Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to move on

The conference room in which they'd convened aboard an Apollyon command carrier was massive. It'd been designed to house flag meetings between all the commanding officers and their aids in comfort. Now it seemed silly as it swallowed the small group up. A perfect example of her own self Domino mused as she prepared to continue the process of downsizing and getting her affairs in order.

"Before we get started I'd like to remind you that this division of assets is only for property belonging to Phenex Industries. Earlier this week I signed paperwork divesting all ties between Outer Rim Resources and its parent company. All relevant personal and equipment have been sorted. On a more personal level, I'll be retaining a modest pension yet no shares.
"Now, it's up to you how the company is divided between you. Just say what you want and lay down a bid, designs, assembled ships, offices, yards, entire departments, all up for grabs." Leaning back in her chair, Domino gave her guests a conspiratorial grin. "Of course as the former supplier to the Black Suns, all of their proprietary technology and designs are on the table as well save for those deemed top secret." Chief among those were the plans for the Reason as well as her own ship, The Sangromancer, along with a few weapons Domino thought too terrible for anything other than being forgotten.

Company Page
Marketplace

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Domino"]

Matsu had been invited and well she wasn't opposed to it, Domino was a friend and getting to help her out even if it was picking her company for the assets to pay her.... well that just made it worth it. She was only hoping there was more then enough to help her friend and move things on a path that aids her. Matsu took a seat and had her hair in braids going down to her ankles, the form fitted brown robes from Ulic and the armband from Nomi looking over some of the things there. The idea of buying a shipyard and some of the designs for it so they could produce more things could come in handy. She was looking at some of the other things they had and locations or work she had done with shuttles and weapons could come in handy.

"I'm here for the company. I can promise that the company can and will be put to good use by means of selling its products to every consumer that has the credits. I will sell to everyone, such as the Black Sun, the GR, Mandos, and every Force User Faction out there....The Sith, The Jedi, The flavor of the week in the Outer Rim.....

In addition to that I do have a few more items in mind to add to its currently amazing selection and I would like to bring up the fact that this....Other person....Has her allegiances and in particular with the Silver Jedi could mean not only fewer sales but only to one type and selection of consumers from the entire galaxy. But don't listen to me, I just like to cause some things to happen. And this galaxy deserves a better class of business person."

Lao Tzu responded to both of them, Dominio and the Master that was seated there. And between Lao and the Master, he was the first to speak. He wanted to make his opinion known and what he was going to do before anyone else. For he knew that the Silver Jedi had their own resources, Lao Tzu and his group, the Okami, did not in basically every area that could be compared to the Jedi. And Lao felt as though the Jedi let the Jedi allow the Sith, Hutts, TU, and everyone else dice up and cause problems for the galaxy. Lao sat there, waiting for response.

A man would stride into the conference room, a slight aura of uneasiness surrounding him. He wore a perfectly tailored back suit, as well as a white mask. He was Lord Ajihad, a well-known Sith assassin. However, at the time he was under a different identity. He was under the guise of Rhodes, an influential crime lord. His wealth and power were seemingly endless, and his identity was shrouded in secret. Those in the criminal underworld feared, as he was well-known for being both precise and ruthless.​
He stopped at the far end of the table, his seemingly hollow eyes staring into those of @Domino. He gave his presence a moment to make everyone in the room extremely uncomfortable, before making his intentions known. His words carried through a voice changer built into the mask, making his voice sound almost robotic in nature. "My name is Rhodes. I am here to purchase the company known as Phenex Industries. Are we ready to begin?" Though it may seem so from an outside point of view, Rhodes was not there for personal reasons. He was there for the benefit of the Black Sun, and to make sure their secrets were not leaked to another owner.​
[member="Lao Tzu"] [member="Matsu Ike"]​

"I've always striven to remain apolitical Mr. Tzu, though I have not always succeeded. And I've known Master Ike long enough to know that she's also just as capable of seeing past conceived boundaries while striving to only sell to those who use her products responsibly." Domino held up what was meant to be a reassuring hand. "As for the resources of the Jedi, you need not worry. As of late I'm less interested in artifacts and musty tomes than more practical resources." Which was near unheard of for her, but recent events had forced a shift in her focus from acquiring rare knowledge and learning to more tangible things. Things that were just as exotic and required the massive influx of cash and exotic material that selling off a multi-billion credit company would generate.

As she finished speaking [member="Lord Ajihad"] was ushered in, late, but whatever. His presence washed throughout the room and Domino scoffed. It was nothing compared to the full effects of a phobius device or even a handful of the people she'd faced. "Have a seat." She said mildly. "And lose the mask, it's juvenile." If he did, he'd have obeyed her. If he chose not to on either matter, he'd be proving her words true, a minor political trick to show how his shenanigans were appreciated.

"I believe all that I have left to say is, 'let the bidding commence.'" She'd let them settle any disputes, hopefully with counter-offers and by slicing out what interested them the most from each other's proposals. Fighting it out would not be tolerated, not while she considered several of the participants to be guests under her hospitality.

[member="Lao Tzu"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Domino"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Lao Tzu"]

Matsu remained quiet while listening to the one speak, her eyes remained more curious sitting there, the black pools taking the man in but she was wondering what she knew or had that could entice Domino more.... Then the woman dropped the bombshell of not wanting knowledge or rare artifacts which sank somewhat. That was one of the biggest things she had compared to others and it gave a more even footing she supposed for the bidding. Somewhat, having an aurodium mine still gave her plenty of credits they generated... Then there was a feeling in her stomach and the sigil on her neck glowed, the white crystal glowing as it was created to aid in countering phobis devices from the harvesters. Her eyes shifted to him and the mask hearing Domino and the bidding had a chance to start. Matsu spoke shifting her attention back to Domino while she bowed her head. "Twelve kilos of aurodium and 2 bolts of vine silk." Also helped having mining interests on worlds that made the silk worth more then some plants economies.

The assassin merely continued to stare at [member="Domino"] as she ordered him to take off his mask. While she might know his identity from giving him the Black Sun, he wasn't all too keen on everyone in the room knowing who he was. He didn't get where he was in life by doing everything people told him anyways. He kept the mask on, and strode over to the large window on the other side of the room. His steps left smoldering footprints in their wake, leaving black imprints on the ground. He wasn't too concerned on ruining the conference room, seeing as how he was about to own it anyways.​
He took several moments staring out the window, observing the bustling night life below. Rhodes found it fascinating how each and every of the millions of people below had their own individual stories. All of which could be erased from history by a simple swing of a lightsaber. He waited until [member="Matsu Ike"] had made her bid, before pondering his own. The silk was worth quite a bit, as was the aurodium. However, that didn't mean it wasn't beyond him to top such a bid.​
"30,000,000 credits and ten Corusca gems."
[member="Lao Tzu"]​

[member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Lao Tzu"] [member="Domino"]

Matsu listened to the bid and raised an eyebrow. One of her bolts was worth more then that. 30% of a worlds economy was a lot and one dress or outfit from it would sell more then enough. Plus well she had far more things going forward with more company assets beyond credits. "Given the value of vine silk per dress and bolt as well as the standard size and weight of ingots to their value the bid of thirty million is greatly outdone.... but I know you Domino and if knowledge might not interest you we do have some assets in beskar, phrik, cortosis and stygium mines. If that interests you or our converters that you have seen and helped create."

"Wow that is a lot of nice shit. But if you purely materialistic like this Jedi over here that prides themselves on the Jedi Code and this, I suspect, Sith and how they too pride themselves on their code. I pride experiences, something that can't be taken away from someone. But if you want one of those deals, then please pick one.

But I can offer you something different that can't be bought and sold on a public or private forum. I can offer you not only a way to alleviating yourself of not working with or dealing with this company any more, for that is minor in the grand scheme of things, but I can offer you solace that what things are manufactured will change the history of countless worlds, any and all newly created merchandise at not even at cost but for free, I can offer you the use of all faculties for any reason and at any time and I can offer you one last item, the limited services of a Mandalorian clan.

Money and stuff sounds nice but you can't take it with you when you die. But you can take experience and memories, and the influence you've made in this life. And this is my offer."

Lao spoke bluntly and to the point. He tried to keep the sarcasm in his voice to a minimal, but he wasn't good at that.

Leaning her chair back, Domino stretched her legs out under the table. "You are correct Lao Tzu, he is a Sith. I'd say his actions gave it away but you're also right in your evaluation of the Jedi of late. Something I hope to change one day. And your offer is a generous one for I still have ideas in abundance to contribute to the galaxy, more so than I could reasonably produce with a single yard. However, your offer doesn't entail anything that I do not already have without selling my company."

"And ah Rhodes, a good first offer though I have all the corusca gems I need and I've found that you never get full market value for material such as that and Master Ike's aurodium and silk." If Domino cared about his continued staring from behind his seemingly eyeless mask or the marks he left on the carpet, she didn't show it. Instead she composed and shot of a private mental message to Matsu inquiring about the details f her offer and quantities that could be provided. "Now, you each know my thoughts and you've heard each other's offers, I'll leave it to you three to present your counters or to nab the parts of Phenex you really want."

[member="Lao Tzu"] [member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Lord Ajihad"]

Ajihad offered a cunning grin beneath his mask. Though his own bid had been deemed near-worthless, so had his rivals'. He combed his mind, thinking of things [member="Domino"] might value. He had the entire wealth compilation of the Black Sun Syndicate and Triad, as well as the resources of two companies and several factions. However, the question remained, what did the Twi'lek want?​
He was silent for a small while, thinking over any and all of his resources. What was she after? What did she want? He pulled out a datapad, and began going over some logistics reports. He highlighted objects that struck him as possible bidding ammunition, which turned out to be quite a few items. After putting together a list, he would announce his bid.​
"I would like to bid a piece of the Kaiburr Crystal, seventy-five million credits, fifty KT1 Battle Droids, one hundred advanced security protocol droids, ten MT-U14 CarbonTraps, six MT-T9 Quantum Plasma-Core Engines, two pairs of MT-T42 Personal Silent Transport Boots, and five Annihilator Seismic Charges. I would like to note that the Kaiburr piece is extraordinarily rare, and the engines are both the fastest in the galaxy and not available to anyone but me. I would also like to remind you that I'm doing this for the Black Sun, not myself."
As he was speaking, he felt a disturbance in the force. It contaminated the air, and smelled of the light side. It almost felt like... telepathy. It seemed at least two of the room's occupants were chatting outside of his earshot.​
[member="Lao Tzu"]​
[member="Matsu Ike"]​
Links:

[member="Domino"] [member="Lao Tzu"] [member="Lord Ajihad"]

Matsu listened to them and Domino as she felt the mental message and replied. 'Gokeiger Pt.1, Gokeiger Pt.2, Gokeiger Pt.3.' She kept her eyes on the others there though and wondered what was going to happen. Ones offer for giving Domino what she had was kind of intirguing, the other though she kept her attention on with the force as he changed his offer and she raised an eyebrow. THe fastest engine in the galaxy for a ship. Hmmm she had a few things but that kaiburr shard was... well rare but she had gotten one within a ring like several jedi had when they discovered them for study. She was looking at Domino and raised an eyebrow. "Well I can't beat him in amounts he can throw at you. He has more I just have knowledge of how to use and create Aing-Tii ships. Their knowledge of space folding and moving faster then any ship in the galaxy and not having to fear interdictors." Matsu stayed there for a moment. "On top of the other things from my personal stores." She had seven companies under Sasori and funding from factions for supplies and gear across the galaxy. It could afford things but Domino wasn't always about material wealth. "There is also one of the compasses we found with the mandalorains. It points to objects of a strong force aura." Matsu smiled mentioning the compass they had found on Myrkr during a treasure hunt.

"Hard as it is to imagine, I don't go tomb diving as much as most girls my age," Domino said to the Master Jedi. "Throw that vine silk back in along with the other item we discussed instead of the compass and you've got yourself a new company." Ajihad's offer had some curious bits to it but she hardly knew what most of it was and a lot of it sounded like whatever he happened to have laying around and not much use to her personally. The engines had sounded nice, but she'd heard that claim about once a week from a high performance engine and she already had plans that precluded the use of highly energized plasma. As for 'doing it for the Suns,' she was done with them as far as she was concerned. That time of her life was over and had been a position she'd chaffed in even as she'd squeezed her position as Supreme Vigo for all its personal benefit to herself and her bank accounts. Besides, he'd had the opportunity to purchase just the relevant designs (that had been publicly sold for some time now) and had passed. Hopefully he'd do what she'd done, hat up and go into business for yourself and stop relying on others to give you a leg up.
[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Lao Tzu"]

[member="Domino"]

Matsu looked at Domino and had a nod for herself in excitement. "Deal, vine silk, stygium, aurodium and the knowledge." Matsu was looking at her and then the others while she was wondering if they had something to counter. She had been ready to settle for dividing the pie as it were but sometimes it was nice to have the whole thing and business partners who might do questionable things well... wasn't always a good thing for the jedi to have as she sat there in the seat making the notes and there was some more to her ideas coming forward. "We'll have everything brought up to the station right away."

[member="Domino"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

Rhodes's eyes held a look of anger as Domino decided against his bid. He had seen it coming, as he had deduced by now that she and the other bidder had some sort of personal connection, putting him at a disadvantage. He didn't particularly feel like bankrupting over the Black Sun over the whole ordeal, so he'd have to drop his bid for the company. However, there was still something he was after.​
"Very well. I withdraw my bid for the company, but there's still something I wish to have. Everything related to the Black Sun Syndicate. Record of purchase, blueprints, technology, and everything affiliated. What would you want for such a thing?"

[member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Domino"] [member="Lao Tzu"]

Matsu looked from Domino to the man as he spoke about the designs and information. "Does he mean that wonderfully large stealth ship we helped you build? I would have thought those blueprints would have been in more places then just your stuff Domino.... same for the rest I mean if it is their equipment why wouldn't they have the designs?" She wondered that and more so what he was really hoping for while bringing her hands up to her chest and clasping them together. "Most of what has been sold has been sold for years on the open market to everyone, I bought one of the disruptor postals easily enough for adventuring."

"Dunno what he means," Domino said kicking her feet up onto the table and leaning back as she started waiting for the aids to draw up the paperwork. "That's for you to figure out, along with the cleaning bill." She gave Ajihad's blackened footprints a meaningful look before continuing. "The Black Suns should have copies of all their standard and advanced tech as well as their own purchasing records." As for the Reason, she'd take care of that issue soon enough, that wasn't a ship she wanted running about the galaxy unopposed. Though she didn't recall Sasori or her company assisting with its construction, odd, but she wasn't about to call her out on it.
[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Lord Ajihad"]

[member="Domino"] [member="Matsu Ike"]

The masked man turned back to the pair of Jedi, rolling his eyes. Did they really have to speak to each other is if he weren't even present. This was beginning to annoy him quite a bit, and he was pretty used to killing those he disliked. He stared at the two of them for a brief moment, before replying.​
"That's my point, as a matter of fact. These items are on the open market, and I no longer wish them to be. I want them to be produced for only the Syndicate from now on. And I am well aware that the Suns have copies of every transaction, but we don't want any record to remain in Phenex from now on."

[member="Domino"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Lao Tzu"]

Matsu heard what he wanted and she raised an eyebrow to it looking at the one man, the other one here who was being strangely quiet and Domino while she wondered more to herself. She looked at the foot marks Domino indicated and Matsu held a hand up as she breathed out and touched the current to cover it as she listened and thought about all the products going just to the black suns, the exclusive contract she was thinking about though and wondering what Domino might have to say. She'd have to brush up on her regulations and rules but she was certain doctoring records so something was not there was illegal...

Maybe contact [member="Lucian Cordel"] and his law firm. He might not be the most moral but he was a lawyer after all and had some ideas. The black marks glowing green to her sight as she set over them the illusion it was clean for now. "Jedi away for those nasty stains." A small laugh to herself at the joke. "The rest, I have no idea about that as this is a business. It runs like a business and gutting its products would not be good for all those people working hard to make them. The Black Sun is many things but it hasn't the resources it once did to pay for exclusive contracts. Or to buy out the designs and products."

She looked at Domino again and turned her head back. "As a jedi I wouldn't accept it as it could bankrupt and be dangerous to people who rely on your syndicate staying with some credits to pay for food and their housing." Go for the diplomatic path with it, she knew a few of the things and maintaining a flow of credits for the non-jedi working for them had been important. It fed their families, it gave them clothing and a place to stay so she couldn't demand enough compensation for Domino's former workers to survive at the cost of another groups. Plus it bought time as she was waiting for the paperwork and most important of all.

"And this is for you." Matsu held her hand as she focused. "My research, training and information on the Aing-Tii and the rift within a small holocron for safety and to practice it. The stygium, vine silk and aurodium will be up my engineer is preparing it for you Domino." Now she was rising up as the small charm bracelet sized holocron she presented. "Know how they get that small, some jedi kept several on a bracelet. Copied the codex and parts of the great for himself in the dark times of the Pius Dea and order of the terrible gaze." She offered a smile standing there and looking at the room. "So I am wondering what you know about those overdrive banks in the star destroyers the empire gave you after they messed up ages ago. Do you think we could compact it and make it for speeders or fighters to give it a quick controlled boost at the right moment to evade."

Nodding, Domino levitated the small holocron to her own hand and, lifting her pant-leg, tucked it down the inside of her sock to the bottom of her boot. Quite the safe place for it, there were no holes for it to fall through and the discomfort was a constant reminder that it was there which would make it near impossible for someone else with the force to take it without her noticing. "Rhodes," She said turning her attention back to the Sith Vigo. "I'd take her advice. This is a chance to re-brand the Suns, to get it out of my shadow and make it fully yours. While you do, you still have what materials and ordinance that survived the pillaging that occurred in my absence." And yes, had participated in herself somewhat (even if mostly by proxy, yay contingency orders!). It was a wonder nobody had noticed the severe lack of street gangs killing themselves with WMD's. "In the meantime, I'd suggest trying to negotiate a discount for the group or asking about the possibility of a moderate royalty of sorts considering that the Suns paid for the development of some of the earlier products. Up to the Apollyon and Dirge. Of course Phenex gave you a development discount in exchange for market rights..." Yeah, Domino had billed and then discounted herself while Vigo, actually it'd started while what's-his-face was Vigo, during her first attempt to leave office. Oh well, it'd been legal at the time and had continued to be after she'd re-taken office. Ahhh, the benefits of Dictatorship. Cypher! That was who it'd been, so many people trying to hide who they really were. Not that she could point fingers, she'd been at it so long that switching back to her real name would probably get her accused of using an alias.

"I do have gifts for everyone though, a consolation prize for you two and a 'thank-you' for Master Ike, should be up with the paperwork... Ah, here we go." Domino said as the doors opened and four uniformed attendants walked in. Three each carried a moderately sized lacquered wooden box which they presented to each of Domino's three guests while the fourth brought Domino a rather hefty stack of electronic flimisies and showed her were to sign and initial throughout the stack before taking it to Matsu. Inside each box was nestled a custom Jakko Hunter in a silk bed along with several speed loaders and differing rows of ammunition ten across. Ajihad's and Lao Tzu's wore identical scroll-work etchings but the one given to Matsu held gold engravings in a light leaf-stem pattern down each side and around the cylinder. Under the barrel on either side it read 'Phenex-Koensayr' in tribute to the company and what it had once been. Each held a beauty in the simplicity of the designs, both inherent of the revolvers themselves and the designs adorning them.

[member="Matsu Ike"] [member="Lord Ajihad"] [member="Lao Tzu"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom