Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To The Taris Scene, A Freak Doth Come

In 844 ABY, the unthinkable had happened.
The galactic population had mysteriously halved in a single, orchestrated moment.
CHAOS reigned.
Science went unchecked...
Now: Taris, Undercity

"Get the friggin' door open, man!"

"I've got this, bro! Get off my back!"

Two men were nervously trying to get an access door open on a recently crashed transport ship. Local criminal gangs found a good mark and took a lucky shot. These two had been the closest and were trying to quickly grab what they could before the gangs came to pick the vessel clean before the authorities set up a militarized perimeter.

Finally, *HISS!* The door slid open and their bickering turned to silence as they squinted inside the foreboding, dark interior of the downed ship. The creaks of the settling wreck sounded like bad omens. It was almost as if someone or something was still crawling around inside...but, it had to just be the ship, right?

"You first, poozer." A light shove was met with a frightened swat of hands.

"Back off, jerk! I got it open, so you---Woah!"

Both men ducked and jumped away from the opening as a dark figure sprung out in between the two of them and out of the ship.

"What the frell was that...?!" was all Rocu heard as he dashed off into the non-claustrophobic night of the Undercity.

"You don't get it, Dave. A jellyfish would definitely beat Frankenstein if the fighting area was knee deep water. Frankenstein lacks too much coordination to stomp a squishy, underwater jellyfish. At the very least, Frankenstein would lack the bare minimum interest to stay and get stung while fighting a jellyfish, so he would simply leave and forfeit the fight to the jellyfish."

"That's stupid and you know it! It doesn't take brains to reach down and pick up something as big as a jellyfish, then squash it with giant, dead hands!..."

A pair of service workers got off the elevator and missed the dark blur that was sneaking around in the darkness behind them. They both continued their heated debate and didn't notice the elevator ding and stay open a little while longer as something tripped the motion sensor.

The man twirled the small case around in his hand underneath the fine dining table cloth. Everything was perfect. The music, the meal, the atmosphere; it had all come together and his love was truly happy. Her eyes sparkled with happiness at the sight of everything. She smiled every time he spoke to her. He was filled with joy around her and he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life. He swallowed the lump in his throat and dabbed his mouth off as he started to get up.

"Danielle? There's something most important I must ask you." He scooted his seat back and then got up to walk around to her side.

"Yes, Alex?" replied Danielle as she watched her long-time boyfriend get on "bended knee". She could barely contain her excitement. It didn't even take female intuition to figure out what was going on.

"Will---" was all he got out before something crashed through their window. Food went flying and drink was spilled every which way. The intruder accidentally tackled into Alex and the ring case went skittering across the ground. Danielle started screaming, as did most of the restaurant goers when they saw a full view of the creature that was Rocu.

Outside, police and news speeders hurried to either set up a perimeter to ensnare the monster or catch the juiciest footage of this developing story. It only took Rocu a few seconds to get over the shock of the people before he kept running. He made his way for the stairs and tried heading downwards.

[member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="Pyro"] | [member="Cronus Uturn"]

".......Perhaps it is all nothing more than a wishful dream. Perhaps it is all a hope of a better tomorrow upon the wings of a dragon. However, darkness shall never be combat with its own tools successfully. It is only within the moment that the people forsake the darkness within that we may be able to combat the darkness without. No hope of a better future resides within a present that is carved in blood through carcasses."

The Gen'Dai nodded at the conclusion of his article as he gave it the final once -over. He had been asleep for over 200 years, sent catatonic during a massive space battle. When he awoke he was even less pleased with the state of the galaxy now than he was during his time. The wars had gotten worse. The bloodshed had increased. Through a number of anonymous letters he was sending in to local papers under the pseudonym "Bishop" he was hoping that he could make a difference. And so far it was starting to make a stir. A moderate stir, but at least some were beginning to hear towards his thoughts. Thoughts that he had held onto for so many years they were aged beyond all hope of modern likeness. But these ideas did not even originate with him. Time ago beyond measure Gen'Dai before him held to remove themselves from the galaxy. They held that nothing would ever change, to attempt it was futile. Perhaps the Prosecutor's mentality stemmed from some twisting of that.

The massive humanoid form rose from its perched position on one of the massive space-scrapers. Stretching to full height it brushed over seven foot, an unnatural state for any being that was not a Gen'Dai. Prosecutor let his nerve ending-composed body tense and relax, letting every cell take part in the ritual before he stepped off the ledge. Down, down, down, the hulking form went before landing on his boots. The duracrete cracked and bowed under his weight and impact. Unaffected, Prosecutor began to stoically make his way down the street. Where? Only time would tell.

[member="Rocu"]

Neivon

Spirit of the Shadow Guard
He should've expected something like this to happen when he took a shuttle to Taris. The place had always been subject to pollution and other weird things. His only reason for coming here was to find bounties on runaways trying to get out of black market deals. The amount of credits he could've received would certainly make up for all the missions his employer sent him on thus far. Head-hunts, artifact finding, even something as simple as scanning the area. They were definitely odd jobs and Neivon didn't know why some of them were even necessary.

Well, none of that matter anyways. Why had his peaceful afternoon tracking down targets been interrupted by this? People were running around him, some tripping and falling down as they were trampled upon. The impact of the bodies were still not enough to toss the bounty hunter off his feet though. Neivon couldn't see from the distance what they might be running from, his glasses were crooked in his helmet. Taking it off for a brief moment, he readjusted his helmet. Looking to see the Alliance Military along with Media officials, they were arguing over something. It didn't matter to Neivon. He would need to investigate whatever was going. But it wouldn't be wise to go in without any further info. Taking the macrobinoculars from his pack, scanning the area and relaying it to his employer. He sunk into fleeing crowd, turning his holocom on.

"Six-Eyes," He said. "Could you give me a possible reading on the numbers I gave you?"

"I'm a bit busy." The Nautolan was typing furiously on his Holocomputer. He gave a glace at the readings, instantly becoming curious with it. It was never a good sign for Neivon. "But I'll see what I can do with this. Try to get closer into the area for now."

Disconnecting his holocall. Neivon looked out at the ruined structure. There could be swarms of officials in there. He needed a distraction.

[member="Prosecutor"] | [member="Rocu"]

Deepest levels of Taris: somewhere between levels 1-30
Population: No known sentient population gatherings

The hissing had gotten worse, his steps had gotten raged and slower, exhaustion threatened to settle in. Sliding over a small wall in his way the sith lord tripped and rolled through until his back hit a wall, the impact was hard, causing the air to leave his lungs and a coughing fit soon ensued. The clicking hisses began to grow slightly louder and he looked up, blood dripping through the air filters of his mask and making it look as if the masks chin area was bleeding. 'This might have been a bad idea.' He thought as he saw the creatures responsible for the clicking hisses.

Skeletal in outlook, with chitin plating covering their bodies that reminded of malnourished humans except they had no eyes and their jaws were without skin with their teeth exposed. They had been placed there by the Sith Lord six months earlier and left to their own devices. What he hadn't counted on was their ability to breed so amazingly fast caused them to evolve quickly as well. Now the buggers could scale walls and celings with ease as they came barreling down the corridor that had lead to their lair, or rather their hive as he had found it. What had surprised him the most was that there was not a single living member of the first sixty generations of the creatures left as they had begun to eat their own for fear of leaving the hive believing that the orders Erebos had given the first generation to be a gods wish for their way of life. Now however they had seen a beacon, their eyes in the force something their creator shared and a sith lord shone in the force more than those untrained or just beginning their training in the force.

After seeing the Sith lord enter their hive they had stopped and stared at him but when he commanded them they had attacked, to them he was the most delicious meal they had ever seen and Darth Erebos would not be a meal to his own sith spawned creations. With a raised hand he let loose a torrent of fire from his palm to incinerate the creatures which made them back off momentarily as their brothers and sisters were burnt to a crisp. The sith lord began to cough again as he gripped his chest. "Great a few broken rips won't kill me huh?" He said sarcastically as he forced himself up and supported himself against the wall behind him with one hand while the other hand held over his chest. "I deem this experiment a failure." He mumbled as he got up and began to center the force into himself to allow him to heal faster, but he'd need time to fully heal.

The hissing clicks began to come back down the corridor. 'Chit' He thought as he noticed the piping around him. Igniting his lightsaber he cut through a few of them and the sharp and hot steam that began to pour out would buy him time. After that he began to limp down the corridor as he made his way towards the lift corridor to take him up a few levels. "I'm going to need a fire team here with me.." He said to himself as he began to go through the events that had brought him to that moment.

[member="Prosecutor"] I [member="Rocu"] I [member="Neivon"]

Pyro

P
"Gaul Dangit!!!" Pyro kicked the limp, charred body aside. The Seventh Alpha had yet again hit another dead end about her siblings and was even more pissed off then the last time. This time it had been a bounty hunter that had been hired by the remnants of the Project Alpha scientists to hunt down and capture their rogue science experiments. In a fit of rage at another failure, Pyro had mercilessly killed and burned the hunter to a crisp. Leaving the alleyway, her pale skin smeared with ash and blood

"It's a shame that he died quickly; I wanted to see if he had anything more to say." Suddenly, Pyro felt herself on the ground. She groaned and stood up, and finally noticed the commotion going on. Police and newscasters were quickly surrounding a building with screaming people running out of it. Grabbing someone within her reach, she pulled them down to her level and forced the startled man to make eye contact with her.

"What's going on?" The man stumbled over his words, but after a minute she deciphered a few words from the mumbling mess.

​"Scary.. beast.. restaurant.. trying to escape..." Leaving the man to continue on, Pyro vegan to walk towards the scene, the adrenaline from her earlier fight rising again.

[member="Darth Erebos"] [member="Neivon"] [member="Prosecutor"] [member="Rocu"]

Neivon

Spirit of the Shadow Guard
Luring Ferrazid Hounds and Bogstalkers wasn't as difficult as Neivon though. All he simply did was agitate them and started running for his life back into the main city. Simply. There was practically no resistance at the entrance. Which wasn't a surprise considering the number of Alliance officials he saw. Some of the creatures did lose interests of him heading for screaming citizens who were still trying to leave the city. It wasn't Neivon's concern of course, his main goal was to get in there. Besides, he couldn't think of any other distractions. These were animals, as in they were detained and not killed or neutralized as they would've likely have done with Neivon. Besides, if the bounty hunter fought these officials in the first place, they would certainly request backup and he certainly would be dead in no time.

Neivon felt his breath come on even harder, despite the boost he used with his rockets outside the city, it was still a long run to get towards the ruined cantina. He couldn't slow down otherwise he would become food for the Womp Rats. Or whatever small creature that might live here on Taris. Neivon wasn't much for biology.

Relief began to show in his eyes as he saw the investigated scene, he just needed to get a bit closer. He felt his adrenaline pumping even harder in his system, and with a final step he rapidly turned, running for an alleyway. Hearing none of the beasts chasing him, he looked back to see the success of his plan as the creatures attacked the officials. Now he just needed to find a different way in.

[member="Pyro"] | [member="Darth Erebos"] | [member="Prosecutor"] | [member="Rocu"]

Current time.

The beeps indicating each passed floor resounded in the lift as he lay against the far wall with his hand over his chest. The pain had grown from an unbearable ace to a numb memory as he had gotten used to it and his force healing had begun to knit his body back together again. A small drip of blood came from his mask as he raised himself to sit against the wall and removed his mask to spit out a large phlegm of spittle and blood. Then he put it back on as he then looked towards his lightsaber as it lay there before him on the middle of the lifts floor.
The beeps were getting faster now.

Four hours earlier.
"Is this wise my lord?" One of the two troopers that had accompanied him to Taris. "What isn't wise about this Clark, He made the things they should obey him." The second interrupted the other. "You know what I mean Barthion. Keeping the things here instead of on a sith controlled world were he'd be more easily able to monitor them is what I meant." Clark replied causing Barthion to shrug. "I suggest you two stay silent, the creatures are blind so they hear quite well." Erebos then said as they began to have to squeeze through the narrowing corridors that they were passing through before they reached a large open chamber that had been covered in pipes, duracrete and steel but now it seemed to have been covered with something else. Dead tissue that stretched across the walls and seemed to have hardened into what looked to be easily identifiable as a prepared hive.

Gathering the force into his hand and raising it up as they reached the middle of the chamber, Erebos let out a force echo, a skill of his own making that saturated the area in force energy that allowed him to see even better than those that had physical sight. However in doing so he heard loud hisses begin to emanate from not only the main chamber but the adjacent chambers and passages as well. It was easy to notice that the troopers were unnerved by this as they raised their blaster rifles and began to aim around as the creatures seemed to come out of the very ground around them and some even from the walls. "Calm down." Erebos said as he reached out with his hand towards the foremost creature that stood before him. "Kneel" Erebos ordered and the creature seemed to begin to kneel before it roared towards Erebos and ran at him, clawed hands ready to rip at his flesh.

[member="Neivon"] I [member="Pyro"] I [member="Prosecutor"] I [member="Rocu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom