Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Training] First Lessons

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Roon sat in a small training room, his legs folded comfortably and his back was straight. He had his eyes closed, waiting for the famed Master Ravos to join him.
Roon was a padawan in the Jedi order for a while now, unfortunately, he never got a chance to receive much training before, or be put onto an actual mission, but it seemed his luck has finally began to change.

He was accepted into Levantine Sanctum lately, still torn whether or not to join the Republic it would at least give him a chance to see how the Jedi unaligned with the Republic worked. And it would finally give him a chance to receive some training, with Master Ravos no less, he was rather excited for that.

Roon had his eyes closed behind his goggles, taking slow calm breaths as he meditated, reaching out with the Force he felt it, all of its currents and waves, he let it overtake him and his mind drift in it. It calmed him and gave him inner strength.
It helped him achieve his inner peace.

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
The Levantine Sanctum was a new operation, new idea, but it had gone well. They had even started picking up new people, with an spacer friend of Seroth and Rosa's coming to build ships, an ex-X-wing pilot joining up for the prospect of free skies, and now a Jedi padawan, curious of their purpose and wanting to observe, to learn. It was a bit concerning, as Jaxton and the others had had less than fantastic dealing with the Jedi, but they decided to let him in, give him a chance.

And now he waited, meditating patiently as Jax walked into the room. "Hey there, I'm Jaxton." He said and extended a hand. "So, tell me about yourself. How'd you get here, what have you learned, what to do you want to learn?"

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
Hearing the door open, Roon stood up, turning to face Jaxton he took the offered hand, shaking it, he offered him a small bow of greeting as well.
"Greetings, Master Ravos."
He spoke in that deep soothing Kel Dor voice
"I am Padawan Ganar, as you know, I have seek out your group for I heard that Jedi outside the Order are welcomed here."
He folded his arms at his stomach, hiding his hands in his sleeves
"I am unsure whether or not to stay with the Order, to me they have lost the track of what is right, they are too willing to go into war and too keen on expanding rather than helping those who are already under their wings. Even though I chose the path of the Guardian I do not believe one should charge into combat unless it is necessary. I have came here to experience how life is for Jedi outside of the Order, that way I will know which choice will be the right one, whether or not to stay with the Order or not."
He nodded at his own words
"I do not know much, simple basic Force techniques and Shii-Do combat, what I have are natural gifts of my people and proficiency to fight with a single lightsaber, I did not received any advance lessons in the Order and I wasn't taken as student by any Master when I became a Padawan."

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton nodded as the Kel Dor gave his assessment. "I'm not going to push you one way or another on where you choose to go and where you choose to serve, but I will say that many of us who started at the Sanctum had thoughts like yours, on where the Jedi Order is, and where they're going. Whatever you decide you'll be welcome here, provided you don't come with the intention of hurting our people or forcing them to adhere to your ideas." He said, covering his bases. He didn't expect such a thing of the Kel Dor, but clarity never hurt, especially when the man was in the process of deciding to stay, or go back to the Jedi, or wander some loner's path inbetween. Lessons of the Force were important to those who could hear it, but lessons of beliefs and character were more important in his book.

"That being said, I'd be glad to teach you, but I'd prefer you call me Jaxton. I've not called myself a Jedi or a Master in a long time, and here we are united in cause, not hierarchy. I'd prefer a brother to an apprentice anyday." He said, before walking back to the edge of the training room and picking up a small paperweight, a durasteel ball with a flat bottom. He walked back to the Kel Dor and held the ball in his palm, before causing it to levitate above his hand.

"I've never been a strong telekinetic. I can lift maybe a hundred pounds at most with a consistent and draining effort. Skilled padawans and most knights can best me in such a task, but telekinesis isn't holding this ball in the air. Can you tell me what is?"

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
Roon nodded at Jaxton's words before the Rogue Master came up to him with the paperweight, he looked over it thinking
"Hrm, is it the Force or extend of your mind that holds it up in the air?"
The padawan glanced up at Jaxton, he wasn't sure whether he meant it more rhetorical or whether he was talking about some sort of technique besides telekinesis.
"Or it could be movement of air between your palm and the weight."
He still drawled on in that smooth husky Kel Dor speech
"I suppose I can guess on and on, Jaxton, but you hold something besides that paperweight, and that is the answer to the riddle."
He nodded

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton smiled a bit, before letting the ball drop and tossing it to the Kel Dor.

"You're getting there." He said in a friendly tone. "But I'm not holding anything. At least nothing physical."

"I've had the privilege of walking your homeworld's surface. Seeing a Kel Dor unmasked. While I was there I studied with men called the Baran Do, and they eventually taught me manipulation of magnetism and electricity through the Force. With this I can boost the range of commlinks, corrupt data files in terminals, dodge electrophanel machines, and evade and direct the flow of lightning. I'm not sure if you're ready to handle all of that, but I can teach you the talent if you wish."

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
He grabbed the ball, feeling it in his palm and moving his hand over it.
"I have wondered about that option, Jaxton, but I thought only magnets of same alignment could repulse each other, not repulse metal object, only attract them."
He would put the object flat on his palm
"Unless you are able to manipulate the magnetic alignment of electrons in the object, making it temporarily magnetic in same alignment as that projected by your hand, I suppose that would be how the trick is done."
He would check the bottom of the object once more
"Unless you have a magnet hidden in there."

He would look up after that at Jaxton
"Either way, we could start at learning basics of it?"

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton took one of his hand and put it into a fist, then put a forceful tap on his other, before a ring was heard. "Durasteel. Lost half a forearm fighting in the Clockwork Uprising." He said, before walking over and grabbing a durasteel plate. "You'll need something to magnetize as well, and I'd not recommend you follow the same path I did. My first trial was making a ball levitate over a metal plate, so we'll try something similar." He said, before handing the new equipment to the Kel Dor.

"Your goal is to get the ball into the air and to keep it steady. Let me see how you get it done and we'll go from there."

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
"Ah, I see."
Roon nodded as Jaxton pointed out his metal arm.
He took the durasteel plate then and set the paperweight on top of it, feeling the metal sheet with the Force, it felt cold and dull to him, it was an object after all.
"How do I do this then? I have never had experience with trying to manipulate electricity or static."
He watched the objects, trying to focus on setting the alignments of electrons with little success.

Jaxton Ravos

"It is a more . . . subtle manipulation of the Force." Jaxton said, trying to think how best to put it. He was a Jedi Master when he had begun to learn the technique, so he the benefit of strength, experience in learning new techniques. "Now, I don't know the exacts of it, but one of the ways the technique has been explained to me is that at our core sentients are, for the most part, organic machines. Our brain acts as memory, processor, the rest of the body is our hardware, but taste, pain, and feeling are all sent to the brain through electrical signals. And the brain sends out signals for our body to move, which is why prosthesis aren't that difficult to integrate with the body if you can get rid of the foreign body rejection factor."

"See if you can explore your body in the Force, find those signals, manipulate them. It's not an easy thing I know, but I'll help you as I can."

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
Roon nodded as Jaxton explained
"Yes, organic nervous systems are often based on electronic impulses, I've learned as much in the Academy."
Assuming Jedi learning included being taught subjects like biology or physics.

"I will try, Jaxton."
Roon nodded in response, sitting down to get into a meditative position as he took a deep breath through his breathing apparatus, closing his eyes behind his goggles.
He laid the metal plate flat on his palms, relaxing and trying to find his inner peace, put his mind at ease and enter meditative state.

Following Jaxton's directions he tried to feel the presence of beings around him. The cold reverberate of metal in his hands, other items and furniture around, and the warm fuzzy glow of his Zeltron teacher. However, he then focused his sense of the Force inside, on himself, trying to feel it flowing through him, the current of blood through his veins, he tried to feel the brain inside his head and tree of electronic impulses that stemmed from it.
It was difficult, however, it was a hard and foreign concept to him, not something he attempted before.

Jaxton Ravos

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

Jaxton watched as the Kel Dor focused, not only seeing but feeling his concentration in the Force, the lack of a struggle or conflict within him. He was a peaceful man, far as Jaxton could tell, and that made him a bit happy to see. At least some of the Jedi hadn't lost touch of peace. Slowly but surely the paperweight began to move upwards, bobbing up and down and shaking a little, but still levitating. He hadn't the experience to keep it completely steady, or perhaps the power to keep it steady, but he had grasped the concept, and the other work would come in time.

"Good, good. With a little training and focus you'll get it consistent I'm sure." He said, before having a thought of when he learned the technique. "And, word of advice, don't ever use that in a storm or in combat unless you're a 100% certain you've got it. You have a moment of hesitation, or you don't execute perfectly and you'll become a lightning rod."

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

The Kel Dor nodded to Jaxton
"I will keep so in mind."
He answered, letting the ball drop to the metal plate before he took another deep breath and tried to calm himself, finding his inner focus once more to concentrate and try to raise the weight again, this time just a bit higher, a bit steadier, a bit faster. The Kel Dor was no Luke Skywalker to master the technique in a day, he was no chosen one and had no grand gifts to explore. He was a Jedi student, that was all. If he was ever going to achieve great status it would be through hard work and training alone, every day going a bit higher, a bit stronger, until he would be able to accomplish the impossible.

And it was true as Jaxton felt, Kel Dor was at peace currently, but there wasn't really he has seen yet to disturb him. He came to peace with leaving the Jedi Order and he was happier in Levantine Sanctum, but he did not experience wars or battles yet, nor did he ever faced a Sith or saw with his own eyes their evil. It was one thing to achieve inner peace and another to maintain it through Chaos and worse.

Kel Dor struggled as he attempted to keep the electrons alignment changed for longer this time, manipulating a larger area of them to push the weight higher in the air.

"Have there been any other techniques you wished to show me today, Jaxton?"
The Kel Dor asked in his husky tune,
"For I can practice this by myself until I feel ready for the next step, it will be something I can do in my free time."
He added

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton thought for a moment on the Kel Dor's question. "I'd rather not compound lessons and give you more to think about. We'll let you focus on getting a solid basis in this before we go forward." Jaxton explained before standing to his height. "Now, we can go over the lesson if you like, or we can just talk, or we can go get a bite to eat if you like. As I said before, I prefer a brother to an apprentice. If you have anything you'd like to know about me then ask, and I'd like to get to know you as we go further on."

@[member="Roon Ganar"]

@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]
Roon would slowly look from the weight to Jaxton as he offered a grab to eat, just looking to him.
"I can't. Oxygen is poisonous to me. I need to eat in special sealed rooms where there is no oxygen, nitrogen, or carbon."
He would look down to the weight, standing up with the plate still laid down on his hands as he tried to make the metal piece levitate once more,
"Let's go over the lesson real quick first, I do not really have any questions to ask you socially."
Kel-Dor nodded, he was still rather new to the whole just being friendly and social thing, in the Order he was supposed to show respect to Knights and Masters, not socialize with them trivially.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom