Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To touch the core, is to touch the heart(Lords of the Fringe Dominion of Lujo)

Sargon nodded his head to her words, physically unmoved he sighed as he looked Ashin in the eye. "We need a figurehead, my Lady, and you're the only one who it can be. You're the only one who will step back once the threat is ended, I'm not asking you to rule with an iron fist, I'm asking you to remain at the front visibly. Who else is there to lead us? We have no other admirals or generals of note, our politicians aren't warriors in truth, and while I value them all they don't serve the role. How did you ever become Sith, my Lady, with all your nobility, and clarity, how did you find the passion of the dark side more powerful? I judge not those the path a person takes, but with you it simply doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps you were another person then, but the question doesn't really need to be answered, I shouldn't be prying. In the end you can defeat me, my Lady, we both know that, and if you think I'm wrong put me down. If you think this compromises us as a people, put me down, it will not deter my loyalty to our cause."

Lowering his head the Zabrak sighed softly as he exhaled out his emotions, his eyes closing as he drifted along the pulling of the Force. "The galaxy is in turmoil, the Force itself is in imbalance, the Light acts as the Darkness and in it's rush to purge the Sith I find the light fading more in my mind. The Fringe is the only place a man can be what he deems right, and I won't take that from you, my Lady, if you do not doubt your choice sheath your weapon and so will I. If for one moment though, you think my words true then strike, and I shall reply. The balance is in danger, and those are the days of true suffering for the galaxy."

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Two more frigate-sized battle platforms found themselves orbiting around Lujo. That was half a dozen now. Granted, it was a half a dozen -unmanned- weapons defense platforms, but they were indeed out there, a deterrent to any would-be invaders. They'd be filled up once the political situation on the ground was fixed, he was certain. It was so nice to see a plan come together, to see an idea formulate, get drawn out, and then created all in a day. It was an unnatural process, such a swift creation, but one he had a good reputation for. As the cogs cranked and turned and engineers readied the next batch of defense platforms Valik contemplated this world, it's impacts, it's environment. A simple world of oceans and mountains, there was little special of it, save for it's galactic location. A stones throw away from Coruscant, Atrisia, Fondor. Most fortuitous position, if one could keep it. Plus, if the Republic ever didn't play nice, he could have the opportunity to raze the galaxy's most famous ecumenopolis.

He needed to prepare. Valik began an holonet search on what sort of creatures could eat metal. He'd alter them all some day.

Rekali the Hutt

R
The Arkanian Shreeftut and his reptilian guard and preisthood landed finally, atop a high mountain, this one not yet disturbed by Rave Merrill's buildings and machinations.

"It will be here. Set up a perimeter." The golden Ssi-Ruuk growled in his language, one that had taken Ardak Serifen much time to learn, but he could now understand it. Ardak nodded, and motioned for the Red warrior caste members around to him to fan out, make a perimeter. He held his SR-01 blaster tightly, a bit oversized for his species but he had adapted well enough. The Ssi-Ruuk paddle beamer tech along with conventional blaster tech had lots of utility, along with the feature of being an unblockable combo by lightsabers. He didn't expect to face any of those here, but it was always good to be prepared. After all, the Ssi-Ruuk believed if they died here they'd be denied entrance to the Fourth Egg, their afterlife or heaven. Ardak respected the Ssi-Ruuk's beliefs, and had event taken to reading the G'nnoch, their holy text. He wanted them to know what hurt them hurt him, and to be the best leader he could.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

"I became what I had to be. In another life I'd have become someone else, someone who didn't inspire fear -- someone who didn't need to inspire fear."

Winterlight rose into a careful guard.

"I'll accommodate you; you've earned that much acknowledgement that I value your counsel and your agency. How you can be a leader of such people and not see that you have the potential for the throne -- well."

She struck, then, a step and thrust for his gut.

The blow came in a straight thrust for his gut, and he reacted with a simple twist of his shield. To take the full blunt strike on a shield was to sap your own strength, but twist it, change the angle of the incoming blow and it simply slid off the heavy phrik's surface as he turned it towards his side, and stepped in thrusting with his own blade towards the Grand Admiral's chest. They were opening moves no more, the Zabrak more hoping to get a feel for this powerful user of the Force, who's name sent chills down Jedi Grandmaster's backs.

"I have no need of thrones or crowns, I'd be a usurper, but you are chosen by the people to lead. This is duty being forced upon you, not taken. If I forced my will on others without their desire it would not be the same, as you accepting what fate has put on you. If it helps any, my Lady, you do inspire me, but never with fear."
@[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Winterlight's tip glanced off the shield, but her arm was already coming back like hydraulics, because that was how you fought against a shield you couldn't break -- fast, probing. On the way back in, her blade dipped, circled, came up, and threw his stab wide in Winterlight's crosstree. She took a step back as he spoke.

"What the people have forced upon me, they can force upon you. Don't take breaks to talk, Sargon."

A whirling, two-handed, overhand strike crashed down at his right shoulder with enough momentum to power through your average one-handed block -- and thus, it was a ploy to get that shield up over his face for an instant, block his line of sight. Which it why her next strike came over and around to slash at the side of his left knee.

Null-burst projectors. Insanely rare, proportionally expensive -- stunguns on steroids, at a capital starship scale. Paralysis weapons. They came down in fast transports after a proportionate wait. Ten of them -- four at the cardinal points of the base, six on the excavated mountain peaks, covering all entrances to the fortress without putting it in their line of sight. Each got its own generator, encased in rock. Rave got in there with the load lifters, applying her limited telekinesis when necessary to help. Without question, when coupled with the mines, the razor wire, the stun traps, the enclision grids, this fortress was going to be something like untouchable on the ground. Massive surface guns and trenches stood ready to handle walkers and tanks.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]'s blow came towards his shoulder and as expected he made the move to bring his shield up against the blow. The shock was jarring, but it would be the same on Ashin's arms. The blow towards his knee wasn't a complete surprise though, and while Ashin was far quicker then most it wasn't the first time anyone had ever attempted it either.
It was her speed that caused an issue as he felt the warning in the Force as his leg pivoted back and behind his right leg, pulling his body around including the shield. The burning line of pain against his leg wasn't enough pressure to take his legs away due to his movement, but it was a clear error in judging the woman. He did have one clear opening in his mind though as the pivot of his hips cleared the shield from his sword arm, and brought it in a broad slice towards her hip, using the power of his arm and adding the power of his spinning into it.

The terrorists were dead, sargon was safe and the colour red was calling for him. He put his saber away and gathered his men before returning to his ship. Collapsing onto a chair. He hated poor people and he hated rebels, his hatred for Poor rebels was indescribable. Just being around them made him tense, he was glad to be returning to the fortress where all the poor people knew their place.The ship touched down at the fortress and Lucien went back to his rooms, He found a cup of tea a comfortable chair and a massage therapist waiting ... and his beloved colour charts of course. He sipped his tea and relaxed whilst contemplating the correct shade of red to use.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]

Ashin continued the momentum of her strike, twisting her right hand over to invert her blade as she turned left. That crossed her left arm under her right. Sargon's blade slammed into Ashin's slightly lighter weapon just where the crossguard met the blade. Sith alchemy rang on sith alchemy.

She untwisted her arms -- blade skittering on blade -- and slammed Sargon's sword down at his head with hers on top of it.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik scrounged about as his reptilian engineers continued hard at work, popping out another two not-yet-officially named Bobison-Class Defense Frigates. However, after putting the two in orbit one of Ssi-Ruuk men came to him.

"We have run out of supplies." He said, and Valik reasoned it was a valid excuse to stop work. The Lwehhk Aleph Class ships had just made four small frigates each, he figured it was only natural they'd run out of ships eventually.

"Contact Ardak Serifen's fleet and ask for provisions, as well as the use of any Lwehhk Aleph-Class ships they may have in their possession." He ordered, and they scrounged out to carry out his commands. Eventually it seemed some compromise was made, as smaller ships began heading towards his, scanners detecting them full of cargo, and a couple of Llwehk Aleph-Class manufacturing ships joined his pair.

"Send them a message with the blueprints and tell them to begin construction." He ordered, and the Ssi-Ruuk got to work. 8 defense platforms down . . . however many left to go.

Break wondered why he had been summoned here in such a fashion. To leave everything he had been doing at the time merely because "Time was of the essence!" @[member="Rexus Drath"] was his friend however and he did warrant some importance to Break. So he hurried to Lujo in search of his Mentor.

Rekali the Hutt

R
As Ardak kept his senses keen and his rifle ready, he could hear the onset of growls, snarls, and other such utterances from the golden Reptilian beasts behind him. It was hard to tell what they were saying at this range and with Ardak's lack of practice with the language, but he could tell from the tone that it was one of reverence. The Consecration Ceremony was a long one, but one of massive importance. Ardak didn't personally believe in the "4th Egg" nonsense that the Ssi-Ruuk did, but what planets were and were not Consecrated determined what planets he could and could not send troops to, what land he could and not could defend in case of invasion. An important distinction, one that not only strengthened his connections with his new people, but also with the Fringe itself as one of it's Governors. He just hoped he'd get it done in time.

Rexus Drath

Lujo, a world of beauty and oceans. It was a wonderful world and since Rex was now getting his paycheck from the fringe it made sense for him to be here and help out with the good folks here who did kind of invade them but Rex was pretty much over that. The whole giant republic death machine thing caught up to them and they did not want to ride the republic's "freedom" train that was riddled and covered with bullets. So here he was just trying to help where he could. They would help set up some fortifications on this world and make it theirs.

"Break!" catching up to his fine robot friend Rexus smiled at the now grown ass man bot and smiled. "I really hope this works." Rexus looked down at his teammate and waved. " Let's go set some stuff up." @[member="Break"]

"hahaahahhahaha" Break could not hold the laughs in he was just too happy to see his friend and gave him an embrace. after a short heartfelt reunion Break asked his friend what was going on.
@[member="Rexus Drath"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom