Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tower of Woe [Dungeon Thread (Discussion Thread]

So, I have been in a High Fantasy of a mood of late for various reasons and have been doing some creative writing on the side for a while. One of which is lore building and the like - a habit of mine.

I thought it would be fun to run a Dungeon Thread here (In the Water Cooler, Posting Games section obviously NOT in anything in the SWRP universe), seeing I really enjoy the community of players here at SWRP Chaos. What is a Dungeon Thread you ask? A Dungeon Thread is a singular thread that covers a single long dungeon campaign GM'd by a narrator who reacts to the actions of the PCs. Its a pretty easy "pick up and put down" system. So you can reply when you can and not have to commit to a schedule. [Although it would be cool to do as a sort of monthly event were people who are interested in the story can read up on the progress of the Heroes of the Dungeon].

So below is ta preview of the story and how to join. The max I can handle is 4 Players.
de67d6e730e2147a5a92bcaffa11569a.jpg
TOWER OF WOE
STORY
Everyone has heard the tale. Or some part of it.
But, you, traveller, you have seen it. Haven't you?
The Tower surrounded by fog atop a fortress the size of kingdoms.
What was it like? Did you feel it?
The terror of a void without comparison.
What will you bring back?
From the Tower of Woe.
Once you were someone. A Knight? A Peasant? A Kin from a dying Race? Whatever it was, an event of sorrow has rendered your life a torment. So you seek to sleep. Sleep eternally. But, alas your slumber is ended by a cataclysm and you fall beneath the world you abandoned and awake in a sunken cathedral. In this new place, perhaps you could find peace. But, peace for whom?
CHARACTER CREATION
Character creation for this Dungeon thread is very similar to SWRP Chaos if not even more streamlined. The game is heavily narrative based so there are no states, just concepts that guide how your character RPs.​
Template
Appearance: [Link to what your character looks like]
Name: [Pretty straight forward]
Race: [Up to you, lore wise do whatever you want - their name, culture, appearance]
High Concept: [The a sentence that describes your characters main concept/theme, this will be your character's guiding principle. So for example: Noble Knight who failed a quest, can be a High Concept]
Tragedy: [Every being that falls into the realm of the Tower of Woe has experienced a tragedy that has caused them to seek the Eternal Slumber, describe (in the same fashion as the High Concept) what this Tragedy is - this tragedy should effect how you RP your character.]
Skills: [Pick 3 Skills and label them either "Great", "Good" or "Average"]
Background: [A short description of your character's past before they fell into the realm of the Tower of Woe]

1.[member="Alec Rekali"]​
2.[member="Seydon of Arda"]​
3. [member="Vax'ildan"]​
4. [member="Fabula Caromed"]​

Vax'ildan

Dagger, Dagger, Dagger.
Appearance: http://img11.deviantart.net/5964/i/2016/055/f/8/critical_role___vax_ildan_by_calindor142-d9t0se1.jpg
Name: Vax'ildan
Race: Elf (That ok?)
High Concept: Rogue, Thief who's lover has been killed, along with his friends. He is now alone..
Tragedy: Vax'ildan has been left alone in life. His lover, twin sister, and best friends in the whole world have all been killed. He's just alone now and through a lifetime of fighting, just wants to rest now..
Skills:
  • Sleight of hand (Good)
  • Stealth (Great)
  • Acrobatics (Good)
Background: Vax'ildan traveled around the lands with his party, and party of adventures looking for fun and adventure. They slew dragons, demons, arrested corrupted politicians, and gained quite a name for their group. But, when a trap was set for them, Vax was the only one left. He wandered around, depressed and alone until he ventured into the realm of the Tower of Woe.

Appearance: LINK

Name: Arto Kool

Race: Human

High Concept: A poor knight lost to a forgotten war, wandering bloody mists until the Fates conclude his questing is finished.

Tragedy: Gone to war, Arto soldiered home when the battles finally played themselves out. Returning to a meagre estate, he discovered the grounds were ravaged by a punitive expedition mounted by the enemy. He never found his family.

Skills:

• Longsword W/ Shield: Great

• Skirmishing: Great

• Detection: Average

Background: Knight's can be equal in station but not always equal in luxury. Arto's family came from poor stock in spite of their land rights. To supplement income, Arto spent his formative years between tending the fields and weathering routine bruising's in the training circles. As a man, he took a peasant wife and looked forward to enjoying the fruits of his farm's labours. Obligated, he mustered out to tend to his Queen when a fresh war began. A long year passed before hostilities were brokered through treaty into peace, but too late. The enemy dared into his territories and found his home unguarded.

God, let me in on this. Calling dibs before I create a character.

-

Appearance: Boomshakalaka
Name: Keisha the Undying
Race: Cursed human
High Concept: Sole survivor of a warrior tribe from high in the mountains.
Tragedy: Dozens of Keisha's kin met their valiant end in battle against an encroaching kingdom. She didn't.
Skills:
  • Durability (Great)
  • Close Combat (Good)
  • Courage (Good)
Background: Just one of many warriors from her tribe, Keisha Marchbreaker joined her family, friends, and peers in their militant resistance of a kingdom that decided it wanted their land. While the rest of her tribe met their end in glorious battle, on the ends of spears or beneath a hail of arrows, when the snow and smoke cleared, Keisha found that she was still alive despite horrific injuries. For years, she tried to meet death with open arms, but no matter how she fought, her broken body seemed to survive every battle.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Appearance: Here
Name: Gizznak
Race: Goblin
High Concept: The most erudite scholar of goblinkind.
Tragedy: Gizznak's library fed the campfires of an uncaring army. Not a single volume survived, despite his best efforts.
Skills:
  • Safely navigating confined and poorly planned corridors (Great)
  • Stabbing things (Good)
  • Noticing things, especially stealable things (Good)
Background: Gizznak's name was known far and wide among goblins, once upon a time. He and his compatriots collected a marvelous underground library of goblin lore -- painstakingly hand-copied manuscripts on mushrooms, rust, and tunneling. This archive of purest goblinity fell prey to the base needs of passing humans. When Gizznak and his fellow scholars resisted, a slaughter ensued. Gizznak spent a good bit of time in a slave market before his escape. He has come to the dark tower in hopes of finding ancient lore, the seed of a new collection.

Gotta say I am blown away by these characters! I am so excited!~

I will be posting the Opening to the Tower of Woe Dungeon Thread sometime later this week. I will tag all of you. :)

[member="Pyro"]
I sure will! Thanks for your interest! I do hope you will be one of our readers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom