Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TJ1-Gra'tua (Vengeance) Droid

AlIqMjM.png

Intent: A personal creation used in collaboration with Thresco's ship. Can be deployed as a counter-measure against enemy starfighters.
Development Thread: Will be made as soon as the main idea is approved and such a thing becomes a requirement to finalize the process.
Manufacturer: Thresco Jorr / Torgost
Model: TJ1-Gra'tua (Vengeance)
Affiliation: Thresco Jorr
Modularity: Only if one has access to Mandalorian iron, as this is what the majority of the droid is made up of.
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Mandalorian Iron
Classification: Fourth Degree

Weight: 170 kilograms
Height: 3 meters
Width: 1 meter
Length: 1 meter & 40 centimeters
Movement: Ion Engine
Amount: 12

Armaments: Beskar Blade (3m long)
Misc. Equipment: Sensors, Thrusters, Receivers & Scanners

Description: The TJ1-Gra'tua, or Vengeance droid, is a personal creation of Thresco and Torgost, developed for the sole purpose of protecting the ship against starfighters. Possessing an Ion engine, as well as several strategically placed thrusters for last minute maneuvering and quick alterations to their flight pattern and trajectory, they are hard to pin down and shoot down by the average starfighter. With beskar plating protecting it, the only real weapon it has is a three meters long blade on the front, capable of ripping off wings or shattering a cockpit with deadly accuracy. Being protected from collision damage with increased plate density on the front and sides, it is relatively weak from behind where the engine exhausts are located. Thanks to the thrusters, it can switch from flying vertically to diagonally or horizontally in a moments notice, allowing it to dodge incoming fire or ensure they hit their marked target. Controlled by the ship AI, the Vengeance droid has a limited mind of its own, requiring the signals from the ship to give it directions. To help the AI, it has sensors and scanners, allowing it to send information and combat data back to the AI mid-fight, increasing combat potency as the fight drags on. The beskar blade is the only weapon it has. Possessing no long or mid ranged weapons, all the Vengeance droid can do is crash straight into a target, being harmless when one can keep away from making direct contact. Alone, the Vengeance droid is positively useless, requiring a small squadron for it to become a relentless threat. Without a ship signal to tell it what to do, the Vengeance droid will forget about a target the moment it leaves visual range, at which point it is programmed to return to the ship. However, if the scrambling is caused by an EMP, the droid will cease functioning and remain in mid air.

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))

It's Dat Boi said:
Development Thread: Will be made as soon as the main idea is approved and such a thing becomes a requirement to finalize the process.
You will require a Development thread before I can judge this submission. As such, I recommend that you find a way to get this Beskar/Mandalorian Iron before submitting items that are lightsaber resistant.

It's Dat Boi said:
Production: Unique
This means you have a total of ONE of these ships. Semi-unique means you have multiple of them, but only you have them.

It's Dat Boi said:
Misc. Equipment: Sensors, Receivers & Scanners
Add your thrusters to this as misc equipment.

It's Dat Boi said:
While fairly resilient to damage due to the plating and capable of taking various blunt hits such as crashing into a starfighter at maximum collision speed,
Beskar/Mandalorian Iron can withstand Reentry heat from entering a planet's surface. is highly resistant to most blaster forms, and is lightsaber resistant. Remove any kind of sentence from your sub about being "fairly armored."

These are in essence flying swords with droid brains connected to the AI. As such, they are hard to hit, and rather resilient to most forms of weaponry. I would like to see more weaknesses to these than just "they are weak on the thrusters and the engines"

@It's Dat Boi

I know, though up until this point, this has been how my stuff was handled. People would first help me go through the stuff I made, balance it out and tweak what was in need of it before I made the development thread. It made sense to me too because if there were things I had to take out, yet I wrote about adding them in my creation / development thread, things would clash.

Aside from that, Changes have been made.

Also, in regards to the weaknesses, I imagine them not having any mid to long range weaponry would be a pretty sufficient weakness, as the only time when they can deal damage is when they ram right into someone. Collision is their only form of damage, which is why the front is more heavily armored than the back. To me, weak spots on the non-dangerous side of the droid and a lack of laser weapons / mid/long range weapons seemed like a pretty fair weakness.

Aside from that, they also pretty much just return to base if someone could scramble the signal from the ship that connects the AI to the droids.

S O V E R E I G N
Factory Judge
@It's Dat Boi,

It's Dat Boi said:
I know, though up until this point, this has been how my stuff was handled. People would first help me go through the stuff I made, balance it out and tweak what was in need of it before I made the development thread. It made sense to me too because if there were things I had to take out, yet I wrote about adding them in my creation / development thread, things would clash.
Understandable. However, the judges understand that you may have made it differently in the thread than what might be the final product of your submission.

It's Dat Boi said:
I imagine them not having any mid to long range weaponry would be a pretty sufficient weakness
It's Dat Boi said:
they also pretty much just return to base if someone could scramble the signal from the ship that connects the AI to the droids.
This scrambling you speak of can be caused by what is called, an EMP blast. Or Electromagnetic pulse. It hampers with most forms of electrical equipment. Ranging from your radio on your bedside, to military weapons. Since this is connected to an AI, if an EMP were fired at EITHER the ship where the AI is held, or the droids themselves, then it would become difficult for the droids to return to your ship.

Mind you, another weakness is that you will have a limited number of these because of the type of metal you have implemented into the droid. As such, any replacement of these will be very expensive, and will require more dev threads to receive more. So that too, is a weakness. The very expensive costs would make this very difficult to replace. Once you lose one, you lose it.

Go ahead and make these changes, and let me know when you are done. Thanks.

Made it so that the scrambling remains a weakness. Like, if a ship has special signal scrambling equipment, the droids become useless. If the scrambling is caused by an EMP, the droids will cease functioning and just remain still in mind air.

Would that be better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom