Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TL-09 Electrical Interface Implant

Intent: To recreate an invention of Aurna's Aunt with some improvements. (The original tech sub has vanished so I am recreating it as it is currently installed in several characters)
Development Thread: Will do one if necessary
Manufacturer:Tanlab Industries
Model: TL-09
Affiliation:General
Modularity: none (might be added later)
Production: Mass Produced
Material: : Circuits, Mythra, Duralium
Description: Through a connection with your brain this implant is able to interpret signals to control the implant and display HUD's and computer screens and such through a connection to the users optic nerve allowing the user's eyes to see better and give input straight to the device.. This allows one to interface directly with droids, computers and other things that are able to be accessed. It is smaller than the previous invention by Alli Wren, and Baktoid Industries. It would need some sort of range booster to reach anything outside of the room unless it it is using a device in the room to interact with things further away. It also still requires you to either have the proper access or have to hack to anything you connect too.

This implant/interface allows the user to directly connect and interact with droids and computers in their immediate vicinity. This is also combined with a connection to the user's optic nerve allowing it to take in the raw feedback of a user's sight and improve it. It not only does that but can inject a HUD and or the interface screen into someone's sight using this connection.

Primary Source: Chaos Cannon See (Electronic Cybernetic Enhancements
(Allows one to interact directly with computers and droids. It also includes the optical implant and enhances one's sight. ) and http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Psicom_1260_interface

[member="Aurna Vern"]

Hello there!

To start off with I think this sub could firstly do with a bit of a tidy :) (links are a bit odd, remove the image source line)

Then it could really do with some expansion. At the moment I'm a little confused as to whether this is just displaying on the user's vision or a method of input? Could you perhaps take a little more time and work the notion through a bit more?

I'm happy to discuss on skype if it will be easier in real time

Sorry I was a bit frazzled yesterday when I found my tech sub was missing, hopefully this makes more sense. This lets you interact with eletronics with your mind. Want to tell a droid to do something? done want to type into the datapad on your person done with just a thought. It does this by using your optic nerve to show you what your connected to. Please let me know what you think. [member="Raziel"]

[member="Aurna Vern"]

My fault, several seemed to slip through a pile of notifications last week.

The canon precedent for this tech is fairly weak. However it is an interesting idea.

I'm going to need:
- Significant expansion on the sub, clearly written, with some more details on how this works (by all means draw inspiration from other fracnhises)
- A solid development thread on you creating the technology

Some details that will need expanding on:
- How is it installed?
- How invasive is the procedure?
- How easy is it to remove?
- Could you be physically damaged by the connection? (EMP/direct electronic attack)
- What software does a machine or droid need to interface with this device?
- What are the limitations on the connection? (I don't think in binary....)
- Are there any other downsides?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom