Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Senator Beswin:

The missive from the Queen of Kuat and CEO of the Kuat Drive Yards was a short one, sent directly to the Kuati Senator's place of residence. Curiously enough it was hand written, but Alena would likely recognize the scrawling letters as none other than that of the Queen's personal Assistant and Direct of KDY's Operations: DiVanca Leonardi.

It has been some time since your last report from the Senate. Taking into consideration the events of the past month I have found it pertinent to extend you a convenience. I will be arriving on Coruscant in two days time. Ready your reports and meet me at The Silver Platter for lunch on the 17th.

Regards,
Lady Lorelei Darke

High Queen of Kuat
CEO of the Kuat Drive Yards

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

@[member="Lady Silencia"]

Being a senator in the Republic's senate was a rather busy thing, Alena discovered. But she had put forth her best efforts in striving to best represent Kuat in the democracy, and was shocked that she had been unable to send an adequate report from the Senate to the queen in a rather long time. Senator Beswin quickly typed up a letter back to the queen, and decided to meet the Kuati Queen in two days time as promised.

Two days later, Beswin was sitted inside the Silver Platter as requested. She had taken her datapad with her, so that she could fill the queen up on the recent events that were happening in the Senate and its Republic. She checked her watch and sighed. The queen could be rather displeased at Alena, for failing to send in the reports as promised. Still, the Kuati senator knew that the Queen could take some delight in the recent events occuring in the Republic.

There was no chorus of armored footsteps to announce the Queen's arrival, only the sweeping of fabric as the woman approached the table from Alena's back and the sound of her voice as she stepped to her own seat. On her heels, Kefka the personal Noghri body guard, moved to pull the chair upon which the Queen settled in a quiet, silent motion.

"Miss Beswin," Lorelei fixed the woman with the same penetrative green stare only this time it was accompanied by a smile that might've been ...amiable, "I am relieved to see you healthy and in one piece after that horrendous debacle at the Senate Hall. The news reports did not shine a very positive light on the Republic's ability to react and their paltry list of identified casualties left quite a bit to be desired. How terrible it must have been to witness - Republic soldiers running amok and Jedi squabbling while innocent burned and those two heathens ran rampant. Were you present during the attack?"

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

Policitians were rarely described as 'innocent', but perhaps the queen was referring to the citizens that had died during the event. Alena herself had been not present within the Senate at the time of the attack. She had been late to the legislative session, which had been lucky for her. "Well that explains the traffic jam..." the Kuati senator had said after she arrived at what remained of the Senate after driving through traffic for a few hours.

Senator Beswin immediately stood up upon the Kuati monarch's arrival, greeting the CEO / queen with a bow. "I am glad to see that you look healthy as well, your highness. The tragedy certainly had been unpleasant, the response from the Jedi and the Republic's military disappointing and unorganized at the most. Yet such an event seems to have put some sense into the Senate, my queen. The Republic is finally growing ...aggressive." she informed, remaining standing up and not sitting down out of respect until the Kuati Queen herself had sat down on the seat on the other end of the table.

"That is good news," Lorelei replied, "they won't maintain their hold by continuing their best impression of a doormat to other ravenous Empires. I should hope this incident has made a solid impression."

The Queen's eyes seemed lit by a fire of severe distaste for the way of things. She wasn't a woman who suffered fools readily, and so it had been that the pomp and policy of the Republic left a bad taste in her mouth for long enough.

A primly dressed man approached their table, gently cleared his throat and gave a sweeping bow, "Your Majesty, Lady Beswin, it is our honor and privileged to serve the High Queen and Senator of Kuat today. I am Rolan Delarose, owner of this fine establishment. May I offer you a selection of our best vintage Corellian Red for your meal today?"

"Please do," the Queen implored, "something light and not too dry."

"I know just the thing. Allow me to start you off with a sampling of the finest exotic caviars, cheese, and brael tartar."

Servers brought in platters, setting them down before the two women with practiced grace. They moved like clockwork, pouring each a tall, thin glass of crystal clear water before slipping away.

"Our menu for today," Delarose graciously swept a hand over a metal podium next to him, engaging the holoprojector that lit up a glimmering menu of blue before them, "I'll return with your wine shortly."

The man had not even glanced to the Queen's Noghri bodyguard, something Lorelei would give a rare credit for.

"How fortunate you were not present for the attack," she began again, "how frightful it must have been to witness. I would like to offer you some semblance of comfort and ease. I can arrange for a personal Honoghran Body Guard such as my Kefka here. There are none better at such a job than the noble and skilled Noghri warriors, this I believe true enough that I employ them to protect my own children." Lorelei tipped a brow at Alena in question of the woman's interest in such a thing. Noghri were rather beastly looking, but what they lacked in general appearances they more than made up for in loyalty and dedication to a job. Having something as intimidating at them following you around wasn't bad either, they tended to quell trouble before it even had a chance to grow.

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

Alena smiled at the lavish plethora of food options that were available in this restaurant. She knew she would be visiting this place more often from now on, if her schedule allowed for it. The Kuati woman could not help but admire the platters of fine exotic caviars, cheese, and brael tartar that were set upon the table. She doubted this place was where typical citizens came to eat a casual meal.

Beswin was about to begin talking about the situation in the Republic when Lady Lorelei talked about getting her a Noghri bodyguard. "That would be very kind and thoughtful of you, your highness." she said politely, casting a glance at the beastly looking guard behind the queen. "I would be very grateful to have a bodyguard."

After thinking for a bit, Alena decided what she wanted and tapped at the holoprojected menu, which let the waiter know what the senator wanted was the 'daily special'. Alena didn't really know what the daily special was, but she was sure anything provided in the luxurious restaurant would be delicious.

"You are aware ofcourse, your highness, of the massive number of ships that the Republic is ordering from KDY nowadays? I believe it will prove to be quite profitable." the Kuati senator said after a while.

"Very good," the Queen replied, "I'll see that you have one before the week's end."

She began serving herself from the assortment of hors d'oeuvres and nodded to Alena's comment, "Yes," the response was drawn out, a pleased smile pulling at her lips as she spread a sampling of brael tartar over a slice of brioche.

"Their order list is quite extensive. It's as if they woke up and realized they had enemies," mirth played in the Lady's eyes and she chewed on this notion and her food quite contently, "imagine that."

"I daresay they expect to wage a war, hm? Fill me in on this rumor, Miss Beswin," of course the Queen was privy to the decisions made in Senate meetings. Those had always been public material, but getting the words spoken behind closed doors was really what she was after. Better to know than to be taken unawares - Clockwork was a testament to that.

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

Beswin listened to the queen as she began eating. The food items served were quite excellent, smiling too as she remembered the Republic's increased demand for ships as she chewed away thoughtfully at her food.

Alena nodded when told to fill in the queen on the rumor of war. She got the feeling that the Kuati Queen knew already a lot on this, being the CEO of the Kuat Drive Yards and everything. The queen probably had ears everywhere and knew a lot, but Alena dutifully started filling in on the subject matter.

"The Republic has begun its securitizations, your highness. They seem to have finally realized how vulnerable they were, especially now that their legislative building has been destroyed. There really isn't more on this rumor, my queen. The Republic will be launching an attack, very soon at the Sith Empire, they're sending Jedi to Ossus, I believe." Alena reported. "You must have certainly know that, my queen, over the course of the last several years, the Republic was just trying to delay the inevitable. I quote this from hearing my fellow senators, that 'billions will undoubtedly die'."

"Of course," Lorelei replied with a nonplussed sigh, "they've always been rather engrossed with looking good. The planning and the doing parts always came long after."

Inaction had always seemed to be the product of the Senate, and with the governing body being the fuel of the Republic it was a constant display of going nowhere quickly. These things had always hinged on who lead the people - there had been some good, competent Chancellors, but those had been few and far between. The good ones never seemed to last long, either.

"I understand you've come into some new responsibilities within the Senate. What is it exactly that they have you coordinating now?"

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

Beswin nodded to the queen's inquiry in regards to her new responsibilities within the Senate. They were simply extended powers, and not much more. "My new responsibility includes overseeing a military committee and looking into the funding for the military and its technology, your highness." she informed.

The Republic authorities had made it quite clear, however, that her powers were severely limited. To sum it up into as few sentences as possible, she had to 'maintain an effective bureaucracy involving the Armed Forces and the amount of paperwork involved'. That had sounded like quite a lot of fun.

"I will, ofcourse, see to it that the Republic's number one supplier will be our KDY. With, ah, the proper resources that these new responsibilities that are provided to me, KDY will see the Republic as a much more frequent customer."

"Good," the Queen replied, "I would recommend a meeting with the Chancellor to talk contract renewal if the Republic wishes to continue business at the rates they currently receive. If the numbers are right we may even be able to strike a better deal."

"We have some... new technological developments that I'm sure he would be quite interested in, provided the talks are fruitful," work with the Protectorate had proven to be beneficial on many grounds. Not only did KDY now nurture what would soon prove to be a very profitable partnership with the CEC, but their latest venture would soon provide crucial cutting-edge tech to the Republic, putting them at them at the forefront just at the right time.

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

"I will see to it that the Chancellor makes the appropriate decisions, your highness." the senator replied promptly. As Alena saw it, unless the Chancellor lacked a brain, he would not pass an opportunity to strengthen and update the Republic's military.

"I sometimes wonder how the Republic even gets by without our technological developments. Relying so dependently on those Jedi Knights for everything... its no suprise that Coruscant gets sacked by Sith Lords every month or so, my queen." Beswin commented, thinking back on the disasters that happened every once in a while when Sith decided to march straight into the Republic's capital planet. Sometimes, the Republic seemed rather pathetic.

"The issue is not the technology, but the lack of cohesive military and partnership with the Jedi Council. Too many people believe the Jedi to be on the leash of the Republic. Never forget, Miss Beswin, the Jedi are their own entity. They decide for themselves who their enemies are. Most of the time it just so happens they're in agreement with the Republic, but as we've seen in recent events -"

Lorelei thought briefly to the decision of the Senate to ally with the Sith Empire and the backlash received by the Jedi from it.

"- we cannot always trust them to be on the same page. You can trust in your own people, however," the Queen remarked, "so long as they can trust in you. Hm?"

"Set up a meeting with the Chancellor when you return. The sooner the better. As a matter of fact, if you can manage it in the next week while I'm here on Coruscant that would be ideal. I can have the new Director of Operations flown in easily enough."

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

"As you wish, your highness." the Kuati senator replied, with a nod. She would be more than happy to set up a meeting with the Chancellor. In fact, Alena had tried a few times to request a meeting with the Chancellor. She had specifically stated her intentions for the meeting, yet being the fool that he was, the Chancellor had declined her request to meet. Hopefully he would accept her next offer to meet.

As Queen Silencia had stated, the Jedi were a separate entity. "Perhaps you are aware already, my queen, of the new legislation that I had proposed? It would have reformed and organized the Republic's military, and it had such strong support from all around. Yet, the Chancellor struck it down. Sometimes I wonder if its simply the Republic leadership that's being foolish."

"Yes, I did read the transcripts." Thank the Force for recording devices.

The Queen's lips drew thin, her expression growing taught with contained agitation, "This is why women should be at the forefront of the Republic's political Agenda. Vain as the attempts of the late Chancellor Ijet were, she had the right ideas. Her only issue was her youth and inexperience. I would have liked to see her grow in that position, but inherent to the controversy of her rule was exactly the problems posed in your legislation: how much and how far does the Republic allow the integration of the Jedi into their numbers? By all means, they are entirely separate entities and they always will be."

A frown pulled at her lips, "Your ideas were sound, but you built them on crumbling foundations. I never expected it to pass - the base issue must first be resolved. Perhaps it is something we can touch upon in our meeting with the Chancellor, but it's not something that will get resolved in one sitting with three people. Admirable efforts, Miss Beswin. I recommend you propose the legislation again, omitting mention of the Jedi. We cannot herd cats, but we can still feed and maintain them. Once they're domesticated, they'll come easier."

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

Alena nodded at the queen's words of why women ought to be at the forefront of the Republic's political agenda. That was certainly true. Men acted rashly and aggressively, especially in politics. In that sense, they were no different from the typical Sith Lords.

The senator did greatly appreciate Queen Silencia's review of the bill. "Understood, your highness. I will do as you have said." she said, giving herself a mental note to do as instructed. The Kuati woman ate a bit before speaking again, looking up at the Kuati Queen. "Is everything well back in Kuat?" she asked casually.

The Queen took to her wine with an air of bated satisfaction, green eyes lingering over her Senator with a knowing gaze. She smiled thinly, patient enough to allow the young woman her chance to steer the conversation for a time. All business aside, there was a time and place for personal conversation and for now it would be allowed. Alena, after all, reminded the woman of a younger version of herself - although she decidedly lacked a great deal of galactic experience that Lorelei herself had at that age. These were different times and Alena certainly was a different person than she.

How much blood did she have on her hands at that age? The Queen brushed her look of amusement away by dabbing at her lips with her napkin, "Everything is quite well. As a matter of fact, my Assisstant Lacey Hardt spoke with some of your family just the day before my departure. They send their kind regards. The Princess will be making a short return visit next month, you and your family are invited to the feast. Naturally I expect if things get busy you won't be able to attend, but if we work diligently and - pray for a miracle that the Republic will too, perhaps there will be time for enjoyment, hm? Wouldn't that be nice..."

@[member="Alena Beswin"]

@[member="Lorelei Darke"]

Alena chewed thoughtfully on her food as she listened to the Queen of Kuat talk for a bit. It was good to hear everything was okay back in Kuat. The senator had little time to connect with her family or her home planet during her stay in the Senate. Ah, so the queen's daughter was going to be visiting Kuat, that was a reason for a feast. "That certainly would be delightful, your highness."

After her remark, Beswin took a quick sip of her beverage before speaking again. It was possible that the queen wanted to talk more about Republic politics rather than things going on back in Kuat. "Have you heard of the recent incident at Etti IV?" she inquired politely. It was more than possible that the queen may have some things to say on the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom