Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To You The Few

Macharius Solaire

M
The battle was over.

But the war raged on.

Macharius looked out the window of the space elevator. Exhaustion flooded his body as adrenaline wore off. His hands steadied himself on a railing. Macharius wasn't a young man anymore. They lost a lot of good men and women today defending this elevator. Defending the Shipyard. Their sacrifice was for the future of the nation, he hoped the soldiers realized that. The magnetic locks disengaged and the elevator began it's assent once again. The higher they he rose the more damage to the city was revealed. Most concerning was the battlefield they just fought on. There were a lot more droid than he could ever believe were in that fight. Somehow they beat the odds. That bomber pilot was really to thank. They never would have won without them. Macharius let out a hefty sigh. There was much left to do and all he wanted was a nap.

IP8SAQp.png

Hours passed before the elevator reached its terminus. Sure it was far faster to take a starship up. Macharius had no ships available to take him right now, other priorities were above even the General. In that time though he got some problems sorted out, permissions given and some interactions between him and the CIS accomplished. One of which was aranging a meeting with the bomber pilot that came to their aid, [member="Kathryn Foster"]. Macharius was eager to meet her and wasted no time in heading for Hanger 03 where she would be waiting.

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
The CNS Resilience had appeared in front of them as the white colored and sleek bomber left the thermosphere of Mechis III. The sight of their safe haven had brought a feeling of relief to Kathy and her wingman, the ships gunner. Her first battle within the Confederacy was to an end and after a frustrating start, it had felt alot better as soon as the permission to engage had been transmitted through the comms. She had been fighting with herself to stay within the protocols, well maybe some minor details and own thought-out tweaks were in the grey zone for what was acceptable, nothing remarkably and it had seemed to literally pass under the radar. Being called in to a supervisor the first thing she did in her new faction, how would that look?

After a well deserved meal in the capital ships canteen, she had been awaken by one of the crew while napping in the pilots quarters. General [member="Macharius Solaire"], the man whos forces she had provided air support to in the battle, had wished for a meeting. She had been slightly hesistant at first but it soon turned to curiousness what this general could possibly want. Of course, she had her guesses and when a general called - you answered. She had changed to her steel blue service dress uniform; a clean-cut and short jacket with maroon details on the shoulders and maroon single broad bars around its wrists. Half closed, a black top could be sighted underneath it. Dress trousers in the same steel blue color and black work shoes. Her ash blonde hair was put in a tidy braid that rested in over a shoulder.

Her blue eyes gazed out of a long and narrow viewport, one could see Resilience in the distance and behind it the numerous stars that adorned the otherwise black space. Hangar 03 was just one of many hangars in the complex structure that embraced Mechis III like a planetary ring system. Advanced space elevators brought both people and cargo for further transport out of the system. A light sigh left her lips as she folded the arms across the chest. The nap had been well enough so she was not tierd by any means, but still curious about Solaire who she had only heard over the comms, commending her actions in the battle.

Macharius Solaire

M
Macharius had found himself a cargo transport cart to drive around. One like you'd find in any decent starport. The Mechyards were a gigantic complex and walking wasn't a time efficient way of getting most anywhere. The tram system was even better, though much of it was utilized for freight shipment, there were a few lines specifically to move workers and droids around too. A shuttle was faster than anything in the end though. Skip the physical limitations of the station and fly as straight as possible to your destined hanger. He didn't have to go to the ends of the station though. A quick five minute zip down some corridors got him to Hanger 03. The blast door opened at his arrival to a short hallway with another blast door at the end. Redundancy build in for any explosive depressurization situations. Mach jostled his ride over the blast doors running track, same with the second doors to enter the hanger proper.

There was a bustle of activity when it all came in to view. Refugees being embarked on CIS ships. Their personnel and his own working in hand to see them off. Soldiers lingered around the perimeter at exits to make sure no one went where they shouldn't. It all seemed to be coordinated smoothly. Testament to the competency of both sides. Macharius pulled off to the side and parked. He stepped off in one motion and slung his rifle over a shoulder. A few more seconds were sparred watching the crowds before he pushed in to look for Foster. None of them took much notice of him, he didn't stand out in the armor all the Denonian soldiers here wore. As unlikely as they were to recognize him anyways. Mach had to ask one of the CIS naval personnel about Foster and her whereabouts. He pointed off towards a corner of the hanger and went back to his job. It was sort of obvious now she was there. Blonde hair, black grey uniform. Best to meet their savior.

Macharius made his last few boot steps louder than average to get her attention from the viewport. He gave a salute not off his temple, but with an arm braced across his chest with a fist sounding off the armor. The Denonian Salute. "Rank and name soldier?"

[member="Kathryn Foster"]

Lost in her thoughts when looking out into the vastness of space, and the sound of the buzzing hangar behind her made it hard for the denon derived pilot to notice the generals approach, until he put on extra weight in his steps against the metal floor. She turned her head in slight surprise to the armored man now standing beside her. When the figure offered a salute that she recognized from her homeplanet, she instantly let go of her arms crossed position and turned to him at attention, answering him with a perfect regular salute of the CIS.

''Cadet Foster, sir! As requested.'' she replied in a collected but proper military manner. It must have been the general. Who else would approach her asking for name and rank?

Their greetings done, she went to standing at ease before the general.

''You must be general Solaire? It's an honor to meet you, sir.'' she continued and offered him a soft genuine smile.

[member="Macharius Solaire"]

Macharius Solaire

M
"Indeed I am Cadet Foster." Macharius rested his arm. The orange optic lenses of his armors headpiece stared straight into hers. He could even see them reflected in her own blue eyes. "And thank you, but the honor falls on me to be in your presence. You sprang in to action to our distress call first. Hundreds, potentially thousands of lives were saved by your initiative Cadet. My own among them. Also setting an example to both our sides. Many may do the same and save yet more lives. Foster you are a true hero. On behalf of Denon I thank you for protecting the lives of her armies soldiers. For that I will be writing a letter of commendation to your commander Cadet. Perhaps with it you may move along in the ranks a little faster. My name at least has some weight, I hope." A chuckle escaped him briefly as his eye lock broke away towards the hangers shield door. He only wished he could reward her more someway. A ship would be something nice to give but since she was in the service it wouldn't be appropriate. Perhaps something smaller. Hmm...

Hundreds? Thousands of lives? A hero?

The general did not shy a word in his commendment of her actions at Mechis III. It naturally got the recently recruited cadet to blush slightly and lower her blue gaze as the general continued to inundate her with fine words of laudatory. She looked up again and met the glowing eyes of his helmet.

''Thank you, general...'' she begun and searched for words to continue. She were indeed very appreciative that the general forwarded this information, that she and her wingmans efforts had saved so many lives as the general put it. ''We were also under pressure there, many being caught up in their own fights. I was just doing what many others would have done. But I'm truly grateful to know that our efforts made such a big difference back there, sir.'' she stated and ended with a small assertive nod at the man.

The general said something else that catched her attention; Denon? They were fellow compatriots, then. Not being sure, but it felt like she could speak freely with the man.

''You said Denon, sir? I'm happy to meet a fellow-countryman in all of this... I'm also denonian, sir.'' she said, still a bit taken of the earlier commendations.

Macharius Solaire

M
"Are you now?" Macharius sharpened his tongue but did not look back at her. "Well now I don't know whether to arrest you for serving a foreign power; or give you a medal for service to the nation." Mach turned a little more on his heel to face the void of space. Humoring himself over what emotions Foster might have just run through very quickly over his statement. "No. I am no longer Prime Minister and that is a civil matter. I believe just your commendation will suffice as reward, and I'll overlook the matter entirely. I believe that to be fair, wouldn't you say Cadet Foster?"

It was hard to know if the general were serious with his sudden statement, or if he was just pulling her leg. A slightly puzzled look, quickly turned to one of skepticism appeared on her face and she searched for words to reply with. She were about to say something but stopped in her tracks. It was even more difficult to read the generals signs if he left any, because of the armor he wore. However, she did not have to reply, as the general continued their conversation a few seconds later.

''Absolutely, sir. And I'm very grateful for that.'' she replied with a short nod and followed his gaze out of the viewport and into the void of space. It felt best to leave the matter right there, because of the uncertainty on how to take his statement.

The generals armor was something else that raised questions in her curiousness. She wondered if it was in some sort of honor to the fallen to wear it, if it signified something traditional within their ranks, or if he simply was on his way to another mission. Yet being a denonian, she had little insight of their military structure as she left the planet soon after finishing school.

''Excuse me for asking, sir... But, I couldn't help but to notice your armor...'' she begun and tried to add just a tad of humor to the later sentence, it was very obvious that he wore an armor after all. ''Are you and your forces shipping out for yet another mission?''

Macharius Solaire

M
Playing with the young woman in jest was all good and fun for him. He needed the humor after that bloody battle. Mach hadn't even a moment to relax since and exhaustion fought him to rest. "My armor? Well no Cadet. Not for some time. I just arrived from the space elevator a short time ago. The situation on the surface can be handled by the CIS. And I have to get these refugees off this station. Denon is just here to protect this shipyard, permanently. It is an asset to the state and its future. In fact I will request more soldiers and pilots to that task. Saving the civilians was the right thing to do down there. But beyond the elevators on the surface we won't be preforming any further operations beyond them." Mach stopped himself from talking about operations further. Not knowing what the CIS intentions were on Mechis III he would be wise to keep his cards close to his chest. Macharius brought himself back to bear on the cadet.

With a change in tone to a more carefree and cheery voice Mach switched the conversation to a different topic. "My place is more here though. I always recklessly fight in battle when most Generals do, and should be commanding from behind the lines. Can't help it though. Especially when I have such a vested interest in this Shipyard. I do happen to be the owner of it. Enough of me though Foster. I didn't ask you here to listen about me. I'm more curious about you. Since your Denonian, why join up with the CIS forces?"

Despite the hard time she had reading the man, she could not deny that it was a bit like a stone fell from her chest when the generals voice changed into a more relaxed one. A skeptical smile grew on her lips, uncertain where she had him right now.

''Well... Where do I begin?'' she begun rethoricaly and shrugged her shoulders lightly. ''Pretty much right after school, I applied for the flight academy at Carida... So, I guess I simply didn't have the time to be honored into the ranks of our planetary forces. Sir.'' she explained in defence of herself, accentuating the 'sir' and still pointing out her utter respect for the home forces. Being turned 32, she were no longer an unwitting teenage girl but an outspoken woman of firm beliefs. The general did not seem to put all too serious blame on her for not joining their own forces, but she guessed it still bugged the high ranking officer at the back of his head. He seemed like one of those dignified and proud ones that pretty much lived for his work.

''I met one of their soldiers and ended up being her flight instructor...'' she continued and smiled at the rather unexpected way to slip into their ranks, and the times with Scherezade behind the yoke were truly interesting ones. ''I joined them soon after... I guess my place is out there. In space.'' she said with a longing gaze out of the viewport then looked back at the general. ''Not being stucked to a particular place. Actually, this was my first sharp mission in a CIS ship.''

Macharius Solaire

M
"Was it now. Heh, guess that means your a Nugget. Well I gotta say you fly much better than a piece of chicken as results show." Macharius reached up with both arms and grabbed his helmet. He was getting sick of being stuck inside the stuffy thing. With a good grip and a twist he popped the seal and brought it down to rest infront of him. His grey hair was matted from sweat and being pinned under the helmet cover and his skin was none better from exertion. Mach was not a young man. He didn't let that stop him still. "You had it easy today though Cadet. Whether you were born to fly or just want to, you'll face real combat soon enough. I've laid siege to many worlds. It is utter chaos for a pilot. When flak is bursting all around you, or enemies on your six. That missile alarm never shuts up and time stretches to infinity in the heat of battle. I want you to have in the back of your head as you fight for your very life this day ingrained in you."

Macharius pointed over at the thinning crowds of people boarding the transports. Forming a grin as his inspiration kicked in to overdrive. "You fought for a noble cause above yourself. It is not a soldier who fights for personal strength. Or pride." His pointing finger aimed itself at Kathryn. "It is the one that fights for a good noble cause that can be the real master of any battlefield. You can fail yourself, but you cannot allow for yourself to fail them. That's how I take it anyways. With more than a trillion souls I've vowed to protect on Denon..." Mach paused himself for a few seconds. "I've never given up despite loses, and setbacks. I've never felt I've failed them though. I will keep marching back to the battlefield to wherever or whatever it is. Its something like that I want out of you Foster. It will help you push beyond your limits as a pilot. You may not entirely grasp what it all means now. But all heroes have to fight for something right."

She kept her blue gaze on the general as her curiousness were about to be stilled with the helmet coming off. She weren't surprised when it did, too. As expected, a man of his rank and words of choice had years of experience and many battles behind him.

'Nugget'. 'Born to fly'. She were not exactly those words personified back at the academy, except for the few instructors that looked beyond her strong will and creativity. She blushed slightly inside.

''It's kind words of you, sir. It wasn't exactly my first flight hour, though...'' she hesitated for a second, not knowing if the general would hold a grudge to her former service in the Republic, but the CIS recruitment officer had not so she figured he would not either. ''After graduating the academy, I was offered a job in the New Republic Navy so I guess that helped me to where I am today.''

''I agree with your every word, sir.'' she continued and paused for a moment, thinking back at the battle and the feelings that had exploded in her when they had picked up the generals distress call. ''Initially, we were put on hold at high altitude above Paradiso... Not knowing wether we would get called in or not... And it was...'' she looked out of the viewport again and then back at him with a serious honest face. ''Frustrating, to say the least. Hearing your distress call, there wasn't realy an option staying up there.''

A short chuckle left her and she shaked her head slightly, gazing sideways out in space again before yet again looking up at the general. ''If we haven't been granted permission to engage, I probably would have done it anyway...''

Macharius Solaire

M
"It can be frustrating when your commanders are too passive, or defensive. There is reason in the chain of command, whether you like it or not. It is not worth sacrificing your career over. Even the right action can have consequences. Your options in the heat of the moment must be weighed of course. In the end it is your choice and I'm certainly biased since you saved my ass. A future situation for you through." Mach rapped his fingers against the helmet. "Now then, I need a coffee and somewhere to sit. I'd still love to learn more about you, and ask some future thinking kinds of topics. If your alright with that Cadet?"

She had heard those words before, almost the exact same ones, many years ago back at Carida. Of course, she completely understood what the general meant. It was wise words of a man from a long and supposedly strict military education and experience. If she had done the same things,to her free initiatives realy, in the First Order... She might not have seen the cockpit of a fighter anymore in her life, or worse. It was almost like listening to the principal of the academy again, or an old teacher trying to teach you something that you hopefully would bring with you your whole life. He instilled respect and dignity.

She nodded softly after taking in his words, but left them be without comment. There realy was no need for one, her expression must have said that she paid good attention to his words.

''Sure, why not.'' she replied and flashed him a sweet and true smile, shrugging slightly with a tap with the hands agains her sides. She felt she could begin to relax, at least a bit, in the presence of the high ranking officer.

''I'm not-'' she stopped abruptly. ''familiar with the coffee joints around here, though. Would you mind leading the way, sir?'' she continued with a soft chuckle after finishing searching for words to build to a sensible line, slightly surprised but happy by the offer. He looked like he needed one or two cups, indeed. And maybe a shower, but she were a soldier just like him and did not realy have a problem with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom