Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training Day
Purpose: Character Development, Possible Recruitment
Time of Day: Early Afternoon

Carratos Military Academy, Training Yard

*The click. He heard it. Measured the milliseconds by how long it took the blaster in his assailant's hands to spool up its energy coils. He felt the slight breeze coming from behind him, carrying with it the scent of the being that was set on shooting him. Heavy application of aftershave, smelled of leather and cognac. Humanoid, by his best guess. Justice stood, his back to the unknown, resting on the balls of his feet. His heels were planted on the ground, but that was about to change. He was considering the words that his sister, Analise, had spoken to him just minutes before. She was there, at the behest of the Academy, overseeing yet another of her brother's many trials. She seemed to take the task of preparing her brother seriously, as she delivered her instructions to him as deadpan as possible.*

"Today's scenario is straightforward: you will be accosted by an unknown number of assailants who may or may not be armed with weaponry of varying natures. Your task is simple - disable the assailants, or be disabled yourself. You will not know if your enemy will be using hostages as human shields, you will not know how many there are - unless you are able to determine that by some other means. The element of surprise will be forfeit to you. Your opponents, however, will have every advantage. Good luck, cadet."

*The ground beneath him was gravel. He listened as closely as possible to the crunching sound that it made from behind him. One...two...three - possibly four assailants were moving in on him. The closest was choosing to engage him in his immediate vicinity. The blaster was likely pointed at his head. In one smooth movement, Justice let gravity take him; pulling his body towards the ground. Sliding his right leg back, he turned his chin inward to find that his opponent was - indeed - standing with his feet evenly-spaced behind him. His head had slipped deftly below the barrel of the blaster, even as he pushed back with his left leg and snapped to turn inward with his right. Carrying his snap-turn's momentum, his left hand covered his right, balled fist; turning it into a drilling elbow strike, aimed at the humanoid's solar plexus. With all the driving force of a sledgehammer, the strike found purchase at its mark. He felt the body reflexively going limp beneath his blow, and rapidly reached up with both hands to grasp the man at the crux of his shoulder and at the elbow. Grappling his opponent - who was still between Justice and the unknown other number of assailants - he placed his own shoulder into the man's rib-cage and lifted, turning the whole of his body upward in the effect of a throwing move.*

*His eyes were following the movement of the man's arm; the grip with which he held his blaster weapon was loosening. In the turn of the throw, Justice let his own body follow suit. This would allow him to end up about-face, and he'd have the perfect view of his other opponents. As the man's body was being overturn, the pistol began to fall. Justice moved to catch the gun in his aerial maneuver, his own hand sliding onto the grip with ease. As the two of them both fell to the ground, Justice's left elbow struck the man again in the face (albeit accidentally, as his throw put him a bit off-position). The sound of the man's stifled groan was enough to assure the young Caydence of his success. The strike also served to steady his body as he came into full view of the other three individuals. One held a bright red training dummy with another blaster in hand, and the other two had melee weapons. Justice had caught them just enough by surprise that they'd had little chance to react. The first - a Klatooinian with the dummy - was moving from having the pistol trained on Caydence to aiming it at his "hostage". Justice used every bit of his expertise to take aim and fire at his face without hesitation. The training pistol fired the stun round directly at its mark, hitting the target and sending the soldier to the ground without so much as a sound. After that, it was a simple notion to take aim and fire at his other two assailants, dropping them both to the ground in quick succession.*

*With that, the klaxon sounded that the drill was over. Justice maintained his vigil for a moment longer, making certain that he hadn't missed someone. Then, when it became clear that he was successful, he moved the pistol into a safety position and relaxed himself. Clambering to his feet, he looked down at the man that he'd struck. His brow furrowed when he saw the damage he'd caused - he had likely broken the man's nose. The now-confirmed human male was certainly knocked unconscious, though. He'd feel compelled to offer apologies to him later, likely in the form of a round or two of drinks. Medical personnel moved into the area soon after, taking care of the wounded. Justice powered down the pistol, handing it off to one of the other instructors who had been standing by them. They offered their congratulations, to which Justice simply nodded and offered his thanks. Analise soon entered the area from one of the buildings situated nearby, along with the lead instructor, who looked at the unconscious male with a small amount of disdain in his features. When the pair of them had reached Justice, the cadet stood at-attention, saluting his superiors.*

"Caydence, I'd really rather you didn't knock the sutts out of these men each time you face them." *The surly Lorrdian told him.* "It's getting to where they'd much rather just let you win, and the medical bills are getting to be atrocious."

*The salutes were returned, and Justice stood at-attention still.*

"My apologies, sir. The angle of my throw was off. I should have held back."

*The Lorrdian shook his head* "No, no. These things happen. It's why we have things like bacta baths. D'Vrell will be fine. You may want to make amends with him though."

*Justice did his best to hide his smirk.* "I intend to, sir."

"You did well, Cadet Caydence." *Analise took a moment to respond.* "That move...the one that dispatched Officer D'Vrell - where'd you learn that?"

*The young Caydence looked at his sister with a bit of mock confusion.*

"I believe...why, I do believe it was you who taught me that one--" *He snapped back to attention, as soon as he recognized his informality.* "--ma'am."

"Hmm." *Analise smirked a little.* "I may need to refresh your memory as to the proper execution of the throw, at some point. You were a little off your mark."

*Just thinking about the prospect of another "lesson" from his sister made him wince a little.*

"Y-Yes...ma'am."

"At any rate," *His sister said with a small degree of exasperation* "You were able to take out all four opponents, and you managed to spare the hostage. I'd say this was a marked success on your part, Cadet."

"Thank you, ma'am." *The young Caydence stood a little taller now.*

"This will conclude your martial assessment for this stage, Cadet Caydence." *The Instructor affirmed.* "You're dismissed." *The Lorrdian turned to Analise.* "Captain, I'd like to thank you on behalf of the Academy for your assistance."

*The two of them shook hands, and Analise responded in kind.*

"It has been my pleasure, Sergeant. I look forward to continuing our work here. The CDF needs the cadets that this Academy produces to help us maintain our presence in this system."

"I couldn't agree more, ma'am." *He exchanged glances between the two siblings.* "And it seems like we're maintaining that status quo quite well, with the likes of you two in the ranks."

"Thank you, sir." *Justice responded, trying not to seem overly-proud.*

"You're still here, Caydence?" *The Sergeant scoffed.* "Ah, I guess you're waiting for your sister. Very well then. By your leave, Captain."

*The group exchanged salutes, and once the Sergeant had excused himself, the two siblings began to walk toward the exit together. Analise was the first to break the silence.*

"Keep this up, and you won't have to worry about me looking over your shoulder anymore, baby bro."

*Justice laughed a little.* "You're really not gonna let me live this down, are you?"

"Nope." *She responded.* "You have a legacy to live up to, after all."

*The youngest Caydence looked at his sister with a glance of feigned contempt.*

"Oh...wow!" *He chuckled.* "No, there's no egotism there at all, hmm?"

*The pair of them laughed and carried on, walking out of the complex. Over on the other side of the courtyard, the Lorrdian Sergeant stood with another of the instructors, who was holding a datapad.*

"Was there enough footage there? Did we capture all of the angles?"

"Yes, sir." *The instructor supplied.* "I believe we managed to capture all of the necessary data."

"That's good news. Forward that to our contacts in the Alliance. I figure they'll want to see how our young Cadet Caydence is progressing."

*The instructor nodded, depressing a few keys on his datapad and walking away. The Sergeant turned to look once more upon the scene that had unfolded, the faintest smile coming over his features.*

[member="Astarii Saren"] | [member="Zark"] | [member="Kira Vaal"]

Carratos Military Academy
Post-Training Exercise

*As the Caydence siblings walked out of the Academy's training grounds, they conversed about the state of affairs now that Carratos and - more specifically - the family's naval yards were becoming affiliated with the Galactic Alliance. Analise was certain that the move would be beneficial for the system. Justice still held reservations over the affair.*

"What happens when they decide that we aren't toeing the line?"

*Analise held a look of surprise on her features.*

"When? Don't you mean if?"

"C'mon, sis," *Justice said with some measure of exasperation* "they're a major galactic power that has been driven towards a singular goal over the past few years. That goal has been reached, so now...what? They're just going to leave the rest of the galaxy be?"

"They're focused on multiple aspects of their governance. They have been a militant faction up until now--"

"My point exactly. 'Militant'. You said it yourself."

"I'm still trying to find said point there, kiddo."

*The fact that she was resorting to jabbing him with the same stick of the two whole years between them meant something to Justice. It meant that he was on shaky ground in convincing her.*

"My point is - they don't know how to govern. They know how to conquer, but governing takes a delicate approach. It means they have to stick around for a while, know the multi-faceted cultures that are strewn throughout a galaxy that they've only been a part of for...how long, again? I mean, their campaign just struck out towards the Core over the past six months. How're they gonna know how to run-" *He motioned his hands upward, pointing about the sky in an exaggerated display.* "-all of this?"

*Her brow furrowed. Justice knew that he must have finally found a notion that resonated with thoughts of her own.*

"But, Justice...how can anyone say that they know 'how to govern'? Isn't the point of a free-thinking society the ability to listen, to make concessions where they're due? The Alliance started out with the intention of ending the injustices committed by the One Sith. They have stockpiled resources, achieved peace in several systems where there was none before, and their actions have been nothing if not beneficial for the galaxy thus far. Even Carratos has come much further along, by leaps and bounds. Pirate raids in this system have been reduced considerably, some of the more-dignified crews have even signed on with the Alliance as privateers with the intention of mopping up rogue Sith elements in the quadrant. I mean, if it wasn't for the Alliance, we wouldn't have gotten Joanna back, and--"

*Her tone had grown increasingly-emotional throughout, and Justice could see the look on her face when she mentioned Joanna. The young Caydence wrapped his arm around his sister, and his tone became softer, more-apologetic.*

"--I understand. I'm sorry, Leese - I just don't want us to fall into the trap of believing that the Galactic Alliance's sudden appearance is going to solve all of our problems. I think we need to be more-active in our dealings with them, is all."

*She sidled away from him, grabbing his shoulder with a light squeeze. Looking up at him, she finalized her thoughts.*

"Then do that. 'Be the change you wish to see.'"

*Justice had to laugh at her words. They were their mother's, straight from her own mouth. The youngest Caydence had to admit, Analise even sounded like her when she spoke them.*

"You're starting to sound like her, you know..."

*She squeezed his shoulder harder. Justice winced, his look suggesting exaggerated shock.*

"Justice Alan, you take that back!" *She smacked him playfully. Still, she could throw a decent punch.*

"Ow! You animal!" *He joked, albeit there was some truth in his tone.* "It was meant to be a compliment!"

"Uh huh. Sure."

*The two of them stood, speaking a little longer. When Analise glanced down at her chrono, she posed a question to her brother.*

"Aren't you supposed to be meeting the boys at the range soon?"

*Looking to his own chrono, he nodded.*

"Yeah...I'd better get going. I'll be on time, though. You know I will."

*A grin crossed his features, and Analise gave him a disapproving look. She knew what that meant. It meant that Justice had brought along his Valravn. Which also meant that he had intention of breaking more than a few ordinances on his way to meet his brothers. A sister was allowed to disapprove. She urged him not to be reckless, to which he only replied with "Thanks, mum." before giving her a brotherly hug and parting ways with her. It wasn't far to the Academy's parking complex, and soon Justice found himself standing at the front of his cherry-red, ultrachrome-accented speeder bike. He slid his fingers across the nose-prongs, all the way down the side to the bike's control-fin. He easily straddled the grey and red leather seat due to the ride's height. It was a practiced motion that took almost no time at all for the tall lad, and soon, he found himself leaning forward to access the storage compartment. From there, he pulled his matching cherry red and black helmet out, sliding it over his head. It wasn't long before the speeder was started with a throaty "HUM" noise, and then eased up off the ground when the repulsor lifts kicked in. Steering the bike towards the exit of the complex slowly, he depressed a button on the side of his helm that caused the visor to slide down and lock into place. Moments after, the sounds of the engines roaring open could be heard throughout the area; and soon, the red streak shot out of the complex, destined for the outskirts of Chofin.*

[member="Astarii Saren"] | [member="Zark"] | [member="Kira Vaal"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom