Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time for Repayment

Thule

The eerie glow of the bioluminescence on the rock outcropping nearly matched the Sith Lord's vibrant silver-green gaze as he stared out at a structure in the distance. It was night on this side of the planet, but it was almost impossible to distinguish the difference these days. The rich savannas of the planet were routinely bombarded by electrical storms from the atmosphere. On this particular day, a fierce, true thunderstorm had settled over the area.

As raindrops struck the hood of Cameron's dark blue and grey cloak, his mind wrapped around the reality of what was happening no more than a few hundred meters from his present position. He'd been tracking the entity for some time now, months really. His last encounter with the Twi'lek had been...well...busy. Following said encounter, they had both merely gone their separate ways. Ashmedai, however, had not lost track of where his former pupil went. Tracking her had, of course, increased considerably since he left the Empire to its own devices.

Now?

Well, now he needed to have a little chat, and her bloody path through the galaxy only reinforced that reality. Silently, the Sith Lord jumped down from the outcropping he stood upon. The folds of his cloak fluttered violently in the wind, exposing his upper torso as he dropped rapidly to the ground. Landing with an audible thud, Ashmedai absorbed the shock into his knees and up his legs prior to standing back to his full height. Causally, he honed in on the all too familiar presence of the crimson-hued Twi'lek.

@[member="Koga"]

The thunder crashed and echoed around, making the Twi'Lek's voice inaudible to anyone who wasn't up close and personal. Since their departure, Koga had been focused on fine-tuning her alchemy, so-to-speak. She'd been tracking down various mercinaries to gain specific intel about powerful force users and their abilities. Since her time of Mastering, Koga managed to stumble upon a Dread Lord who taught her the art of fear. She learned that not only did tortured souls have the most fear, but they also had the most raw power.

Lifting the man before her in the air by his throat, Koga's necklace shone in the moonlight beneath the storm, exposing an intoxicating internalized smoke that begged ones soul to gaze further. With a quick flash of lightning and a bolt of thunder, the man dropped to Incendia's feet and lay lifeless on the ground, blood trickling from the corners of his mouth and eyes.
Closing her eyes, Koga allowed the dark energy from the man to flow into the amulet and threw her, causing the amulet to glow a bright crimson red. A wide smirk appeared on the Twi'Lek's face as she backed against the tree, touching the amulet and plotting her next move.

@[member="Cameron Centurion"]

Incendia's body appeared at the edge of his vision just as the individual she'd robbed of life and essence crashed back to the ground. Approaching the Sith Lady from behind, Cameron spoke when he was perhaps two hundred meters away, his voice amplifying through the Force despite the raging storm. "Incendia..."

A subtle smirk played on the Sith Lord's features, just barely visible beneath the veil of darkness provided by the hood of his cloak. Time had passed, but Koga appeared precisely as he recalled. Her presence, on the other hand, had only intensified. Forward progress...good... He needed her to be strong, after all.

@[member="Koga"]

She allowed the energy to course through her veins, tracing down her amulet and lining of her black corset top as she rolled her neck slowly. For that moment, she allowed herself to completely live freely without a care. She felt each feeling, each emotion. She felt the anger of her past, the lust that burned inside her, the greed she most desired... She focused on each sensation around her; each bolt of lightning, each rumble of thunder in the distance, each drop of water that traced over her exposed red-hued skin...

"Incendia...."

Her eye's flashed open at the sound of her name. No matter how much power and how much strength she obtained, one man had always been able to leave her feeling breathless. She knew who it was without even having to look. Taking a deep breathe, she spoke over the storm without moving.

"Lord Ashmedai... Come to enjoy the storm or something a little more... electric?"

Still leaning with her back against the tree, Koga lifted her right hand and allowed lightning to scatter across her fingertips, intensifying as the droplets from the sky touched the charge.

Without saying a word, the Sith Lord stepped around the tree such that he was standing face-to-face with Incendia. For a brief moment, he allowed his gaze to sweep her form, satisfied she hadn't let herself go since their parting. Once his silver-green gaze settled back on her eyes, Ashmedai laughed slightly as he clasped his hands behind his back.

"The storm..." It wasn't his answer, and the Sith Lord briefly cast his gaze to the sky, allowing raindrops to fall in and around his eyes for a moment. Lowering his head, Ashmedai took a step closer to Incendia and placed his right palm just to the right of her head against the trunk of the tree upon which she was leaning. "...in almost any form does not hold my immediate interest, Incendia. I would say curiosity brings me here more than...anything else. You've been quite busy since last we spoke."

The corners of the Sith Lord's lips curled upwards into an amused smile. "Have you the time for an old...friend?"

@[member="Koga"]

Koga leaned her head to the right, exposing her neck, as Cameron looked her over. She wasn't the same naive girl he once knew. She'd grown into her power and her form... She was sure he'd noticed her new sense of confidence.

"Well..." A smirk appeared on the Twi'Lek's face as she answered Cameron. "I have all the time in the world."

Leaning in, she slowly got her face close to his and lightly gazed from his mouth to his eyes.

"The question is, do you?"

She let the moment linger for just a brief moment before moving to the left of Cameron from the tree. She knew he didn't come all this way just to throw out witty playful banter or reminisce on their last meeting. He wanted something. She was curious as to what.

Cameron smiled thinly at Koga's response to his question. She had indeed changed, becoming the woman and Sith he'd more or less always pushed her to be. The memory of the timid, love-sick Twi'lek he had initially met was but a fleeting one at this point. Maintaining his ground as Koga played her part in their game of innuendo and...provocation, the Sith Lord resisted the urge to push the game further.

As Koga stepped off to his left, Cameron dropped his hand and turned to face her once more. "Time I have plenty of. Patience, however, is another matter entirely." Stepping forward slightly, Cameron kept his gaze leveled on Koga as he got to the point. "What is your view on the Sith Empire of late?"

@[member="Koga"]

His patience was something she was all to familiar with. That was exactly why she moved from the tree; exactly why she moved away from what she really desired... If this had been the time of her being a Knight, she would have stayed there. Why? A couple reasons. She would have been debating on whether she should listen to her logic or give in to that raw desire she so desperately craved.. That desire that always got in the way of things. Something he helped her to learn to control. Secondly, she would have stayed out of fear.

Not that she didn't fear him now. Cameron was as lethal as he was stunningly handsome. But before, it was the title she feared. Now, it was power. She respected the vast amount of power she knew flowed through that god-like chiseled body of his and she respected it.

"The Sith Empire?" She laughed lightly, almost as though he were joking by asking her opinion. "I remember being told the great stories of our heritage where evil struck fear in the hearts of many and conquered nearly all... I even recall a time in which that was true, my Lord..." She smiled sweetly at Cameron, as though she were letting him know that she was reflecting on the past. The time of her training. The time in which the Sith were actually Sith. "But those days seem so far away now... I thought about going back a couple of times, but what would be the point? So I could loose all of the potential I've worked so hard to gain? They are spineless... They are not Sith."

She hoped he would respect her honesty.

The Sith Lady's response was met only with a subtle nod of the head from Cameron. "There are a great many individuals within the organization that maintain capability. I have fought and bled alongside many of them." The Sith Lord paused for a moment as he locked eyes with his former student. "The problem is far too many in the current regime believe that the mechanical authority granted to them by a title equates to true power, strength. There was time when the Sith were feared because they were an unknown cohesive entity. The integration of politics into the Sith way of life...have tarnished their perception of reality."

Turning his gaze towards the horizon, Cameron considered a few things for several moments. "The galaxy is different than it once was, Incendia. You can't throw a rock without hitting someone sensitive to the Force in one way or another. In the current galaxy, knowing your own capability is your greatest ally. The challenge is to be a Sith, a bastion of darkness, yet have the power to manipulate the thoughts and actions of someone that...follows a different path. What do you call someone that controls the fate of any in their presence, light side, dark side, or indifferent?"

Cameron's silver-green gaze fell back on Koga as he waited for an answer expectantly.

@[member="Koga"]

Koga listened carefully. She respected Cameron, much as she always had. He had a lot of knowledge and a lot of experience. Her desire for knowledge and learning never changed. If she valued anyone's opinion, it was his.

"A deity would be the only thing that could alter anything and everything in it's presence...."

He went from Sith to god... Now she was intrigued.

Cameron was the epitome of not a deity. Deities did not actually exist. The supreme power in the galaxy was the Force, period. However, Koga's answer was correct all the same. "Yes. Which as you and I know, do not actually exist. There are plenty of religions and belief systems out there that would think otherwise. Feeble attempts to explain what is, ultimately, the Force at work. Now...consider a group based on faith in a deity, a number of deities. Is the simple mention of some deity enough to maintain the allegiance and obedience of the masses? No, the sentients of the galaxy are a mob. They seek explanation and understanding for the things they cannot innately understand."

Extending his left hand, the Sith Lord allowed tendrils of purple-white lightning to arc and crackle around his hand. "Consider if that same populace is able to bear witness to an act...timed to coincide with a decision made or not made by the aforementioned populace. Belief will strengthen...for a time. What if one of the very same deities then chose to walk amongst the populace in a mortal shell...a shell capable of being destroyed as any mortal?" The Sith Lord expanded the lightning dancing around his hand straight up into the sky. Immediately, it connected with the natural storms of the planet, causing the area to be momentarily bombarded by the raw energy of the dark side.

As the two Sith were cast in an eerie glow, Cameron stepped towards Koga, keeping his hand outstretched. "There is only one thing more powerful than a deity, Koga. It is the prophet, the scion that connects the fantasy of a deity with the people who worship said deity. An individual capable of moving in the shadows to arrange the pieces on the game board of life." Allowing the energy in his hand to dissipate, Cameron clasped his hands behind his back once more. "The Sith Lords of old were once worshipped as Gods. In today's galaxy, however, that is not enough. Strength belongs to the organizations and individuals capable of mixing in both elements of larger society. Whether light or dark, we all exist to maintain a balance in the Force. Those that reject this notion and struggle against it, will always fail. It is not the false deity that holds the power. It is the silent bastion of knowledge and power that maintains the strength of the Force."

Pausing, Cameron exhaled softly, understanding much of what he was saying very well might not have made any sense. "I've only found one place truly understanding of this concept, preying on society's need for explanation and salvation. The illusion is maintained by those manipulating both the light and dark side of the Force, representing deities that symbolize either side. Do you possess the ability to walk in a galaxy as such?"

Koga's response would determine the length of their continued interaction.

@[member="Koga"]

Koga thought for a moment, watching the intricate energy her mentor produced with his hands. He was correct, no deities existed here... There was only the Force. But the general populous was narrow minded and nieve enough to need to believe in something. The Force was difficult to explain, and for those who didn't have it, it was even more difficult to understand.

As far as sentient beings believing in such nonsense, she could understand that as well. Sometimes it was easier to blame things like fate, alignment, and even potential on a god rather than evolution or just choice and persistence alone.

"Yes, Cameron. I have both that capability and understand it... That's a lot of power in the hands of just a few mortals, however. Who keeps them from abusing that kind of privilege?"

Cameron smiled broadly at Koga's question. "Would you like to find out?" Stepping close to Koga, the Sith Lord acted without really bothering to wait for a response. Placing two fingers from his left hand to her right temple, the Sith Lord manipulated the Force to plant a small packet of knowledge into her mind. He was relatively certain that Koga would not resist him.

"Travel there, go to the temple, and ask to speak with Priest of Aatrox." Dropping his hand, the Sith Lord took a step back as he clasped his hands behind his back once more. "The answer awaits you there."

@[member="Koga"]

Koga took a step back as he did, trying to process the flash of the image she saw in her mind. Slowly, she nodded. She was more curious than anything at this point.

If this had been the past, Koga would have never walked away from someone she cared for. Truth was, she didn't even know what she felt. Time had given her that. Experience had granted her that luxury. She didn't need to know. Unlike before, she was not so consumed by her emotions that she blindly followed them. She was different now. And walking away from him meant answers to a deeper question. But did he come all this way just to send her to a temple?

"As much as I enjoy the stalking, if you wanted a date all you had to do was ask..." Koga leaned against the tree once again, a playful smirk on her face as she looked at the tan Master before her.

The motivation behind Cameron's machinations, as always, would be revealed when and if the Sith Lord deemed it necessary. However, it was certainly not uncommon for that necessity to fail to manifest. Watching Koga, Cameron arched a curious eyebrow though a smile lingered on his lips. "I keep tabs on all that I may have use for, and I don't date."

Breaking with his amused expression, the Sith Lord rolled his eyes briefly. The terms placed on personal relationships between sentients were pointless to him as so many other things were. Emotions however were always far more telling of the reality of a situation. Waving a dismissive hand, Cameron allowed the smile to return to his lips. "If there is nothing else, I leave you to your previous activities."

@[member="Koga"]

Thunder boomed once again as the Twi'Lek watched the Sith Lord, untouched and unimpressed by his ability to remain so detached. Koga learned long ago to avoid personal relationships, but that didn't stop her from craving the benefits of one... It was the the complications that came with such a relationship she avoided; the complications of even doing the most simplest of tasks... Those were things she didn't miss. But what she did crave was the pure, raw emotion that only that desire could give her. It was a weakness if allowed to consume ones every thought and action, but it was a power if used correctly.

Truth was, she didn't want him to leave. She had feelings for him and no matter how much or long she tried to fight them, they weren't going anywhere. Looking into his eyes, she knew her fiery soul would let escape the burning desire for him to just, for once, not walk away. Her heart or mind weren't asking for forever... She just wanted to know if the feelings were mutual or if she was completely insane.

Smiling, Koga walked up to Cameron so that they were face-to-face and gently placed one hand onto his right shoulder. "You said you were curious as to what I've been up to since we last spoke... I've been tracking down and harvesting the power of sentient beings to increase my own abilities. Want to know how?" A bolt of lightning struck as she finished her question, lighting up the mischievous look in the Sith's eyes as she traced his muscle to his chest.

The unfortunate reality was that much had changed since Cameron and Koga last interacted. The Sith Lord counted her as a...friend, and he tended to afford even that level of 'affection' for precious few. Ashemdai had always been attracted to those that wielded their strength with a subtle grace that commande obedience by their mere presence, but it was not exclusively a trait maintained by the attractive Twi'lek before him.

However, as her fingers came into contact with his body, Cameron did not move one way or the other. Everyone had their own way of acquiring that which they desired, and he did not tend to judge. Certainly, things would only progress as he desired. "I did say that, yes. Educate me." The smile on Cameron's lips broadened just slightly as he casually reached up and removed Koga's hand from his body.

@[member="Koga"]

The Twi'Lek look questioningly at the Sith a lord before her as he moved her hands from his vhest. She didn't fight him though. If she wasn't what he desired than she wouldn't force him... He would hopefully realize her true value with time.

Leaning in, the Twi'lek touched her soft lips lightly to the corner of Cameron's mouth, gently touching his cheek as she did. "I understand..."

Sighing deeply, the smile on her face faded slightly as she took a couple steps away from him to put some distance between them. If she stayed that close to him, she wouldn't be able to respect what he was trying to so kindly tell her in so few words. And she'd worked hard to not be a Slave to her emotions.

The Twi'Lek stood in the rain for a moment, gazing upon the Sith Lord in the night air. Somehow the storm seemed to calm her and made his rejection easier for her to cope with. And if he wasn't rejecting her, she was leaving it to him to reach each out to her.

Without any more hesitation, the Sith casually wandered over to the lifeless copse she had taken the soul from earlier. Motioning for Cameron to join her beside the body, she knelt down and stared into his pale white eyes.

"He was a Sith. Do you recognize the ancient tattoo his neck? It's from a very particular cult in the outer region; very isolated and very powerful..."

Cameron permitted Koga whatever subtleties she required to make sense of the situation. Truth be told, he was not rejecting her for any reason other than the fact she was not the one he truly desired. If there was anything that could be accurately stated about Cameron Centurion, it was that he wanted what he wanted. If he gave Koga what she so obviously desired right this second, it would give neither of them anything. Had there been a time when Cameron desired Koga as she presently desired him? Yes, that was absolutely the case. However, the Sith Lord was not one to wait for others to...come to their senses as it were.

In the end of the day, he respected her as a Sith to no end. Likewise, he most certainly could see her worth. He'd not tracked her to this location and made the trip out of some misguided physical attraction. Cameron desired Koga more for her capability and power than anything else. What he would not do, however, was allow her to play the victim, to feel wounded. "Stop it, Koga. The time for us is not now. I did not travel here for a repeat of our last meeting, pleasurable though it certainly was. I need you not for your body. I need you for your mind, your strength, and your intelligence. If that is not enough, then I have misjudged you."

The Sith Lord's irritation threatened to boil over as he silently walked towards Koga and knelt down beside her. For a moment, he surveyed the body before making a cold, declarative statement. "The point, Koga." The Sith Lord cared not what group the individual may or may not have been part of. He didn't even care what the individual claimed their force alignment to be. Power and strength did not betray those that respected its nature and employed it effectively. Whoever this person on the ground had once been, it was clearly not a person of success...or they would not be in the predicament of being, you know...

Dead.

@[member="Koga"]

"You mistake my change in posture for hurt feelings. I assure you, that is not the case." She attempted to sooth his quickly boiling anger with a quick statement and a warm smile before looking back at the body.

"Right. I tried harvesting the souls from many sentient beings and found that darksiders have the greatest raw power, which is useful in what my plans are... The marks I'm showing you are the specific tribes I'm looking for. They're pure bloods... They infuse themselves with darkness to make themselves stronger. In order for me to harvest that power, I have to kill them and wait for their soul to be released. I trap it before it becomes one with the Force."

Standing up, Koga looked over to Cameron to see his reaction. She knew he wouldn't care either way what she was doing, necessarily, but he may be intrigued by the process and what she was doing with the power.

"Their souls enhance my abilities. They give me more power... since I have this new power, I have the potential for new abilities. I'm happy I ran into you. I could use your help with something. Think you could teach an old dog a new trick?" And just like that her playfully sly smirk was back as she looked at the Sith Lord from the corner of her eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom