Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Steel

Matreya

...technically. Lol I was more looking at it as its weak from certain angles. My idea is, should someone make a quantity armor, and have the grains sideways, a horizontal strike would much more likely harm it, especially were it actually along the lines themselves. It would likely not be a singular attack that would destroy it, but could definitely notch it and make a second more so damaging, so and so forth.

[member="Gir Quee"]

1. All right, so we are talking about anisotropy. Here's where we go then:

• [ Shaping ] ~ Should an item be produced on a grand scale it will likely take pressing to shape to do so, which forces striations to form along the shape. Much like the grain of a fiber of wood, should none follow the 'metallic grain' with, say, a sword, they will find it much easier to destroy the material
Remove "on a grand scale". This will be a trait that will be applicable to Titan Steel in all submissions irregardless of the other submission's production level.

Damien Daemon said:
Quality: 8.5 Ballistics (Non Energy Weapon) ~ 9 Lightsaber/Blaster ~ 7

On similar note, be aware that as per the factory patch, anything above an armor quality of "8" will require the submission to be unique. This doesn't mean that you won't be able to use Titan Steel in submissions that greater in production than unique, but it will mean that those submissions won't be able to utilize Titan Steel to its maximum performance.

Damien Daemon said:
have the grains sideways, a horizontal strike would much more likely harm it, especially were it actually along the lines themselves. It would likely not be a singular attack that would destroy it, but could definitely notch it and make a second more so damaging, so and so forth.

Cool, go ahead and put this (or something that closely follows it) in the submission itself.

As this is, I would like to see a 20 post development thread.

Matreya

Oh, so how about yet again back nuasance. I had forgotten the patch, and wanted this PCs really, so bear with me:

How about I reword it all, removing the definitive wording and replacing it with the process itself. I could change the sub for being the metal to being the process to make the metal, with information on what exactly would be able to be achieved.

In other words, it's more so dropping the patent, rather then a final product to mold. I could say, it could be this powerful or weaker, and it could weigh this much or more, etcetera. Giving the ideals of what would be able to be achieved.

I could of course keep the weakness already stated, and could possibly bring back the cold and lightning as, say, "alternate methods" each crafter of the company has of their own, giving people choices.

Oh and I would lower production to show I wanted the process only for PCs.

I also will of course do the 20 posts.

Sound nice?

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Damien Daemon"], that sounds fine to me. Since it will be process that could be done with any number of materials, I'd remove the quality ratings from the submission altogether (if this is done with something like Tin, it clearly won't have a high armor rating) and just use the general technology template. With that, I do not see the need for any development. Be advised though that you may be asked for development on submissions that use this process.

Pretty close to good, just a minor tweak since it's a process now, rather than a material.

Damien Daemon said:
As Titanium is one of the easiest, and despite it all one of the cheapest, to manipulate they chose it as a base for the material. Additions were added though, high levels of chromium, with additions of Iron as well as heavy amounts of Tungsten.

I'd alter this section probably, since as I understand it, the base material could potentially be something else besides titanium. If you want to add titanium or any other element as part of the process, I have no qualms with that.

Do that, and this will be ready for approval.

Matreya

Via adding "Some of the potentials start with," I believe I fixed it without having to alter much more, leaves the reader with an idea of what one could find it made of, while also key notely stating it isn't the set ingredients.

Good to go?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Damien Daemon said:
[ Light and Durable ] ~ The material is a very durable alloy, even able to absorb heat from lightsaber blades, lessening the damage they do
As I'm going purely off of your submission, as anyone who comes here to reference it for in RP will do, I do not see anything in your description that states how much lightsaber resistance this carries. Is it comparable to something like Phrik?

Matreya

At first I had planned it roughly equal to Phrik, but now being a process to showcase the method, I don't know. With the combined techniques, I am inclined to think: yes, Phrik. But I am not sure... so yeah for hurrying purposes, I will say Phrik.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Damien Daemon said:
Materials: Varies, On average possessing traditional steel components electroplated with MerrSteel
Please hyperlink to MerrSteel, and please list the core materials that are always/almost always utilized for creating this.

Damien Daemon said:
Quality: Varies, Average (with normal Steel components) of 7 but can reach higher
Please decide on a baseline quality (such as 7) that submissions that utilize this may consider the default quality of this metal. People who wish to go higher can add development in future submissions, and this would not bar someone from creating a unique submission @ quality 9 or 10 as long as they provide development for their submission.

Regarding the lightsaber resistance:
If you are submitting a material which has strong lightsaber resistance, on par with restricted materials such as Phrik, I will need to see significant development, especially for minor production. If you lower this to limited production, I will need a minimum of 50 posts @ baseline quality of 7. If you go up with quality, rather than 7, I will need more, and if you go down with quality we can discuss going lower. Production will also change how much development I need for this to be approved. Minor will require more, going below limited will require less.

@Mention me with your decision.

Matreya

Archive this then please.

I can always simply advertise the method as it is. The methods are real, and I have at least shown metallurgic skill for the company. I just don't foresee doing 5 times the dev I did for a comparable alloy already approved.

Not being salty mind you, I know each judge asks for whatever they individually deem necessary.

Thanks both ya for your time! Sorry to waste it!

[member="Braith Achlys"] [member="Gir Quee"]

Moved to Factory Archives - If you want to remove from the archives, please feel free to tag Raziel, Braith Achlys, or Cira.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom