Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training Begins

Form One, also known as Shii-Cho. This was the most common and basic form according to Kresslyn's own point of view because he saw it everywhere. Initiates practiced it. Younglings practiced it. Padawans became proficient in it. Knights mastered it. Masters taught it. Every lightsaber form had its own cycle amongst the ranks of the Jedi and Sith, but Form One was the most popular because it was the basis of all things. All formally trained Jedi and Sith would most likely be familiar with form one. All duelists through the galaxy familiar with form one. It was a connecting factor between almost all trained force users in the galaxy, and he was grateful for this.

First, he learned to respect the weapon.

Second, he would learn to wield it.

Once he learned the true raw power of the lightsaber, he had always admired it and abhorred the idea of not having one. While she spoke and instructed him, adjusting him physically as needed, he listened and listened only. There were no questions as to why this one awkward stance was the way it was, why he should hold it a certain way, why he would hold it with two hands instead of one with an offhand. He never asked why, only listened. Over the next hour, he learned the basics of the way of the Sarlaac, of deflecting blaster bolts, and more. He learned to parry, to evade, and how to counter attack.

​As she concluded, she explained that starting now, he'd have three weeks to master this form and prove it satisfactory to her. Most likely in a duel or something. Immediately after this session, he would use the training holocron to master the form along with training droids that were set to various difficulties in the JHTC.

"Your homework for tonight and tomorrow will be from the library archives. I want you to go research the Jedi Sword Forms and be prepared to teach me about them, academically, tomorrow evening. If you do well, I'll have more homework for you to do. If I find your teachings lacking? I'll have you assigned to Laundry and you'll be folding robes for hours. ...Understood?"

Easy.

"Understood, Master. I'll have it done in two." he said, a confident smirk on his face. Then, he turned to exit the room with the training saber in his hand.

[member="Diana McClaine"]

Samatharis

S
The Next Evening...

Diana requested Kresslyn to meet him at a popular cafe just outside the Rest. The sun was slowly going down in the horizon and long shadows had begun to fall over the golden promenade. The cafe was traditional Kashyyyk in fashion. High off the ground and nestled easily inside the frame of a giant tree. The floor plan was circular in design with beautiful wood furnishings and tribal decor. More gold and silver than usual and the menu seemed quite pricey. However, funnily enough, the entire restaurant staff seemed to be Sullustan. Curious. But the view of the outdoor mall just below was fantastic. Especially when the whole place was lit for evening in the torchlight.

McClaine sat at the wide circular bar that ran the whole length of the cafe's parameter. A perfect view out the long curving windows. Her data pad was plugged into the wall and she sipped on what looked to be, well, probably her third cup of pumpkin spice coffee. She was reviewing recipes from some of the SSC construction projects off-worlds. Making sure the money worked and the money worked. If you know what I mean.

She rubbed her tired cosmopolitan eyes and motioned for him to pull up a stool beside her. She could use a distraction anyway.

"Welcome back Apprentice."

Diana put her pad down and took a deep breath. As if exhaling all her stress at once.

"So. Before we begin... Coffee? Tea? Menu's right there. ...Anyway. Before we begin. Why don't you tell me how you've been settling into the Rest thus far? How's the place fit you, ya know? No trouble thus far yes?"

She looked around the restaurant and gave a light yawn to towards the setting sun. Damn. Maybe she needed another caf too. Anyway. What did I just ask? Oh right. Kresslyn. Settling in. Yes, fine. That's perfect. She could keep up.

Omph. Well. Probably.

[member="Kresslyn Cantor"]​

As he walked up the steps into the cafe established within a tree just outside of the rest, he envisioned himself at the lower ground combatting an enemy that had the higher ground, the duel progressing itself up the stairs. One of the strong points of Shii-Cho was that it had a variety of target zones within the legs. He hadn't had much sleep but it wasn't visible from the outside. Kresslyn's voice always sounded the same. In addition to this, his stature never changed. One of the very few lessons he was taught by his drunk of a father was that he should always present himself as ready and alert. This was a trait that was permanently engraved in him and would not waiver whatsoever.

When he finally finished climbing the steps, he saw his Master tucked away in the edge of the cafe near a wide and very revealing window. She, on the other hand, was visibly tired. She rubbed her eyes motioned him to join her. With haste, he pulled up a stool next to her and waited for her to gather her thoughts and begin speaking.

"So. Before we begin... Coffee? Tea? Menu's right there. ...Anyway. Before we begin. Why don't you tell me how you've been settling into the Rest thus far? How's the place fit you, ya know? No trouble thus far yes?"

Kresslyn had gotten an hour of sleep and spent the night practicing the First Form, including practice against a training droid that fired blasts at him on multiple difficulties, training him to deflect blast bolts.

"Well, I'm kind of tired I guess."

He wasn't.

"I'll take some coffee." he then motioned over a waiter and requested a coffee, flicking him a chip of credits as needed.

"I've been fitting in okay, I guess. Though I'm from Coruscant, big groups of people were never really my thing. That's why once I'm done training, I wish to be a Pathfinder and explore the galaxy either in small pairs or by myself. Solitude is one of my best suits. I'll probably get a droid or something to keep me sane. Not one that would spill oil on me though." he laughed as he mentioned her droid that spilled oil all over his tacos.

"How are you, Master? You seem tired." he said.

Samatharis

S
I guess you didn't need the Force to tell it had been a long day. Pity. Her make up was always immaculate. She was sure you could never see the tiredness on her... *yawnnn* ...face. Oh. Right.

"Tired? Oh. Well. Long day I suppose. I'll be happy when it's over and I can finally hit the hay."

She smiled and sat up straight. Better posture for a better conversation.

"I think Pathfinder would suit you nicely. Pity. Some of the Guardians and Shields have been asking after you. With the war against the Sith Empire sparking at the northern borders, I guess they're looking to double war-time Jedi recruitments. Anyway. I'll let them know you've decided on the Pathfinder division. Hehe. Poor sods. I can see the disappointment on their faces now."

She shrugged and pulled up her data pad again. Checking her email just to be sure the letter from the Silver Shields was still there. And it was. Good. She'd get back to them later tonight. No biggie.

"So. ...I suppose you've had some time now to get accustomed to the way we do things around here. So tell me. How fairs your own views on the Jedi Philosophy? Being a Pathfinder will mean that you'll have very little supervision and will most likely be the first, or only, contact that many species will have with the Order. Well. With space wizards at all, I suppose."

She tapped her chin and turned her chest to face him.

"Care to tell me a little bit about how you plan to behave yourself? As, the Jedi Code can be a bit... Mmm. Orthodox at times. Fancying any popular schools of thought these days, hmm?"

It was inevitable among Pathfinders that they eventually 'go native'. Become what the old Jedi used to call 'Gray'. I suppose It was the distance from their peers and their constant contact with foreign Force cultures and new ideas that made them evolve differently. Learn differently. Develop differently. It wasn't a bad thing of course. But all Pathfinders stay Pathfinders. She only knew of one exception in over a hundred years and even he was always trying to get back 'out there'. The wanderlust just seemed to possess them.

Diana didn't mind. She was a homebody at heart anyway. That's why she never sought an Assembly Seat and joined the Service Corps. She liked a regular schedule, in regular places, and with regular faces every day. Wandering the galaxy to her just meant new diseases to catch, new parasites to flush out, and new languages to puzzle over. Bleh. Or tomb raiding. Gross. And you can never get that mossy damp smell out of your boots again either. Disgusting. Eww eww eww. No thank you. She'd take a warm cafe and few brewed coffees over anything like that. Ever.

"Speaking of personal philosophies. Has yours changed any from meeting the Silvers? I'm just curious."

Boy. She had questions today, didn't she. Omph.

That was sad. Hopefully his Master would eventually get some rest. Once he was done with his Apprenticeship, she'd probably still be busy. Master was not only a title, but a very active and time consuming job. Some suited this job because they required structure and activities to survive, others did not and saw the job as only that. A job.

"True. You'll be fine and resting soon, Master. At least I hope." he said in response to the comment regarding sleep.

"I think Pathfinder would suit you nicely. Pity. Some of the Guardians and Shields have been asking after you. With the war against the Sith Empire sparking at the northern borders, I guess they're looking to double war-time Jedi recruitments. Anyway. I'll let them know you've decided on the Pathfinder division. Hehe. Poor sods. I can see the disappointment on their faces now."

He looked up for a moment and pondered switching organizations. He then laughed, not because they wanted him, but the thought of him being an asset someone sought after. It wasn't common.

"Well, I did consider that at first. I'm no stranger to combat. It seems the Pathfinders run thin at times, though. I want to get out there and see the far reaches of the galaxy. See all the strange species and cultures, help them with their local problems. Eventually, I might just stay on one of those planets and retire. Time will tell. I've got to find my sister first, though."

The driving force behind him came to shine once again. It was all he thought about at times, and even enraged him occasionally.

"So. ...I suppose you've had some time now to get accustomed to the way we do things around here. So tell me. How fairs your own views on the Jedi Philosophy? Being a Pathfinder will mean that you'll have very little supervision and will most likely be the first, or only, contact that many species will have with the Order. Well. With space wizards at all, I suppose." she said

An interesting question to look into his future.

"Care to tell me a little bit about how you plan to behave yourself? As, the Jedi Code can be a bit... Mmm. Orthodox at times. Fancying any popular schools of thought these days, hmm?" she added.

"The Jedi philosophy overall didn't originally suit me well and still doesn't, but I conform to it." he responded "As for how I plan to behave.. as I always have. Reactionary. Once I find my sister I'll make sure she's safe and protect her by all means necessary. I will do whatever it takes."

An ultimatum.

An absolute.

"Speaking of personal philosophies. Has yours changed any from meeting the Silvers? I'm just curious." she said.

"No, Master. It hasn't. Its only affected the way I think. Morally. I'm still quiet and an observer. I believe what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. Everyone does that, though." he laughed as he concluded.

Samatharis

S
Resolute.

Good. That was a key component in the Pathfinder Division. They prefer survivors. People with both physical and mental toughness. (And people with their own ship, of course.) No doubt the Pathfinders would come to appreciate Cantor's skills. Even if he only calls to check in once a year.

He mentioned that the Jedi culture of Silver Rest didn't much suit his personal tastes. Disappointing. But not uncommon. Force Powers often solidified a person's personal views and values as 'more correct'. Rather than the preferred method of opening up their mind to new ideas and new revelations. Ah. But alas. Not even the Jedi Order had all the answers. Even the Jedi who'd lived for a hundred years fancied themselves mere students of the Light. It was a wise token for any human to remember in their short, short galactic lives.

But Diana need not speak of such things. Kresslyn's destiny was his, and his alone. He'd need to figure it out the hard way. By living it one day at a time.

"Fair enough. And I appreciate your honesty. And while, such an answer does nothing to fast-track your political career towards becoming Jedi Grandmaster? Hehe."

She winked,

"I have a feeling your answer suits you perfectly. Well done."

Her phone beeped a few times as she talked. More messages. More work. More people needing assigning. Ah. How a Master's work was never done.

"Anyway. Your Apprentice Clearances still stand. And your welcome to leave the Rest and travel as you see fit anytime. The Silvers are nothing if not accommodating. I'll give them that."

She tapped her phone to silent.

"Now. On to homework. Why don't you tell me a little about the sword forms you've been researching. Fancy any styles in particular? Found a favorite yet, hmm?"

She knew he was a hard worker. Time to see what he'd learned.

She took a bit to ponder his answers to her questions. While she came up with a response and another question, he looked around and saw their waiter bringing him his drink.

"Thank you." he said with gratitude, taking the cup with one hand and sipping from it. By the time he got the drink, she spoke once more.

"Fair enough. And I appreciate your honesty. And while such an answer does nothing to fast-track your political career towards become Jedi Grandmaster?" she added, laughing after the fact.

"Yeah, right." he added "A Pathfinder Grandmaster. Now that would be something interesting." he said as he laughed.

"I have a feeling your answer suits you perfectly. Well done."

Then, the reality of her role arose once again. Her phone beeped multiple times with multiple messages. Probably from other Masters and Knights within the order. Padawans, Younglings, and Initiates arrived every single day. Every one of them needed assignment to a Master, a schedule, and more. Kresslyn was glad he didn't have as much of a strict schedule as the Padawans that were invited to the Silver Rest rather than him just showing up.

"Now. On to homework. Why don't you tell me a little about the sword forms you've been researching. Fancy any styles in particular? Found a favorite yet, hmm?" she asked

"Hmm. I've liked the way of the Rancor and the way of the Hawk-Bat. I'm not sure why. I believe these styles would go well with when I craft my lightsaber. I'll most likely teach myself how to use a phase-shift or something along those lines." he said

He liked the aggressive forms the most.

Samatharis

S
"Good. Sounds like you're getting the hang of the library. No doubt that will come in handy in your travels."

She smiled faintly and took another sip of her caf.

"Actually. The reason I called you here today was to mention that'd I'll be leaving the Rest for awhile. The SSC needs manpower nearer the border world projects and many of our people have been recalled do to the war effort. My plate just got a lot more projects put on it. Hehe. Sorry."

She shrugged. The Silver Jedi were larger than ever. The Navy, ready for a fight too. Yet I guess Jedi Masters were ever and always in short supply. Such was the nature of a galaxy far, far away.

"Anyway. I'll be leaving for a few weeks and you'll need to keep yourself occupied. As such, you'll be given free access to the Sword and Force Powers Holocrons deemed suitable for Apprentices. And, if you require any assistance I expect you'll be able to request lessons and meetings with any of the remaining Jedi in the Temple. I know both Romi and Yurioc have been around lately. Don't feel shy about messages them for advice or things to do."

She smiled and then returned her gaze to her datapad. Her mind slowly drifting elsewhere.

"So. If you have any last questions for me? Feel free to ask. Otherwise. I release you to continue to master your Apprentice-Level activities and get to know a few more faces around the Order. Dismissed, Apprentice."

Kresslyn could sense she was thinking about a warm hot shower and then bed. Another perfectly busy night on Kashyyyk.

"Good. Sounds like you're getting the hang of the library. No doubt that will come in handy in your travels." she said.

Exploration and a want for knowledge always intrigued Kresslyn, so there was no doubt that he would almost always have a book that could teach him something new on him. Now, they'd get down to business and discuss the final topic that would conclude his formal training phase with his Master for a while. She was leaving to tend to Jedi business. A classic phrase that was commonly said. Masters weren't scarce, but they weren't abundant either.

"Actually. The reason I called you here today was to mention that'd I'll be leaving the Rest for awhile. The SSC needs manpower nearer the border world projects and many of our people have been recalled do to the war effort. My plate just got a lot more projects put on it. Hehe. Sorry." she said, laughing at the end.

This would definitely be a somewhat challenge for Kresslyn, but this wasn't something holocrons and other knowledgeable Knights couldn't do.

"No problem, Master. I'll surely be able to maintain myself... I've been discovering a few new abilities of mine that are quite interesting and will be of use when I'm in Knighthood." he said quite confidently.

"I'll be attending a Saber class with Master Jade, and I've already crafted my own saber on Master Yuroic's expedition to Ilum." he added.

And just like that, it was over. The last time he'd see his Master until she was back from assignment.

"So. If you have any last questions for me? Feel free to ask. Otherwise. I release you to continue to master your Apprentice-Level activities and get to know a few more faces around the Order. Dismissed, Apprentice." she concluded.

"No, Master. Safe travels. Come back in one piece." he laughed as he stood and walked away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom