Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tournament: Tyger Tyger vs. Morna Imura

Theed, Naboo
Edge of a Theed waterfall

"Business or pleasure?," inquired the friendly portmaster, way too nosy for his own good.

The question threw Milo for a loop -- How would he answer that question? What do you call it when a name, not your own, saw you automatically contractually obligated to fly halfway around the galaxy, to the height of civilization, to beat down a stranger for the entertainment of others?

Business for himself, perhaps? Pleasure for the home audience? Business for the tournament organizers? Pleasure for the sociopathic?

"Yeah. That," Milo chose to respond.

And now he was at the edge of a waterfall, nature structured into the metropolis of Theed by way of a green-minded urban planner, staring across its mirror-like stream at his opponent.

@[member="Morna Imura"] appeared to be a teenager. That was the first thing he had noticed. He had painted himself up like a Sith, or a savage, or one of those delinquents he'd see sleeping in the gutters and subway stations of Nar Shaddaa, of Coruscant. The time to gussy up his hair and face had Morna already achieving leaps and bounds beyond the preparation for this fight that Milo had personally invested.

Holding his blaster rifle at the "low-ready," Milo took a few more seconds to soak in the surrounding city, mire in the hypocrisy of its hosting this brawl.

The announcer made their introductions, once more surprised by the titles ascribed to the name he'd accidentally inherited.

"Well -- I suppose we'd ought get to it, then."

Naboo, a place known for water and its beauty. It was also a place I would rather not be. I knew that Water was important for life, but I didnt want too much water. As per say, I was made of flames. I stood on the other side of the waterfall waiting for the man that I was supposed to fight. From first sight I could tell the man was possibly a soldier or a very disciplined man. He wore clothes that would be considered high class, But for me, I wore what I was known for. Leather. Over the top of my Sentinel robes I wore a simple leather jacket. But in my left hand, hung a mask that could cover my entire face. Today, instead of being plain and barren of detail, it was covered in a paint that looked like a skull.

I smiled as the man spoke. "Then let us begin." I pulled up my mask and placed it upon my face. I drew my blade that rested on my back, The black sword seemed to ring as it left the sheath. Swinging it around experimentally I smiled. "Lets get this show on the road." I took a step into the water towards the man, and continued to walk towards him. There was no reason to show off my powers, let alone expose them as I wanted to save that for later. That was, if there was a later.
@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Milo didn't wait for the boy to stop speaking; the first sign of advance (the drawing of his sword) pushing Milo into combat. He lifted his blaster rifle, setting the barrel across his forearm to better steady his shot, and pulled the trigger at the Fire Exile -- aiming low initially, then drawing his fire up. As @[member="Morna Imura"] moved closer, Milo would step back, having no intention of letting the Spellweaver close the distance.

I smiled as the shots came my way. I stopped and took the standard Shii-Cho stance easily blocking the shots that ranged from my knees to my head. Since the man wanted to play a ranged game, my sword and lightsaber wouldn't be very effective. I sidesteped as I grabbed my bow that was strung on my back. Puling an arrow from my quiver I aimed it at the man. In the Lords of the Fringe. I was the only person to have a bow. yet, I could make shots that would out compete the best riflemen. I used all of my muscles in my back, arms, and chest to pull back on the durasteel fiber cord that would launch the arrow at the man. "Be careful for what you wish for." I spoke.

The arrow sang as I released it. Flying in the air it seemed to whistle like a small bird. Only, before it had reached the other end of the river, I had already drawn, knocked, and aimed my next shot. I fired again, this time using the force upon the arrow to fly true and straight, rather than a simple shot.

@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Milo didn't exactly stop shooting as @[member="Morna Imura"] went for his bow, exploiting the the critical drop in defense as the teenager 1) holstered his sword, then 2) scrambled to draw, arm, and aim a two-handed weapon that required all of Morna's strength just to ready. It was a wonder how he would garner a stable aim the first time, never mind the succession to follow.

Dollars to donuts, the kid was already full of holes from Milo's blaster fire.

Milo turned suddenly, throwing his guard open to narrowly dodge the first shot. His right hand deposited the E-11 back into the clip at his waist as his left hand snatched the scattergun at his thigh. Rebounding his right side forward again, he charged upon the archer, leveling his right shoulder into the Force-projected oncoming arrow, groaning as the arrow pierced his jacket and buried itself into his flesh.

It hit him like a ton of bricks, lifting Milo off his feet and onto his back. However, he kept his left arm raised, cautious not to get it wet, and fired it upon Morna, the scatterslugs likely taking advantage of the low defense of the bowman, and spread out to catch him in the case of evasion. All the while, the current threatening to take him.

Shots came to strike me hitting my chest. I stood there like a complete fool. I was hit a few times in the chest and once on the head. Each one left marks on the armor. I knew that I would at least have bruises leaving here. I turned back to face the man after being whipped around from the shots, only to see my second arrow hit him in the shoulder. At least I got a mark on him. I smiled, but only for a second. The man rose slightly to reveal a scattershot. Even with my armor, and my weapons, I would not be able to block them. As the man fired I used the force to grab branches from the ground and from the water at our feet to create a wood shield. Right after that I created a force barrier of my own, as I didnt trust wood to stop all the projectiles.

I was not fast enough, as two of them passed my wood shield and before I could set up my barrier, they hit my upper arm and made a slight dent in my armor. The one in my arm burned like hell's flames. I turned to face him as I crouched to make myself a smaller target. I was thinking way to highly of myself right now. Gods I just wanted to start out smart for one battle for once. I cursed myself for how stupid I was. I tossed my bow behind me with the shield still up, just incase the man wanted to fire more shots at me. It landed on the end of the river that I started in, As it seemed that the man wanted to be in closer fighting, I grabbed my sword once again, only this time I also grabbed my dagger from my boot.

The Dagger was made of Alchemy just like my sword, However, it was dipped in a deadly poison plant from Kro Var that could kill a man slowly and painfully. I dropped the shields and charged the man. I seemed to be alittle slow in water, but I made myself faster, by clearing the water that was directly in front of me with the force. I intended this to be a hand to hand fight.
@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

The kid was doing a lot of things at once, that was for certain. Tree branches and Force Shields, all within the span of a trigger-pull and its resulting gunshot. Milo didn't have time to watch the twigs splinter and fall away, or see the shotgun fire test the Spellweaver's barrier, choosing instead to get back to the water's edge lest he be swept up in the current and hurled over the cliff. It had cost him a moment of opportunity -- @[member="Morna Imura"]'s tossing of his bow, his drawing of his sword, his ducking down into the water to fish out a knife from his boot -- all begging for an execution.

But, if nothing else, at least the legend of Tyger Tyger would not conclude with him crashing down upon jagged rocks in some Republic embarrassment like Theed.

All of a sudden, the Fire Exile was advancing, encroaching upon Milo without the impediment of the water's resistance. To be completely honest, Milo panicked, firing at the kid's legs as soon as they were viable. The scattergun's blowback shifted his aim a little higher, and Milo pumped the weapon in confirmation before firing another shotgun blast at Morna's upper torso, the scatterslugs at this range liable to tear him to pieces -- and at their very least tempting his alchemist-weave light armor, likely casting him backward into the air...

...along the edge of a waterfall.

I ran at the man, Casting my feet to push me closer and closer to striking, and within the mans range of fire. He aimed the gun at my feet. I couldnt block them so I jumped over to the right causing myself to get closer to the waterfall. Only then was when I heard a "CHUCK, CHUCK" of the pump action working. I looked to the man as he fired once again. Time seemed to slow as the man fired at me. If I was hit just the right way, I would be shredded. I looked to my side with only mine eyes, Trees, Left, more trees. Straight, The man. My eyes went wide as I sent my let hand out.

Using the force I thrust my chain out at the man to lash onto him. Hoping to get a grip on him. and All I could do was lean back. I didn't want to be shot from the rifle, but I also didn't want the man to go free and unwrap my chain while I may be dangling from a tree. My only thoughtful option in this, was to grab on to him. if he were pulled down and were to hang on for his dear life. He may not try to untangle the chain from his body trying to keep himself alive, because if he were to slip trying that, Both of us would fall off......
@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Milo barely had time to register what had occurred next. The Fire Exile had not only managed to leap over a spray of scattershot, but then magnificently change directions mid-flight to dodge another round, illustrating the kid pulled inspiration not only from Ghost Rider, but apparently Spider-Man. Milo utilized the pump-action on his weapon and muttered, exasperated, "This is getting -- RAAAARGH!"

It was as if his opponent was made of hands, now launching a chain from his wrist to latch onto Milo's wounded arm. Milo roared, the initial tension ripping him up from the ground and causing the arrowhead to further tear the wound in which it rested.

It was a perilous position @[member="Morna Imura"] had found himself, teetering at the edge of a waterfall. The Phoenix Sword was likely already amplifying the heck out of the Self-Doubt and feelings of Mental Inferiority from earlier -- Now it was probably broadcasting Acrophobia.

Almost reflexively, Milo's left arm moved to press the scattergun barrel into the now-taut chain. He pulled the trigger, and upon blowing apart the kid's tether to him, presumably launched Morna down into the abyss.

"...stupid."

I was close to falling. Hanging on by the chain that wrapped around the man's wounded arm. He screamed out in the pain mid sentence from the chain. Only then did I realize that the Chain was not protected by anything. Including a scaterblaster. The sound of the blast seemed to echo in my perfect ears. I watched as the pellets broke through the chain like a hot knife in butter. I thought that I could possibly throw the chain again, but that would be no good. He would only shoot it again. I tried to grab onto the ground with my feet, but the pushing of the water was causing me to fall. I looked at the man trying to stay up on the edge of the fall. I only nodded and let myself fall.

@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

The kid's little nod nearly caused Milo to burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of the whole scene. As if @[member="Morna Imura"] was the only one in the world who'd seen a movie before! However, the privateer was much too serious for all that.

Wincing, he drew his E-11 blaster rifle from its clip and 1, 2, 3, lifted it onto the fore of his shotgun arm, using it once more to guide his aim, to support the gun's weight, as if he were wielding a crossbow. Like he were some sort of pistol duelist.

Slowly, he inched his way toward the cliff, staying far enough back that he couldn't get Darth Mauled, or lasso'd, or otherwise victimized by whatever "surprise" lay beyond. His rifle ready, he waited for the Super-Flying-Ultimate Form that was no doubt imminent.

And in that calm before the storm, he reminded himself how to breathe.

My arms hurt like hell. And I was wet. Drenched in water making me gain a good 10 Kgs. I raced my face above the roaring water, but only barely. I saw the man as he tried to look over to see if I was still there. I pulled myself underwater and made a bubble of air around my head. my hands were burning as they gripped for dear life in the rock. Even worse my wounded arm felt as though it were being slowly eaten away by a poison. The water that fell upon me was so powerful it caused me to loose my grip twice.

However, each time I bairly hung on. I used my chain and wrapped it around the dagger that was stuck in the side of the cliff. Then I let go. Only to sink alittle by. I replaced my sword on my back and pulled out my second dagger. Slamming it into the rock like its sister knife. From there I climbed. Slamming the pointy end into the rock to climb up to where I could actually see. He would be near the top and as soon as my head passed over the edge he just might shoot me. I had to get around another way. I could not stand toe to toe with him against a scattershot.

I cawled over to the right by slamming my daggers past eachother. reachig the end of the waterfall I began to climb once more. looking out I didnt see anybody in that one second then valuted myself over. There was no way that I was going to let this man just walk away after sending me over the wrong end of a waterfall.
@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Spider-Man, indeed. Milo would've been baffled as the kid vaulted up, all his weapons in-tact, if he would have stuck around to watch it. Instead, he had hidden himself amidst the trees and architecture, preparing to snipe @[member="Morna Imura"] when he inevitably reappeared.

Not even a scratch on 'em. Surprise, surprise. In truth, it really wasn't.

When the Fire Exile got back to the top, he'd find that Milo was nowhere to be found. His perfect ears, however, may have had the opportunity to pick up on a blaster rifle shot shortly after the laser blast would've had time to rock his helmet/mask.

My hood was slick with water making all of my clothes very heavy. Coming up I knelt down trying to breath normally The climb was tiring and caused my arm to flare up even more. I looked to it, only to have my head bashed backwards. I fell over and my mask was blasted off of my head. Instantly I rushed over to a tree as cover. The tree covered most of my back as I held up against it. This was ridiculous. Taking a cheap shot when I was getting back up. I put the daggers away as I spoke. "Very cheap of you my friend. First to send me off the cliff, and then to shoot me when I get up."

I pulled out my Magma saber. Looking over to the right I searched for my mask only to find the straps laying on the ground. it must have broken off and landed somewhere else. Looks like I would have to go and search for the armor later. Looking over I tried to find him. but to no avail. Might as well get started now. I pulled my hair back running a hand through my dirty blonde hair. Then popped out of the cover of the tree and out into the possible vision of the man. My saber ignited into a red and orange saber. Sparks flew from the blade and molten lava dripped as the saber was pointed downwards.

I waited for the man to fire. From there I would tell where he came from. Then the fight would begin once more.
@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Truth be told, Milo even took a second shot when the kid was "getting back up," exploiting the opportunity brought on by @[member="Morna Imura"]'s tumbling over. He didn't really expect much to result of it, however.

With a sigh, he kept moving, shifting his location as the Fire Exile scrambled to cover. Tyger Tyger hadn't really believed himself so good at this (or really, hadn't expected the kid to be so bad), and found a renewed sense of self-confidence when going up against these overpowered Jedi-types with profiles covered in links to other profiles for their equipment. That said, he was very, very, so incredibly bored, like this were the easiest, longest, most tedious bossfight in the world...and he had to just maintain the same three actions over and over until his opponent's impossibly long healthbar was depleted. The pain in his shoulder echoed faintly like some ceiling fan cycling in the background, and for a moment, Milo considered quitting. If it hadn't been for the Imperial military and the words "Service. Fealty. Fidelity" oddly placing themselves at the forefront of his conscious, he just may have. However, he was disciplined -- he would embrace the suck.

"Very cheap of you my friend. First to send me off the cliff, and then to shoot me when I get up."

Besides, Morna's blubbering presented its own reward.

Milo grinned despite himself, but said nothing -- remaining hidden just behind a nearby tree, off to Morna's left. The kid now brandished a magmasaber -- part of his strategy to "randomly apply tools to the situation until something finally worked," no doubt. The physics were initially confusing, leaving Milo wondering how the battery sustained the lightsaber blade as well as the additional "matter creation" component, and initially consigned it to just being a special effect. That was, until, he noticed just how the magma killed all the grass in a surrounding radius when it oozed onto the ground.

Dangerous? Sure, but Milo had to shake his head -- All a weapon like that did against a hunter was leave a trail for said hunter to follow.

Such a spaz.

Milo also noted how the magma seemed ineffective to the lightsaber hilt, the kid's clothes, and the kid himself.

As the kid looked right to search for his fallen mask, Milo quickly took cover behind the tree directly before his opponent. Flung lava seared into Milo's bark cover as Morna became alerted to his presence.

Milo popped right back out, firing the E-11's rapidfire function, sending a hail of blaster bolts (at odd, inaccurate trajectories, mind you) in the kid's direction, then punctuating with the grenade launcher portion, aimed as much as Morna as it was the tree behind him -- the inbound explosion to laden Morna with wooden shrapnel should it fail to blow him to bits.

Tyger Tyger immediately rolled back behind his tree to regain cover, preparing to move right.

The man came out with blaster fire. as much as the rapid fire could come up with, I tried to block off of them or simply moved out if its trajectory. I mean could this guy try any better than that? pew pew pew shots came from the barrel of his gun. Some were redirected by my saber to slam into the ground or were hitting the trees around me. I could hear a Phomb as something else was fired. I didnt know what it was, and I was not fast enough to use the force against it.

it launched at me and hit me square in the chest with an explosion. However I would not be affected by it. heat and flames could not harm me. That was the good part of being a Fire shaper. However, the blast threw me back slamming into a tree. I screamed as there were a few snaps from my back and side. A few broken ribs.I groaned looking up. The man had gotten back into cover. I slid over to a tree and checked my ribs. One was out of place. I clenched my teeth for a second and pushed in. I heard another snap, followed by my yell.

I had to set the bone back in place, or it wouldnt heal right. Standing up I felt some relief taking a peep over to where the man may be. Goddamit only If I still have my bow. Though he was injured on his left arm. Just the saber would have to do. Wrapping my left arm around my ribs I stepped out again.
@[member="Tyger Tyger"]

Milo continued his twirl right, spinning out of cover to find his opponent doctoring up his injuries. Being on the weaker end of the power spectrum, these opportunities were Tyger Tyger's bread and butter.

He recycled his prior tactic, only this time, he barraged Morna with the more accurate, Standard-fire function...before, once again, launching a grenade -- the last on his person. Milo continued his strafing to take cover behind the tree where @[member="Morna Imura"] cursed his honor upon losing his mask to a "sniper shot." Affixing his blaster rifle to his side clip, he once more drew his scattergun from its thigh holster, and quietly, slowly drew away from the tree, moving in the direction opposite Morna, trying not to lose the illusion of his still being behind the arbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom