Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To All Jedi!

Carn Dista

C
The Darkside plagued the Galaxy. That was obvious. It always did, and it always survived to spread ruin and decay across the Galaxy like a vicious cancer. He had come to realise over his years that the ways of the Darkside were exactly the same as the ways of the Jedi in one key way: Both of them were ideals, and ideals do not die. They could, however, be changed and distilled until the being with them could be tempted to sway to another point of view.

He had come to understand that several individuals of that nature had come to reside in the Order, and he had decided that it was due time to contact them, so that he might come to know them better, and perhaps impart some teachings upon them to help ensure their continued holding of Jedi ideology.

And so he sent out a holomessage to the entire Jedi Order. A general hail, to give it another name...

"Brothers. Sisters. Friends. Jedi.
This is Jedi Master Carn Dista, of the High Council. It has come to my attention that certain members of the Jedi Order have, or are currently struggling with issues pertaining to the Dark Side of the Force. As such, I wish to invite those individuals who may have had, or feel they may have an affinity to the Dark Side to come and visit me in the Council spire. You will find me in my study.

While this may seem ominous, considering recent tensions around the Republic following the acts of a few choice individuals, I assure you that you are in no way in any form of trouble. Indeed, quite the opposite. The Order helps it's own, so long as it's members help the Order and abide by the Jedi way. And that is all I wish to do - Help you to stay on the Jedi way. And, perhaps enjoy a fine glass of Tythonian spring water whilst we talk.

Before I risk rambling, I'll get to the point...
If you have had, or feel the strains of any form of connection to the Dark Side, I strongly suggest you seek me out, so that I may do my duty as a member of the Council and resolve any potential issues you may have.

May the Force be with you all."

From the way Carn spoke, however, it was no mere casual invitation, or calm urging to seek him out. No. It was heavily implied that these individuals would seek him out. It was an unspoken order. It only remained to be seen who would appear, and when they would choose to do so.

OOC:
Just thought I'd drum up some roleplay. Don't worry, nobody is in any trouble - Quite the contrary. Carn simply wishes to keep an eye on anyone who has a history of using the Darkside, or feels the pull of it in a stronger way than most so that he can help keep people on track and in the Order!
Feel free to reply to this thread - It's open to any and all. Call it an informal drop in, if you want. If you'd like a quieter place to talk, then just start up another thread and @ me in it.

Hope to hear from you lot soon!

Light melodies could be heard early in the morning from Miri's room but it didn't disturb her neighbors as they too found the melody to be calming for early morning meditation. This was yet another tradition she had adopted since joining the jedi order; she felt the calming touch of Ashla as it warmed her and slightly tickled her skin. With almost routine breathing, Miri began feel her connection a little more each day but it still was not nothing note worthy. Perhaps she didn't even have the same potential her brother Mikhail did, or maybe it was the resolve that he held that she might have lacked.

Her meditation was broken upon the jedi master's announcement. Figuring she had spent enough time on the sidelines as it was, she slowly stood up from her sitting position. As she opened her eyes she felt somewhat more in touch with the life around her. She grabbed her training saber and ran off towards the Council Spire. After several minutes and eventually resorting to walking she made her way to the Council doors.

She awaited her identification to be scanned before the doors shuddered open. Miri Shorn was taken back by the sheer majestic sight that was the council chambers and the even more extraordinary back view of the world outside.

"Hello. . ."

@[member="Carn Dista"]

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Miri Shorn"]

To the padawan, the chambers of the High Council must have seemed glorious. However, they must also have seemed empty. Her voice scattered itself around the room, and her footsteps seemed to join in. There was almost no sign of life. That was, until, Carn stepped from behind the window pillar he was leaning against.

His steps brought him around the padawan, almost making her subconciously migrate to the center of the chamber. His eyes drifted over her body. He examined her robes, her face, her hair. Indeed, he took in everything he could about the girl in complete silence, before finally moving to take his seat.
He remained sat in silence for a little while, before finally speaking to her...

"A Padawan in these chambers is a Padawan who steps forwards with a purpose. A reason for being here. Perhaps you should speak of it, and also speak of your name while you're at it."

The councillor's tone was strict - and for good reason. He had had his fill of the resulting mess that came from Padawans lacking in discipline as of recent, and he intended to make sure that wasn't going to be the case here. Still though, unless his senses were mistaken, she was answering the summons he had issued to the Order not so long ago...

Nala was sitting in her room, looking at a holopicture of her father. In her hand she gripped her newly constructed lightsaber. In her mind all she could think of was bringing justice to the man who'd taken everything she held dear in her life away from her. Then came the announcement throughout the temple sent by @[member="Carn Dista"]. At first the kaminoan felt that she did not need to consult anyone about her predicament. She had inklings of the dark side but she knew who she was and she was sure she would never become a Sith or anything of the like. And yet an uneasy feeling was tingling in the back of her mind, one that she'd felt for a while now.

With a deep breath Nala finally pushed herself to to and seek out council with the Jedi master. Upon arriving in the Council spire however she walked in to see both Master Carn and @[member="Miri Shorn"].

"Oh." she said a bit surprised to see someone else had come. "Pardon me, Master Carn." she said, bowing to him. "I did not realize someone was here. I....just wait until you're finished."

Miri was so caught up in the sheer beauty of the council chambers to the point she almost did not notice that no one was in the room with her. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion before the Jedi Master rounded about the pillar thus revealing himself. Miri could tell that in the weird way only a jedi master could; Master Carn could see straight through her like an open book.

This feeling actually unsettled her as he more so directed her to speak. Miri Shorn found herself cursing her seemingly nervousness that she never dealt with on her homeworld. Their she was simply a princess and learning the sword lessons from her father wasn't as hard as being a jedi would be.

"Nala. If you wish to speak you can. Your not interrupting anything unless your situation is too personal." She flashed the more experienced padawan a genuine smile before turning her attention back to the Jedi Master. She took in a slow breath as she usually didn't tell anyone of her heritage based off of fear of being compared to her older brother.

"My name is Miri Shorn master. My brother was one of the duo that tore through the Senate recently and honestly though everyone doubts him I think their is still my good old brother in there under the pain. I just want to be strong enough to save him but their hasn't been a Jedi I know strong enough to face him since the likes of @[member="Darron Wraith"] . I know the pursuit of power isn't a jedi like trait but I have to save my brother before someone or something kills him." The more Miri spoke the more emotion was drawn to her facial expression.

@[member="Nala Tu"]
@[member="Mikhail Shorn"]

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Miri Shorn"]
"A Shorn. I see. I also sense. And in you, I sense more emotion than you can hide. There are nerves, perhaps from the place in which you stand, or caused by whom you speak to. There is genuine compassion for your peers," He paused, and nodded at Nala, ensuring that the other Padawan knew that he had recognized her entry into the chambers, whilst using her as an example of Miri's compassion. "And then there is love. The kind of love that only comes from family.

Love is dangerous, miss Shorn. It is the greatest form of emotional bond that can be formed, and as a result it can be twisted and turned against you. There is a reason that Odan-Urr's revision of the Jedi code speaks of holding your emotions back. And it is the reason that the more you speak of your brother, the more your emotions creep up to the surface.

As for strength... Well... Tell me, Miri. What is stronger? A boulder of solid stone, or a river making it's way down a gentle incline?"

@[member="Nala Tu"]
"And as for you, Padawan... What brings you here? Come. Do not be shy. The Jedi Order is one, and it is only through open honesty with that oneness can we hope to remain as a singularity, as opposed to a broken and disorganized rabble."

He spoke kindly to the Kaminoan, whilst eyeing her up. Just the same as he did to Miri, he took in as much as he could about her. How she stood. How she presented herself. The nerves that crept through her voice were as clear as day - She had not expected to be presented with more than the person she had sought out, and as a result, Carn suspected that she had been taken onto the back foot. Yet he remained calm, and in his seat. Even the most nervous of beings spoke freely, when shown patience.

Nala gave a quick nod to @[member="Carn Dista"] before steeping in front of him and resting on her knees. She did not look up at him, mainly because she felt ashamed of what she had to tell him but also because he had such an imposing demeanor and aura about him.

She began with "It's.... something that's happened recently, master. My father was.... murdered right in front of my eyes. By a Sith who thought he'd known something about holocrons that we never really there. When my father died....something had awoken in me. Something dangerous and angry. I nearly tore an entire town apart just to kill him, but he escaped. And I was still so angry. I'd almost wound up attacking my own master in the process before he calmed me down. But then everything afterwards...." she paused for a moment before continuing with "I used to have great trouble controlling the force, but when I found a focus, something I could concentrate on, I began to control it so much better. And that thing was seeing that Sith brought to justice. Then came when I needed to construct a new saber after my old was broken in the fight. It used to be a blue blade a carried....only now this new one is purple. I know what it means, that I have power to use both light and dark side. And....I'm afraid I could lose myself to the dark."

She closed her eyes and tightened her lips, trying to hold back from crying in front of a master.

Carn Dista

C
@[member="Nala Tu"]

Carn rubbed his beard slightly. He understood all too well what she felt in regards to finding solace in Justice. Indeed, there was something incredibly satisfying on some level when one sees the architects of chaos in the Galaxy fall pray to law and order. He smiled warmly at her.
"I understand your feelings towards seeing Justice, Nala. They're not uncommon, especially within the Order. After all, we strive to uphold civilization, and seeing those that would do it harm taken down by the consequences of their actions is always a cause for celebration. However, as for your... interpretation of your choice in crystal. Each and every being has the ability to use the Dark Side of the Force, and the Light. Why, I myself could, if I wished to, turn my knowledge and ability against the Order." He paused for a moment, allowing his notion to sink in to the minds of the two in front of him. "Yet I choose not to. And that is all it boils down to. A choice. Anyone may strike with the Force in anger - But they can choose not to. They can choose a more righteous pathway.
And naturally, so can you. A Jedi does not fear falling to the Dark Side of the Force, because they know that for them, such a thing is not the choice they have made. A Jedi does not choose to allow emotions to cloud their judgement, just as a Jedi does not choose to use the Force for aggressive behavior. Perhaps at some point, I could guide you in meditation, and help clear your mind of your fears?"

Carn leant back into his chair, so that he could recline into it's somewhat comfortable padding. To him, it seemed that Nala had simply forgotten that a Jedi becomes a Jedi by making the most simple of choices - A fundamental one, of light or dark. Good or evil. It was interesting to him that she had the fear of losing herself, and while he did not openly commend her, he most certainly felt that she had done well by being so honest about her emotions.

[Sorry about the wayyy late reply. Life often finds ways to get in the way of the things we enjoy!]

Nala listened to every word @[member="Carn Dista"] told her. She was surprised by some of his responses, mainly how he said he was willing to use the dark side at time, but then began to understand the wisdom he was trying to impart on her. She nodded in the end as he offered to help her meditate.

"I...I would like that, Master Dista." she said, smiling at him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom