Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Tilrinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
lIWFxVC.jpg
tumblr_onn4gvwfUA1qbs6i5o1_1280.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a city concept for Circumtore while it is under SJC's influence.
  • Image Credit:
    Image 1 (Deviant Art link no longer works), Image 2, Image 3 (I reverse searched this and I can't find any definitive origins)
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Circumtore, Shell Hutts
SETTING INFORMATION
  • City Name: Tilrinn
  • Classification: Metropolis
  • Affiliation: Silver Jedi Concord
  • Population: Crowded - 100 million
  • Demographics: 70% Shell Hutts, 30% Other (Human, Rodian, Twi'lek, Zabrak ect)
  • Wealth: Medium - The world was formerly funded by its criminal endeavours but once under SJC's influence it was invested in by the Concord in an attempt at creating a more stable world. They succeeded partially in helping to stabilise the economy but there is still an element of criminality which funds the planetoid.
  • Stability: Medium - Law and Order is maintained partially by the SJC but the criminality on Circumtore is deeply engrained in its culture and history due to it being a historically Hutt world. It is not entirely peaceful nor full of law-abiding citizens but most of the corruption and criminality is underground and slavery has been eradicated to the Concord's knowledge. It is safe for the average traveller but can also provide a hub for criminal activity for those who know where to find it.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Equal opportunity society with laws enforced by the SJC to protect against slavery and other crime.
  • Description: As the capital city of Circumtore, Tilrinn is a heavily populated hub of life amalgamated of beings from across the galaxy from all walks of life. The city is formed of two divisive parts: the sky-top and lower city. While all officially part of the same city, they are unofficially sectioned by locals as the Undercity is where much of the criminality continues while the Concord work on the reformation of the more reputable upper levels of the city.
POINTS OF INTEREST
a80f96a4df8dffb25f27a1f2e8dafe42.jpg

Sky-top city: The upper levels of the city are unofficially known as the Sky-top city due to the high-rise buildings with walkways linking them, leaving those who reside in the upper levels of the city little reason to travel to the under city. In the efforts to provide peace and stability to the planet, the Jedi began inadvertently widening the class divide.

Tilrinn Centre for Economic Affairs: A sector of high-rise buildings which is the centre of trade, commerce, banking and other economic affairs on Circumtore and other planets in the sector due to the industrialised and artificial nature of Circumtore.

Undercity: The ground-floor level of the city and below are considered to be the undercity as it is a downtrodden area of the city and though there have been improvements in the level of poverty since the Concord began their efforts in stabilise the crime and economy present, these efforts stagnated once focus turned to their ongoing war.

SECURITY: Medium

The city was afforded several defence systems due to being a border world at the time of war including extra air defence towers and a Bulwark-class Planetary Shield Generator. While Tilrinn has no military force of its own, it is protected by military personnel provided by the Concord, approximately 100,000 in number. As one of the more stable Hutt worlds, a large portion of the economy for this sector is based in Tilrinn so the Centre for Economic Affairs, which is comprised of a sector of high-rise buildings, is protected by several deflector shields.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
Like many Hutt worlds, before Circumtore came under the Silver Jedi Concord's influence, the planet and her cities were riddled with organised crime due to the colonisation of Shell Hutts, meaning crime became deep-rooted into its history and culture and posed a problem to the Concord whose laws outlawed slavery and smuggling, among other sources of illegitimate income that the city and planet relied upon.

Once the Concord had a presence on the planet, they began reformation of the capital city of Talrinn in an attempt at eradicating the crime within and creating an economic powerhouse to boost the local economy and provide a centre for the economy of all nearby Hutt worlds. While the Concord were successful in eradicating some over the poverty in the lower city, there is still evidence of a widening class-divide among the population.

This reformation was eventually neglected due to the focus shifting onto the ongoing war, allowing crime and corruption to once again begin to fester in the undercity as rumours of an uprising from the underclass were beginning to gain traction.

Last edited:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Sunfrog Sunfrog This is a very solid submission! Love the pictures you've used here too. I just have one tiny thing that needs fixing before I approve this one:

Affiliation | Please link the SJC home page here.
Feel free to give me a tag once this is done and I'll be happy to approve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom