Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private To Craft Exceptionalism

DkrLb7Tbjke_a7FBdjy-NF5ylM8B3g_ADIlpffB_pA1xB0q233qmS9bgwD0MOyYrYNlkreLXENZs6E3f5CddSCUnRXumTQoLb1_6nPnzp6q_xn5Iaes_1sUKWKb8Wo2Yu2yTtczuInD6pljXX-cdvNm9MlUmhDsYCTeIX9T6IZwgbIih4eszEuY6u98SVA

9twUnCBeUMg2PWjlN-Ph3od89ApzdskjPayD85Zy1oBQG7qi2EIc52tbkuq4zlMlH2m6PcAwYAK2Yf7Gy8A5xdyjDa0w8Ch_xwz6dsKCCrVV0W1Xq3lzmfkJ5vfzllweGn1XSKH2IFKLmopJQ8f-O0YGVRSlg--ttDc2641XtBgUp1oB4SUk3O9g9jQwcg

Relic Of A Bygone Age

Tags: Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund

"I'm sorry...I wish-...I wish we could've had it better." Tavlar says, slowly making his way toward her with careful yet heavy steps he seems to raise a hand slowly and carefully, offering a tender caress of her cheek, pressing his true fingers against the burnt and scarred flesh long healed over.

"If we win this...in the end...I still want that for you." Tavlar says, speaking in the specific term if only because he doubted his own mortality in the coming war.

The faintest chill crept up her arm, servo sprawled out on the smooth alabaster base. In the shadow of the monolith, Lyra alone stood there peering up at the bronzed visage of Irveric. The hour before dawn was coldest and the distant blue flood light illuminated the statue’s form. There he was again frozen in time with his enigmatic state and war wounds, looking across the Victor’s Fields. Coin and token alike had begun to litter the statues feet from graduating classes and her digits skimmed over the top a faint metallic chime of coins following as they were scattered to the ground. There would be more in half a standard year’s time, more notes, more trophies dedicated at the heels of their dear Imperator.

Would be starry eyed men.

The woman’s boots were mute against the grass as she circled the monument. She knew there was no viable reason to linger here..after all this time, but part of her had imagined him here still a shell or not. She had sat through hell for a time at his side, she imagined he wouldn’t have minded her grief.

They would never exist..together, again. Her very breath was dragged out of her lungs, chin dropping as she felt the first crack. Another year gone, and after all this time he had given her an out. He had simply lost himself in the end. Her gaze grew clouded, weighted down. It was better..far from perfect but it was... Her other hand came to the statue base, glove softly patting the stone-slow to pull away.

It was enough.

Minutes passed before the hour turned and the surrounding ground buildings were the first to catch the system’s sun and Lyra waited in the dark and watched it rise. Illuminating the valley in a fiery gold, Dina crested the hills and its warmth reached her face. Lyra Voikryt face twisted, blinded as she chased away the only visible sign of distress, blinking. It was only then, spurred on by the first trumpet blaring across the College awakening its denizens, did she part his side.

To carry on the torch another day.

With each she followed the light’s edge across the green field, walking the length. Her hand smoothed down the length of her white lapel coat before it dipped into her pocket. She ran her tongue over chapped lip and produced a smoke, placing the roll at her mouth as her hand guarded the flame of her lighter. Her gaze fell upon the figure dressed in black lingering where dirt gave way to concrete as she inhaled the first relieving breath; a cloud of smoke trailing behind her. She knew the familiar impression, a hum in her minds eye who it was before she could make out any feature or face. The installation was a stark background of steel now alive with activity, windows of glass beyond began to stack story upon story. The first rotations of corpsmen emerged for formation. Her eye flickered then to the panel at her wrist checking the time.

“Good morning ma’am.” the all too familiar voice of Ban Arroyo called out, and greeted her.

He offered her a smile that she found herself nodding in return, a hint of a smile ghosting her face. The woman snuck another drag off her cigarette before she would answer. The Zabrak appeared polished in ebony uniform-both of them unfettered finally by the confines of armor and weapon. For today at least. A sight to behold for the journey that had taken them to this far reach of the galaxy. Her brows raised, plucking the smoke from her teeth as she gestured to it wordlessly, enjoying the vice break. Yet Ban shook his head simply as he was content to wait for her to finish.

“Good morning indeed,” she greeted him finally, in between drawl-there was echo of bootfall as a company passed in march on the walkway. Lyra tapped the ash off the end of her smoke, briefly regaling them before turning back to her Right-Hand.

“The Moff is due to arrive within the hour, has the faculty confirmed the arrangements I requested?” Lyra tilted her head back, exhaling deeply, letting her shoulders sag as if the weight would simply disappear entirely. They would all line up and preen and perform as necessary, the effect had worn off Lyra personally but the pride remained.

“Everything should be in order, the senior field marshaling is set to take place at ten hundred, honor guard is presently en-route to the landing zone, and I looked in to the name since it did not sit right with myself either..” Ban frowned deeply as he spoke, “-you’ll remember him from Operation Vermillion, and he wasn’t one of ours.”

That was it, she knew the name had sounded familiar and she shook her head. The mystery was solved but it left a bitter taste in her mouth. It was one of her last mobilizations. What a mess that had been, embarrassing to have to intercept grown men picking fights with Mandalorians, after the stand-down had been called... The woman groaned thinking about it, it had been years ago now.

“A shame really, leaves me with questions for the Barrans as to why he’s in such a position now.”

Inquiries never ended well, it was a probe at best and would result in something worse later-or so she often calculated all scenarios to be. There would be no changing the auspicious meeting now, not within the hour. Though what was another curious Moff or investor? They'd know soon enough.

“He's done his research, maybe doesn't recall the incident? If I was anyone less or named Appw'rii I would have air-space traffic lose his identification codes alas.” Ban’s shoulders rose, stuffing his hands in his pocket as they both stopped to watch the passing march on the level above. Storm armor clanked loudly and reverberated through the urban center. First years by the look of their patch.

“If only.” Lyra chuckled tearing her gaze away from them, flicking the cigarette again-left with a stub at this point. "-It'll be a good day?"

She prompted, pointing at Ban. The woman abandoned the bad habit, tucking the burnt out filter in her coat.

"Of course. It'll be a....good day." Ban parroted though neither were sold. Fatigue wouldn’t let her worry too deeply but she was not prepared to let this situation slip through the crack unnoticed. She only wished her tour had lasted longer and she had opportunity to visit Bescane this last round, but her responsibility lay here. Slapping her hand on the Zabrak's shoulder, the pair of them meandered toward the aircraft landing zone in preparation.

Last edited:

Irveric Tavlar Special Warfare Center, Dantooine
Arriving . . . .
The Lamba-class shuttle hummed with its characteristic engine sound as it descended towards the surface. It was a very imperial sight, the old, trusty shuttle from before the fall of the Galactic Empire, used to transport personnel or small amounts of goods was still a worthy vessel and more than just a relic and memory of times forgotten. But, not everyone can forget.

Aurelian was the only passenger of the vehicle and probably that was more than enough for the compartment. His size filling it entirely and seemingly leaving little room for him to even turn or get out. The massive golden-armored figure was sitting with his arms on his legs, leaning forward and the eyes closed. He was lost in thoughts, his mind drifting from memory to project from front to forge.

With a satisfying sound of decompressing servos of the landing gears, the shuttle set down on the designated landing platform, the wings folded upwards and the ramp slowly lowering. An honor guard was appearing and offering an alley towards who would welcome the passenger.

Inside, awakening from his thoughts, Sigismund stood up and calmly walked down the ramp, which itself offered noises of protest due to the heavy weight put upon it with every step. It was morning and the air was beautifully fresh, he could smell dew in the air from the grassy plains outside the facility and the soft touch of the dawning sun promised a warm day. The craters of scars on his face cast deep shadows and the breeze softly moved his shaggy white hair.

It was beautiful, he thought. A perfect morning. Not realising that he had stopped at the end of the ramp, he picked up his step again. His armor was reflecting the sunlight as it broke on the many ornaments and reliefs of the golden surface, a crimson cloak was drapped over his shoulders which flew by the movement he created himself. Massive gauntlets hid his hands, one resting on the pommel of a sword, the other swinging freely at his side as he stepped towards the welcoming party.

"Aurelian Sigismund, High Imperator and Moff of Vandemar."

His voice was a testament of rough edges smoothed with force, he had the tone of some heroic warrior, the bearing of one too. But his eyes seem to see more than simple war, carrying a deep-routed intelligence in their difficult-to-determine grey-green-blue color scape, as if a storm was constantly brewing in them. Aurelian spoke as if he was stating a fact and it gave the impression that he said any of the ranks without actual pride behind it. He simply was that and that was it.

"I am glad that an arrangement on such short notice could be made for me to visit and experience your work here. My recent work for the imperial arsenal and introduction of Vandemar back into the imperial fold have given uptide in my duties and requirements for learning ... more."

DkrLb7Tbjke_a7FBdjy-NF5ylM8B3g_ADIlpffB_pA1xB0q233qmS9bgwD0MOyYrYNlkreLXENZs6E3f5CddSCUnRXumTQoLb1_6nPnzp6q_xn5Iaes_1sUKWKb8Wo2Yu2yTtczuInD6pljXX-cdvNm9MlUmhDsYCTeIX9T6IZwgbIih4eszEuY6u98SVA

9twUnCBeUMg2PWjlN-Ph3od89ApzdskjPayD85Zy1oBQG7qi2EIc52tbkuq4zlMlH2m6PcAwYAK2Yf7Gy8A5xdyjDa0w8Ch_xwz6dsKCCrVV0W1Xq3lzmfkJ5vfzllweGn1XSKH2IFKLmopJQ8f-O0YGVRSlg--ttDc2641XtBgUp1oB4SUk3O9g9jQwcg

Relic Of A Bygone Age

Tags: Aurelian Sigismund Aurelian Sigismund

Unflinching as the shuttle creaked and strained, the corner of Lyra Voikryt’s lip curled-pulling at the wound that covered the greater half of her own face, skewing her expression. At her side Ban’s minute sigh sounded on her left, a shuffle amongst arms. The woman stared at Sigismund, brow raising wordlessly as the line of armored men snapped as he seemingly enjoyed the dawn. A presentation of rifles extended silently as the attending officers saluted. She wasn’t sure what to classify the man as he towered over the procession, stepping forward with her arms clasped behind her at the small of her back; her chin lofted up. She maintained a classical Imperial appearance, though her gaze was laden with fatigue pale in the shadow of his height.

“Welcome to Dantooine Moff Sigismund, I am Major General Voi’kryt-director of college presently,” she greeted him with a gravelly voice, the tinge of age haunting the woman. Coming to a halt before the man, she gestured to the main facilities just beyond the landing pads and green break of trees. “There is no finer place to apply yourself and research than here. It is mine and my staff’s duty to offer consultation for the brass for the continuation of the Empire. You’ve come at an important time. Many corpmembers are in the process of ramping up in their studies for final exercises and graduating.”

Turning but a half step, Lyra nodded then to the Zabrak who stood aside-nodding to Ban.

“My assistant, Lieutenant Colonel Arroyo will be joining us today as we tour. I understand from your..brief inquiry you are looking at regiment training. I believe you received a copy of the course material and requirements for entry level candidates, if you would like to see any specifics in person you need only ask otherwise we can begin in the Imperatorem.”

Lyra’s split gaze turned toward the imposing stone fort that stood out as the pinnacle of the entire installation, though it lacked even the most classic artistic calling card of Imperial infrastructure; it was built to withstand. It would only be at Sigismund’s answer would she set out, a rhythmic click at her heel as they crossed the landing flat and made their way deeper in to the campus.

Irveric Tavlar Special Warfare Center, Dantooine
Arriving . . . .

"I am looking forward to seeing your college in practice personally."

His eyes briefly set their unyielding gaze on the Major-Generals assistant, assessing his seniority and possible mood but turning away and back to the director again within a moment.

"Please, if you don´t mind, show me around and briefly outline your current workings and procedures. I am especially interested in the selection and application process as well as the graduation criteria."

Aurelian would accompany the woman, his steps slow and long, to not make the mortals running while trying to keep up with the monstrosity of a grown humanoid. He was quite curious about the process of how they select their cadets and how they graduate. Sigismund needed professional and exceptional drill masters and teachers, because everyone could craft a training program by simply looking at the tasks of past special forces and past trainings regimes. The people were interesting and their upbringing as well as the cadets living and training conditions.

The Moff's own troops were quite rough and effective, but he wanted to make them exceptional, efficient and the best the Galaxy has ever seen. The new program needs elite warriors and the best soldiers, not some ideological fethheads or blunt, bald roughnecks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom