Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tope it Out (Draco)

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
[member="Draco"] Vareen

The sights, the sounds were coming to her as Ayumi took the spectre speeder to the facility. There was a landing pad in the distance but the point of a semi secret facility was to be secret. The landing pad was for Draco and the upper levels of the facility for the meeting as she entered the jungle concealed facility and started going towards her office. A look while she touched the wooden desk and her chair. Ayumi was taking a moment as the safe in the corner held what she needed and below them in the facility were the small reactors they had been building to power the Honorable and Will. "When my guest arrives send him in." She knew Draco more by reputation then anything and she crossed her arms. The facility was working to connect to the lower level tunnels that honeycombed the world to give them more private access.

[member="Ayumi Pallopides"]

Shri-Tal had done significant research into Isotope-5 before my time, well before I had even started ArmaTech, but now, as things had changed, I had greater access to it, and larger resources to devote to developing a proper capital ship generator designed for minor production. Many things had changed in the short time ArmaTech had been on the Galactic Market. The Republic was undergoing a massive change, the One Sith were expanding north and west, and the Lords of the Fringe had died and passed only to memory. Sometimes things changed. In the galaxy you must either Adapt, or you Perish. This project was taken for the sole purpose of adapting to prevent perishing at the hands of our foes. That had begun even when I was a member of the Republic. Then it turned into an effort to impress a woman. Then a way to keep a promise I had made. And now it was about survival and profits. Money made the Galaxy turn after all. Those with it controlled a lot more than most people thought.

My shuttle landed and the eight bodyguards stood aboard, waiting for further instructions. And there they would remain, just in case, but probably unnecessary. As I had just come from combat, I wore my own armor. A secretary lead me into an office where a young woman awaited me. I was here to obtain her research notes, to build off what she had already, and then improve it and produce it on a grander scale.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Draco Vereen"]

As the doors opened the the woman led the man inside the first reaction was... damn. He was wearing armor and looked built for combat which in the end of it all was something she knew this was great for. Standing from the desk and offering a hand Ayumi was acutely aware of everything she could see and closed some of the maps while she spoke. "Mister Vereen thank you for coming." She offered a smile while she came around the desk and motioned that would be all with the doors closing. "As you can see we have something adaquate enough with our funding but not to your levels. I am hoping the research and notes will go into it. As also have some prototypes we were trying to get for armor if that can help."

I nodded and gently took her hand in my own, careful with her. "I can understand. It was not so long ago that ArmaTech was just starting out and desperately needed funding from our contractors." I was well aware how awful it could be to have some of the major governments sit down and actually work with the companies attempting to produce equipment for them. I had been forced to corner high ranking members before just to have a single contract signed and shipments allowed to begin transferring to their war effort. As much as I disliked it, war was inevitable. It was the one constant truth. There would be War. "Armor is one of our concerns, though Droids, vehicles, starfighters are the largest intended markets for our version of the generator. We recently increased production on several of our systems, including our Personal Molecular Shielding, which we feel would be of an even greater benefit to our forces when combined with smaller, personal generators." I withdrew a small holoprojector displaying a few intended projects for this generator. A set of bulky power armor, a massive hexapedal walker, a tank, and a decent sized gunship. "These are the first few projects, though we intend to make them available for larger ships as well, we realize it will be difficult to place on the largest ships due to the rarity of the material at play. We are very interested in your research. We have done some of our own, but more is always better."

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Draco Vereen"]

"Starfighters with them are fun, we helped develop the honorable which uses them. Then slapped a molecular shield and more guns on them, we even got one for a large capital ship but it is a single rector." She looked at the other holo's with a grin on her face though while going towards the safe and she knelt down. The biometrics on the lock reading her palm, then her retina before opening. Papers and some datapads while she picked out the important parts with one of the larger datapads. "The rest though we have managed to produce a small surplus and with the mandalorians we hired to protect the facility the rest of it is down in the storage area. We never really thought about droid." She rose up and turned holding the datapad while offering it. "A copy of our research and possible prospects. We have been looking for additional sources of illerium to stake a claim and harvest."

I reached out and received the documents and data she presented to me. It was good to have more to build upon. With this and the original reactors she was offering, plus the one acquired from the Red Ravens, then including the ones we had harvested from centuries ago. That with the research Miss Arceneau had provided. We were well on our way. The Supply of the substance would need to be regulated, and already ArmaTech had numerous mines on the planet and access to other resources a plenty. The only thing left to do was design the thing and hope for the best. Testing and designing the generators would mainly be an effort to increase and over buff the current reactors without making them so volatile, like the previous generation of Reactors. And since the Maladi and Wyyrlock had already been able to without the need to search for more powerful resources this was not beyond the realm of possibilities.

"We at ArmaTech would be glad to assist in future projects to repay Shri-Tal for its assistance, and of course we are willing to pay for your research notes." I glanced over the notes. "We intend to improve upon Ticon's generator by using plas-boned Ostrine coils to cool the generators and a more efficient coolant to keep them from being volatile. In addition we have discovered a way to make the generator's more efficient in their consumption of the substance. However despite that, I must ask, why do you need Illerium?"

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Ayumi looked at him like he was talking nonsense. "Because Illerium when irradiated becomes Isotope 5." She looked at the man now more curious as she was looking hm over. "When Illerium is exposed and made radioactive it changes to produce isotope five. This facility harvests it in a vaccum controlled section to prevent it from exploding when exposed to the air. It is dangerous but we have managed to find it and a good vain."

"Ah, you are attempting to produce Isotope-5. I have simply mined the crap out of Makeb. I have extensive mining operations set up on two continents there and a vast supply already at my disposal. I wouldn't be opposed to purchasing more from Shir-Tal, however, making my own sounds expensive and dangerous. If I could be shown the reward outweighs the risk, I would fund such a project, but until I can see numbers that prove such a thing, that may not be in my company's best interest." I glanced through the notes she had handed me again. "You will forgive me if physics isn't my strong suit. I excell in engineering, not discovering or understanding how the laws of existence work. You are looking at a grease monkey, not a scientist. Do you have risk management assessments of converting Illerium to Isotope-5 and its risk/reward documentation for me to look over?" I asked. She was either way smarter than me in everything, or she was specialized and I was talking a completely different language. Best to find out on the fly anyway.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Ah now she got it and looking at him. "Yes we are producing it over mining which in a strict term there is more illerium in the galaxy then Isotope five in your mines. Even the ship that brought you uses is for its ejection systems." She was satisfied though while motioning to the window and the floor where they were working on things. "Your company might not run out in your lifetime mining it, I admit I do not know how much is there on the world but we would be happy to sell some of the canisters we have stored up." Ayumi was smiling now. "ANd of course when the reactor is working be able to get one for our offices."

"Well, with what you have given me and the information I have obtained elsewhere from examining ancient reactors, the new ones that were produced a while back, and just general experimentation on the substance, generator prototypes and the like we should be well on our way to improving the designs and releasing the product to our allies. We intend to keep it heavily regulated." I actually had intended help the Red Ravens a lot, but with Chiasa's disappearance, and the Contract having been with her, mainly in an attempt to gain her attention, I had decided not to honor that agreement with her shifty replacement. Mainly because I suspected him of playing a part in her disappearance.

Ayumi Pallopides

[member="Draco Vereen"]

"That will do well enough if what I am working on right now bares fruit a strong reactor will be needed to test it." She thanked him and with the information he had been going around to gather she was certain of a few things. Namely that the reactors would work above anything and she was going to want to get one. The side project into the discovery on Kanna had them needing large sources of power and even the hypermatter only went so far from the proton 8's. "I hope you stay safe Draco, the good guys as it were need as many allies as they can get."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom