Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the rescue [Jiaa]

Before Jonas fully cut ties with the Sith, he made one last visit to Dromuund Kaas just for the hell of it. "I just might actually miss this place.." he said, "then again, I'm going to finally get to go wherever I feel without garnering much attention..hopefully." Jonas was ready to leave the Sith now that he had the skills he needed to protect himself in the future. That's the only reason he even returned to the Empire after his first master's death.

It was a rather cool night in the capital. With the new Emperor on the throne, the Sith were more on their toes than before. "Jayli, I'll take two of those oranges, please." Jonas said calmly to the young merchant girl he knew. She threw him two of the oranges, free of charge. With a quick nod and warm smile, he continued on his walk through town.

@[member="Jiaa Sol"]

In the distance he could hear him, the yelling irrational voice of his Father, yet Jiaa did not pause to think or even acknowledge his Father's words. Years before his big sister had been taken from him, and that was the last he had heard of her; now his Father wanted to ship him away, too. What if Jyn had been killed? Officials on Korriban had stated her abrupt disappearance from the Academy, and all ties and traces to her since had been cut. No, Jiaa couldn't allow them to catch him and kill him too! His Father could yell all he wanted.

As the child ran through the streets of Dromund Kaas' Capital, near the giant Citadel which housed the Sith Lords he had been raised to both admire and fear, his heart rate flourished. Men would be sent after him, he knew, but he would not return. No, he would find a way to avoid them and the idea of being shipped off to his death. I thought Father's loved their children he solemnly thought when he finally turned a few twisting corners and stumbled to a halt not too far from a marketplace. Maybe he could lose them all in the crowd. He knew he was being silly, he needed a long term plan to avoid them for good. With his Mother sadly gone Jiaa did not care if he never saw his Father again, he was simply determined not to fall into the same trap that Jyn did.

And so he slipped into the market...

@[member="Jonas Vile"]

Jonas bit into the orange and it's sweet juices dripped greatly around his mouth. He walked down the street with a warm smile on his face, admiring his surroundings one last time before leaving Sith space for good. The multiple voices around him spoke of many things. Folks bartering, haggling, sharing stories. Under the Empire's rule, it seemed these people were happy and content. Jonas gave a few waves to people he recognized in the market. He didn't want to let them know he was leaving considering they might try to stop him.

Jonas took a left turn at the end of the street and a child ran right into his legs. A youngling."You look tuckered out there, little buddy. You bein' chased by a rexu or somethin'? What's the matter?" Jonas said, helping the boy off his feet.

@[member="Jiaa Sol"]

BAM

He had somehow managed to run right into the legs of someone. He stumbled back and ended up on the floor, shaking his head to try and reorientate himself. When he finally lifted his gaze up he froze. "Oh no" he whispered to himself, for he had run right into the kind of person he'd been trying to avoid. An adult, male like his Father. A panic spread through the boy who found himself lifted to his feet moments later. His eyes were wide and he immediately tried to run away; that is until he heard the voices of his Father's Houseguards. Fear seized the tiny boy who paused a few feet from the man he had just stumbled into, eyes widening substantially. He could barely even breathe as the men came into view, shouting after him.

Looking between the man and the guards he was at a loss as to what to do, trapped between both parties. His eyes welled up, lip trembling. He just wanted to get away.

@[member="Jonas Vile"]

It started to get pretty hectic pretty quickly. This little boy was followed close behind by what seemed to be hired guards of some sort. Jonas placed his hand in front of the little boy and gently pushed him behind Jonas. "Don't say a word..I will handle this." the former Sith whispered to the boy. There were about three guards running in Jonas' direction and they did not look too particularly happy.

"You there! Give that wretch to us or you shall suffer the same fate as him." one guard demanded.

Jonas stopped to think. He looked down at the boy then back at the guards. "This boy will be let go but he will not go with you." Jonas replied, hand reaching for his saber.

The guard growled menacingly. "Then die!" the guards charged at Jonas, swords ready to attack. Jonas smirked. From his waist, Jonas revealed his saber hilt and ignited the blade in a flash of bright orange. With ease, Jonas dispatched the lowly guards with swift strikes and clean cuts. Jonas then sheathed the lightsaber and knelt down to the boy. "Are you alright?" Jonas asked sincerely. "What's your name, son? Where you from?" he also asked.

@[member="Jiaa Sol"]

Everything happened suddenly, and before he knew it he had been placed behind the man he did not even know and protected from those who would do him harm. He could hear their words, and the man's defence of his person, and the little boy grew increasingly confused; why was a random stranger seeking to aid him? Taking a few timid steps back he found his back up against a stall, while his wide eyes set upon the scene before him.

Swiftly the guards who had found him were dispatched, but Jiaa knew more would come soon. He turned with the intention of running, after all this man had a lightsaber and Jiaa did not trust men with lightsabers, not since they took away his sister. But before he could the man was before him, speaking to him. He was not able to turn his back and run, to do so would be rude.

Shuddering the little boy looked up into the eyes of this stranger, nodding his head just once. "M-More will... Come..." he confessed, voice barely more than a whisper. "G-Got to go..." He took a few steps back but this man continued to ask questions. "He's mad, I-I can't stay... O-Or I'll disappear too..."

@[member="Jonas Vile"]

Immediate confusion embroiled within knight Jonas. He thought by now the boy would know that Jonas was a protector of the weak and helpless. His Sith days were completely behind him. With the men looking for him dispatched from life, Jonas had the chance to actually talk to the boy, but he was still scared. It probably was not the appropriate thing to do in front of such young and innocent eyes.

The jensaarai knelt down before the young soul and offered him an orange. He gave off a warm smile and an approachable aura emanated from the man. He wanted nothing but to prove to the young boy that there was more to this galaxy than darkness. There was still some light out there. "It's okay, son. No one is gonna hurt you." he said calmly, orange still in hand reaching out. "Slow down, kid. Just take a minute to breathe. What's your name?" he inquired sincerely.

@[member="Jiaa Sol"]

Little Jiaa looked so torn for what to do and in the end he just halted in place and looked down at his feet. He felt angry with himself, why hadn't he just run when he could and left this place already? And why was he so fearful of disappearing anyway? What if by disappearing like the Sith wanted he met his sister again? The overload of questions bombarded his mind until he dropped to his tiny knees and threatened to sob. He didn't, but he was close to all the same. When the man knelt down to his height the little boy looked up and watched as the Mandalorian Orange was offered across to him. Could he, no should he, take it?

Finally he took it, this man seemed to want him to have it after all. Stuffing it into his pocket for later, realising that in his haste to leave his Father's presence he had neglected to pack a backpack of items, he bit his lip and stated at this man. "J-Jiaa..." he whispered, looking edgy, practically bouncing on the balls of his feet. "P-Please, I need to go..." His voice broke with the last syllable and tears began to fall before he could halt them. Why did things have to change? Why did Jyn have to be sent away? Why did his Father want them gone?

@[member="Jonas Vile"]

Jonas sighed and searched the area for any more guards that could be in search of the little boy. His better nature told him that he could not leave the boy to whatever trouble he may or may not have caused. "Alright, slow down buddy. I'm gonna get you outta here to somewhere safe, alright?" Jonas said to comfort the boy. "Alright, Jiaa, you're gonna be alright. Just stay close to me." Jonas began to walk off, with Jiaa's hand in his, towards the spaceport and Jonas' ship.

The long pathway through the markets towards the spaceport seemed to go on forever. The spaceport eventually came into view but there were two guards at the entrance. Jonas took a moment to think about his options. One option stood out before all of them: a head-on attack. "Alright, Jiaa. Stay down and stay still." Jonas whispered to him before walking out into the open. Jonas grabbed his two lightsabers from his hips and activated them. Their bright orange hue from both sabers glowed brightly as he walked over to the three guards in front of his escape route.

"You're in my way.." The men continued to stand at their positions. "We cannot let you leave, Jonas. You know this." one of the troopers said. "I know. And you know you won't be able to stop me." Jonas replied. The troopers pointed their guns towards him and were ready to fire. Jonas looked at them square in the face and showed no emotion on his face. Jonas took one of his blades and cut straight through the troopers' blasters only to open them for a quick slash through both of their abdomens. The troopers fell to the ground as their flesh singed from the heat of the lightsaber. Jonas looked back over to Jiaa and nodded to him to assure him it was safe. "Come on Jiaa. We're gettin' far away from this place." Jonas said before heading to the command deck of his freighter. Once inside, he began the take off sequence and, in a matter of moments, Jonas and Jiaa would be far away from Dromund Kaas to somewhere safe.

@[member="Jiaa Sol"]

At present there were no guards, as they had initially split up in search of him. Truthfully it would be a while before any stepped upon the market place to search for him, but Jiaa didn’t realise as much and his stress and panic levels were rising. He practically trembled in place. What will Father do? he couldn’t help but think, didn’t want to know the answer… But he had little choice but to man up and face it. When the man began to walk off the little boy had to hurry to keep up, the sensation of his hand in the man’s an odd one; his parents had never treated him like a child, he had been isolated and raised to govern, nothing more and nothing less.

Already having been exhausted from his fleeing, the boy began to lag and relied upon Jonas’ hand to lead him on. Suddenly, however, he was told to lay low. Stepping to the side the boy ducked behind a small pillar and waited for the sign that everything was going to be okay. An exchange followed, half of which the little boy missed due to the noisy nature of the Capital. All of a sudden the guards were down, upon the ground, and Jiaa was being called over. The little boy rose up, looked each way for signs of further hostiles, and hurried on after Jonas. Why was this man seeking to help him? Jiaa could not answer that, but he was a welcome change to the nature of his Father and his men.

Moving up into the ship the little boy stared around, before moving across to take a seat. Where were they going? What would Jonas do with him now? Jiaa was pretty certain he’d never intended to take a child with him when he decided to leave DK. "Where are we going?" he finally whispered, eyes set at the transparisteel window and beyond.

@[member="Djonas Vile"]

Djonas' ship rose from the spaceport and flew off into space. The former Sith turned to look at young Jiaa as he came to the deck. "We're going somewhere safe. Somewhere far away from the cruel Sith. We're going to Vassek, Jiaa. A place where guys like you and me will be treated how we are supposed to be." Djonas replied. The ship managed to escape Dromund Kaas and immediately went into hyperspace, heading for the safety of the future Fel Empire.

@[member="Jiaa Sol"]

The little boy curled up against the seat he had chosen and continued to watch as space flew by past the window. He was unsure how to feel; happy, sad, maybe even excited? All he knew was that the day had been long, tiring and stressful, he was in the presence of someone he did not know off to force-knew-where... And yet he trusted this man. Looking across to him he studied his face as he piloted the ship. "I've never been away from Kaas" he admitted, biting his little lip in thought before huddling down under his jacket. It was cold in space.

@[member="Djonas Vile"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom