Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tier 6 Company Prefixes

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Major Factions achieve a certain status within the factory. Though they're not used as often anymore major factions receive a Prefix within the factory. Prefixes, if you don't know are incredibly easy to actually make and set up(They take like 2 minutes each) on an admin side, they're also something neat that people take pride in.

I propose that when a company achieve Tier 6 Status they can apply for a Prefix to me made for their company.

It's something that's not big, but it's something that a person can take pride in, after all at Tier 6 a company is nearly equal to a Major Faction in production scale. I think it would be a good reward for people working hard enough to achieve something like that, and if the added work for admins or RPJ's is an issue I'll happily take care of it all myself.

[member="Alric Kuhn"]
There is two main reasons to speak against this concept.

1. Each prefix adds to the long list of prefixes the board already has for its FJs. Would not just adding a tag into each thread (which does the same thing effectively) not be a more efficient way?
  2. By definition Tier 6 companies have dozens of subs each. Is it going to be the policy to go back and change the prefix for every one? That sounds very time consuming and not altogether rewarding.

Companies already have marketplace threads with their items listed. Does this really help or is it just another use of forum resources?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

1. These can be manually added or removed, and even hidden if they show up in the drop down. I also cleaned some of them up already because "Shadow Empire", "Rebel Alliance", etc. Aren't really necessary anymore. I doubt the additional prefixes bother anyone since there is already a scroll wheel.
2. I literally just said I would do all the additional work, and I'm sure other RPJ's or even admins wouldn't mind either as it takes literally half a second for each sub. The Application process would be a simple thread where Tier 6's can apply and link all their subs for their prefix. They would be changed when someone felt like changing them. It is not a draw on resources at all.

This is something neat and small that we can give people who've contributed a fuck ton to the board by making subs, roleplays, and garnering activity. It's also important to note that there's like...7 tops Tier 6 Companies with maybe 3 of those actually being active? Not a huge deal.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Prefix Application:

(These will be completed on the admin and RPJ's own time and are not an instant update)
Name Of Company: (Name of your Company.)
Company Link: (Link to your company.)
Your Tier Six Expansion: (A link to the post and confirmation of your companies Tier 6 expansion)
Preferred Prefix Color: (What is the color of the prefix you would prefer? Note; Not all colors are possible and some(like light green) are not allowed)
Links To Subs: (Link the submissions you would like the prefix added to)

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

As I previously explained, it is not in any way necessary. It is a way of rewarding members who have given time, activity, and a hell of a lot of posts to SWRP.

Not everything needs to be necessary, sometimes it's just nice to do something cool for people who have worked hard.

[member="Alric Kuhn"] I understand that, but in regards to our previous attempt at prefixes we didnt do too hot keeping them up. Also youre wanting to allow thrm to add the prefix to possibly all their submissions, a lot of t6 has A LOT of submissions, I propose a hard limit on how many they can request before they go on all the new submissions as a necessary prefix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom