Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To the Plantcave![Karin Dorn]

"Damn, this castle is so fething large..." Elani whispered to herself in a frustrated tone. She was making her last tour of her new abode now that her father had went off to be the Emperor. Her last place she had yet to discover was the basement and whatever other rooms were situated down there. Each step she took down into the dark abyss echoed in the silence of the stairway. elani carried with her a lanern in order to light her way.

"Why the feth is it so cold down here..." she started to get annoyed and wanted to head back to her room but she had to ensure she knew about every inch of her castle.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Three guesses as to what's down in the basement.

If you said anything other than the name Karin Dorn then you could just go home right now. You're not ready for this, get on my level. Of course I'm going to have faith in you and say that you guessed that one former Queen and Sith Master Karin Dorn lurked below in the darkness. Well done you!

The castle on Thule held too much life for any true study to get done anywhere else but in the basement. It was a bit strange, on reflection that despite having no more ties to Thule that she still lurked around so much. True, it had been her home for many years but now she was long overdue to check out.

As soon as she heard the echo of footsteps coming down from above, Karin lurked at the doorway and peered up at the light birthed by the lantern.

“Mind your tongue, young lady,” she said sharply, scolding whoever was making their way down to her lair because it just wouldn't be Karin Dorn if she didn't act as if she were somebody's mother.

@[member="Elani Zambrano"]

Elani stopped in her tracks and looked ahead to discover where the voice came from. A woman, it was. A very strange looking one at that. Elani could barely tell who or what it was due to the dim lightning of the lantern. She continued walking towards the voice, confused and curious.

"This is my house last I checked..I can say what I want!" she replied defiantly. her small feet against the cold floor began to grow used to the feeling. Elani walked even closer to the voice and could see what was speaking her. "What in feth are you..." she said in an amazed tone of voice.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Oh, she was feisty, this would be sweet.

“This was my home.”

The Sith Master smirked as she began drawing upon the dark side. Not a difficult thing to do in the castle that practically oozed malevolence. She would create an aura, one of horror and dread. This was her speciality. Still cloaked by darkness, the rude young lady would begin to experience the symptoms of terror itself. This was her speciality.

“Until the Lord Zambrano slaughtered me.”

The young woman's mind would surely be turning to her fears by now. This was her speciality. The basement and the enshrouding darkness was merely the perfect backdrop. “Turned me into th̷͏̜̙̥͚i̵̷͍̻̫̫̖͠s̝̘ ̼͙̭̱̹̼͠À̲̤̰B̺̪̰̼̗̰͎̥̫o̹̣̤̟̗͕͙͕͘m͏̶͈̳̟̬̭̲̯̀ͅI̩͔̜̬̤̗̗̖n͉̱͇̲͙͉͈a͏̮̖͚̝͚̝̤T҉̮̯̮̦͢i̧̙̫̫O̼̻̳͍̘̝̖N̘͍͖͖̜̦̖͞ She was what lurked in your peripheral vision at night. What followed you up the stairs in the dark. What lurked beneath your bed longing for that dangling leg. There is no courage here. Only your insecurities, what makes you dread, makes you weep. Just give up. Let the darkness take you.

Karin snapped her fingers.

The aura of fear instantly dissipated and the woman took another step up, her smirking face finally illuminated, revealing that she was merely one of Circe's creations. Well, in body at least. It was an incredibly cruel trick to play but the Lady Dorn had requested that the young lady watched her tongue and she disobeyed. Don't worry, there may only be nightmares for a night or two, it was barely a tickle.

“I am Karin Dorn, the former Queen of Thule and I shan't be asking you to mind your tongue again.”

Elani fell straight to her knees as fear began to overcome her mind and body. Dark, wicked images came into her vision, attempting to instill fear into young Elani. The woman's voice grew malicious and evil as her words invaded Elani's mind. But, Elani's pure epicanthix blood completely blocked the woman's attempts at striking fear in Elani. They were nothing but images. Faint, gray images. And the woman's voice? Nothing but the wind.

"You're gonna have to do better than that...I am the blood daughter of Emperor Kaine Zambrano! Your feeble mind tricks will have no effect--" Elani paused and pondered for a moment. "Did you say Karin Dorn?" she inquired. Elani came by the name while touring the upper levels. "I have been searching for you. I heard your ghost inhabited these halls. You don't look like much of a spirit to me.." Elani walked closer to her, examining the humanoid plant creature. "Why are you down here?" Elani asked.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
She was a cocky little rascal, that was for sure.

Arrogance was a common trail amongst the younger members of the Sith, this of course was eventually weeded out and moulded into apathy, that is if you survived long enough to play the lassitude game. Being a cocky Sith either made you, or destroyed you. Really it depended on the trainer. There were those who did not put up with such nonsense, and those who would feed it.

The Sith Master cocked an eyebrow at the blood daughter of Emperor Kaine Zambrano. Was she just one of the many attractions, the freak shows to stare at within the walls of this castle?

Very astute,” the woman crowed, “I can see why my mind tricks failed to pierce your skull.”

Reeling in her barbed tongue for a moment, Karin withered (not literally) slightly. Why indeed was she still in this castle? Long gone were the days in which she could proclaim Thule's grounds as her own. It was most likely for the library, she had spent so long building up such a reputable collection of reading materials, a near infinite font of knowledge in which to dwell. Perhaps she'd take the library with her upon eventual departure.

“This is where I study, young lady,” she stated plainly, “away from the usual debauchery that takes place within these very walls. It would seem that I lack the libido that the rest of you ladies seem to flaunt around so much.”

A look of confusion appeared on Elani's face at the mention of the women that dwell topside. The sheer fact that Krain grouped Elani in with the sex-hungry fiends above frustrated her. "I may live among the filth above, but I am nothing like them. I plan on having them utterly expelled from this planet once I have the power to do so. If I ever do.." Elani stated in a serious tone at first which then turned into a saddened one.

Elani was looking for someway to gain more power but she had come up with nothing. It seemed not even being the Emperor's daughter brought suitable master's to her. She would have to do it the old fashioned way: proving herself. "Are you alone? What is it you study down here, anyway?"

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Karin smirked, the idea that Thule Castle would once more be sexually chaste was somewhat hilarious. Who knew? Maybe it was built upon foundations of sexuality. Perhaps that was ancient magic within these walls that caused those of a more feeble constitution to lose themselves in the most basic of pleasure.

Or perhaps the Emperor Zambrano surrounded himself with a certain kind of woman.

“Perhaps I am alone, but what might lurk in the darkness along with me? she teased, obviously not being serious.

Maybe.

“I study anything and everything, there are no downsides to having unlimited knowledge. From the ancient history of the first Sith themselves to the geological make up of Mustafar,” Karin said in conversational tones, “and how fares your studies, young madam?”

Elani chuckled nervously a little with her arm folded across her torso and hand holing onto the other arm. She hadn't even opened a book in her few months of being on Thule. Hell, she has done next to nothing since being on the planet. "Well I um..I have no studies, to be honest. I only just got here a month ago and haven't really the time to conduct any studies. I've been wanting to, I just don't know where to start, honestly.."

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
“Then we have no time to lose,” the Sith nodded before backing into the basement, not even asking the young woman if she wanted to learn. After all, everybody should want to learn.

The Sith Master's set up was surprisingly cosy, although it was a mild inconvenience for a body that craved natural light it was worth it for the peace and quiet that was afforded to her. There was a small lamp, an extremely comfy looking chair and a dishevelled pile of tomes, and datapads. Karin Dorn was truly the nerd out of the three Sith Lords.

“How far along are you?” she quizzed, assuming that the young Zambrano would be following along behind her, “What school are you most interested in?” Sorcery was the Lady Dorn's speciality, she had dabbled in alchemy but was merely adept and as for the path of the warrior, the less said about that the better; this young woman's father had previously gutted Karin after all.

Elani follwoed close behind her, trying her best to not disturb the woman's 'lovely' abode. "Nice little spot you got down here..Seems very..cozy." Elani stated nervously. Her violet eyes scanned the area and she was filled with confusion and amazement at Karin's devotion to learning.

"Far along?" she asked in a confused tone. "Could you be more specific..? Oh, and I'd like to learn Sith sorcery if at all possible. I was once a Dathomiri witch but they barely taught me a thing. Perhaps, maybe, you could teach me a thing or two..?" Elani questioned nervously.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Don't be confused by the avatar, flexible time lines, you know? Gotta roll with the change, keep it fresh, maybe put it in the fridge, save some for later.

Karin spun on her heel to face the girl, “I mean basic training,” her voice cracked like a whip, “your fundamentals. The Code of the Sith. Not dismembering yourself with your own lightsaber. The most basic universal Force powers.”

The Sith Master scoffed at the notion that the young Zambrano was once amongst the ranks of the Dathomiri Witches. Primitive savages.

“Prove to me your worth, and I may show you a thing or two.”

"Ummmm," Elani's eyes innocently shifted around the room, "I have yet to receive any training in the ways of the Sith." Elani walked over to flip through a crimson tome. She skimmed through the many pages, interested by the many symbols and strange words.

"How should I prove my worth, exactly?" Elani asked.

@[member="Karin Dorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom