Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Build A Heavy Plasma Rifle - Dev Thread

Scene
You find yourself on the planet of Drunkenwell in the city of Kalandra. The city contains all sorts of species, and sights, but that's not why your here.​
As you make your way through the city you finally stumble upon an old hover car factory now turned into Tazi's Machines. From your knowledge so far you know that it has created a few sets of armor and weapons.​
The banging and clanking of metal echos out of the factory along withe the occasional shout of agony as a slave touches something they shouldn't.​
Around the back of the factory out in the open, a Duros and a hunched back human stand. They seemed to be standing next to a prototype weapon. Down the firing range were a series of metals. The prototype weapon was aimed with a 10cm sheet of durasteel.​

Cadan stood next the prototype weapon with a hydrospanner. "This karking thing should be firing!" He said as he whacked the weapon with his spanner.

Instead of his usual armor he wore some goggles and overalls. But he still had his DL-18 pistol at his thigh.

Cadan looked to the man next to him. "The heavy plasma rifle should be working. What did you do to it!?" He spat the words towards the man. Before raising the spanner in the air and whacking the man on the arm with it.

"I di'n't touch it sir. I swears it!" The man said as he back away from Cadan's spanner.

"Go out and await the guests. I need to get this working." Cadan dismissed the man and began to tighten nuts and bolts of the weapon.

Entering the room upon the sight of Cadan, Tiali would walk up Calmly "Hey Cadan. And other guy you should probably get out of here before he shoots you." he says chuckling.

"Anyway I could hear you from the other room, What seems to be the problem?"

[member="Cadan Tazi"]
@other NPC guy

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
The giant wearing armour of old days past makes his way into the remade establishment and towards where the noise was coming from, the sight of mist would be seen escaping the helmet's visor as the sound of heavy and wet breathing emits from it also. He would peer down towards [member="Cadan Tazi"] and past [member="Tiali Orazio"], silence would befall a moment before he began to speak.

"[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] sent me."

Cadan went and shook Tiali's hand. "Don't tempt me too." He said under his breath. "This blasted thing won't fire."

As Cadan was speaking with Tiali, he saw the huge figure of Alkah approach. "Ah hah! Big guy, come come welcome." Cadan said as he moved towards him. "I've been with that damned Cap'n ever since he was human, through thick and thin. Kark I was with 'im when that damned sith attacked." Cadan's eyes flared with anger as he remembered that day on Tatooine.

"Anyway." He said as he led the way towards the plasma rifle. " 'Ere she is." Cadan looked over the weapon once more trying to find the problem with it.

[member="Alkah'Kahtel"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
The giant would nod firmly as the weapon is shown to him, though remaining still for a moment before grunting out a response towards [member="Cadan Tazi"] and with that, a flume of hot air forces its way out of the helmet's visor.

"How can I be of service?"

Cadan flick the trigger of the weapon and it spat forth the burning bolt of plasma, the electromagnetic field keeping the plasma in form. Cadan jumped with joy. "Did ya see that!" He shouted. Although the weapon shot, it was off target.

Cadan scratched his head. "I could use some muscle." Cadan looked down the shooting range and then down the sights of the weapon.

"Mind movin' the weapon to the left a bit?" Cadan licked his lips, eager to see what would happen.

[member="Alkah'Kahtel"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

Raiz

Self-Imposed Exiled
The giant huffs a moment, it would seem that the sound of chuckling emits from the helmet but remaining somewhat silent in voice, moving a hand towards the weapon's handle and taps it a bit, moving the muzzle to face a bit to the left. Turning his thick neck to look towards [member="Cadan Tazi"] and lets out a deep throat grunt.

"Done."

The streets of Kalandra, roughnecks, thives and low-lives. Not an innocent soul for as long as Sempras reptilian eyes could see. And his reach was pretty long on Drunkenwell, surpassed of course by the pirate administrators. Sempra had no illusion about that, and he would go to great lengths to keep it so. This place was his prime site for his spice production and an important market. All because the jackals allowed it.
But apart from that, this very reasourceful pirate captain, [member="Cadan Tazi"], seemed to have more then one tune to play. He had been developing armours and weapons for the cartel army. It was time Sempra visited the place where such a thing was unleashed.

His sail barge drove forth through the dark, damp streets, led on by two swoop bikes making sure that people moved aside. The barge was a little bit too large for the place but Hutts was not unheard of on Kalandra. Both he himself and [member="Mongo Booshi Mella"] belonged to investors of great dignity and as such their pompeous ways were accepted, for the most part.

The barge finally found its way to Tazis machines where the bikes pulled up and cleared the street from homeless and junkies before the barge finally lowered a platform from its belly. Sempra took a deep breath, long enough for his small entourage to scramble around him. Then he proceeded forth.

"Let us see whst the cunning captain Tazi had achieved so far." he declared as they appoached the testing range.

Cadan seemed to excitedly look towards Sempra, he was like an eager puppy. Quickly he dashed over the the Hutt. "Ahhh, My Lord Sempra. How good for you to make it." Cadan gave a quick, little bow but then began to lead Sempra towards the weapon.

"You see Sempra. I have created a weapon to melt holes in all types of metal. And today is testing day." As they arrived at the weapon Cadan began to look over it.

Cadan began to point to all different areas of the weapon. "Inside 'ere, the weapons loads sillicon-steel ferrite slugs, these slugs are then superheated into plasma. They are then spat out of the weapon as a bolt. We plan to use an electromagnetic field to contain the plasma until it hits it's mark." Cadan took a deep breathe then looked to Sempra.

"Ready to see how well it does?" He address all those around him.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"] [member="Alkah'Kahtel"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Thraxis"]

Thraxis would stumble into the room, confusion apparent on his face, "Hey Cadan, have you seen my booze? Or better question, do you have any spare?" he would say, his attention quickly turning towards the Den'Gai and the Hutt, "Oh. You have company I see, important ones too. So, [member="Sempra the Hutt"], you got any spare booze?" Thraxis would ask. Quickly his gaze would turn to the behemoth of a beast, "What about you? Got any booze?" he would continue his inquiry.

Thraxis took a few moments to wait for their responses, though his eyes were quickly averted to the fancy-smancy new toy that [member="Cadan Tazi"] had in his hands, "Ohhhh, that your pet project is it? Looks nice." Thraxis commented on, it looked like it would be fun toy to mess with.
[member="Tiali Orazio"]
[member="Alkah'Kahtel"]

Sempra listened to cadan as he slithered alongside toward the test range. He nodded and and hummed thoughtfully. It did sound a little bit more then he had expected.

As [member="Thraxis"] appeared Sempra grinned slyly.

"Of course my dear friend. Fetch mr Thraxis some of the Kintan Rum I have stored on my barge." he ordered a slave who rushed of to fetch the booze for Thraxis. Then as they arrived to the weapon he turned to Cadan.

"It would be an honor to bear wittness of your success Captain." he replied and turned his gaze toward the shootong range.

[member="Thraxis"] [member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Alkah'Kahtel"]

The smiled stayed on Cadan's face as Thraxis arrived. He gave a short order to the hunched back old man, and he too arrived with alcohol for Thraxis.

Cadan looked to Sempra and gave out a deep bow. "Of coarse Me Lord." He then rushed over to the weapon, jumping over various power supply leads.

With the flicked of a switch the weapon began to power up. The slug was pushed up into the chamber, super heated into plasma, the spat out of the particle accelerator with extreme speed. The Plasma bolt was held together by the electromagnetic field all the way up until it hit the durasteel.

The field broke as the plasma made contact letting the plasma begin to work it's way through the metal. The inistal contact and force from the hit sent to plasma about 3cm into the steel, but the plasma was still melting it's way through. The plasma finally stopped melting through the durasteel at about 5cm.

Cadan looked excitedly around the ground. "Ta da!"

[member="Sempra the Hutt"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Alkah'Kahtel"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

Sempra blinked and watched the beam melt its way into the steel. Once it was over and a short silence fell over the group the hutt remained still for a moment. His expression hard to read. slowly he processed the force of what they had been wittnessing. This held potential.

Sempra started to chuckle, a dark deep chuckle clearly stating that he was enjoying what he saw.

"Ho ho ho.... Bring me some wine!" he spoke with a happy tone. "Captain Tazi did not invite us here for nothing it seems." the hutt settled down making it more comfortable.

As he did slaves started to rush around fetching pillows and sum umbreallas along with other devices to make the stay comfortable for the hutt.

"Is it possible to mass produce this weapon Captain Tazi?" he asked as he recieved a cup of Alderanian wine.

[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Alkah'Kahtel"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Tiali Orazio"]

The gates are chained, the barbed-wire fencing stands, An iron authority against the chill smog covered, And this grey monument to common sense resists the wilting weather. Fear of idle hands, Of protest, men in league, and of the slow Corrosion of their minds, still charge this fence. This was Kalandra the Happiest planet in the galaxy..

He moved into the factory, his coat pulled tight the collar pulled up as if that would protect him from the chill he felt, it was cold and not the one the weather permits, it was something more or something he lacked. He walked in addressing [member="Sempra the Hutt"], and finally [member="Cadan Tazi"] with a wave of his coat.

"All is well I trust."

Cadan looked down the firing line towards the metal. A smile creeping over his face as he was bombarded with questions.

"My Lord Sempra, I do believe it possible." He said as he turned to Sempra and gave a small bow.

He then turned as he heard the voice of his Captain. "Ah! Cap'n, so glad you finally made it. You just missed the first shot." He pointed down to towards the steam and metalic smoke rising from the sheet of durasteel.

"Range, well so far that is a problem, it can only reach up to 30 meters." The smile faded slightly as he looked down the firing line. "But that's something we can figure out later."

[member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Sempra the Hutt"]

Sempra nodded at the cyborg commander.

"All is well, although it seem mr Tazi need to make a few adjustments concerning the range of this weapon."

Sempra whipped his tail somewhat unpatient.

"Mr Tazi, whilewe wait for those final adjustments, in what area do you see this guns primary use?"

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]
[member="Alkah'Kahtel"]
[member="Thraxis"]
[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]
[member="Tiali Orazio"]

Cadan looked around the weapon and nodded. "We 'ave been running into some problems about range. The magnetic field doesn't contain the plasma much past the range." He said as he walked close to Sempra. "As for the area. I see it to be used to take out the more heavier vehicles of an enemy army." Cadan clicked his fingers and the hunched over old man hobbled over with a bottle of alcohol. Cadan took the drink and sipped at it, before offering it to Thraxis.

"But the weapon could also be used to take out infantry." As he spoke he thought about the devastating effect the scolding hot plasma would have on a person.

[member="Sempra the Hutt"] [member="Tiali Orazio"] [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Thraxis"] [member="Alkah'Kahtel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom