Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Topic Deletion/decomission

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I recently pinged up lagging submission and asked what the status of it was, and the submitter replied that he was waiting for the FJ to decide if he could use restricted materials from one sub into another by melting it down and repurposing it. Personally I have no issue with it provided you're not upping production or something similarly nebulous, but it does beg the question, what happened to the old armor? Sure it's approved, but it no longer exists. I was considering just unlocking the original thread, stating something like "due to the submission being repurposed into this submission(link) this submission is now retroactively denied, to represent it's lack of IC existence", or something along those lines.

While I was thinking about that however I thought about all the generations of ships we've had and how a ton of ships are sitting in the approved section that no longer serve a purpose. Some, like say the Solo Class or Chimaera, have been updated as time goes along, but others are effectively decommissioned IC, or even are in limbo due to belonging to a dead faction. What if we put a thread, like Submission Modification or Second Chance, that allowed faction leaders to decommission old tech, letting us clean up a bit? I know it'd be a bit of an increase in workload but the large majority of it would be in tech and starships, which have 4 and 3 judges respectively, and most of the work would be on the front end of it's release. Ultimately it'll help newbies looking for tech find more "modern" submissions and help clean things up a bit.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Valik"]

People are free to 'melt down' previous submissions, and FJ's should feel free to make a note to that effect in the old sub and archive it, if it was something unique that's flat-out gone now.

For the rest of it, we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom