Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Flies...When You're A Pilot

Decker had gotten his squadron to set up for a small break after some operations. They deserved a bit of a vacation, anywhere. Shouldering his pack, he headed for the marketplace of the city they had moved to stay at. The Mynock Rock was set up at a station just above the atmosphere of the planet. There it waited for the squadron's return. He had left his squadmates to their own devices as he moved off. Maybe Decker would find something.

As he passed by stalls, he saw plenty of spices and food stalls, clothing and even a tool stall. Which mildly surprised him, since some of the tools would be something at a mechanic store, or in a hangar. It would surprise him more if there was a weapon stall...but who knows, maybe there was.

Stopping by one of the stalls, he looked over some fruits. Taking one and purchasing it, Decker wandered along as he took a bite out of the apple. Apples, been a while since he had any of those. Like the fruits of Naboo...

[member="Andrai Willows"]

It'd been a rough escape and all but six of her crewmen had remained AWOL. Those six were supposed to meet her here once things had calmed more.

The message had been sent and the place had been set up. The trinkets and goods she'd managed to get away with were pawned and now Andrai found herself wandering through the stalls of the marketplace, pale green hues glanced and studying the random tools in the nearby stall. Her ship was craving attention and to be fixed... It was just what tools she could get away with getting and fixing 'er up versus what she could keep safe in her pocket.

Fingers lightly came down to run along a few different items. They'd be so easy to take without the lingering eyes if there was a distraction. However, that wasn't what she was here for and at the moment it'd probably be best to attempt to lay low.

Now the only question was- How much money did she want to spend?

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker ate more from the apple. As he went along through the marketplace, he stopped just a few paces from the tool stall. He may as well get some new tools, stock up a bit. And practice his fixing skills. As he went over, he saw another there going by and gave a little two fingered salute. "Well, hello there" he said. There was something about them...but it did not cross his mind. After he spoke up, Decker turned over a spanner in his hand.

But, of course his mouth got the better of him and he spoke more. "So, what's a pretty lady like you doing in a like this? Looking for tools, too?" He set the hydrospanner back down onto the stall top. There were some good tools here but most looked used. "Hey, know what this is?" he asked, lifting it up. Apparently, he forgot what a laser drill looks like.

She's noticed the man coming into the stall and knew the face fairly quickly. After all, it was hard to forget when you were almost bested. The stranger had given her a run for her money. Literally.

"No I just came here because I like shiny things-" She'd pause as he asked what the laser drill was in his hand. Full lips curling into a grin while she stepped closer and took the tool from his grasp, continuing what she had begun to say."-Including this laser drill. It's in decent condition, actually."

With that her attentions left the man briefly, turning it around a bit in her hands and studying it to make sure it would work for certain repairs she needed to do for her hull.

"It'll be useful for patching up some the damage you put in my ship."

With that she'd grin even more, gaze lifting to look at him and see his reaction, wondering if he was still on the hunt of if she'd exhausted him as well.

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker looked between the woman and the stall owner. And still he could swear he recognized her...even when she spoke it sounded familiar? But still, from where? It was there, in the back of his mind. She seemed to grin before stepping closer. He himself smirked, before the tool was taken from his hand. "Laser drill, right...I knew that. Just testing your knowledge." As well as learning what it was, for himself. But he wouldn't say that aloud, now would he?

Then as soon as she said that, it clicked for Decker. "Oh, right! Never got your name, wish I did...no hard feelings, right?" he put his hand out, as if he hadn't even cost her a bunch of credits of work on her ship. Had it been anyone else, he would be on the ground groaning already.

Eyes sparkled wildly at his words, clearly debating whether she wanted to tear him apart with her words or otherwise. Still, though, she had respect for him. Not many could come as close as he did to shooting her out of the sky and still be standing to tell the tale.

With that her hand came out to take his, the flesh soft save for a few rough edges that only a pilot and engineer would know came from years of building and rebuilding ships and engines.

"I wouldn't say no hard feelings. You've cost me a pretty fair amount of stress and frustration when it comes to my ship and livelihood."

Plush bottom lip was sucked into her mouth to nibble on it for a moment, leaning against the stalls table slightly. "What's brought you here? Track me down and slap some cuffs on me? Or is there something else? Like trying to figure out the names of tools?" A dark, slender brow would perk as she poked fun at him a little, clearly enjoying herself.

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker pouted slightly, he was a bit saddened if she held a grudge. To him it was a just friendly competition. And to have a friendly competition with someone he felt that he would soon start flirting with, if he had not already, it made him pout more that there may be bad blood. Then his hand was in hers...wait, when did that happen? He had been too busy looking at her face, trying to match it to his competition. Somehow, he had missed his hand being taken by hers.

"Well then...I owe you for that, at least. You put up a fight, but I wouldn't be a gentleman if I didn't pay you back for shooting you down, right?" he asked smugly. "I don't have any cuffs. And if I did...well, let's not go there." That he said with a smirk. "Now...how can I repay you? Credits? Some help fixing up?"

Again a playful, almost dangerous sparkle shined within her eyes as he spoke about cuffs and shooting her down. Forcing a soft laugh to escape as she let his hand go and shook her head.

"You didn't shoot me down, flyboy. You did give me a run and a few holes in my ship. I may even have a couple grey hairs in this dark hair thanks to you... As far as repaying me... Well, what do you have in mind?"

Her head would tilt slightly while her arms crossed beneath her breasts, causing them to lift up a little more in her corset top, waiting for his response. She wasn't sure what he had in mind and there was a bit of morbid curiosity bouncing around within her mind. What was he going to say about hand cuffs? Better yet what made him stop? Andy was always up for a bit of flirting banter and a man who could almost fly circles around her was definitely one who peaked her interests. It was a bonus he wasn't all that bad on the eyes either.

[member="Decker Willo"]

"So, you didn't go down after then? Well, lucky you" he grinned more, wanting to make a remark on his accuracy. But he held back on that. The stall owner seemed to be giving them some weird looks now. Decker laughed a bit at the grey hair comment. "Me, giving you grey hairs? What, make you dye your hair or something?" His gaze shifted away from her face for a couple seconds too long as his smirk grew. It would be obvious why he did so.

"So, I guess I could help you fix your ship. I know how, got an engineering crew that can help out too...if you are willing." Decker pulled up his commlink, ready to call in the help needed. It was up to her if she wanted the help... and he would have to hope that none of them recognized her as well. They didn't exactly think like him.

"So then, where is this ship of yours? I got mine at the atmospheric station." Up there, somewhere. Taking a break off from operations and fighting and all of that.

His growing grin made her laugh a little more before responding, shaking her head a bit again "Getting away from you was stressful, for sure. Don't let anyone else know I admitted to that, though. I'd never hear the end of it." Her brow would perk again and eyes would follow his down to her chest, now letting out a full laugh before looking toward the merchant and offered a couple credits.

When he brought out the commlink she shook her head and brought her hand up to to lower it, eyes looking into his.

"I very much doubt your crew would appreciate seeing this face of mine again so soon. Especially when it comes to helping me out."

She'd not her head toward where the outskirts of the village they were in was, signalling that's where her ship was. "She's resting in silence so as to not bring too much attention to 'er... It's nice to know you're not here on business, though."

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker laughed with her, he held no shame at all. "Well, would be fun cause imagine how I'd never hear the end of it either. 'Decker, the pilot who took down...'" He motioned for a name from her, as he had none. It would be quite a tale, to him at least. And his own ship had taken plenty of hits itself. Not something he was new to.

She lowered his commlink, and his gaze move to the hand that did so. Her hand was a bit warm on his, for a moment yet he did not focus too long on it. Instead he focused back to her face, her own gaze. It was true, his squadron was no where near as forgiving as Decker himself. "True...some of them are a lot meaner than I. Could say I'm the better of the group." Decker paused for a moment as she nodded in a direction.

"So that way, huh?" He lowered his commlink and back into his pocket. "Don't need to worry about any bombing run. None of my crew or squad no where I'm at...so shall I help the lady get back off this planet, then?"

She'd push off the table, nodding a thank you to the vendor before starting to make her way through the rest of the stalls, "Andrai. Though my crew call me Dead eye or Andy. Depends on which side of me they've gotten to know."

The smile that played along her lips was a genuine one while shrugging her shoulders when he spoke of his crew, "Honestly it's not the mean I worry about. I'm worth my salt when it comes to dealing with brutes. I just don't feel like doing it at the moment. I can here in hopes to not have of that follow me and let out some... Frustrations."

It was true that fighting and getting out some violence was a rather good way to work everything out but Andrai had other thoughts whirling through her mind. But fixing the ship. Yeah. That may work too. Nothing better than getting nice and greasy, right?

"Follow if you dare, Flyboy."

Though she had his name it was clear she enjoyed calling him that, letting her hips sway just that much more to grab his attention purposely for a brief moment.

"I warn you, though. It's rather secluded. Noone will hear you scream."

[member="Decker Willo"]

She'd push off the table, nodding a thank you to the vendor before starting to make her way through the rest of the stalls, "Andrai. Though my crew call me Dead eye or Andy. Depends on which side of me they've gotten to know."

The smile that played along her lips was a genuine one while shrugging her shoulders when he spoke of his crew, "Honestly it's not the mean I worry about. I'm worth my salt when it comes to dealing with brutes. I just don't feel like doing it at the moment. I can here in hopes to not have of that follow me and let out some... Frustrations."

It was true that fighting and getting out some violence was a rather good way to work everything out but Andrai had other thoughts whirling through her mind. But fixing the ship. Yeah. That may work too. Nothing better than getting nice and greasy, right?

"Follow if you dare, Flyboy."

Though she had his name it was clear she enjoyed calling him that, letting her hips sway just that much more to grab his attention purposely for a brief moment.

"I warn you, though. It's rather secluded. Noone will hear you scream."

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker followed suit from the stall, going along the others. He hadn't finished eating his apple just yet, so got to continuing on the fruit while they went along. Every now and then shifting his gaze to a lower point of view. "All I got as a nickname is Deckman. 'Clear the deck for Deckman!'" he mockingly shouted, as if pretending to be one of his crew.

"Frustrations...how I deal with my frustrations? Flying. It makes you feel so free, so high and above." It was how he dealt with such problems. Brutes, he blasted them with his ship. Frustrated with one of his squad? Challenge to a race or a fake dogfight. It was how he let loose. But on the ground? On the ground, he tended to be tense. Decker was managing to hide that feeling for now, however. "Flyboy? Ain't that a new one...I like it. Flyboy." And then he chuckled at that last remark. "I don't scream..."

[member="Naria Vi'dreya"]

Andrai would laugh softly as he shouted out and shook her head. It'd been a while since she'd been able to let loose. She'd been on Vjun so long that it wasn't really the best of moods she'd been in and being in hiding wasn't really her style. She wanted them to know her face but not be able to say where she'd gone. Wives would scold and kick husbands to the curb while she snuck out a window with all the fortunes she could carry and like a whisper in the dark she would be gone. That was how she liked to do her pirating.

When he spoke of how he dealt with his issues she would nod her head, the expression on the feminine features of her face showing she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Honestly I don't feel I can let loose unless I'm on my ship. Holes and all. It's been through hell an' back with me."

Another nod would follow as they moved further into a more wooded area, not far from the ship now. "And you may not scream yet but I can't promise to behave when I'm within my own vessel. None of the crew are there so I've been left to my own devices. Basically just tinkering with the engine to see if I can get 'er movin' faster. In case you're the one to chase me down again."

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker Willo nodded along with that. It was all he could do to hold together, when he was not in that fighter of his. "Me and my fighter...we've been through a lot. Faced Vong, First Order...pirates" he bumped her shoulder with his, smirking. But he had lost many squadmates in the battles that he had faced. And just thinking of that, his face fell a bit. "Lots of friends have stuck with me throughout the years...throughout the fighting." He quickly plastered over a grin, quickly after. No doubt her crew was her friends.

"I'll behave. It ain't my home I'm stepping into, so I do hope my behavior helps to keep me safe, yeah?" he asked, with that smug look again. Hearing that there were no crew about, he wondered if they were on their own rest as well, or...something else had happened to them. But he did not ask. "So, engine first then."

Andrai laughed a bit at his words when he'd bumped her shoulder, nudging herself against him. "Eh my crewmen are just that. I've six that have stuck with me and I very much doubt they'll be making their way here quickly."

Once they actually made it to the ship he could see the actual damage he'd done to it. She was lucky to have gotten away and to have landed safely out here where they wouldn't be disturbed. She said nothing about it, though, merely opened the door and climbed on in, waving a hand up for him to follow as she worked off the under shirt she'd worn beneath her corset top. It got warm near the engine and she didn't want to ruin the nice white fabric of her only good shirt.

She'd take a wrench and open up the boarding area where the engine to her ship was and most of the delicate things that made it work.

"So... How good are you? With cuffs, I mean. If you don't use them for the criminals you catch." Her tone teasingly playful as she began working on the machinery.

[member="Decker Willo"]

Decker noted that, six crew members. He knew all the crew on board the Mynock Rock. Every single face and name, and even went as far as learning the recruits on the first day. If he was there for their first day, at least. At least replacement need had lessened since their days in the Alliance. "Well that's fine loyalty you have there, I guess." Or maybe she was right, that it was just cause they wouldn't make it out there.

As he was going aboard, he tossed back the finished apple core. He looked over the damage, and smirked to himself. "Wow, I did do quite a lot of damage...is it bad if I say I'm proud of myself?" he said, running his hand over one of the ships walls. Of course he was joking and the look he had showed so, but would no doubt get something thrown at him. Decker smirked at the question. "That's for e to know and you to...well you might not want to find out. So, what am I doing?"

Andy laughed as he spoke of being proud of himself. "Only if it's bad that I say I'm even more proud of getting out of there with so much as a scrape. And you're allowed to gloat only if you find a way to make it up to me."

Once he spoke of the handcuffs she laughed again, glancing over to him from her position at the moment. "And just who are you to assume I may not want to find out? What is it you want to do?"

A slender brow rose, waiting for his response with the wrench still in hand, pausing in it's work to loosen the bolt she'd been working on.

[member="Decker Willo"]

Now that he grinned at, widely. Yes, she should be proud. For, she avoided a while squadron of fighters and a corvette that had the airspace on lockdown. Not even he alone could. Herself and crew, and ship, must have been very capable. He went over to just behind her, looking over the engine. How would he fix an engine? Now doubt get an engineer to help him.

Decker was trying to hold his laughter together. Again, he had no shame. "They have...many uses. But I have none on me." Decker smirked at her from behind. "It's in worse shape then I thought it would be...I'm actually starting to feel bad. Do you need to buy new parts? I can fetch them if you need."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom