Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Torgost: The Ship's Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Torgost
Intent: To act as the brain behind his ship.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/87683-all-soul-no-body/
Manufacturer: Thresco
Model: Artificial Intelligence
Affiliation: Thresco
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Description: Named after his grandfather, one of the greatest hunters and warriors Clan Jorr had ever known, this artificial intelligence was made to inhabit Thresco's ship, the Jiriad Kadiilir. Created by combining the systems of a protocol droid, an old battle droid and an exploration droid, Torgost was made to serve as the soul of the Jiriad Kadiilir, which would in turn serve as its body. Having full access to all the ship's functions, it knows every known travel route, speaks various languages and possesses several starfighter combat tactics, allowing it to fight battles if Thresco himself would ever be incapable of doing so himself. Being quite the multi-tasker, it provides Thresco with discussion and banter so he feels less alone in the galaxy while flying the ship, scanning for potential threats and cleaning the restroom at the same time. Torgost was made several years ago and is still being worked on by both Thresco and itself as a means of constantly improving it and removing flaws.

Learned so far:
- Piloting [SIZE=10.5pt][ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]II [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]][/SIZE]
- Navigating [SIZE=10.5pt][ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]II [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]][/SIZE]
- Making Conversation [SIZE=10.5pt][ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]III[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]
- Targeting [SIZE=10.5pt][ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]II [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]][/SIZE]
- Reasoning [SIZE=10.5pt][[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]
- Adapting [SIZE=10.5pt][[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]

Languages:
- Galactic Standard [SIZE=10.5pt] [ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]III[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]
- Mando'a [SIZE=10.5pt][ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]II [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]][/SIZE]
- Pak Pak [SIZE=10.5pt][[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]
- Durese [SIZE=10.5pt][[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]
- Huttese [SIZE=10.5pt][[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Average [[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]I[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ] - Above Average [ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]II [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]] - Advanced [ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]III[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] ] - Master [ [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]IV ] [/SIZE]- Grand Master [V]

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="It's Dat Boi"], looks good.

Since it is an AI that isn't inhabiting a droid body, this falls under the AI in the Banned & Restricted Items list. From that notice:

Artificial Intelligence (Non-Droid) (( Objective: A thesis must be written, either in a blog or over the course of a role-play thread, consisting of the concepts of your Artificial Intelligence’s design. Scientific journal excerpts from your character’s time spent designing the Artificial Intelligence must be included. Minimum 1000 words total. ))
Once that's done, this will be ready to go.

[member="It's Dat Boi"], an entry typically talks about the character's design process or testing of the AI. For example, one of your entries might talk about how the protocol droid and piloting coding is interacting. Another entry might be your character's experience talking to it for the first time. It could also be more conceptual. As an example, here is a thread I did for my own AI.

[member="It's Dat Boi"], you've got the journal portion and the word count is solid for this development.

However, I think it needs this needs a thesis as per the restricted items list. This thesis could be some sort of conceptual overview of the AI's design or be something that you're character's trying to prove with artificial intelligence design. If you can edit that thesis in to the development thread and have the journal entries mesh with that thesis, you'll be solid.

[member="It's Dat Boi"], I'm going to move this to the Factory Archives temporarily just to keep the forum less cluttered while you work on development. Once the development is done, send a PM to one of the Factory Admins or RPJs to have it unarchived.

I should mention one other thing; development threads have to be 10 posts long in order to be counted for Factory or Codex use. Since your first post is so long, I might suggest spreading it out among several posts. The average development thread post should be several hundred words long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom