Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tournament - Cronos Aegir v.s. Daxton Bane

Qhorin Solas

Q
The false jedi afforded me no time to gather myself, and the nightdweller didn't help matters, continuously advancing to devour us both. I could feel the beginnings of fatigue seeping into my limbs, slowing my movements -- the attack patterns of his lightsabers shifted and I was caught unawares, wincing against the sharp flare of pain as a green blade cut into my shoulder. Another blade seared a line across my back and my face twisted into a pained grimace.

I seized that pain, used it as kindling for my rage, burying my fatigue beneath pure passion. My skills spiked accordingly, strength and speed further enhanced by funneling my baser emotions into the Force. The blades moved too quickly for my eyes to track, and my Force sense took precedence over visual cues. My spatial awareness expanded as my focus sharpened. This battle was consuming me, as the matter of the Atrisian agent had long since slipped my mind. In that moment, the universe might not have existed at all, save as a venue to house our fight.

Barely avoiding another swipe intended to cleave my head from my shoulders, I 'reached' out and pulled, my power bolstered by pain and desperation. Something heavy rocketed through the undergrowth, a literal missile of massive, shaggy-furred flesh. The three-horned bantha -- a straggler from the fleeing herd -- zoomed towards the false jedi as if blasted from a cannon.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]​

@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

The creature hurled toward the Sith Master, forcing him to divide his attention between his target and the fleshy missile heading his way, slowing down the rapid attacks of all three blades. Upon impact their was an audible whoomp as Daxton was sent flying through the air from the collision.

Even without looking Daxton knew he had broken three ribs and maybe his collarbone based on the radiating pain he could feel from his bruised body. But even as he struggled back up to his feet, he could feel the Orbalisks sinking into his flesh and dosing him with their lethal venom. The burning sensation mixed with the sharp gasp as the bones began to knit back together.

Summoning his blades, the three blades hovered in the air like angry wasps as the Sith decided now was a good time to make his escape. The agent probably had gotten on board the freighter and was now offworld, although for all the good that would do him.

Pulling a pair of grenades, he toss it to either side of his position, and activated the smoke charge hidden within his boots. A thick cloud obscured his position, as the grenades released their contents, Force breaker munitions, making it virtually impossible to track him. Naturally because he was using a sealed suit, the Sith could use it with impunity was there was no way he could be exposed to the gas......

"Seek me out when you get stronger pup perhaps then you might pose a challenge worthy of my time." Daxton's voice mocked the man as he disappeared from sight.

Qhorin Solas

Q
What... how? My desperate attack landed -- I saw the panicking bantha slam into him, heard his bones snap... still he climbed to his feet, and after several long moments, it seemed as if he might've not been injured at all. The nightdweller, distracted by a much larger snack than us, grabbed hold of the bantha between its massive jaws and settled down to eat. The sounds of ripping and tearing flesh made my stomach roil, and when the false jedi recalled his sabers, I released my tenuous hold on the Dark Side, heavy fatigue settling in my limbs. I wanted to fall to my knees, only keeping my feet through sheer willpower.

The false jedi tossed out a pair of grenades; as the smoke billowed over the forest, I felt my senses blocked. Was he going to finish me off? Hand shaking, I brandished my lightsaber, holding it defensively out in front of me.

"Seek me out when you get stronger pup perhaps then you might pose a challenge worthy of my time."​
Still arrogant, I thought to myself, slowly dropping my hand. But it wasn't truly arrogance, was it? No, he wasn't arrogant, I realized. He was confident. The arrogant could not back up their claims -- they believed themselves more powerful than they truly were. This man was everything he believed himself to be; he'd dictated the entire fight, pushing me to and beyond my limits. I let loose a pained sigh, wincing at the pain in my back, and looked up to the thick canopy blocking the light of Kashyyk's sun. It was a long climb to the surface.

I supposed I'd better get started.

END

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom