Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
Prologue

In the span of only a few weeks a lot had gone in Carida system.
With the assault of Prime Ministers forces on Carida, in their failed attempt to eradicate the remains of the Imperial Remnant, there was much destruction and collateral damage.
Even worse was the civil war of sorts that erupted between the remaining Imperials as officers each tried to take command of the Remnant.
At first it was a stand off that lasted several days as eventually it boiled down to three officers, or would be Imperial Warlords, each vying for the loyalty of disparate groups of Imperials.
On the world of Carida below the planet's citizens and government at the time watched in hushed silence as the very sky erupted into violent explosions as the Imperials tore at each others.
Caius Flavian was on of those would be warlords.
He fought for his convictions, his principles the very nature of the and essence of the Imperial legacy of the Remnant and the Fel Dynasty.
For five hours the three factions fought.
With the Galactic Republic's military stretched thin and its recent civil strife brought about from the Prime Ministers own revolution Carida's government could only watch.
In the end Caius would arise triumphant although at great cost to the remains of the Imperials.
Both the opposing warlords retreated into the void.

Carida Civil War Combatants
  • Council of Merchants - Oligarchical Government of Carida -
  • The Revolutionary Front - Selectivists -
  • The Republicans - Militarists and Secularists -

Caius Flavian

21st Day of the Fifth Month of Galactic Standard Year 844 ABY
Republic Space
Carida System
Herald of Retribution

Even in victory I still could only taste defeat.
I gazed from my observation deck at the drifting hulks of the several cruisers and the ISDII that had been destroyed.
Such valuable equipment and weaponry now lost to the black.
Perhaps much of it could be salvaged but that would take a lot of time and effort.
I began to drink the bottle of wine that I had received oh so many years ago from Darth Veles.
It had been saved with my personal affects for an appropriate occasion and today sadly felt appropriate to drink to the end of the Empire.
It didn't matter that I had won.
Almost everything that had been fought for in the past now seemed as though lives had been lost in vain.
I was responsible civil war among my own.
It sickened me to contemplate the very failure that my cause had been.
The Empire under the Fel dynasty had been a noble cause, one which had sought to emulate the past glories that in today's age seemed next to impossible.
I sank in my chair and continued to watch the drifting hulks, the shattered TIE fighters, the bodies floating by, it was a graveyard of the Imperial Remnant.
I pondered on what my next move could be.
Perhaps I could dabble as a warlord myself.
A fleet and force for hire.
Lend my aid to any cause as a mercenary.
Yes maybe that is the path with which is left to me.
My thoughts were disturbed as a junior officer entered on to the deck.
"Sir, we are being hailed by the planets government."
"What do they want?"
"They wouldn't say sir"
A sigh would escape my lips.
"Let us go see then what these bureaucrats have to say."

Caius Flavian

"The situation is untenable! The Galactic Republic's Military Academy has been overrun by these terrorists! You must help us. We have been unable to reach the Republic's High Command nor Senator Drump."
The man's name was Faur Reagos, he was a member of Carida's Council of Merchants, and the situation on the world below was chaos.
The message contained as much intelligence of the ongoing situation below.

In the last week the system of Carida had experienced a great amount of conflict.
From the Galactic Republic's civil war as Prime Minister Lasedri's clone army had sought to "liberate" the system from Imperial influence.
As the Clone army struck the selectivists on the world below risen up.
Despite defeating the Clone forces the insurrectionists on Carida itself continued their fight hoping to overthrow the government of Carida.
Apparently there was even division among the Republic's 171st Assault Battalion as confusing orders had came down from the Prime Ministers office to aid the insurrectionists in "over throwing the Imperial regime on Carida"
A fight broke out among themselves on Republic loyalists and Selectivist sympathizers.
As domestic conflict spiraled out of control below my fellow Imperials and I were fighting among ourselves for supremacy of what was left of the Remnant.

It seems that now, as the closet military asset in the region to respond to the crisis below, an opportunity had presented itself.
First and foremost though a war was to be won.
I was left with only the Herald of Retribution and those few remaining warships who had declared their loyalty to me.
I still had the 3rd Storm Legion deployed aboard and the regiment of storm trooper marines stationed on aboard as well.
"Have Colonel Sanaka report to the FOCIC at once. Get me Commander Runo up here as well"
"Yes Sir"
With Princess Calvarona listed as MIA since the attack on Carida, Kara Runo had taken command of the 181st Fighter Wing.
This was a very thin rope to walk upon but if I could manage to save the planet from itself then the political gains could be enormous.
A gamble on the use of my forces.
I still had the hospital ship Her Majesty's Mercy.
So it seemed I could embark on a peacekeeping mission upon this world and perhaps save it from itself.

Colonel Sanaka had pledged his allegiance to Commodore Flavian.
It came at a price that was difficult to accept.
As loyal as a man can be to his convictions and principles now the Commodore had fallen from his grace as being an upholder of the Imperial Order by inciting civil war among Imperials.
It was likely those who Ral had fought alongside were now elsewhere fighting for new Imperial banners, likely the First Order or the various splinter factions that existed.
Now what to do for the good Commodore who had become no better than a warlord.
"What does that make me though to pledge loyalty to a warlord?"
He spoke aloud to no one while resting in his bed gazing at the grey ceiling as if an answer would be reciprocated by the cold metal.
"Pass word to Colonel Sanaka to report to Fleet Operations, I say again, pass word to Colonel Sanaka to report to Fleet Operations"
A call to duty was the only answer returned, but not the answer he sought.
Seven minutes later the Storm Trooper Commander, Colonel Ral Sanaka was in service uniform and shaven.
He took a moment to gaze into weathered eyes from the last few days of life changing events.
Dawning his cover the Imperial checked himself one last time.
A professional.

Entering the Fleet Operations Combat Information Center was like stepping into an estate room blended with a high end military equipment.
Crinan wood furnished a majority of the consoles for show.
Since becoming the Commander of the 3rd Legion Ral had been in this room more times now then he cared to count.
Lieutenant Commander was present along with several of the tacticians and strategists that staffed this department such as Commander Stark.
Ral was a little surprised to see Lieutenant Colonel Vora here but given short number of field officers left meant it would be prudent to have the Flag ships security officer on board. CDR Stark was Chief of Staff for Battle Group Retribution and also head of its N3 Operations Department.

"Commander Runo, Commander Stark, Colonel Vora" Ral addressed the junior officers.
Realizing that it there was now only two O6 officers in the fleet, him and Captain Zia.
Ral looked around and it seemed the Commodore himself was absent.

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Kara Runo was disgruntled.
In fact almost a slow undercurrent of anger had built up in her over the last few days.
It bordered on mutinous lines of thought.
Of course right it would be impossible to tell with her eyes intently gazing at the datapad.
Kara had gave everything to the Emprie and now it was shattered and pretty much gone.
Now that pretty much just sucked.
Pledging her loyalty to Commodore Flavian in moments leading up to the first salvo of turbolaser fire being exchanged between star destroyers in the skies above Carida was done without pause or thought.
Now though she questioned if it was the right choice.
Still the man was now no greater than the rest of Imperials who had fled the system after the vicious fire fight.
She shook those thoughts away as best she could.
Thoughts turned to how her leader must be feeling.
'Caius, your just a warlord now, I can only imagine how that feels to have watched everything you have stood for collapse underneath you'
She was looking over the intelligence reports that Commander Stark had handed her about the situation on the ground when Colonel Sanaka entered Fleet Ops.
"Commander Runo, Commander Stark, Colonel Vora" The Colonel acknowledged her and compatriots.
Kara put the data pad down and saluted the Colonel.
The other two did the same, but CDR Stark spoke before Kara could.
"Colonel, fantastic we can begin then!" Stark was always had a high level of enthusiasm.
"Yeah, Commander Stark here had just informed me of our new mission. Looks like we are fighting for the Republic some more..."

Ral was a little confused by this statement from Runo.
Commander Stark noticed the perplexed look and dove into detail
"It seems that the Commodore has decided to intervene on the world of Carida. Ever since the attack by Prime Minister Lasedri's forces and our withdrawal from planet side and well... you know what we were doing," he trailed off for a moment with his enthusiasm dampened by that same haunted look Ral had earlier "The planet has now been embroiled in civil war. It seems the population of the world have felt relatively oppressed. Selectivism has taken root here and the people rose up in revolt against the Merchant Council and Military. Its not just Selectivists though there are a number of factions involved in this conflict beneath us"
Ral interjected "So why does the Commodore want us to commit our forces in fighting what is a domestic problem and really the Republic's problem..."
"Because Colonel I see an opportunity for so much more..." A familiar voice would ring out from behind him.
"Attention on deck!" A voice barked.
Ral snapped to attention.

Caius Flavian

"Because Colonel I see an opportunity for so much more..." I spoke entering Fleet Ops.
"Attention on deck!" One of my Guardsmen barked as they entered the room with me.
Everyone jumped to attention.
"At ease" Everyone relaxed.
I had just returned from the observation deck as the Colonel posed the question I knew would be on everyone mind once we committed to this operation.
"Carida represents an opportunity for us. A new beginning a place from where we can build fresh and new. This war on the surface below is almost a beautiful representation of the chaos and strife that now engulfs the Galactic Republic on all sides and within. If we seize control, install order and discipline once more beneath us we can perhaps turn this into a world of our own design."
I strode up to the group stopping just short of joining them around the dais.
Forget crawling away into the dark recesses of the galaxy. Forget turning to those who cling to the past. Let us take this planet for ourselves and rule it. Let us reap the resources of the Republic and mold this world into our image. It sounds crazy and almost bizarre but how we go about achieving this will take time and patience. First it means we help Carida return to order then we bring it prosperity and peace and it will be ours."
I approached the holographic dais that the group of officers and chiefs stood around.
"To do this we must strike accordingly and support the correct factions on the ground. Once we give our support the terms we dictate will be the reward in the end. This is a revolution taking place and who the victor is will be the new government. We install ourselves in the government or put in place a puppet government. Either way the people we choose should ones that the Republic would be satisfied with. The selectivist terrorists will ave to be rounded up and either exterminated or imprisoned."
I nodded to Commander Stark "Pull up the Capital."

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Kara's anger abated a little, but the plan sounded too far fetched.
Either way though if it mean't she would get to shoot something and release these emotions then she would go along with it.
She picked up the data pad again as Stark adjusted the hologram to show the capital city of Carida Central.
"Commodore based on the reports it would seem that the Republic's Military Academy has been looted?"
Commander Stark spoke before the Commodore did "Pardon me Commodore, Commander, the situation with the Republic's military in system is dire. It seems that Prime Minister Lasedri had ordered the 171st to mobilize in support of the Selectivist "protesters" at the time Lasedri's main force entered the system a few days ago. However the order was countermanded by Republic High Command and there was division among the republic troops that led to some joining the Selectivists and others mobilizing in support of the Caridan government. The result was a brutal fire fight in base itself although there are still the commando units present and who ever may have survived from the in fighting"
"Countermanded?"
"Yes it seems the Galactic Republic is in the midst of wider civil war and Carida is just one arena between the Senate Loyalists and the Prime Ministers Revolutionaries."
"So who the hell are we going to support?"
"Good question," spoke the Commodore who leaned a little toward the hologram peering at the dimensions of the City "hmmmmmmm..."

Ral gritted his teeth at the situation.
The Commodore's plan was a long shot and if that it would be a bloody affair.
"Sir, surely we are not going to consider supporting the Selectivists? Do we support the Senate Loyalists?"
There was a lot at stake here either way it seemed that picking a side would not benefit if the other side won.
Ral would be surprised by the answer the Commodore would give.
"Neither!"

Caius Flavian

"Neither!" I said simply.
"We won't be openly pledging support for either faction of the Galactic Republic. Instead we will be embarking on a peace keeping effort on Carida. We will force a ceasefire and instate an armistice. Allow them to begin negotiations, bomb the negotiations, blame one of the factions or simply remove the factions all together and install a new government" I said as though it would be that easy.
I knew it wouldn't be, in fact it would be like trying to disarm a live thermal detonator.
"Our goal though is simple. Whoever in the long run or short run wins the wider civil war will have a world not embroiled in conflict and returned to order and become a viable strong point in the Republic's military defenses. Carida sits right on the Perlemian Hyperspace route. It is two jumps away from Chazwa and two jumps away from One Sith space. If the Republic Falls there are only a few galactic powers left to fight against the One Sith. This is no longer for Empire, this is simply making the strategic choice on the path of bringing Retribution to the One Sith in the name of her majesty Kista Fel..."

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Kara was surprised by the Commodore's words.
It mean't that despite everything he was still fighting for the cause he had sworn an oath too.
If not in the form an Imperial government but the essence of the Empress's principles which many us had joined in the first place when the Remnant had formed at Crina.
Determination grew and that anger abated even further.
"Sir, where do you want me?"

Caius Flavian

I looked at LCDR Runo and then over to Sanaka, Stark, and Vora.
I switched the hologram myself to a much wider map of military installations on the planet. Many of them were temporary Imperial fortifications put up in our former sphere of influence.
"Well that is a good operational question isn't it. Right now I've been in contact with the leaders of the selectivists who pretty much told me to frak off. The Council of Merchants and their military leaders. Along with the Republicans who might be the group we'll be supporting," I paused then jabbed at one installation on a hill side,"First things first we need to establish a beach head. Taking the Space Port along with Fort Stalwart would grant us a solid defensive position. From there we can put Her Majesty's Mercy in orbit and begin ferrying wounded civilians aboard. We'll set up a safe zone ten clicks out from the Fort as a safe zone for Internally Displaced Persons to find refuge." I zoomed out from the Fort itself to the distance I spoke of.
"With what army units we have left and perhaps a battalion or regiment from the 3rd Legion, we'll fortify this region and respond to any hostile elements with brute force. The Herald of Retribution will hold orbit above the capital in the upper atmosphere. With it Captain Zia will conduct orbital strike support as needed. Colonel I'll need your legion to deploy to secure the capital. Hopefully the intimidation effect of an Imperial Star Destroyer will quell the fighting long enough for us to press for a cease fire and begin peace talks..."
"Commodore, I suggest that my Storm Trooper Regiment be deployed with establishing the safe zone. My marines will allow the 3rd to operate at full synchronicity." Spoke up LTC Vora who looked to the senior officer Colonel Sanaka for approval.
I nodded to this suggestion "Perfect, then Commander Runo and Colonel Sanaka you two will be leading the main force onto the capital. Stun weaponry if possible but lets limit collateral damage. We don't want to come across as invaders just as liberators. My intent is to pacify and allow them to begin sorting out their problems. Then we'll make our next move based on how things go..."
I looked around to everyone, "Questions, input, am I mad?"

The humor was something Ral always enjoyed in lifting the mood of things.
He nodded his approval to LTC Vora.
"Commodore, the plan sounds fine to me. Everyone here just needs to make sure that your intent gets passed down. Things among our own forces sit in a daur mood. I guess further combat might help uplift morale if its not our own we are fighting but a victory from this would really help rally the men and women to your banner."
Ral began to consider how long it would take to get the 3rd readied. "Sir give us six hours we'll be fully readied"
He looked over to LCDR Runo then to LTC Vora.

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Vora spoke first, "My regiment will be readied in two, we'll also spur up the remaining army folk we have and deploy dirt side en masse. Commander Runo with your fighter wing as assistance we can seize total control of the star port in less than an hour."
Kara looked over the geographical location of where Fort Stalwart was. It was near the Space Port and the safe zone. "Right, Colonel Vora the 181st will be proud to gain air supremacy, allowing your marine regiment to do what it does best, seize and defending. I'll need at least a battalion or company at minimum to take stalwart in less than an hour so that my bombers can rearm and refuel there. We'll then proceed to begin making ion bombing runs of hostile forces until the 3rd Legion is readied for deployment. We'll return to the Retribution and again refuel and rearm and then launch in support of the 3rd."
"That can be done, I'll see how we transport. We'll have to use some of the 3rd's landers in the initial landings"
Kara set the data pad down again then smoothed her uniform.
"I guess this means we won't be leaving pub space for a little while longer..."

Caius Flavian

"Perfect, then we'll commence Operation: Caridan Peace Keeper at 2200. Commander Stark you'll need to drum up a public broadcasting message, see if our few ISB friends left in the battle group can assist you with that. We want to make it very clear that our goal is to bring hostilities to an end so that a new government can be formed."
I looked around at these few officers then left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom