Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create a new reactor for the One Sith Navy
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: One Sith
Model: Titan-class Reactor
Affiliation: One Sith
Production: Mass-Production
Material: Durasteel, Duraplast, Generator Components, Liquid Hydrogen Ostrine Cooling System
Description: As the naval technology of the One Sith improves, Malos decided that it was time for him to enter the state , and establish himself as an emerging designer among the One Sith. Taking into inspiration the Dolos Class-Frigate, as well as some of his own naval experiences into account, the Titan-Class Reactor was created.

Like the Dolos-Class Frigate's reactors, it is a hypermatter reactor. Taking into inspiration the Dolos-Class Frigate's reactor system, this reactor is capable of linking itself with other reactors, allowing the main power output to increase dramatically. The Titan-Class Reactor is also capable of siphoning, and storing power when battle is not occurring, making it highly useful as well without affecting the ship's systems(shield, life, targeting, weapon, etc)

Despite this, it has a lot of weaknesses. It cannot be installed in ships that are not 600m or lower. It can also not be installed in ground installations that are small If it were to activate it's linking function, it can be able to provide an extremely high amount of power, but then it provides lower than normal amount of energy. Nevertheless, it does it's job well, being able to power other One Sith Naval vessels

*OOC: Reserve power can also be used once in battle.

Primary Source:

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Malos Kas said:
Manufacturer: One Sith
This should be hyperlinked to the faction homepage.

Malos Kas said:
Like the Dolos-Class Frigate's reactors, it is a hypermatter reactor. Taking into inspiration the Dolos-Class Frigate's reactor system, this reactor is capable of linking itself with other reactors, allowing the main power output to increase dramatically.
What does this mean in practical gameplay terms?

Malos Kas said:
The Titan-Class Reactor is also capable of siphoning, and storing power when battle is not occurring, making it highly useful as well without affecting the ship's systems(shield, life, targeting, weapon, etc)

This is probably more of a function of a hyperbattery or a large power cell, but I could see this reactor feeding such a device.

How do you plan on using this function in gameplay?

[member="Gir Quee"]

I would think that the main reactor's power output would increase. The only device that I've seen that better explains such a thing is this one right here.

In terms of your second statement, I would imagine that the ship that hosts a reactor like this would have some reserve power; I obviously won't be stating that they have a large amount of reserve power that allows them to do a whole lot of stuff. From what I can imagine, I would probably be using the reserve power of the ship as a last resort to counter something.

I would think that the main reactor's power output would increase. The only device that I've seen that better explains such a thing is this one right here.

I'm asking if this reactor is intended to give a ship more offensive power, stronger shields, and so forth compared to a standard ship of the same size. The sub you've linked me to does not enhance a ship's performance in any way. If that is the case for this sub, that is fine. I would like that to be explicit however.

Malos Kas said:
From what I can imagine, I would probably be using the reserve power of the ship as a last resort to counter something.

This is fine, but I'd like to see its use clarified in some way. You could say something in OOC terms, (such as it can only be used one time in a battle), or something IC, like giving it a certain recharge time.

[member="Gir Quee"]

If it enhanced a ship's shields, weapon systems, etc, how much dev would I need to do?

I'll also edit that the reactor's reserve power can be used once in a battle later today.

Malos Kas said:
If it enhanced a ship's shields, weapon systems, etc, how much dev would I need to do?
As a forewarning, all factory submissions are judged separately on their own merits, meaning that the approval of this submission does not necessarily mean that this could be used as ironclad justification for increased weapons, shielding, and so forth in future submissions.

I'm very hesitant to let development alone be used to substitute for balance in this submission. Moreover, if the factory staff was to approve this after being backed by extensive development, I think it would probably be reported.

This will need a weakness that is proportional to its potential power.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Then the generator won't increase the ship's life systems, etc; I guess the only thing that it will do is provide more power to the shields, weapons, and other systems in the ship, without enhancing those systems in any matter.

Is there anything else I need to do?

Malos Kas said:
Then the generator won't increase the ship's life systems, etc; I guess the only thing that it will do is provide more power to the shields, weapons, and other systems in the ship, without enhancing those systems in any matter.

The offsetting weakness will need to be more than that. If the submission is going to buff something in terms of actual gameplay, it will need to lower something else that is actually involved in gameplay as well.

Essentially, to gain something you wouldn't normally have, you have to give up something you normally would have.

As an example, it could provide an unusual amount of power for a brief period, but then it must have a comparative cool-down period where it provides lower than normal amounts of energy after that (and by lower amounts, I mean lower than normal for the average reactor).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom