Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training for the trials.

Hey guys,

Let it be understood that this thread, in no way, is my way of rushing Máni into knighthood. I have a ways to go ICly before he is ready to advance in rank. However, I plan to have him undergo the trials offered by the SSC to advance to Knighthood through his own merits rather than completed threads and experience. Obviously, the trials are an experience, but to me it is the honor bestowed upon the padawan to complete the trials. Máni values honor and this seems to be the only suitable path for him to take.

I'm looking for a few masters to teach him the necessary skills either theoretically or physically to prepare him for the trials. I trust that there are some who can help him I'm the SSC.

How's about it?

I am making posts on this alt and lazy but my jedi master's could help. I have several ([member="Matsu Ike"], [member="Saki"], [member="Syn"], [member="Sheila"], [member="Tricia"])

Noah Bright

N
[member="Máni"]

Has Mani grow up from being a Viking yet? Or is he still pretty blind to galactic culture as a whole?

If Mani is ready to embrace ALL of the galaxy and look beyond his own Nordic traditions? Well. Then I'd be happy to offer Karen for prep work. :D

[member="Noah Bright"]

For story purposes we can say that he has moved on from his narrow minded views on the galaxy. He won't give up his own traditions and views, but he would be open to listening to and learning new ways. In short; for story purposes, yes.

I can always go back and RP the progressive change from narrow minded to more open minded.

[Member=Orihime Ike]
I'm not sure laziness and I would mesh well at the moment. While I do sincerely appreciate your offer, I think I'm going to respectfully decline at the moment.

Noah Bright

N
[member="Máni"]

Fair enough. You're a pretty cool dude so I'd by happy to lead a hand.

What would you like Karen to prep Mani for? There are hundreds of Trials across hundreds of different interpretations, after all. Which might you prefer to prepare for? :)

Honestly, I only did a brief read-through of the trials offered by the SSC. I believe they were written up by Sochi Ru. But, he really needs combat discipline, he had decent (I guess) combative prowess, but it is extremely erratic and wild. He doesn't have the benefit of any specific forms (Juyo, Vaapad, Makashi, etc.).

That'd be the best place to start, I think.
[Member=Noah Bright]

Perhaps a series of training simulations over a series of threads via the Academy or some other location suitable? If not simulations, then I would be happy to make actual missions of the training.

Noah Bright

N
[member="Máni"]

Cool. Sword forms sounds like an excellent place to start. I'll start a thread for us today, in the Private RPs, and @Mention Mani there. Probably on Voss.

Ah. And I'll look for Sochi Ru's specific Trials write up too. I didn't realize she had penned a bold-in-stone prescription for these types of things. That way, we can be on the same page as far as what "Trials" are concerned. (EDIT: Found it, read it, got it. Easy as pie.)

Cheers. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom