Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Keep On Giving

Tana’s feet crushed against the finely cut grass as he paced along the garden floor, letting out a small sigh in conjunction with the motion. In his hands sat a small black box, ornamented with a flower pattern wrapping, inside a hand crafted item that would serve as the second gift he would give someone during the life day celebration. Even though it was the second gift exchnaged this week such an item would be far more important along with the person whom he would give it to, a certain Jedi Knight by the name [member="Drystan Marakos"]

Why had he invited the blonde Jedi master to this small gifts exchange? Many reasons persisted,she had become a familiar friend that was always fun to train with, quite the eye candy to if he was willing to admit, but most of all was the stocking exchange that happened not long ago. During that event many people gave and were given gifts, himself receiving a SMG of all things, but out of eveyone there only Drystan seem to have lacked a gift.

It had been a strange occurrence and kind of made the young man feel bad for the skilled women, so in the spirit of the season he had gone ahead and made one more gift. Such gift was once again a hair ornament, crafted with the utmost care, infused with a healing enhancement, dyed with the color of violet. It was simple, pretty and pratical, though for some reason it felt more important, a small amount of nervousness rising in his throat.

He could only hope the blonde Jedi master liked his choice of style and had a use for hair ornaments, Tana taking a deep breath as he waited for her at the Temple gardens.

Kashyyyk's season had turned.

A chill had crept into the air; present even during the daylight hours, more often than not. Great sweeping winds brought rain in the day and a soft dusting of snow on cold nights... Rarely did such a pleasant change of scenery remain beyond the first hour or so of the dawn, but it provided precious relief from the steady heat of the jungle planet. The planet's inhabitants, native & otherwise, considered this time to be one of contemplation & recognition of familial ties - an appreciation of life, of friendship, and of simple pleasures.

The Silver Jedi of Silver Rest, high in a mountain range, remained beneath a soft dusting of snow. The smell of woodsmoke mingled with the sharp edge of cold air in the lungs & nostrils... an invigorating sensation, unlike the murderous chill of planets like Hoth which could freeze the blood. Separated from the weather beyond, the Gardens of Silver Rest were permanently enclosed by a powerful environmental shield which kept the internal atmosphere as comfortable as a day in Spring - warm & free from the changing of the seasons. Drystan Marakos, Jedi Master of the Order, had received a surprise invitation to this peaceful place from one of her companions in the Order... and she had come, as requested.

The expansive hallways, warm and inviting, spread out through the complex. Beings from across the Galaxy, Jedi & not, buzzed about in the background... some celebrating the holiday while others went about their business as normal. The Jedi woman arrived within the Gardens, loosening the sash around her waist which held her robes closed... they fell away, revealing the soft grey tunic and dark pants many Silver Jedi chose. Her long blonde hair fell down her back, cascading down her shoulders like a waterfall of honey. She took a deep breath, filling her lungs with warm air; her eyes closed for a moment as she stretched out, blending with The Force, then returning to the moment at hand.

It did not take her long to find her companion & fellow Jedi, [member="Tanaski Yumi"]. The man was beautiful... deeply calm like herself, and easily lost in the peaceful hum of the Living Force... but Drystan was familiar enough with the assassin's presence to identify him. She found him pacing in a small clearing, broadcasting her presence rather than concealing it.

"If you keep pacing like that, you'll wear a rut in the ground." She said with a playful grin, approaching the lovely creature. She bowed, speaking in Atrisian: "Konnichiwa, Yumi-san. Ogenkidesuka?"

Tana adjusted the belt holding his tunic one last time, such being one of the few events he wore the more traditional outfit of the Jedi, it's color pattern resembling his long flowing hair, a nice shade of brown, the tunic being lighter then the pants. In addition the young Jin didn't have his iconic ponytail on, letting the brown bangs hang from his head, it's length cascading down the mans back while he awaited the other Jedi, which was sooner rather then later. In that moment the blonde haired women had made her presence known throughout the ambient garden in the middle of the temple, donned in her own simple but still quite fashionable robe. It was always impressive to see how easily Drystan was able to slip in and out of being noticed, quite the role model to look up to in the Jedi shadows, no one could compete with her skill.

Turning fully around the two Jedi faced one another, Tana letting out a small chuckle at her joke, it was true to some extent but still only a joke, another surprising think about oh so calm women. As they exchanged greetings once more the words of his mothers native tongue came to ear, Drystan's accent always being a treat to hear. So few among the Silver Order could speak to fluently in his main language. making time spent with the Jedi Master all that more enjoyable, especially when everyone else had no idea what they were saying. "I am doing well Marakos-sensi, I hope the day has fared you in a similar matter", he replied giving a respectful bow in return. "You are probably wondering why I invited you out here on such a lovely night into the gardens".

Even with all her skill in the force the future forever remained in motion, never being fully comprehensible and if not, well the fact Drystan showed up just meant she saw the gift exchange to be of value. Not doubt the pulsating healing aura of the force infused object was known to the Jedi master.

[member="Drystan Marakos"]

Drystan smiled, cheeks rosy & flushed from the change in temperature from outdoors to the warmth of the gardens. With her fingers, she fanned her robes out then ran her fingers through her hair - allowing the warm & humid air which pressed in around them to circle her body & chase away the last vestiges of the chill. A soft breeze swept up, and she took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the scent of flowers & greenery.

The beautiful blonde approached a small bench which sat in the shade of a tree. Nearby, a stream trickled by infinitely, barely audible... a pleasing background noise. She eyed her companion, patting the seat beside her; an invitation for Tana to join her. "Indeed, I am..." She said, thoughtful. There were a number of reasons why the Jedi Knight might seek her counsel - warriors, they were, and friends besides. She could feel the feel hum of the Force radiating through the land around them, and also a powerful pulse of energy from within him... but she could not sense specifics, except for a feeling of excitement and nervousness. If he sat beside her, she'd rest her shoulder against his, coaxing him to open up to her. She cast a glance around them, admiring the sights & sounds of the tranquil place. "It's unlikely you know this... but I often come here, even during short stops at the Rest. There's no other place like it... on all of Kashyyyk, or any planet I've been to."

"I'm all ears, friend... How can I help?"

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Tana watched with anticipation as the attractive blonde made her way to one of the benches often used for meditation by the Jedi. It was quite the peaceful location, an very ambient temperature along with the almost silent calming atmosphere. His face flustered a bit as she indicated to sit on the same seat, himself giving a small nod before sliding up next to the Jedi master as a small breeze flowed through the area. "Well it is nice to know I can keep some secrets around you", he joked in response to her own words, letting of a small chuckle, which was soon silenced as he felt her body come up against his.

In that moment Tana's hear skipped a beat, face becoming even more flustered as he felt Drystans head resting on his shoulder, the long strands of golden hair making a cushioning feeling. It took a great deal of resistance not to slip into his flirty persona and start to stroke the long locks of beauty that cascaded down his chest, Tana once again taking in a deep breath to calm his nerves. "This place, it is quite peaceful I can understand your reasoning for coming here... perhaps I will make regular visits as well, but as for this one, it is not so much what you can do for me but what I can do for you".

With his left arm Tana produced the wrapped up box, laying it on his lap. "During the Stocking Swap I noted that you did not receive any gift and seeing as in the last few weeks we have become close I decided to make something for you".

Drystan's eyes went as wide as saucers, and she turned her gaze toward her companion - speechless for a moment.

Unused to being noticed, she found it difficult to accept when others thought of her. Though she'd been present in the Order, she'd only recently begun to truly make friends... much of her life was entirely consumed by her work, and in years past, she'd been more often on her own than not. The gesture [member="Tanaski Yumi"] offered struck the woman deeply - though she concealed it, well enough.

"Oh... my..." She found herself at a loss, and suddenly laughed. "You really shouldn't have... that is so sweet."

"I guess... most Life Days have been pretty lonely affairs. This was the first one I've celebrated in a while, as it was."

Steadily, she eyed him. "Thank you... for thinking of me."

A grin blossomed across her face, childish & playful - a sudden turn, but likely a welcome one. "You... made it?"

Drystan was just as good at hiding her emotions as she was her over all presence but in this moment Tana could read the Jedi master like an open book. The expression of surprise on her face being quite the interesting site, contrasting with the women's usual personality. It also meant quite a lot to be one of the first people to properly interact with Drystan in such a social and slightly intimate fashion.

"Even if you say that I had to, you seemed quite lonely during the celebration and are one of the only other shadow Jedi I am close with". "That and well, I think it would look good on you, the gift that is", he replied, still blushing quite a bit.

"Well yes, it is kind of a traditional aspect of my peoples, Riben-Jin value hand crafted items, most notably swords, almost every Riben-Jin is taught blacksmithing from a young age and make's their first sword by themselves". "All I did was put my skills to use in making this gift for you, go ahead open it". Taking the small box he handed it to the blonde Jedi, the anticipation increasing with each passing second.

Drystan couldn't help but contain her excitement as she reached out, taking the package from her companion. She listened with all her attention, enraptured - especially because Tana had crafted the gift himself. She'd heard rumors of the Jedi's skill in crafting... but the package he offered to her wasn't large enough to contain a weapon.

The blonde woman's eyes sparkled like tiny supernovas as she carefully began to open the package... peeling away the paper one piece at a time. When she finally laid eyes upon the gift, her eyes went wide and her mouth fell open in awe.

"Oh... my..."

A small tear fell from the corner of her eye; the rare glimpse of emotion a crack in the woman's armor.

"Tana... it's... gorgeous..."

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Time seemed to halt as Tana watched the blonde women stare at the ornament inside the box, her words, when they came were like a fire work rising into the sky before exploding in a shower of color. The amount of emotions Drystan showed in this exact moment though small was very noticeable, for one such as her to let go and feel, it sent a way of accomplishment through Tana's body.

He leaned over slightly, placing an hand on the women's shoulder, "my people call it a , it is a type of hair ornament worn by women, mainly gesha but it's still a popular item for anyone to have". "The main flower section attaches to you hair like most ornaments while the string with bells and petal on the end flow down the side along with your own hair, I think it would go well with your long blonde locks".

"What's more traditionally they were meant to help ward off evil spirits and protect the user from harm". "As such, well it is force infused with a regeneration's power, healing a user of woulds as force heal would", he explained before looking back into the women's eyes. "You need helping trying it out"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom