Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tiempo de Vals

Appearance

Tags Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

The venue by all means warranted applause.

It would appear that, in the wake of recent events, the Alliance was more keen than ever to prove their foundation couldn’t easily be shaken. A message that spared no expense.

Snaking its way to the highest level of Coruscant, the Senate building stood imposing against a background of gold light. Intermittently, a swell of music leaked through less fortified walls of the tower, casting an image of opulence to any passerby.

Galas were by no means an intimidating prospect to Lukka. After all, she’d practically been raised with a blood-hound-like ability to navigate them. But this time around was instinctively different. Despite the familiarity, Lukka couldn’t help but feel on edge amidst the crowd. In truth, the young diplomat had every reason to seem emboldened. She’d made her rounds rather diligently, securing valuable introductions to every socialite of particular relevance she could buy the attention of.

To say the least, the girl was highly proactive, shouldering the iron-clad expectations of her parents in relative stride.

Regardless, there remained an unshakeable feeling of risk hung in the air. A lot was riding on tonight to establish a reputation, a fact not easily forgotten. Only within the confines of her mind, a blended mix of anticipation and anxiety was free to thrash around. Outwardly shielded by a look of utter composure.

Busying her hands with a glass, she worked to regain her bearings silently. Taking an encompassing view of the unfolding gala while simultaneously testing her knowledge against the myriad of politicians. An importu game of internal Trivia to ease her nerves. A hand resting on the table cloth behind her, she brought the glass up to her lip. Intent on at least enjoying the evening.​

SENATE BUILDING, CORUSCANT
OUTFIT

"A pleasure to meet you, I am Senator Organa... Mmm... Yes, it is I, Senator Organa... Senator Organa here. How's it... how's it going?... Ugh..."

Perhaps the worst place to practice one's introduction to the greater galaxy was in the back of an airspeeder taxi.

With the wind tossing his naturally-untamed hair, the sounds of traffic assaulting his ears, and the breathtaking view of the Senate building below, Alicio could barely focus on his task at hand. Above all that, he made sure to mutter it all under his breath, so as not to disturb the Dug taxi-driver, who kept looking back at the man weirdly.

Alicio had been to a few Coruscanti gatherings before. But always, it had been on behalf of Queen Faith, or for a charitable cause. Never had he gone to a gala with the express intent of networking for himself.

It was critically important that he put a good foot forward.

The speeder descended to Coruscant's surface, and Alicio disembarked, straightening his cape around his shoulders, and ensuring his traditional Alderaanian garb hadn't developed any new wrinkles since ironing it twice that morning. Content he looked presentable, the Count walked pensively up to the sounds of a high-society party, black cane tapping at his side, the taste of a waltz on his tongue.

He hesitated at the doorway for but a second, absorbing all the courage he could. Entering the Senate building, the nobleman immediately gravitated towards the edge of the merriment, looking a touch uncomfortable.

- Lukka Sacchi Lukka Sacchi -

Last edited:

It wasn’t long before Lukka’s attention drifted towards a certain wallflower. An Alderaanian who clung to the edge of the crowd with clear reservations. Her only outward acknowledgment was a simple quirk of the eyebrow, regarding the freshly-made senator from afar.

In bold contraindication to the masses, he wore muted colors, a wrinkle-free cape obscuring most of his wardrobe. As mysterious of his attire was, he wore his emotions quite openly, shying away from the main surge of partygoers. Oddly introspective.

Well not oddly. If she were to guess they were in similar positions. Testing the waters of a system they didn’t completely understand in hopes of establishing themselves. Without much deliberation she decided to offer something in the form of consolation, scoping out another glass from behind her.

With that she made her approach, grabbing the Senator’s attention gradually.

“Hope you don’t mind me saying- but you look like you could use a drink.” With something of a light-hearted grin she offered up a glass for the taking. Whether or not he indulged, the diplomat pushed on, undeterred. “Personally find it offensive having to navigate a political mine-field like this sober.” With an amused snort she shifted, the crimson silk draped from her shoulders swaying in response.

Nursing her own glass in the other hand, she took a sip before using it to point at him. “Organa isn’t it?” She knew it was. Her parents had practically drilled into her head the names of anyone remotely within their radar.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Alicio found it exceedingly difficult to engage in conversation. With anyone.

He usually wasn't this hopeless at a party. Something was just... different, about tonight. At all his other events, at least he'd shared common interests. Looking at all of the gala's goers with smiles on their faces, catching up on pre-established relationships and gossiping about so-and-so across the room, Alicio couldn't help but feel like an outsider.

Until someone came and invited him in.

“Hope you don’t mind me saying- but you look like you could use a drink.”

Alicio's worried frown twitched up into a half-smile. "I could." He closed his fist around the glass, holding it close to his chest. "Though, personally, I wouldn't navigate any mine-field under the influence, either."

When the new face mentioned his name, he nodded, inclining his head into a polite bow. "Alicio," he replied simply, completely scrapping any flowery introductions.

He shook the glass gently, his smile growing. "Who should I thank for this?"

“Lukka Sacchi.” She responded, lips pursed in an attempt to restrain a laugh. He proved to be more articulate then she pegged him at first.

“You wouldn’t have heard of me, I’m new to the scene.” With a loose shrug, her next words were interrupted by a quick sip of her drink, “Trying to bring my homeworld out of relative obscurity- You know it goes.” Gesturing vaguely to the crowd, the rim of her glass hid an equally amused and exasperated smile. “It’s a bit disheartening if I’m honest. I think I’m actively getting buried in a backlog of gossip out there.” Her accent bled through with a quip of humor, as her hand found its place at her hip, “Have to say, my ego’s a bit bruised. I was raised to handle this better.”

Though still clearly delivered as a joke, undertones of some deeper internal pressure seeped through.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Last edited:

"In that case, thank you, Lukka Sachi." Alicio said in response to her introduction, bobbing his head with a smile.

Her words brought out a knowing look from the Count. He was well aware of the pressures of home, although perhaps for slightly different reasons. "Frankly, I'm just glad to meet someone as new as I am to all this." He kept his grin, swirling the liquid in his glass thoughtfully. "But I don't know how it goes. I'm taking over a Senate seat of a well-respected politician, for a well-established planet. It's an entirely different beast."

Gossip was something Alicio was used to. Nobody was as nice to your face, but as vicious behind your back, as an Alderaanian noble. "That's the thing with politicians; new things, new people, make them antsy. They're resistant to change. That's how they hold onto influence." He shot Lukka a snide look.

"What's your home planet?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom