Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tournament Time!

klJ3A.jpg

Now that I've got your attention :)

The Silver Jedi Order cordially invites all the Padawans, the Apprentices and Low-level Knights out there to a tournament to held on Kashyyk. Bring your best game, bring your masters and friends and let's have some fun.

Right now we seem to be in the middle of tournament season on Chaos and for the past few months the Order of Silver Jedi have been talking about holding a tournament for our Padawans and we want to invite the writers of any other low-level force users to come and join us on Kashyyk and join in the fun.

This is an idea I want to aim directly at the Padawans and the recently promoted knights, the characters that are still developing but rarely have a chance to stand out and shine in a Dominion or Skirmish. You can tell great stories, but often the power of a Master or a High-level knight can be more flashy so I want to give the Padawans, the Apprentices out there a chance to shine and have moments of awesome by themselves.

"Who can Join?"

Well, the answer to this is anyone that makes sense. If you have a Low-level force user out there then they're more than welcome to join. Because this is a tournament hosted by the Silver Jedi it's really aimed at the LS and Neutral Factions and their force users as well as any unaffiliated LS or Neutral Force Users. It's a big galaxy out there and we rarely get to meet people not in our faction so this is a great chance to make some new friends.

The only exception to this is a super powerful Force User, this is meant to be for lower levels and it's no fun to have to fight someone so far above you that there's not even a chance for you to win. This is mainly an honour system, everyone knows how powerful their characters are so if you feel you might be too powerful then reach out to me to ask. If you know you are then don't worry. If this goes well, and if there is sufficient interest I'd love to set up a tournament for more capable force users at another time.

"So, that all sounds great, but what's involved?"

It's quite simple really, I'm aiming for a knockout style tournament. Each round will take 10 days, so write as you want in that time. I know that 10 days seems like an arbitrary timeframe but I want to keep things moving and it can be tough to maintain interest in something that drags. Most of the duels should be done by then, and if it's not then we'll go to the judges.

"Wait,judges?"

Yeah, I'm stealing from the site's system here (Sorry Val and the rest of the staff) but we're going to have judges as a way to keep things rolling. I've checked with several of the Major factions and the judges will be either the FO or their chosen representatives from the following factions:

• CIS
  • CSA
  • GA
  • RR
  • SJO

In the event of a decision going to the judges, they'll approach the writers and ask them for their thoughts on who won and then read through the thread and come to a consensus on they feel won the thread.

"Can I bring the salt?"

Sure, I needed some for my chips. But seriously, this is meant to be a fun and enjoyable experience so please let's not bring any kind of salt or drama. If at any time there is a problem please feel free to contact me and I'll try to sort it out. If you feel the problem is with me please feel free to go to my bosses or your faction staff but the last thing I want is for people to not have fun.

"So I have this super awesome armour, can I bring it?"

Well....no. This is more of a series of exhibition matches rather than a gladiatorial fight to the death. Everyone coming in should materially be on the same playing ground, that is to say you get plain robes/clothes and a lightsaber. If you have a submitted lightsaber feel free to use it, even if it has a fancy function :) If you use another weapon just mention it and we'll see if it's balanced enough then sure feel free to bring it. If you don't have a lightsaber or your weapon is so powerful it wouldn't be fair to use it then we have a lot of training sabers that you're welcome to use.

"The logistics"

Anyone who signs up is going to go into a randomizer and I'll draw the initial fights like that. All fights will be included in an excel spreadsheet which I'll be linking to this thread. I'll include links to the threads (so when you start just hit me up with it) this way people can more easily keep track of it.

In addition to the combat, there's going to be a Social thread if people wanna come and chat and use this as a chance to make friends, or Masters wanna brag about their Padawans or Apprentices. The actual fights can be held anywhere on Kashyyk, except you know super secret SJO locations, and can be in front of an audient or alone. NPC medics from the Silver Circle and a camera/judge will be present but you don't need to acknowledge them if you don't want to.

"So what's left...or right. Who're you?"

I'm nobody, just a nameless Padawan in the SJO. A few of you might have seen me around the site or discord but the truth is I'm just a writer who wants to try something new and fun. If you have any questions, thoughts or queries then feel free to hit me up on site or on discord and I'll be happy to answer them.

So, if you made it this far thank you for reading and I hope the idea sparks an interest and you sign up or come to watch. I hope everyone has fun with this idea.

Oh right, the last thing.

"What do I win?"

Aside from bragging rights and a lot of fun? Well if that's not enough for you then My Company, Locke and Key Mechanics will happily make up a custom submission for you in the factory if you desire, mostly I'm hoping that this is a fun tournament you can all use to show off your characters and who knows maybe get some progression and development out of.

Entrants

Asaraa Vaashe
Sky'ito Yumi
Tanaski Yumi
Boo Heavenshield
Ultimatum
Kaine Australis
Aya Clarke
Cawn
Charlie
Krass Wyms
Edric Vanyan
Toreka
Loreena Arenais
Shamira Karuto
Katya Shorn

And the social thread is up for anyone who wants to relax in the comfort of Silver Rest while they watch on the giant screens, just click here.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"]

I totally count as a low level force user, You should definitely let me in. Solan would definitely have a hard time winning.

(Add Edric Vanyan, he is my apprentice level in the RR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom