Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Together at Last

Soaring up and away, Meliha held tightly and properly to support her while in flight. Running wouldn’t have any use if Meliha was hurt in the process, but it did change how I flew, making me adjust slightly while in flight, but I was able to land smoothly and softly up high in one of the trees, out of reach, mostly out of sight and drawing upon the Force, calling it to me for strength and power. She was concerned, but she was still being quiet for the time being, being cooperative given the nature of the situation, but I could feel her fear.

From this position, nearly forty meters up in the branches of the massive trees I could look down and see the combat unfolding below. I saw Chiasa, darting in and out of reach and attacking blindspots in order to enrage and frustrate the beast. I knew predators this size well enough to know that frustration wouldn’t send it packing. Only killing it, or maiming it, would actually convince the monstrous Gorax that we were too much for it to handle.

Reaching out to my soldiers through the Force I convinced the wounded they were unhurt, and ordered them into a new position, having the others take flight and attack like hornets would attack any creature foolish enough to disturb the nest. Heavy blaster bolts and slugthrower rounds started erupting from the soldiers in flight, aiming for its face and head, while the other three crawled, stumbled, and shuffled to the positions they knew was correct. They knew because I told them so. Finally, with the plan set, I sent Chiasa reassuring thoughts. Everything would be alright so long as she didn’t get herself hurt.

[member="Chiasa Vereen"]

Draco got the plan, as she'd been sure he would. He stayed safely at a range, protecting Meliha, keeping her out of harms way, but was still more than useful, using his range and the space he had to oversee and direct the battle, effectively becoming the player in a deadly game of Dejarik, manoeuvring his pieces.

This particularly made the Twi'lek feel better because she'd never fought with his men before, and did not know if they could be counted upon not to accidentally shoot her or the like. With Draco helping to guide them, that concern was largely assuaged.

Still, the calculation and distraction came at a cost. A seemingly random flailing of the Goraxes hooved foot connected solidly with the Twi'lek, sending her skidding on her back across the ground. She was up immediately, but aware that she'd been hurt, and the air had been knocked out of her to such a degree that it felt like she could not fill her lungs, could not catch her breath. This fear and pain was tightly bolted down however, control kicking in, even as she internally panicked, she was set on not letting any of it reach Meliha. The infant would be worried enough without getting hit by the overflow of pain and fear from her mother.

Slowly at first, and then with force assisted speed as the beast swiped at those who had taken to the air, Chiasa darted forward, a goal in mind.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Seeing Chiasa injured, feeling her pain through the Force, and seeing her lying on her back, even if only for a moment sent a surge of fear and pain and hatred through me, echoing through the Force like a tidal wave as I turned it all towards the Gorax. Holding Meliha with one hand and turning the other towards the Gorax I roared, barely noticing Meliha beginning to cry as she felt the disturbance resounding through the Force that I caused. I tried to shield her from it, but she buried her head in my chest, so I had to assume she would be alright.

Rage coursing through me, I turned my hand at the Gorax. I was no expert in Telekinesis. In fact I had trouble picking up even small objects, but I had other traits. A gout of fire began forming from my hand, white hot and shooting sparks towards the forest floor, lightning erupted from my fingertips, joining with the fire in an unholy combination. The storm of lightning and fire surged towards the Gorax, taking him in the side of the head and shoulders, igniting hair and burning the area it struck, sending electricity to his brain and to his muscles causing his arm closest to me to spasm and strike the trees. I could hear the tree crack, but it was not yet falling. There was no cause for alarm from me.

The soldiers I had instructed had moved behind the creature and seeing the wave of fire and lightning wash over the shoulder of the beast spurred them to action, firing with their small missiles at the lower back, as close to the center of the beasts spine as they could manage, hoping that the small wrist rockets combined could sever the spinal cord and paralyze the monster, however slight the odds were, while Chiasa rushed for its legs.

[member="Chiasa Vereen"]

She could feel Dracos rage and concern echoing along their bond, reverberating, filling her, invigorating. In this moment of shock she was being propelled forward by not only her own will, but his. As the Armageddon he unleashed danced above her, though she still couldn't breathe and the spots danced in front of her eyes she reached her goal. A massive leg, thicker than some of the tree trunks.

With the force to help her she scaled it, clinging grimly through it's half hearted attempts to shake her loose, she was the least of it's worries at that precise moment. Soon she reached it's hock, and now grimly, determinedly, the knife flashed cutting and then cutting again, deeper and deeper in the same spot. By the time this pain reached it, distracted as it was by everything else, and it realized there was a true threat, it's was too late.

The Twi'lek had severed it's Achilles tendon.

With a bellow, the Gorax fell, it's leg entirely incapable of supporting any of it's weight. This done the Twi'lek darted away from the flailing beast, trusting that Dracos men could finish it now that it was done. A safe distance away she dropped to her knees, turning her attention inward, checking to find what was wrong, what had been injured.

There. Ruptured diaphragm. That was why she couldn't breathe. Staying as steady and still as she could, she called the Force to her and set it to work, healing what had been injured. Sweat broke out on her skin, and she paled slightly. Still, she almost had it, and could already pull a little air in, alleviating her distress.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I could see Chiasa moving, but through our bond I could feel she was injured and knowing that urged my rage further. I could not let this happen again. Seeing her work, the dropping of the beast and the soldiers firing their wrist rockets into the enemy, allowed me to think clearly on what needed to be done next to kill this monster, and it would be slain after its transgressions.

I urged the soldiers to continue firing missiles and flamethrowers into the hairy monster while I continued to deal with the monster. Fires were already lit on its body and it was a simple matter to urge these fires hotter and larger, forcing them to engulf the gorax, however slowly it did while the beast thrashed on the jungle floor, fire all around it and on it.

It screamed and roared in agony and its limited willpower was slowly removed by its panic and the pain it was suffering until I was able to reach deep into its mind and begin digging into its mental faculties. I was seeking something, but its brain pattern was different and that made its motor functions harder to find, until there it was. I attack the area I sought with the full force of my will, letting the fires die and the meld drop. Only the passive bond between my wife and daughter remained as I sent the beast into a coma, letting it drift off to sleep in agony.

[member="Chiasa Vereen"]

A few more moments during which Draco took care of the Gorax, it's cries first echoing through the forest and then falling silent. During this time Chiasa focused on slowly and steadily inhaling and then exhaling as she repaired the damage done. At the same time she reached out and brought Meliha in closer, sending soothing 'everythings going to be okay' messages through the Force was easier and more effective while she was tapping into Healing rather than attacking. When the beast dropped she extended her reach to more thoroughly include Draco as well.

Filling her lungs fully one last time she encountered no resistance, wrongness or pain. Slightly stiff, but she saw no point in wasting energy to address that. Instead her attention turned to the soldiers who had been injured. They'd received those injuries in defence of her family, so they were owed. Flaring once more through the Force she applied healing there too. It was much harder. No close bond, no physical contact, largely unfamiliar. Still, she was a Master, and her will was strong. When she decided a thing would be done, it was done. They too were not brought all the way to a hundred percent. She was no Jedi, this was triage, not fix everyones problems entirely, give them a daisy chain, braid their hair etc.

She moved to join Draco and Meliha. Making use of her jumpjet for once. She did not have the energy to do otherwise.

"Kst, for all this bother it had best be a very well done idol."

She commented teasingly, moving in close, leaning her forehead aginst Dracos chin. Humor to make sure he knew what he would be feeling through their bond was true, she was all right. Meliha solemnly removed her face from her father chest, babbled what sounded quite a bit like an admonishment, little brow knotted, before patting her mother on the face, chubby hand staying there a moment. What was surprising was the small rush of energy that accompanied this, revitalizing the exhausted woman, who pulled away almost immediately, shutting down the exchange.

"You sneaky monkey. Where did you learn that? You are sweet Mel'ihka, sei teeubo, but that is a dangerous game."

Her attention switched back to Draco.

"Apparently we have a prodigy. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. She feels it every time we use the Force. I suppose we'll need to start thinking about training soon to keep her from hurting herself. Pfah, teaching ehr to talk and use the Force at the same time. I imagine some parents were rather relieved when the Jedi were still stealing babies."

How precisely did one teach an infant? She was at the point where she udnerstood simple things, and her babbling was very nearly words, but still. It was a daunting task.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

When Chiasa arrived beside me, I wrapped an arm around her instantly, using the Force to study her, make sure she was alright, safe, and with no permanent injuries. I pulled her close, tapping my helmet to hers and using our connection to reinforce her, my anger and rage slipping away as soon as she was near me.

With the calming of the storm I had created, I could think properly, analyze the situation properly. The Gorax was unconscious, still partially on fire, and one of the uninjured soldiers was preparing to drop a thermal detonator down the beast’s throat to finish it off for good. I didn’t bother interrupting them, they were doing their jobs, and Chiasa had already helped them with their pain, they did not need my assistance.

Meliha displaying her very limited Force aptitude made me feel proud, that she had picked up on so much already, that she was exerting herself at all at such a young age and that she was babbling mostly incoherent word like sounds, but she was trying to talk.

I am sorry Mesh’ika, you are hurt. We should go back to the ship and get you in bacta or up to the station. There is a full medical staff there to look after you.” I said, fussing over her, lending her my strength and inspecting her.

I wanted to get her to safety and get her healed, but her calm, her happiness with Meliha, put some of those feelings aside for now. “But… if you would like we can press on. Perhaps Meliha would like you to hold her, that is, if your ribs aren’t too injured.” I said softly, only loud enough for her and Meliha to hear. I was worried about her, and everything in me wanted to ensure her safety and health, but I would not take her free will away to do so, I wouldn’t force her to do something against her wishes.

[member="Chiasa Vereen"]

"I just got kicked by an eighty foot tall man-bat-thing trying to go visit the whatever. We are not only going to see what it is, we are either stealing it or dropping it in a black hole depending upon how offensive I find it. To hell with the natives."

Was her answer showing a bit of the stubborn spite that had landed her in trouble in the past, but also pushed her past what she'd thought was her capability. They'd been going to investigating when the Gorax attacked, there for the Gorax had been trying to keep them from investigating intentionally or not, so to fully stick it to him not only his defeat and death was required, but also the fulfilling of the original objective, and then some.

At his suggestion, she reached out to take Meliha, her body protested slightly, but not to any significant degree, she was only stiff.

"You just want me to hold her so you don't have to miss the excitement next time."

She teased him with a wink, planting a kiss on Melihas chubby cheek. She wasn't quite as cheerful as she was acting, but Meliha had been upset and Draco was worried, so she was going to project calm, content and happy through the force until she was sure everyone was settled again. Meliha for her part was already offering slightly uncertain smiles, clearly not over her scare, but happy as always to see her parents together and interacting.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Very well my love. I don’t mind continuing on with you, I just didn’t want you to feel like we had to, given your injuries.” I said, trying to be consoling to her, make sure she and Meliha were alright with each other and neither were in any discomfort.

Meliha transitioned to Chiasa easily enough, but she didn’t seem too bothered by my emotional display now that it was over. Whether it was baby’s short memories or whether she was conditioned to not be as bothered by what she felt through the Force, or whether she had simply shut herself off from the Force while I had been twisting it to my will, I could not know. Perhaps it was simply the affection and caring being shared through our bond that cushioned the backlash she may have felt. So long as it didn’t have any negative effects later on, I didn’t mind what it was that protected her from feeling my rage, what kept her from being afraid of me.

Descending to the ground, no doubt Chiasa right behind me, holding our daughter in her arms I rejoined the soldiers on the ground, checking on those that had been wounded for a moment, making sure their armor had helped save them from serious injury. There were broken bones, but there were no fatal injuries. “Come on. We will investigate this disturbance and get back to the station so you all can get patched up.” There were nods and grunts of confirmation, and the soldiers emitted acknowledgment in their minds. They knew they had received some help from their masters and that they had merely been assistance during the skirmish with the beast.

I took point this time, letting the soldiers form a slightly tighter group around Chiasa and Meliha, protecting them at all costs as we came upon a series of great metal frames sticking up from the ground, rust growing on the steel that was exposed, moss, grass, even small trees covering the majority of the several massive pieces covering this region.

Sensor scans?” I asked quietly, sensing predators and other creatures in the area.

Looks like kilometers of this region are covered in Death Star Debris. Sensor scans show some pieces embedded hundreds of meters down, sir. Looks like some areas have been cleaned up, and the forest is taking over in most areas. Some exposed sheet metal and some caves, but nothing else.

I nodded and continued leading the small group to the odd disturbance I could feel. It felt oddly familiar, as though I had felt something like it before, but not this exact presence. This was different, altered in some way. Through the winding maze of debris I led my family until I could feel the source was near by. It was here, this oddity in the Force, below me in the caves and tunnels left by the destroyed Death Star from eight centuries ago.

I held a hand to my family and the guards, ushering them to stay on the service while I descended into the pit. I could sense there was nothing living down here, at least nothing living of decent size or danger. The loose dirt, rusting metal, and fungus and mosses crunched, squelched underneath my heel as I walked through the dark passages in the wreckage. I could feel the source getting ever closer, and I couldn’t place where I had felt something similar to this.

I dropped down a shaft, which had once been a corridor now resting on its side, using my jump pack to slow my descent. I turned on the floor walking out into a ravine, the darkening sky of night and the precursory to rain over head, but I could sense the disturbance. It was here.

Just under a small overhang there was a fully intact skeleton, odd for being out in the open with all the wild animals on the sanctuary moon, but here it sat anyway, every bone in place, none of them chewed or broken, fossilized and complete. Its clothes had slowly deteriorated and its bones were brownish in color, dirty from the weather, but no beast had come near it, not even the smallest of insects walked near it.

I walked to this mysterious body and took notice of its one article of clothing, worn on the right hand. A single black glove, lacking ornamentation or anything of note. Simply a black glove. I reached out for it, sensing it was the object that called to me, that enthralled me since we had come to this moon. My hand touched the glove and I could sense the darkness from it, the evils it had done, but still I gripped it tight and pulled it free of the corpse. Perfectly intact, no damage, not a single thread out of place, the glove slid off the hand, revealing dark almost blackened bones beneath.

Holding the glove I looked at it and knew what it was.

As I held the glove looking at it, inspecting it with my eyes and through the Force I felt something, something long forgotten. The sky shifted, crackled with lightning, and rumbled with thunder. The color shifted from a light evening rain to a thunderous afternoon storm. The landscape changed to terrible jagged peaks in the distance, barren earth as far as the eye could see, and fires where battles had been fought. I watched not from my own eyes, but from the eyes of another. His red saber slashed downwards at a blue lightsaber wielding warrior. Other men and women wielding red lightsabers were arrayed around this man and a battle was reaching its climax as Jedi and Sith clashed in times so long ago they had been forgotten by all but the most well learned historian.

Black hair fell around his eyes and Jedi were slain by the dozens that day, the Sith claiming victory after a long, brutal battle. As the battle progressed the man whose eye’s I shared fought in several single duels against Jedi of varying degrees of skill. As he became weary from exerting himself through the Force and physically fighting these Jedi warriors, he became more and more vulnerable. One Jedi, lunged at him, seeking to impale him in the chest, and the man blocked the blade with his bare hand, drawing the energy into himself and unleashing it in a storm of lightning, beheading the young Jedi warrior with his own lightsaber in a single fluid motion.

The hand was turned to be inspected by the eyes, and I could see it was charred black and burnt from contacting the saber. Painfully the man turned it into a fist and continued the battle, ultimately surviving and being taken back to the fortress the Sith had claimed for their own.

Days passed quickly as the Sith Lord recovered on his own, with no assistance from Bacta, but he recovered from what should have been an amputation without medical assistance, a testament to his strength in the Force. Thunder rolled through the fortress and lightning struck from the sky and erupted from his hands as he created a simple trinket, twisting it and bending it to his will until he was satisfied. The mighty Sith lord donned the trinket around his neck and waited.

Time passed by quickly as the vision shifted to show me his many battles wearing the trinket, using it to empower himself, deflecting blaster bolts and lightsabers with his bare hands with ease as he fought. And then I heard his name. “Lord Kaan, the Dark Lord of the Sith.” The name was familiar from my history lessons, the last leader of the Brotherhood of Darkness, the last of the ancient Sith Lords.

The battles continued and the Dark Lord eventually hid the trinket in a jewelry box before his death. I watched him place the trinket in the box and never return, shifting from his eyes to simply star at an ancient box sit on a shelf for what seemed like years before a young woman returned for it. Her blonde hair betrayed her true nature, yellow eyes flashed as she opened the box and took up the trinket, stealing it away.

She fled from there and confronted a bald Sith Lord, his face marked with dark symbols. They fought furiously against one another, lightsabers clashing with sparks cast from the two red blades of Plasma. The Dark Lord she battled did not register with my memories, but he was the greater of the two, by enough of a margin I knew that he would be victorious over this girl whose eyes I shared, watching her fight her master. Then in a shocking turn of events she proved victorious, using the Dark Side to dismember her master and cast out his invading spirit as it separated from his own body and attempted to take over her physical form, but she proved the stronger of the two.

Centuries passed before my eyes, as the woman grew old and was eventually destroyed by her apprentice, and then so on, and so on, through the centuries every wearer of the trinket was slain or left the small trinket in a box that I watched age before me as they left it be. One Sith Lord never brought himself to actually open the box his master had left him, because of fear, mistrust, or perhaps over confidence in his own abilities, I could not tell which. It seemed as though an eterntity had passed before a being actually took up the trinket yet again. A middle aged Muun opened the small chest and plucked the small golden trinket, bare of any markings or jewels. He knew what it was instantly and he donned it around his neck. “Finally our search is over my young apprentice. The Amulet of Lord Kaan is now ours.

And we shall use it to spread fear through the galaxy, my Master.

In due time Darth Sidious. In due time.”

The Muun aged as time progressed again, the trinket worn around his neck often, and he drew upon its power when he needed. The Sith were a mystery during this time and remained hidden. He often used this to his advantage, not carrying his lightsaber as he walked through crowds and was well known as a senior member of the banking clan. Hego Damask they called him, and his influence was great, both in the Force and in the galaxy. His influence spread to every corner of the Galaxy and in the end, it mattered little. He had been weak and let his guard down. He had stowed the small trinket away and it had not saved him from his apprentice who murdered him in his sleep.

Taken by the new Dark Lord of the Sith, events that shaped the foundations of the Galaxy as I knew it transpired, wars were fought, and shifts were made. Great and terrible things occurred all transpiring without anyone to stop them. The trinket itself was not the cause of these events, but it had witnessed them all, it was present when they occurred. It was in the possession of the Dark Lord when he became the leader of the Galaxy and corrupted it to his will, but this would not be its true master.

Years passed and a Zabrak Sith brought his master a pair of black gloves. “These were his my lord.” The man said as he laid them before the elderly sith, still bearing the hands of their former wearer.

Excellent work Darth Maul. You have done well with your final task.” The words were raspy and dark, laden with dark intentions. The Zabrak realized this and his head snapped up, eyes like fire, but they were too late. The snap hiss of a lightsaber resounded through the hidden meeting location, and a thud followed its hum. The eyes rolled back and droids carried the body away along with the head as the elderly Sith Lord took the black gauntlets. I knew what they were. Crushgaunts worn by a Mandalorian warrior that must have caused trouble for the Sith Lord’s plans, because now the Mandalorian was dead and his gauntlets were in the possession of a Sith Lord.

The gloves were taken by the Sith and kept secret for some time until he eventually took them to Korriban. I recognized the planet instantly when I saw it through the eyes of this being of pure evil. In the Valley of the Dark Lords I watched as he had droids fit the right glove around the trinket and imbue the item with his fury and his hatred within an ancient ritual circle, adorned in blue fires. The circle pulsed blue with dark energies as the Sith Lord crafted the gloves for their true master.

Time passed, but I could tell by the way it happened it was not long. A broken man, maimed, and burnt was brought to a surgical chamber, the old Sith looking on with glee, empowering his apprentice with the Force to help keep the man alive. Droids flocked over the man, stabilizing him, tending his wounds as best they could.

Then I witnessed the creation of a monster as his screams echoed through the chamber as the droids placed cybernetic arms and legs on the stumps that had been left in the place of his real ones. A black suit enveloped the being, and the gloves were pulled over his robotic hands, fitted to them perfectly. A mask was lowered over the man’s head and the robotic sound of a rebreather filled the room, each breath drawn through a medical rebreather and exhaled with a mechanical rasp.

Lord Vader, can you hear me?” The elderly Sith asked quietly.

Yes my master.” The cyborg said. The rest was clouded in pain and misery. All I could see was that the monster was in terrible pain and that he had no reason left to go on beyond obedience to a Dark Lord.

Years passed and hundreds were slain or destroyed by one of the most infamous Sith Lords the Galaxy had ever known. Jedi and Soldier a like fought the cybernetic Sith Lord and all fell before him, the will of his master enforced on every planet he was sent to. Time passed and whole graveyards will filled by the Sith Lord. Jedi Masters dueled the Dark man-machine in every environment the Cyborg slashed down his enemies. Blasters and lightsabers alike were turned aside by his will, his lightsaber, and the glove adorning his right hand. There were none that could oppose him.

The next scene I was shown by my vision, I stood upon the deck of a ship, sleek black with sharp angled architecture. A great window looked out into space where a battle was taking place and the old Sith Lord, so corrupted by his own evil, hard become a hideous monster, and I knew who he was. He was Emperor Palpatine, the First and Only Galactic Emperor of the Galactic Empire.

A young man stood before the cyborg, whose eyes I watched from. His dirty blonde hair cut short and clean. The man stood in all black, and the Emperor had his lightsaber on his throne. The lightsaber was pulled from the throne and ignited in a single fluid motion, snapping full and swinging down towards the Emperor. Another hiss was heard and the green blade of the young Jedi was stopped by the red blade of the Sith. They clashed and dueled as the laughs of the Emperor echoed throughout the throne room. Eventually the young Jedi took the upper hand and kicked the cyborg, causing him to tumble down the steps with a grunt. “Good. Use your aggressive feelings boy. Let the Hate flow through you.” The Emperor said as the cyborg stood.

The metallic robotic voice erupted from the suit. “Obi-Wan has taught you well.

The young Jedi spoke, “I will not fight you father.” But despite his wishes the duel continued and the two battled as the Emperor looked on, watching waiting for his moment. The sound of Lightsabers clashing, sparks falling, and the Emperor’s laughter filled the room as the two men fought, both seeking to corrupt each other, but in a fit of rage the young Jedi took the upper hand, battling the Sith Lord back, taking him by surprised, pressing against his defenses, and fighting him backwards onto a bridge. The onslaught continued, forcing the Sith to his knees, and then with a flash, the robotic hand was severed just beyond the black glove’s protection, sending the glove falling down a massive chasm.

Moments passed and in a titanic explosion the glove survived, protected by the ancient sith magics and the Mandalorian Iron it was made from, pulled into a wormhole created by the overload of and catastrophic failure of an enormous Hypermatter Annihilation Reactor. The next I saw a flash of white and blue and then debris dumped into an ocean. Months, possibly years later, a three eyed man took the glove, but he could not handle its power so he had it stowed away. A false prophet took the glove away, but was slain during his time, and then the glove passed to another man, until it passed into the possession of a Dark Lady of the Sith.

She would possess the glove for some time, but she never wore it. It was fear that kept her from using it. She had seen it used by its true master too many times to risk wearing it, haunted by memories of it. Decades passed and she never returned to where she had hidden the glove. Centuries passed again and a man opened the case she had placed the black glove in, taking it for his own. This man I knew not, but he was Sith, I knew that much.

The man claimed the gauntlet as his own, but eventually he discovered the truth about the glove, and learned about it. The Sith were not a welcome sight in the galaxy during this time and the man took it before his master, a crab armored beast of a man who ordered the glove destroyed and those that knew of it slain. Fear drove this man as well. Those that had seen its work when wielded by its true master were tentative to attempt to claim its power and abilities for themselves. The man fled, fearing for his life, locking the glove in a box and refusing to wear it again. He knew only that he needed a place to hide, but in his fear he believed the glove called to its true master, that it yearned to be left with his remains. And so he fled to Endor, believing he could find some long lost remnant of Lord Vader there and be free of the glove and the curse he had come to believe. That he could live and that his master would forgive him, if he could just return the glove to its rightful owner. For years he searched the forest moon of Endor for the bones and suit of Darth Vader, seeking, his sole purpose in life to place the glove back where he felt it belonged. He only began wearing it again when his lightsaber no longer had the power to ignite to defend himself.

When he wore it no insect bothered him, no animals came too close, but he did not notice, consumed by his obsessive need to return the glove to its master who was long gone, taken by the Force and consumed in a funeral pyre. Eventually he died, old, hungry and alone, clutching the glove as he drifted off to sleep on last time.

The vision changed to speak not of the past but of the current. It showed me fire and death, bones everywhere, and the skies churning with energy, all around me. Smoke choked the air and I looked outwards. I was in my own body, seeing from my own eyes once again. There was nothing living around me and I questioned my sanity when a voice boomed through the air. “There is a fine line between thirst for power and the protection of the things you love.” The voice was not my own, but I recognized it nonetheless.

Darkness is a powerful ally on the field. It is quick to aid you in battle, but just as quick to turn on you.

Always remember what you are fighting for, and never let yourself fall into the pit, and you might walk the fine line, but one misstep and you will fall and only they can bring you back.” The voice said, smoke clearing to show me my family, smiling and waving to me.

The smoke returned, filling my sight, and everything went dark, and then my eyes opened. Everything was blurry but my eyes began adjusting to the light and I could see I was within a medical center, dressed in the standard medical gown, wearing the glove on my right hand with Chiasa sitting asleep next to me, her arms crossed on the edge of the bed and her head lying across them. Her breathing was steady and she was sound asleep. I thought to sneak out of the bed and put her in it, but then knew better. If it had been her in my place the first thing I would want to know was that she was alright. I sat up and placed my had on her shoulder’s, “My love, is everything alright?” I asked.

She started awake, snapping to full awareness quickly and then hugged me around my neck, kissing me as she withdrew, “I was so worried about you,” she said, relief echoing through the Force.

I’m sorry, I found what we were looking for and it showed me a vision through the Force. I can’t control these things.” I said laughing lightly as I did.

You were out for three days, Viyi’ee.” She said softly, “And you wouldn’t let go of that thing no matter what.” Pointing at the glove. I pulled the glove off and inspected my hand for a moment, nothing seemed out of place or too wrong, event he corruption I had witnessed in the Triclops or the Sith that had brought the gauntlet to Endor was not present, at least not yet. But then again it had withered the Triclops’ hand in mere days, turning it the color of burnt flesh, but my hand seemed fine, both visually and in the Force.

Well, it was certainly worth the scare my love,” I told her, hugging Chiasa and rising from the medical bed. “Let’s put Endor behind us, perhaps move to an unknown system for a while.” I said, getting up and looking for fatigues to wear.

Within moments I was dressed and had ordered the captain to take the station out of the system. Our ship was secured to a docking ring and the station took a few moments to make the jump to hyperspace and then we were gone, without a trace.

Over the next few days I told Chiasa about what I witnessed, what it was I held, and why it was important. I had a path to walk now, I needed to know about that path if I was to manage it. I needed to know where Vader had failed and how to stave off that failure from my own destiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom