Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tools For Vengeance

[member="Keira Ticon"]

"Yes Sir, I love my mother and so do the other beta clones." Lusk said as he grabbed the pack against the wall.

"However my younger first wave brothers here don't know much about her, she spent time with us two thousand clones. Heck she even took us in groups at times as kids and took us to Relovian for this frozen cream substance. I can't quite recall the name but it was the happiest day of my life." Lusk said as he began to unroll the iso mat for Keira.

Once the green piece of rubbery foam was set up he took out the sleeping unit sack and placed it down on the mat. Once that was ready he took the camouflaged sleeping cover and folded it into a pillow for the commander. Once everything was set Lusk knelt down to make sure everything was uniform and perfect.

"We have a long flight ahead of us Sir, at least a day maybe a day and a half if we have to take a different route." Lusk said as he stood back up.

Popping back into attention the man saluted her and snapped back into parade rest in a very formal fashion.

"Requesting permission to attend to the men then retire for the evening." Lusk said asking his commander. If she wanted him to do anything he'd of course handle it even if it meant him staying up for the next two days.

The smile on her lips was far more subdued at his recollection of just what his childhood had been like. It was something Keira could only guess at, but she was thankful that Patricia had been there for them since the beginning. That they had that shred of normalcy to look back on when it came to wartime. It was the least anyone could ask for, and she knew that to these men and women it meant the world. What Lusk had to say only reaffirmed that for her. Every single one of them were family, and in that sense she felt like some sort of outsider looking in. But she would try to make the best of things. That was what she owed them, at the very least, and she would try to make good on it all.

It wasn't necessary that he lay everything out for her, as she was more than capable of taking care of herself, but she wouldn't object to this demonstration of kindness. Far be it from her place to do so. This was a give and take relationship between she and these men and women, and it would always continue to be just that. "I'm glad she did that for you. Maybe we can figure something like that out for everybody at some point." Of course, it wouldn't be a simple arrangement in the least, and she wasn't sure if it was feasible at this point, but she wanted to try and get to know the soldiers under her command. That by itself was nothing more than common courtesy.

"How long this takes isn't of any concern. It'll give us more time to get to know each other, at least." There again he went with the formality. It was a facet of his personality she was likely unable to alter, but she wanted the both of them to be at ease around each other regardless. "Permission granted. And, Lusk," A beat passed, her smile widening slightly, "You don't have to worry about being so stiff and formal all the time. Only when it's called for. I'm not concerned with running an extremely tight ship. You should be allowed to relax and be yourself at least every once in awhile." With a nod she sat cross-legged on the bedding mat, not quite ready to turn in just yet. A makeshift meditation would serve until then.

[member="Commander Lusk"]

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Lusk nodded at that and remained more stone faced beneath his helmet, he was a clone and one born to do a single purpose in life, fight. But he had men to lead and he understood that while he was in private with Keira he could be more relaxed about everything, but here around the men he had to remain professional at all or else it would make it look like he didn't respect Keira's command to the other men, and rumors spread fast in the military.

"Thank you sir." He said as he snapped back to attention and saluted Keira.

"Salute me back, the men need to see it." he said under his breath to the woman.

He was fairly sure when his mother picked out Keira as a leader she didn't know a lot of the custom common curtseys and procedures that went down in the military. Lusk would of course teach her everything he knew and help give her the advice she would need in order to make an informed decision where lives hung in the balance. So to start off saluting an younger officer when they were being dismissed was the first piece of advice Lusk would be giving her over the course of a very long war.

Military etiquette was a topic Keira knew she lacked a wealth of knowledge on despite having spent time in the past interacting with a number of soldiers that called the Republic home. Now she was back to doing much of the same again, the only difference being that this time she chanced to be in command of a millions strong clone army rather than the standard squad that was allotted to Jedi if needed in times of war. This new situation required a number of different procedures than those she had adjusted to, beginning with this. But she was ready and willing to learn, even if it would take time.

Pushing herself quickly to her feet she saluted smartly in return, this being the most professional her demeanor had been in a long time. What this signalled the beginning of she wasn't sure, but it was a new era to be certain.

[member="Commander Lusk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom