Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tomb of Tetsuba [Open]

I18Ymon.png
T O M B O F T E T S U B A
L O S T T R I B E
W I L D S P A C E
[youtube]
https://youtu.be/9Gj7Fq42AE0[/youtube]
5 years later, the Tribe has come together. Establishing the Tribunal, they are now governed from the hidden city, Karakoa Abbey. Still recovering from the First Great War, they are suddenly hit by a deadly virus, causing their numbers to dwindle further. As the Croa tell it, there was once an ancient Shaman, Tetsuba, who placed a curse on his burial site. If it were to ever be disturbed, a terrible affliction would be unleashed upon the natives, and they will know torment.
Few tribesmen have been miraculously unaffected by this disease, men and women from various clans haven't shown any symptoms of the sickness. The Tribunal calls on those from each Clan to set aside their differences and take to the tomb of Tetsuba and find evidence of whatever may be causing the sickness to spread and destroy it.
The survival of the Tribe depends on it...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC: Craft whatever story you want, nearly half of the ruins are largely unexplored. Artifacts, ancient secrets, and unseen terrors could still remain.)
[member="Charr"] | [member="Colossus"] | [member="Count Marlow Venjuta"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Paa'lee"] | [member="Perla Pirjo"] | [member="Verza Lor"]

ZjyS7aH.jpg

Poe

тнє ναмριяє ℓσя∂
OuLqHV6.jpg
toyHKDT.jpg
Sitting among the other clansmen, I listened as they debated whom to send to investigate these ruins. Debates grew heated, those sitting in silence roared to life, and small measure of peace was fracturing before my eyes. Sighing heavily, I rose to my feet saying, "These squabbles are getting us no closer to those ruins. No doubt the other clans have chosen their person, and might be halfway to the ruins. So I'm going." T could see my volunteering was going to be met with resistant, mainly because of all the clansmen gathered, I came and gone as I pleased. Before anyone could protest, I added, "Unless you can agree within the next thirty seconds to replace me, then this gathering is over."

Under the cover of night I began the trek to these ruins. I promised the clan that whatever I discovered would be used to benefit us as a collective, but I would keep something for myself. Moving through the jungle, I wondered what lid in those ruins. For the most part, they had remained untouched by the hands of time, but rumors were abound that it had been encased with traps, that it was haunted, and possibly some sort of energy surrounded them; dark or light it wasn't entirely clear. Regardless, ghost stories didn't bother me, nor did traps, but this energy could prose problems.

Colossus

C
Clan Ooroo

The bones on his armour rattled as they rubbed up against each other, softly tapping. Here Colossus was, going to meet with the other two clans and hopefully a couple from his own clan.

'The dead should not be disturbed...' Colossus thought to himself. He had always been taught the protection of clansmen whether related or not was essential.

Colossus crouched down and let his fingers run along the ground. Disturbing them is what caused this plague in the first place. The Kaleesh felt the dirt between his fingers before letting it fall.

"This is the place..." He said slowly.

Colossus picked up his Shoni Spear and held it tightly in his hand. If the only way to stop this disease and save the tribe was to go into such a sacred place then that was what he had to do.

He went ahead and waited outside of the ruins. It was still dark, he preferred the dark, it made it easier to track. He had heard there were traps and various dangers. The warrior would be ready.

He walked along the outskirts of the ruins, he wondered what the best points of entry were.

Colossus stood unmoving as if a statue observing... thinking. His stature that of a monster, yet he was not. His menacing mask clasped to his face as his eyes scanned the edge of the ruins.
[member="Verza Lor"], [member="HK-36"], [member="Paa'lee"], [member="Perla Pirjo"], [member="Verza Lor"], [member="Charr"], [member="Count Marlow Venjuta"], and [member="Nasho Vesh"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Colossus"], [member="Count Marlow Venjuta"], [member="Nasho Vesh"],

HK stood already on the edge of the ruins, atop a look out of crumbling stone and once proud architecture now turned into rubble and dust. How it stroked his ego to think that the remnants of building beneath him were designed, planned, and put together when he was already forged and venturing throughout their Galaxy, yet now he is still there, standing triumphantly on top of the crumbling walls and pillars.

What reason had the machine to come down from his orbital palaces and interstellar kingdom to forgotten tribal planets just to scour ruins? Well it was not to loot them or scour them for hidden artifacts and treasures. The droid was more concerned with the natives and their talents rather than past long by them forgotten. Among them there was a chance he could find another ally, or a Force user he could train and guide in the arts away from Sith teachings, or a possible servant to join him in the said spectacular orbital palaces and interstellar kingdoms. Plus the machine always found it fun to just mess with the natives, make them belief he is one of their gods incarnate, it played to his already overblown ego.

Either way, seeing someone exit through the canopy HK wrapped his black chameleon cloak in one smooth movement, activating its camouflage systems to disappear into thin air right away as Colossus entered the view. An interesting thing to find a Kaleesh on this seemingly primitive planet, HK had special penchant towards that particular species, his own body being forged in resemblance of their ceremonial armors and ancient war droids.

Rest assured, throughout Colossus' journey the hidden droid would be watching closely.

[member="Count Marlow Venjuta"] | [member="Colossus"] | [member="HK-36"]

"This is the place..."

She silently approached from behind, finding herself next to the Kaleesh as he declared that this was the location they'd been looking for. From the hills above she glanced over the edge, peering down length of the mountain and down into the grove that'd been carved way before they'd come.

She said nothing originally, having no thoughts she cared to spare. Curious enough, she kept contemplating just what made them immune to this virus...and how would they be able to end its cycle? Would destroying such a sacred place solve the issue or make it worse?

Her fellow clansmen moved to get to closer to the burial site, after a brief moment she soon followed suit.

Feeling the cool stone under her feet, she stopped just at the edge before entering.

"Seems we're the first to arrive...do you think the others will show?"

She turned to Colossus.

Whenever the Tribunal would order something they all must do in tandem...it was often hard to overlook their past animosities.

[member="Perla Pirjo"] | [member="Verza Lor"]

Life before the tribes was nothing more than a feint whisper within his mind at this point. No longer did Kaharak muse of what may be happening off of the planet, no longer did he wish to leave and return to the life he had led before. Arriving on Croa, even if it had been through a crash, had been of benefit for the Togruta. His life before had been rudimentary, simple and without purpose. He had risen from his slumber every day lost and without aims, simply following his Master's orders. Nothing more, nothing less. Now, though, now he greeted each morn with a sense of purpose, an objective, no matter how simple, set out for him to pursue. Before, he had existed - his lungs had breathed and his heart had beat - but he had not lived. Croa had breathed the spark of life into him, now his souls sung and he thrived in the euphoric sense of living.

Croa had been good for him in other ways as well. His Master's death in the crash that had brought him to his new life had been saddening, he had mourned the passing of a great man even as he had celebrated his Master's union with the Force, but, it had liberated him in equal measure. With no firm hand to guide his training, a younger Kaharak had leaned upon the Force for the guidance required and, in doing so, found his true path. Constant studying of battle tactics in preparation for the rising forces of the Sith gave way to musing on social interactions. Rigorous training with a lightsaber faded away to be replaced by staring into the depths of the Force to listen and watch as it interacted with the bodies of the living. War gave way to Healing even as a civil war had broken out, training to fight on mass battlefields gave way to a battle medic who learnt methods of the Force to save a life more than he did to take one.

Yes, Kaharak still trained to fight, but he trained with the goal of defending others over fighting a growing threat - he trained to guard the precious spark of life against suffering. He was quick with a blade, never brutal. Serene even in his feralty, a peace with himself in all steps of his life. But, more than that, he was skilled in coaxing the Force to heal wounded bodies: sealing shut the faultlines that had opened up within them and fueling life, encouraging it to continue to burn bright. Croa had done the Togruta good, forged him into the man he now was and he was content with his life.

However, as Kaharak strolled behind two of his fellows from Clan Ooroo, one of them a fellow Togruta, his thoughts were not on the past but on the present instead. The plague assaulting his people was one of concern and vexation for the healer. An illness that he could not heal was not something that he welcomed with open arms; a challenge was well and good up until it started costing people their lives. No matter what desperate attempt he tried, no matter how much he begged and pleaded with the Force for a miracle to be granted, nothing would work. And for every life that left the mortal coil, he had suffered, felt a strike be delivered to his very soul. As such, as soon as the announcement had been made that a party was to be sent to investigate a tomb rumoured to be involved with the plague, he had volunteered himself immediately - without sparing any thought to the fact that his combat skills were not highly thought of among the Clan; after all, he never showed them apart from to a small number.

Stopping with the two other members of Clan Ooroo, Kaharak held his silence, hands falling to shift behind his back as he stood slightly separate from the pair; with them but not next to them as he lost himself in his thoughts - releasing his emotions to the Force and letting it fill him with his beloved serenity. He could spare no thought to his closest friend lying in pain back with the Clan, suffering from the plague. He could not focus on the way her face had been scrunched up in a tight mess of pain. No, such worried were not for now, now was the time to focus so that such pain could be removed.

A heretic for a Master had lead to Kaharak learning a Code of the Jedi different than the common one, one he believed in more, and those sacred words ran through his mind as he focused on centering himself.

Emotion, yet Peace. Worry, fear, panic and even anger at what may be the cause of the plague. He could feel them, never refusing them but allowing them to register and then flow through him and out into the Force. Emotion was felt but it gave way to peace as he let them flow through him. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. The plague was unknown to him, something that he knew nothing about and, yet, he knew that he would learn, knew that it could be fought as there were already cases of immunity - himself included. Passion, yet Serenity. Chaos, yet Harmony. His emotions did storm within him, but, just as he embraced peace, he embraced the harmony and serenity that came from accepting them and releasing them in equal measure.

Opening his eyes, red and yellow gaze locking onto his fellow Togruta, Paa'lee, he spoke gently and quietly. "They will come. Preservation if nothing else will drive them. The Force decrees as such. Our resolve is being tested, it is time that we cower no more and learn that which is unknown."

[member="Paa'lee"] | [member="Colossus"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Count Marlow Venjuta"]

Perched on a stone filing down a piece of wood while those of importance discussed the discovery of the ancient temple, Skar simply observed. Back and forth they talked, never glancing over at the feathered woman, knowing her lack of speech couldn't add to the discussion, though Skar was able to teach them the basics of her sign and body language, even working with her Clan to create a symbol based language, where key words were paired with assigned symbols; yet she understood Basic well. Her Clan struggled to learn the language of her species, mainly the race known as the Vax, so the symbol communication worked best. But today it would have slowed down the process.

Snapping the wood in two, she tossed one piece to the side and removed herself from her perch, adjusting her mask as she did. She couldn't breathe the air on this planet like the others, so it was fortunate for her that a scientist, long dead for his ignorance, had constructed a temporary mask to aid in her survival. The mask wasn't perfect, barely fitting her facial features, but it would do until something better came along. With long strides, she quickly closed the gap between herself and the others; forcing them to part to allow her to pass.

Dropping to a knee, she began to draw symbols into the dirt, feeling the sets of eyes lock onto what she was creating. When she finished, she looked to the others, waiting for them to understand. Finally one of the older men, a human, said, "Yes, I agree the temple is important." She once again wrote symbols in the dirt, pointing out two ones in particular, as if she was stressing a point. Again the old man said, "Of course we will dispatch someone to the ruins. There has to be something there that will elevate us in the eyes of the other Clans, or at the least aid us personally. I do, however, fail to understand why we must act so quickly. For one, we know next to nothing about these ruins, and for all we know, it could be a trap set by any number of enemies. What we need is more information other than rumors."

Ruffling her red feathers, a sign that she was growing annoyed, she wrote another series of symbols; staring up at the old man as he read them. "Fair point, Skar. Allow me to address the others, and if they agree we will send you and two others to the ruins immediately. Remember Skar, if we allow this you are to gather information only; do not enter the ruins without our permission." Shaking her head as she stood up, towering over everyone around her, she hated the fact their Clan was without a Tribune. She feared another civil war would break out among the Clan if one worthy enough of the title didn't quickly rise from the cautious minds that held temporary power in Clan Kressh.

[member="Kaharak Hyn"] l [member="Paa'lee"] l [member="HK-36"] l [member="Colossus"] l [member="Nasho Vesh"]

Strolling through the vast forest of the planet Valamir’s hand swatted at the sky the numerous insects buzzing about insistent on tasting the Epicanthix’s flesh and blood. How long have I been trapped on this Force-forsaken rock? Valamir thought more than a bit irritated over his lot in life. He was not meant to live among savages, Valamir was to be a man of great esteem, he should be residing in a large estate on a world like Naboo or Bastion where he would be respected. Where he would be envied, and possess great wealth. None of these were meant to be, not due to a failing on Valamir’s part but more so due to his birth. Valamir was not a natural born humanoid, sadly he had been the scientific offspring of a Vladimir Van Lorsteyn. A man Valamir had come to despise, not only for his creation but due to Vlad’s goal. Valamir was no more than a vessel meant for the Sith Lord’s soul.

Valamir could but dwell on the thoughts on what he would’ve been, where he would be in life if only his assassination attempt on his progenitor had succeeded. Instead of having to flee across the galaxy Valamir would’ve taken up his past master’s estate, laid claim to all that had been Vlad’s. That was the ‘ifs’ in reality Valamir had crash landed on a world that went by the name of Croa. Looking to the chrono on his wrist Valamir grimaced. Five years he’d been trapped on the world and he’d come to see things he couldn’t unsee. He’d watched as people cut one another down in a battle over the occupants of the world. Where dark and light collided where the sides were no longer clearly defined, it had all become a murky gray that they’d all been lost in. Valamir himself had used his intelligence to avoid battle, risking life and limb for such a battle without knowledge on his enemies’ capabilities was not something Valamir was particularly fond of. Some labeled the man as a coward, others thought him a trickster in disguise. In truth, Valamir was but a man that was incredibly cautious yet completely devoted to his goal of bringing the natives of the world under his rule. Not in the way of other Sadow clan followers, but through appearing just, by offering what the other members of the clan wouldn’t.

A majority of clan Sadow were focused on attaining power for powers sake, for merely inflating their oversized egos, they had no true plans for the natives. While attaining power would certainly inflate Valamir’s ego he had a goal that extended past just subjugating the species. He wanted to make the world his own, bring order and stability in which the world would prosper allowing him the resources and eventually forces to combat his progenitor. Walking out of the underbrush Valamir saw others gathered up ahead, a group of two Togruta’s, and a creature in which he could not place his finger on. Approaching them Valamir spoke his voice deep, his words powerful with a slight warm tone. A falsified one but one trick you learned when serving beneath someone you despised for years is to fake it till you make it. “Good evening, considering I haven’t had the pleasure I assume you’re from one of the other clans? I come representing clan Sadow.”

Valamir wore a suit that over the five years since he’d crash landed on the planet had to constantly be stitched to the point where the frays and stitches were all too apparent on the stark white suit at least what had once been stark white and was now a faded gray. The sleeves had been torn off in response to the heat of the world. Valamir forever one to care about appearances had smoothed his dark brown hair back as it was the most he could pull off without his typical array of hair products. “Is this everyone?”

[member="Nasho Vesh"] [member="Skar"] [member="Kaharak Hyn"] [member="Paa'lee"] [member="Paa'lee"] [member="HK-36"] [member="Colossus"]

"Sound words...unfortunate turn of events but we must do this regardless." she allowed her words to trail off before catching a full glimpse of [member="Kaharak Hyn"] the two were from the same clan, she enjoyed his company and felt rather comfortable that he was here with them. Surely the three of them could uncover whatever secret were laid to rest all those years ago.

A warm smile followed before she got a sense, something she didn't know but alerted her entire body as a breeze crawled across her exposed back.

Her body tensed, and she stepped backwards while her head trailed the human newcomer. The Togruta had known him from within her own clan, but in the larger tribe perhaps.

"A warm welcome, I am Paa'lee of Ooroo..." her soft spoken, exotic voice erupted from her throat as she motioned with her hand. She looked to the others...perhaps they'd be thinking what she was in the crevices of her mind.

"Clan Sadow..." a voice echoed within her head.

Anyone would be skeptical...but history was what it was...and only the Tribunal knew exactly what had transpired. Everything else was fueled by person vendettas.

"I would assume so...shall we enter?"

[member="Valamir Lorsteyn"] | [member="Skar"] | [member="HK-36"] | [member="Colossus"] | [member="Verza Lor"] | [member="Perla Pirjo"] | [member="Char"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Paa'lee"], [member="Kaharak Hyn"], [member="Skar"], [member="Valamir Lorsteyn"],

Meanwhile,

HK actually managed to run off under the stealth field of his cloak while the group met up outside the ruins and prepared to head inside. The droid got what he calculated to be a brilliant idea on how to screw with the locals.

"This is going to be soo goood"

The droid muttered to himself as he sprinted through the jungle eerily silently, his movements muffled by the sound dampener systems built into his body. At one point he jumped up, propelling himself silently high until he passed by the canopies of the trees and reached out, grabbing some invisible object above a heavily forested area of the planet. Pulling himself up he climbed aboard one of his Eclipse-class Stealth Corvettes, entering through one of the docking tubes and scurrying inside quickly.

"Sooo gooood."

He repeated as he moved through various corridors and passages of the cloaked ship before entering the cargo hold where he ran past two of his Greycloak guards sitting on barrels and using a crate of shattergun pellets as a table to play pazaak on,

"Hey you are back already."

One of them acknowledge HK,

"Yeah, yeah, where did you put my technomancer vessel?"

"In the corner over there."

One of them motioned to a near nook in the cargo where a silvery three-faced droid body was slumped over by a stack of rifles,

"Alright, grab my biot and help me get into it."

The Greycloaks didn't reply but stood up anyway as HK moved over to the vessel, reaching out a slicing spike extended from one of his arms and jammed itself between the other vessels plates, finding a secret hidden dataport before connecting with it and transferring data. Suddenly he fell forward, faceplanting on the ground as the multiple eyes of the three faced vessels lighted up and he stood up, moving forward to spread his arms. The other droids opened up a transparent cube then which held a sloshing gooey black substance and held it over his head before turning it over. The black goo spread over the droid body, at first drenching him in it but the substance purred and murred then as it begin to cling and align itself with his armored plates, helped by the Greycloaks smoothing it over, it was as if the biot was worn by HK so much already that it just knew how to cling and adjust itself on the machine's body.

Either way, in couple of minutes the droid was in his new body, covered in the biot, and wrapped in the cloak he took from his previous body along with any other gadgets and weapons he had,

"Stay in the area, I will probably need you to drop me the Black Staff from the sky in a while!"

"Yeah alright."

The Greycloaks dismissed HK running off again as they sat down to continue pretending they were humans playing pazaaak.

Once more under the cover of his cloak the droid made his way back into the ruins, entering them now instead ahead of the group of natives. He would not go too deep to not make it obvious that someone entered the area by accidentally unsealing any tombs or doorways that should have stayed locked, or triggering potential traps. Instead he would determine which way they would probably go through and find the closest alcove or doorway they would pass by. Using his Phrik talons he would carve in this doorway a symbol of a blackened fanged Kaleesh mask before entering inside, and sealing the door behind him. Inside he would drop his cloak and find what looked to be like a canopic jar. Opening the urn he would glance inside,

"Gross."

The droid muttered as he turned it over into one of the small room's corners, emptying its content of ash and what looked to be a shriveled mummified heart before covering the remains with some dust and rubble to bury the evidence of some poor dead man that the alcove was actually meant for. Using his claws again he would carve the same symbol, this time inside the jar before putting his hand in.
"Come on, in you go."

He ordered the biot as he shook his head to hurry the substance along. With another murr and a purr the biot would begin to slide off of the droid's body and slither its way inside the canopic jar, filling it almost to the brim in its black liquid.

"This is going to be sooo goood."

HK muttered to himself again as he sealed the jar and placed it on a stone pedestal it inhabited before, in the middle of the room as if on an altar, before wrapping himself in his cloak once more and disappearing. Now all he would have to do is wait and hopefully the would-be native adventurers would take the bait and open the room on their way through the tomb.

HK_mark.png

Colossus

C
Colossus followed along [member="Paa'lee"] and [member="Kaharak Hyn"]. He had been silent up until [member="Valamir Lorsteyn"] had shown himself. Colossus let out a grunt as he turned to get a better look at the man. His voice was full of fake pleasantries which the Kaleesh spotted instantly.

Paa'lee gave a warm welcome, which made the Kaleesh almost laugh.

"No need to be warm to him, I'm sure he's just here to watch us do all the work....he definitely looks the type." The Kaleesh said as he gripped the spear.

"At any rate man from clan Sadow, You assume correctly..." Colossus simply said as he turned his head back to the ruins.

He took a shallow breath and glanced back. "This is everyone bold enough to show their face." Colossus' voice was but a growl.

His fellow clansmen asked if the group should enter Colossus nodded. "Well let us get on with it....I will stay close to the one from Sadow. Don't want him getting cold feet."

Colossus looked towards the ruins, something about them made his skin crawl. He had a bad feeling about exploring them.

sorry for the short post, had the flu and am getting back into this...

[member="HK-36"]
[member="Skar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom