Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tracks in the Desert [Mandalorian Dominion of Elom]

Objective#1 - get medical aide
Allies: [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] [member="Briika Detta"]
Post 3/10

Satine was listening or tried to her head still felt funny she felt oddly at war within herself. She knew they were trying to help and there were all these questions

She shook her head no at all the questions, she just, couldn't remember and if the look in their eyes were of any indication. They were frustrated slightly that her answers weren't more forthcoming.

The noise from above though seemed to give her feelings of angst.

She looked at Briika, "I fell" but when she couldn't remember, when did she get here, "got here a while ago.." was it weeks, a few months..she just didn't know. She winced slightly as they began their work.

She growled low, she didn't like being poked and prodded at.

Objective#1 - Get Kad to Satine
Allies: [member="Nolan Detta"] | [member="Satine D'ulin"] | [member="Lilin Imperieuse"] | [member="Briika Detta"]
Post 6/20

"She's with Briika at the RMSU," Kad said once he got his buy'ce off.

Leading Nolan to the unit was like trying to keep the cart behind the horse. Could Kad blame him, no, but the man could do with some patience. Some men were still looking for their wives, or had given up on hope they would ever return. Kad was in that category, and once Nolan had been delivered to Satine, he was off back to helping the wounded. Kad didn't want to see the lovey dovey...

It took a better part of the day, but the triage was finally done. Kad found a boulder and sat on the ground in front of it, leaning against the back of it. He'd rest until it was time for more work, or time to leave. For now, he just wanted the rush of injured to be over.

Briika Munin

Shieldmaiden of Clan Munin (retired)
Objective: #3 - Continue medical aid
Allies: [member="Nolan Detta"], [member="Satine D'ulin"], [member="Kad Tor"], [member="Lilin Imperieuse"]

So far, so good. The Rapid Response Mobile Surgical Unit had worked well on this mission. Urgent medical aid was delivered as designed in a timely matter to those in need of it in the devastated surface settlement, now the long term needs of the Elom's residents would need to be met. That however would not be solved over night, and the Mando'ade would do what ever it took to see that Elom got help in rebuilding and defending their planet.

Briika ushered in Nolan to see his riduur when Kad had brought him to the Rimsoo; cautioning her brother in law to be gentle with Satine as she was recovering from a leg wound that was infected and that the Mistryl Guard's mental state was fragile as well; the cause of that still a mystery.

Once they were reunited and Bree was satisfied things were going to be okay, the baar'ur left them and continued her work as there were many more patients to see and treat.

Family: [member="Satine D'ulin"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Briika Detta"]
Objective: Hug

Nolan slid down to Satine's side, he removed his helmet and placed a gauntleted hand on hers. Eyes filled with joy and hope, all signs of grief and anguish had left his mind. He looked to Briika with an obvious look of gratitude and pride.

"Thank you Bri for helping her."

Turning back to Satine, Nolan placed a kiss upon her cheek.

"My love, I am here."

[SIZE=12pt]Location: Elom[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Family: [member="Nolan Detta"] [member="Kad Tor"] [member="Briika Detta"][/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Objective- Reunite with Nolan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Satine reached for Nolan as he finished the gentlest of kisses to her cheek. She pulled him close hugging him as hard as her strength allowed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“Are you real Nolan, are you here, or is my imagination making it seem so?” The things that happen the things that she couldn’t control[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]If the galaxy had any sympathy left it would leave them alone.[/SIZE]

7/20

Mando'a was a curious tongue. It is said that in five millennia, the Mandalorians fought with and against a thousand armies on a thousand worlds. They learned to speak as many languages and absorbed weapons technology and tactics from every war. And yet, despite the overwhelming influence of alien cultures, and the absence of a true homeworld and even species, their own language not only survived but changed little, their way of life and their philosophy remained untouched, and their ideals and sense of family, of identity, of nation, were only strengthened.

How he understood it, there were elements of the language that were taken from the ancient Taungs of Coruscant, from which the culture stemmed. Micah couldn't quite say if this was true or otherwise, with so much history and lore lost in the Four Hundred Year Darkness, but there was some history there that he could respect. It was the tradition. Maybe it was because he too respected the lore, much like that of the Moross Crusade. His family might not take to it, and his father may not be a God as Neth the Keeper, but there was something about traditions and rituals he enjoyed.

That connection. Everyone needed that.

Wandering on, he could hear the the language flow through casual conversation. Mando'a had no grammatical cases, only two forms for a verb to take, a tense prefix system, and simplistic rules for forming adjectives from nouns and verb stems. He gave a grimace, thinking about that. Well, he might have not been schooled properly on it, but that was the overall book learning so they say.

Spelling and punctuation were optional, it really depended on the preference of the speaker. Which is why hearing it here was a bit more difficult to pick up than back on Yavin Four. That was blended with a bit of ancient paecen, different slang and bastardization of words.

But at least he was learning.

Objective: 3 and 2 (sort of) and 4
Allies: [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Nodding, Anija straightened in her chair and faced Sio as she carefully set her glass on the decking beside her seat. "I realize that, Sio. An I appreciate that you are willing to do so, especially given recent events - on my behalf." As she sat there, she took a few careful breaths and began to center herself as Ember had taught her. Focus was key. Slowly, she breathed out one last time and reached into the Force, using the energy to fortify her barriers.

As she did so, she began to feel Sio's presence probing at her mind testing the barriers. it felt... strange, and part of her mind recoiled from remembered pain from Draco's attack. Gritting her teeth against that instinct, she pressed back against the mental pressure, working to make her thoughts more fluid as Arrbi had described. Like Sio, it wasn't a technique he could demonstrate, as he wasn't a Force user. But, it did seem to be working to a degree. Perhaps not as much as Anija might hope, but it was diverting Sio's attention as she tried to follow the tendrils of thought... which kept vanishing into the whirlpool.

[member="Anija Ordo"]

Siobhan was, to put it plainly, not much of a mentalist. Well, that has been said before, but it is worth repeating. There was a reason why she virtually never used mentalism, even simple mind tricks. As a matter of fact, it took a lot of concentration her to even focus on this task. It felt to her like it took far more effort and concentration for her to launch a mental attack than to lift a speeder with her mind or crush the legs of a walker. Then again, that might be just a feeling born out of unfamiliarity.

She felt the thoughts of Anija elude her as she utilised her disassembling techniques. Again and again they seemed to vanish into the whirlpool of thoughts. Someone with more finesse and experience than Siobhan would have probably tried something subtle. Such as use illusions of some sort. They would probably have had a way to capture thoughts. However, Siobhan did not have the finesse, experience or patience for that sort of thing. Having surfed through the memories of two mentalists did not equate to being able to apply all their knowledge, or most of it.

Instead she opted for something simple that was frankly derived from the way she used telekinesis. She took a breath as she gathered her power, then there were ripples in the Force when she unleashed a mental tidal wave directed against Anija's mind. It would not be able to capture individual thoughts or memories, but it was not designed to. Rather it was supposed to smash through her mental barrier and throw the whirlpool into chaos. It was a straightforward battering ramming approach. After all, the tendrils of thought were very fluid, so they should be sent splashing and thrown into turmoil, much like the water of an actual whirlpool would be if you tossed a heavy object in it. If successful it would probably cause pain and a good deal of confusion, though it could not break Anija's mind or anything like that.

"Lean into the weapon when you fire," Betna called over the comms as he watched his HUD as shadows danced and shifted around them. "It'll rock you back, but use controlled bursts and you'll be fine."

One of the shadows darted towards him, materializing into one of the bats inhabiting the cave. The ugly face of the thing screeched and called in horrid ways while great wings threatened to envelope him. The immense boom of the shotgun in his hands put paid to the bat's intentions, sending it backwards in midair in a spray of gore and blood. Betna worked the shotgun's slide before the noise of the shot finished, only to twitch the barrel over to a new target. The pattern repeated again and again as bat after bat emerged from the darkness only to find death from the weapon in Arrbi's hands.

"They're backing off a moment," Betna said, not sure how his companion was faring outside of still firing from the sounds of it. "Reload while you can, they'll surge back soon."

He followed action to order and pulled a handful of shotgun shells from a pouch on his harness before shoving them, one by one, into the shotgun he held.

[member="Andrea Kryze"]

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Anija frowned slightly as she worked to maintain the dissembling. It wasn't easy to do, and this was her first true test of using it. It appeared to be working for the moment, thought it was tiring. Here and there, she could feel Sio poking and prodding at her mind with the Force as she tried to grab a thought here and there. Her frown deepened for a moment.

If one looked closely, they would see sweat gathering on her forehead. This one task was taking all of her concentration at the moment, and most of her strength. She'd need to rest after. taking a deep breath, Anija renewed her focus on the dissembling. But as she did, she felt Sio gathering power for a new attack. It wasn't so much in words, but mental impressions she was getting. An instant later, she rocked back in her seat as the tidal wave slammed into her full force. it wasn't physical, but even so it set her off-balance.

Her hands gripped the sides of the jump seat as she tried to repel the attack. But the brute force of it was too much for her defenses. Especially now, as fragile as they were. The tidal wave smashed through her mental barriers as if they were noting more than tissue paper. Her fingers tightened reflexively on the sides of the jump seat, causing the metal to creak softly in protest. In her mind, the whirlpool of thought was suddenly disrupted - as if someone had dropped a large rock into it. The mental ripples were strong enough that she squeezed her eyes shut and lifted her had to her head. She couldn't think. It was if it had scattered her thoughts.

[member="Anija Betna"]

Well, that had gone better than expected. Truth be told, Siobhan was a bit surprised about the effect she was having. Of course, Anija was not experienced at mental defence, but the same applied to Siobhan when it came to using these tricks offensively.

Sweat had gathered on her forehead and was dripping down her face. The strain and concentration was etched into her features, clearly it had taken a toll on her. However, she could still notice the effect her mental blast was having on Anija. She heard the metal creak when the Mandalorian's fingers tightened on the side of the jump seat, saw her close her eyes. The woman seemed out of it, as if her thoughts had been scattered, which of course meant that Siobhan could not capture any!

Either way, it was time to break off the exercise and so Siobhan took a deep, calmning breath as she withdrew from Anija's mind. The Countess felt a stab of concern for her friend. For one, she was new to this herself and thus could not be sure whether she had caused any damage. And so she arose from her seat and limped over to Anija, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Anija, you alright? I'm here. Come back to me," she spoke in what she thought was a soothing tone.

Faintly, Anija heard Sio's voice.. as if from a ways off. She frowned, and rubbed the heel of her hand against her forehead as she tried to gather her thoughts. She took a few deep breaths and forcibly unclenched her fingers from around the edges of the jump seat. Her fingers were stiff she'd been gripping so hard. "Sorry..." she whispered. "Maybe its a bit too soon to try something like that.." she said after a moment. Her left hand was pressed to her forehead. "Kriffing migraine.... but...I think I'll be ok. Not too sure at the moment.."

[member="Anija Betna"]

Siobhan gave the Mandalorian a nod and patted her on the shoulder, before refilling her glass of water. By chance she managed to find some aspirin, so Anija would have something against the headaches! "Nothing to apologise for, dear. Didn't think it would hit that hard, I haven't done this before. Here," she admitted while she passed the glass over. Then she poured her own glass because the painful throbbing in her skull seemed to herald a headache. She usually only got those after telekinetically smashing something particularly big.

"I think you're onto something with your disassembling technique. Keep that up. It's solid, but you need to work on your walls more to keep someone from battering ramming. What I did was crude, plenty of Sith ought there know the real deal and I don't want you to go through the hell people like that put me through," she said softly. She did not intend to be lecturing, but was speaking from personal experience. Of course, unfortunately there were limits to what she knew and could pass on.

Anija managed a light chuckle as she accepted the glass of water, and the aspirin. Where Sio had found the aspirin, Anija didn't know. She was just glad that there was some to be found. She sighed and took a moment to rub at her forehead with two fingers before she took a slow swallow of water and then downed the aspirin. "I didn't think it would hit that hard, either..." she admitted softly. "And... maybe it wasn't the best idea so soon after what happened.."

She smiled slightly at the compliment. "It's a technique Arrbi had started to teach me. it's one his clan has been using for generations to combat mind manipulation by Force Users." A sigh then. "Yeah I think if I work at building the walls a bit more, they'll become more solid. Between that, and the dissembling, I might just have a defense.." Anija caught a faint note of something in Sio's voice, and reached out to grip the other woman's hand for a moment. "If you want... I could try and teach you the dissembling technique."

[member="Anija Betna"]

"Maybe the timing wasn't the best idea, but look at it this way: Any bruise in training might mean one less limb lost in combat. At least you've got a better idea of what to deal with now," Siobhan said encouragingly. Sink or swim training had a certain appeal to her.

She took a sip from her glass of water, since she clearly needed it as well. "If you can show me how this disassembling technique works, that would be nice. I've got a habit of Sith trying to get into my head," she said, with a somewhat sarcastic edge to her voice. "So I'd appreciate it a lot. There's also some business matters I'd like to discuss with you. Concerning Firemane and the Mandalorians."

Nodding quietly, Anija drained the last of her glass and sighed. "I'm always looking for ways to be prepared. And this...." she gestured to her face, "is proof that I have some work to do in that area..." she said quietly. "And with everything lately, and what I dealt with in the past.... I want to learn everything I can."

Smiling slightly, she nodded and continued to grip Sio's hand. "I can certainly do my best to teach it to you. It takes time to learn and master the technique but it is useful in situations like what we've both had to deal with." She perked up slightly at the mention of Firemane and business concerns. "What did you have in mind?"

[member="Anija Betna"]

Siobhan gave Anija a nod. "I'd like a deeper business relationship with the Mandalorian Clans and the Protectors. I know you can't speak for all the Clans and that you run things differently from the Republic, which is good because their politics gives me a headache," she said, sipping her glass until it was empty.

Her one and only chat with the Republic's PM had annoyed her a lot since the woman had been infuriatingly vague all the time. Their Senate debates had a certain comedic value though. "I'm not looking for beskar mining rights because I know how protective you are of that, but expansion into Mandalorian space. We already have a mining facility on Gallos, Gromas and Aeten interests me as well. I'd like a longer term contract with your people. I recall that not so long ago Firemane supplied planetary defence cannons to help the Protectors fortify Mandalore, we can build up on that. I sell you our toys for as long as you want at discount price. I can afford twenty percent off market value and still keep the factories running. Official government sponsorship, if you will. This would not only apply to Firemane, but also our subsidiary ARGH. I'd also be open to developing weapons exclusively for the Mandalorians, or giving them preferential access to them."

Andrea Kryze

Innocence and Killer Instinct
[member="Arrbi Betna"]

Kryze did as she was told, taking the suggested rifle position and firing. She was still shaken a bit by the weapon's kickback, but the combinations of her wires and the stance allowed her to even stand while firing. The yellow laser bolts were like fireworks against the disgusting creature's bodies. They didn't quite fall like rain, but they fared well enough to push them back. When they left, Betna suggested she reload.

In the darkness of the caves, Kryze did just that. She was in luck that the bats subdued when they did, she was almost out! She changed the ammunition and checked over the gun to make sure it worked. Kryze was sweating, the excitement combined with the heavy suit causing her body to heat up rapidly. In a moment she had, she turned up the coolent system, then looked up at her leader, "What now si- Benta? D-do we wait for them?" she was attempting to cover her slip up with the name again. Although, the question she asked was really reflected off her urge to keep moving. They were here for a reason, and Kryze did not like those bats.

Daedel

D
The ship sat down and the rancor carried the girl out onto the surface of the alien world. Her eyes like drops of dark caff in pools of cream gazed at the Mandalorians and the wook they had done. She would help as she was instructed but she did feel the desire to take one for herself.

"Good help is so hard to find." She told the rancor as she scratched his head, "let us search for points of power and be gone from this place."

The rancor nodded and grunted a response before carrying her in the direction of her assigned patrol area. Iron skins could not be trusted for woman's work.

She frowned slightly and sipped at her water. "I well, I am a Field Marshal. I could set up a contract between Firemane and in the name of the United Mandalorian Clans. I've done so before.." she said softly. "And, I'm not much a fan of how the republic does things. either. Their "Alliance" with us benefited them more than us... and while they had the gall to court-martial any of their people who came to help us because of the treaty, they still claim said treaty is still active, even though it was never signed." Shaking her head slightly, she looked around at Sio. "As far as the Protectors themselves, I see absolutely zero issue there. As you said, you've sold to us before. And with Primeval cutting into our territory with the Muunilinst Skirmish and now their victory at Wayland, we need to get serious about fortifying our borders." Honestly, the offer had her intrigued. She well remembered the Bolters that had been traded to Ordo Clan all those years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom