Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades

Taji Nelson

T
Taji was not the kind of person who liked to be confused with others. This was why when he had discovered that the Tie Fighter he had was tied to the Empire, he had decided he needed to get rid of it. But he also knew he needed a ship of his own. This was why he had visited the Holonet Page of the Theed Hangar and arranged a meeting in person, on the world of Coruscant. Currently waiting by the space port, as the Hyperdrive of the Tie Fighter was still recharging. Sure he had managed to juryrig one, but it had needed to recharge today. It was time to give up the "ghost" as it were, and abandon his ship. Selling it was for the best. Not only would he get 5000 credits, but he'd get a slightly bigger home for himself. Of course he'd have to modify it to have a hyper-drive.

Currently he was waiting for the person from Theed Hangar to show up, so he could make the swap. If it weren't for the fact he needed the credits badly, and needed a new ship he wouldn't have come here. After all, he didn't like to be around many people but knew he'd need to come out of his shell. Still, he preferred the comfort of building mechanical devices to socializing.

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taji Nelson"]

Two vessels touched down nearby: a sleek chrome yacht and a Virtue-class light bomber. The yacht disgorged a being of immense wisdom, nobility, elegance, and prestige: a nine-foot-tall mushroom named Tavassem. The Xagobahn Malvil twirled his tendrils politely.

"Mister Taji?" he burbled. "I am Senior Shipwright Tavassem. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

One tendril trailed along the TIE's angular wing. "What a beautiful vessel, and so well-preserved. I hope the bargain is still amenable to you. Tell me, how did you find such a perfect specimen?"

Taji Nelson

T
"Truth be told, I honestly don't remember. But I did some modifications to the old girl..." He said, gesturing at the hyperdrive that he had rigged to the Tie Fighter which surprisingly worked. "Gave her a hyperdrive, because I thought she could best be used to help me travel the galaxy. After all few people expect someone to live in a fighter and travel in it across the galaxy. Yes, our bargain is still on, pending my examination of the new vehicle you're providing me to use. However, I believe I was clear I didn't want it armed with bombs, but with other weapons because I didn't want to run the risk of it blowing up with me inside it."

Taji was a bit concerned about being around others, but was trying to mask that concern.. Part of him wanted to run and hide, and get away from the Shipwright. "In any case, assuming the bomber or former bomber passes my evaluation, we still have a deal." He'd walk towards the bomber, waiting for the Shipwright to follow him. "Please follow me. We'll see if your bomber passes my tests."

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taji Nelson"]

"Oh, I see," said Tavassem, engrossed in the readout from a tendril-held portable sensor. "Modifications. Oh dear."

Another tendril waved absently. "No, Mister Taji, you go along. Do whatever tests you require. The pilot will be most accommodating. At your request, we have of course uninstalled the bomb bay and replaced it with an energy torpedo projector. As there are no true explosives involved, the new mount is far less volatile and invulnerable to sympathetic detonation. A fighter-scale hyperdrive and miniature navicomputer have already been installed and tailored to your specifications. You will find the vessel most agreeable."

Taji Nelson

T
[member="Ajira Cardei"]

"And you've set up a bank account with the credits for me?" asked Taji, as he finished his visual inspection of the Bomber. True to their word, the exterior didn't have a bomb bay, but instead an Energy Torpedo Projector.

Dying in an explosion of fire was not on Taji's to do list which was one of the reasons why he had the bomb bay replaced. Of course there were other reasons, as well. One of these was that Taji was not the kind of person who liked to blow his enemies up unless they were in a space battle, and even then just enough damage to get the job done. There was no sense making people hate him after all.

"If I find any more rare fighters, I'll be sure to send them your way."

Taji grinned. Now his new ship looked nothing like an Imperial one which meant that he wouldn't be confused with that group of in his opinion, idiots! It was a relief to the shy and introverted force using inventor.

The ship had passed his inspection.

"All you have to do is hand over the codes to the new ship, and I'll toss you the keys to mine."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taji Nelson"]

"By all means," said the Xagobahn Malvil placidly. The nine-foot-tall mushroom ambled toward the bomber, stowing his tendril-held scanner in a tasteful bandolier. "The funds have, of course, been prepared." Another tendril held up two small hard drives. "One of these is a credit stick in the amount of five thousand Galactic Alliance credits. The other contains the access codes for the vessel you have just examined. There is no need for suspicious or high-handed measures here, Mister Taji, as you can tell. The Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps does not concern itself with games."

The fungoid tendril uncoiled, extending across the distance between them. One snug loop waved the two drives in front of Taji, where he could secure them handily.

"This trade is satisfactory to us, Mister Taji. Should you find anything of especial worth and uniqueness in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our offices again."

Taji Nelson

T
Taji nodded, taking both of the Drives and stashing them into a pocket in his outfit. He had a new home now, and one that was less likely to tie him to the Imperials. Things were starting to look up, but his home was going to need a lot of his own personal renovations, before he could make sure he could use it properly. Giving the keys over to the mushroom man, Taji said to him. "You can tell your pilot to leave the bomber, I'll be piloting it from now on. After all, it is my new home, while you've got my old one. I already took everything of value off of the Tie Fighter, all I own anyway..." said Taji carrying a lightweight locked box. All he had besides that were the clothes on his back, which weren't much to be completely honest. Taji smiled as he boarded the Virtue Class Bomber, preparing to evict the pilot and take over the vessel so he could use it as his new home. It was a step in the right direction, until he could afford something bigger and better than a fighter to call home. Of course, he didn't want to have to meet in person again but given that he had wanted to check out the ship that he'd call home for any hidden boobytraps, because you could never be too careful Taji had met in person this once.

[member="Ajira Cardei"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Taji Nelson"]

The Xagobahn Malvil trundled up to the bomber as the Naboo pilot emerged. "Thank you, Lieutenant Cormoran. The transfer has been accepted. Please take possession of the other vessel."

"As you wish, sir." The pilot eyed Taji and climbed out of the bomber. He accepted the activation key and proceeded into the nearby TIE. Tavassem reached into the cockpit with ease and passed him the scanner, so as to get a better idea of the ship's peculiarities.

The Malvil headed for the Naboo yacht. Theed Hangar's work here was done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom