Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tourniquet

With arms wrapped around herself Anwen slowly walked the snow covered paths of the park, deep in thought. As of late she had been drifting further and further into the tides of the Force; she even forgot to eat some days. The Force was trying to tell her something, guide her in some way, but as of yet she couldn't grasp at the message it was trying to impart to her. Day after day she returned to this park, to a particular bench, and waited.

The Force whispered to her, guided her steps and convinced her to wait hours on end in the chill air for something. So as had become her routine Anwen slowly made her way to the bench that was beginning to feel more like home than her tiny apartment. Dusting the snow from the bench she took a seat and closed her eyes, losing herself in the flow of the Force as her pristine aura pulsed in time with her heart.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Snow. Feena liked snow. For living on such a mild, sandy planet, Feena had always had such a love for snow. She would spend days on Ilum when she was a Jedi. Oh, she truly missed those ice caverns. She missed exploring them...

Feena could never resist a good walk in the snow, whenever she happened to be on a world in the middle of it's winter. Her hotel room was oh so nice and warm, but the snow whipping passed her window was far too tempting. So much for taking it easy.
She wrapped herself up in a pretty white fur lined cloak (a gift from the CIS), drapped a lovely blue scarf over her head to protect her black curls and pulled on white gloves. She was going to enjoy this pretty winter while she could. Once the baby was born, she would be stuck at home on her windy little planet.

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

As she rode the tides of the Force she felt something approaching, someone important. Slowly she pulled herself from the Force, her eyes fluttering open as though she had been asleep. While she had been meditating the air seemed to have grown colder and a shiver raced up her spin. Trembling upon the bench she stood so as to get her blood flowing and began pacing, her vibrant eyes upon the path ahead. Someone was headed her way, someone that the Force had saw fit to bring to her attention. Was this why she had been waiting here?

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Cold. It had been so long since Feena felt cold. It was wonderful! Now, if Isley or Praxis were here, they would probably tell her she was crazy for thinking it was anything but terrible. Good thing she was alone. Nobody around to ruin her good mood.

Snow fell all around the park. A gentle coating was starting to collect on her shoulders and on her scarf. Nothing was prettier than fresh snow. Nothing. She cleared off a bench, sat down and cracked open a cheesy romance novel. Without Keter around, books were all she really had.

It was about the end of the first chapter that she had a feeling that something was... different about this place.
Well, that was not at all unusual. Force users were everywhere. Most people just did not pay enough attention to notice it. But this felt different than the others.

A little... too perfect.

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

She stood motionless for so long that a light coating of show had settled upon her shoulders, finally she moved forward and back the way she had come. The chill didn't bother her as it likely should have for her mind was to set upon the path the Force was leading her down. Her walk back through the park was leisurely and eventually she came to a stop a short distance from a woman seated upon a bench, reading.

Bright sapphire orbs studied the dark haired woman, Anwen's head falling to the side a bit in curiosity. The woman was clearly pregnant and a frown found its way to Anwen's lips, concern clearly in her gaze. She knew little of how a pregnancy worked aside from the basics, but was it really such a good idea for the woman to be out in the cold. Perplexed she approached the woman, her gaze curious and concerned all at once. As Anwen studied the woman further she took note of her powerful aura and her concern eased a bit; clearly this woman could take care of herself.

For the first time in her life Anwen felt a strange sensation wash over her and she blushed lightly, clearing her throat as she spoke, the softness of her own voice surprising her. "Hello..."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
So. This was the one Feena had sensed. The healer snapped her book shut and looked up at her, tilting her head to the side as her silver eyes studied the girl. This was the aura that screamed 'perfection' from such a distance? She looked like an ordinary girl.

"Curious," Feena answered in response to her awkward 'hello', "Nobody 'hello's' me unless they know who I am. Do you know who I am?"

The girl probably would. If she didn't recognize the face, she would probably recognize the name. Feena had recently discovered that she was 'famous', with something of a celebrity status. How strange that first autograph request had been....

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Anwen knew very little about popular media as she was still so new to the galaxy around her, plus she cared little for such things. If she couldn't learn something worthwhile from the media then Anwen seldom paid attention to the various broadcasts upon the holonet. Head tilted to the side she eyed the woman, a curious look upon her face.

"Should I?"

The woman's statement was as perplexing as her question. How would I know her? Brushing her bangs from her face she moved just a step closer. "I felt drawn here. I thought you were the reason."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
So! Someone who didn't recognize her. This was curious. Did she just not pay attention?

"I felt drawn here. I thought you were the reason."
"I've heard that one before," she answered with a laugh, storing her book under her cloak, "So! You want to learn healing from the best! I can assume that is why you've been 'drawn' to me."

She rose to her feet.

"Feena Mason, Master Healer. At your service."

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

"Healing?"

Her head fell to the side a bit as she studied the woman, a smile slowly finding its way to her lips. "Anwen Talith." She bowed her head in greeting, pleased that the Force had led her to this woman. Anwen had never thought to learn healing, but with her raw power within the Force it seemed only right. Feena's name sounded vaguely familiar, but Anwen couldn't place where she might have heard the name before and so she didn't dwell upon it.

Licking her lips she moved a bit closer to the woman, wondering exactly how she was to learn how to be a healer.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena tilted her head at the girl. Curious. She really didn't know her. Where was she from? Even the Republic knew of her. She still taught some of their healers from time to time.

"Anwen," Feena tested the name out on her tongue, "Yes. Healing. It is what I do. Do you need healing? Is that why you felt drawn to me?"

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

She looked down at herself for a moment and then met Feena's gaze once more, shaking her head. "No..." For a moment Anwen thought to tell the woman that she could not heal what had been done to her by her father, but thought better of it. This woman did not need to know what Moridin had done when he created her. Instead she only smiled and thought for a moment, her bright sapphire orbs glittering.

"Perhaps I am meant to learn from you..."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
"Hm. Perhaps. I've taught many the art of healing, little one."

And it was true. Feena had made many a young man or woman into a successful healer. Saved many lives in the process too, if she dared to take credit for that (which she did).

"Are you truly interested in healing then? If so, why?"

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

"Yes."

Anwen thought for a moment, her gaze becoming distant as her mind wandered. Silence hung between them for several minutes as she snow continued to fall until her eyes finally refocused and she met the woman's gaze again. "My father wrought much pain and destruction while he lived. My eldest brother follows in his footsteps. I am not like them, I never will be. I am meant to bring hope..." To her own ears her words sounded strange as she talked unlike any girl her age and she blushed, realizing that she had slipped up. She still had so much to learn.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
This girl was... odd. She sounded like, well, a younger Feena. Okay, perhaps not completely. This girl seemed too good. Feena had been... a good bit different.

"Oh, spare me," Feena almost groaned impatiently crossing her legs, "That's a horrible reason to want to learn healing! healing is something that is entirely selfless and you have to be exactly that to be a competent healer. But you, my dear? The reasoning you gave me is selfish. You want to do this for you, not for anyone else. You feel the need to do this to make up for something your family did. Why? Because it will make you feel better.
No. No. I need a better reason than that.
Tell me why you really want to learn."

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

She blinked, truly startled by Feena's reproach. If she were capable of feeling anger she likely would have become irate with the woman, but Feena only managed to make her pause. Frowning she wrapped her arms around herself as her mind wandered. Feena had insulted her, but Anwen could not really argue against her since she wanted to learn from the woman. After a moment she simply shrugged.

"I don't know...I waited in the park for days because I felt that I needed to; I was waiting for something important. Then I sensed you and I just knew...I was waiting for you all this time. I have never considered being a healer before now...because I did not realize it was something I could do."

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
"So you think fate led you here?"
Feena sighed, fingers playing with her book again.
"Well... I've heard worse reasons for wanting to become a healer. But let me warn you; If I train you, you will not fail. Do you understand? When lives are on the line, we do not get second chances."

She rose to her feet, pulled something out of her cloak and handed a small card to the girl.

"My address is on the card. In exactly one week from the time we met here today, you will meet me here. The planet is Imerria, known for windstorms. Be careful when you arrive. Landing during a windstorm can be tricky. Come prepared, and come ready to learn."

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

She took the card with a slight nod of her head, her eyes looking away from the woman for only a moment before meeting her gaze once more. Slipping the card into a pocket of her coat she smiled at Feena, before bowing her head in respect before leaving the woman to her book. "Then I'll see you in a week..." Wishing to not disturb Feena further she took her leave and started the long walk back to her modest apartment, her mind racing.

~ ~ ~

Time flew by for Anwen and before long she was upon a transport bound for Imerria. The flight was uneventful, save the rough landing, but thankfully the pilot of the her transport was very good at his job. The wind storm only tossed them about a bit before they finally landed. Once settled Anwen was able to depart the ship and immediately pulled the card Feena had given her from her pocket. With a single bag in hand she set about getting directions to the address upon the card, anxious to see Feena again.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
The poor girl had no idea what she was in for. The address she had given her, was not hard to find- it was the only structure for miles. And it was huge.
On the highest tower of the castle, Feena waited at the window. Hardly patient though. Standing quietly next to her, was a small girl with bouncing blonde curls. the little girl picked a the lace on her dress, trying to look busy. She knew that when her mother was waiting like this, it meant she was either waiting for her husband to return home, or she was waiting for a student. Either one, little Felicity knew better than to interrupt her. Best if she just wait and watch.

@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Getting to Feena's address wasn't hard, but Anwen hadn't expected to be directed to a castle. She was granted access to the castle by a servant, her bag taken from her by another servant while the one that brought her in from the weather led her to Feena. The walk to where Feena was felt as though it took ages, but Anwen said nothing in way of complaint. Instead she tried to make light conversation with the small woman leading her to her teacher, but the woman said little and eventually Anwen gave up.

When she thought they were walking half way round the world the woman finally delivered her outside a door, knocked on it a few times, then left Anwen where she stood.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom