Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship TIE/fo Mk III Space Superiority Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
JyQzUDC.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: To create a new standard starfighter for the First Order’s Starfighter Corps.
Image Source: Valika's Imgur Account, Fantasy Flight Games' Twitter Account,
Canon Link: TIE/fo (MK I) Starfighter, TIE/ln Starfighter.
Restricted Missions: If Required.
Primary Source: TIE/FO (MK II) Starfighter, Reflec (Canon / Legends.)

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: First Order Corps of Imperial Engineers, Sienar-Jaemus Fleet Systems.
Model: TIE/fo Mk III Space Superiority Starfighter.
Affiliation: The First Order.
Production: Mass-Produced.
Material: Titanium Reinforced Durasteel Hull Plating, Glasteel Viewports, Anti-Ion (Copper Faraday Cage) Mesh, Reinforced Duraplast Plating (Landing Struts and Solar Panel Coating), Reflec Enamel Coating, Photovoltaic/ Solar Ionization Cells (Girondium, Colium), Internal Starfighter Components.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Space Superiority Starfighter.
Length: 7.24 Metres.
Width: 6.69 Metres.
Height: 8.82 Metres.

Armament:
  • [2] L-s9.6 laser cannon(s) [Stutter-Fire Capable.]
  • [1] Proton Torpedo Launcher (4 Warheads.)
Armament Rating: [Low.]

Defenses:
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Armour Plating.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Deflector Shielding.
  • Electronic Countermeasures.
  • Chaff/Flare Dispersal Suite.
Defense Rating: [Average.]

Squadron Count: 12 (Imperial Starfighter Standard.)

Maneuverability Rating: 96 - 100 DPF [Moderate.]
Maximum Acceleration: 4,100 G
MGLT: 20 - 100 MGLT
Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 1,000 Km/H (Unshielded.) 1,200 Km/H (Shielded.)
Speed Rating: [Moderate.]
Engine Unit(s): P-s6 Twin Ion Engine, P-w401 Ion Maneuvering Jets.
Power Plant/ Reactor: I-a4b Solar Ionization Reactor, Ultra-high Efficiency Solar Collectors.
Primary Hyperdrive Class: 5
Secondary Hyperdrive Class: 10 (Back-up.)
Crew: One Pilot, One Astromech Droid (BB-series Retractable Socket.)
Passengers: None.
Cargo Capacity: 65 - 110 Kilograms.
Consumables: One Week.

xDAOlL9.jpg

STANDARD FEATURES:
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Sensor and Targeting Systems.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Navigation and Avionics Systems.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Communications Suite. (Encrypted with First Order Military Keys.)
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Atmospheric Seals and Perfunctory Oxygen Scrubbers.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Subspace and HoloNet Transceiver(s).
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Inertial Compensators.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] VTOL Repulsorlift Antigravity System.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] High-G Shock and Ejector Seat, with Crash Webbing.
  • Standard [Military-Grade.] Homing Beacon. (Encrypted with First Order Military Keys.)

SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Reflec Enamel Coating (Sensor Silhouette, Incoming Internal Scanning Difficulty.)
  • Retractable and Armoured Astromech Socket. (BB-Series Only.)
  • Internal Self-Destruct Charge. (Encrypted Command Codes, First Order Military Keys.)

Strengths:
  • Space Superiority Starfighter.
  • Low Maintenance, Replaceable Parts.
  • Stutter-Fire Laser Cannons (Faster Rate of Fire, for Weaker Damage.)
  • “Moderately” Maneuverable In Space. (Maneuvering Thrusters.)
  • Reflec Enamel Coating. (Sensor Silhouette via Active Scans - Difficult to Scan via Passive Scans.)

Weaknesses:
  • No Life Support. (Flightsuit Required.)
  • Weak Against Heavy Projectile Weaponry. [Unshielded.] (Vulnerable to Macro-Meteors, and Mass Drivers.)
  • Stutter-Fire Laser Cannons (Faster Rate of Fire, for Weaker Damage.)
  • Fixed Forward Firing-Arc.
  • Hampered Maneuverability In Atmosphere. (Aesthetic Design.)
  • Easily Sabotaged Power Plant, Detonation Charge. (Energizer Alignment Failure, Time Bomb.)

TgLg1h6.png

Description: The TIE/fo Mk III Space Superiority Starfighter, or as it was more commonly known, the First Order TIE Fighter, was the newest generation of Starfighters to be used by the Armed Forces of the First Order. Like its predecessors, TIE/fo Mk III carried a similar design aesthetic as its ancient and modern precursors, a move which attempted to deny the enemy the chance to quickly pick out this new variant from the older, outdated models that were still in service. Though the Mk II had been a technological regressive step, in comparison to the first generation of TIE/fo’s fielded by Snoke’s glorious First Order, the Mk III had returned the starfighter model to its storied roots. Building upon the legacy of the TIE series, the MkIII was further enhanced to match modern combat standards - even going so far as making the starfighter itself more than a match for any comparable craft employed throughout the galaxy.

While the TIE/fo Mk II was designed to be a small, short-range fighter, the successive generation proved to be far more advanced in terms of being equipped with an integrated deflector shield, improved solar ionization cells with higher-capacity converters, and a micronized hyperdrive suite. This allowed the Starfighter to operate without the need for a nearby carrier and opened up new avenues for the First Order to tactically employ their standard fighters. However, these advancements came at a cost. The Swivel turret that had made the second generation TIE/fo infamous throughout the entirety of the Order’s war with the Alliance was sacrificed for greater durability and survivability while marginally impacting the fighter’s offensive capabilities. To recoup for the loss of their firing fields being strictly fixed forward, the FOCIE had elected to install a single torpedo tube, allowing the space superiority fighter to engage heavily armoured targets, and offer a wider array of firepower when called in for air support.

Though capable of operation without the use of an astromech droid, the TIE/fo finds itself operating at maximum efficacy when an additional pilot’s socketed into place. It allows for the TIE Pilot to focus on surviving whatever dangers they may face, as well as, filtering through the unnecessary and often distracting information that would see a pilot killed when a split-second decision-making was required. With the addition of all the internal systems, and the integrated self-destruct system to ensure that the First Order’s military secrets don’t fall into the enemy's hands, the dull obsidian lacquer that coats the voidcraft’s exterior made sure that any modern scanning technology was unable to read anything more than the starfighters silhouette. Such an advancement in sensor and light warping technology made it difficult for enemy pilots to eyeball their foe whilst engaged in the void and made it difficult to determine what lay within the Reflec-coated surface.

Thus, the TIE/fo MkIII seeks to eclipse the legacy of its previous models in the TIE/fo series and forge a new one amongst the stars.

[member="Erasmus Tagge"]
The listed features of this ship which contribute to the defenses, and thus the defense rating, justify a rating higher than average. If your intent is to keep these features, your defense rating needs to be higher than average and if you are not then some of these features need to be toned down.

The total ratings on this ship are too high for mass production. You can lower ratings, or lower production. Here is an example of a mass produced starfighter.
c448476c82eef45bf4ef2aecd5dc9e44.png

[member="Darth Ananta"] - May I ask what exactly it is you're looking for me to change regarding my listed features? Perhaps if you were more specific instead of being vague, it may help me in pinpointing what you believe to be wrong.

However, I've made some edits to the submission itself adding in additional key wording to the Reflec section of the special features - as well as adding it into the strengths section (Despite the fact it really doesn't confer any strengths in combat.)

Thank you for quoting the rating of an example starfighter to me, but I believe such an act isn't required - as the three notations marked out at the very top of the template page were taken into account.

0c0ca95a21f42b5652a55f63f1c179a6.png
With the reduction of weaponry rating to Low, it offered me a single increase in another category. Which I have elected to keep in place regarding the highly agile nature of the TIE fighter in space. To further warrant another increase in ratings, I chose to have the forward firing arrays of the TIE fighter fixed forward - which is quite the genuine weakness when compared to other fighter's in the First Order and across the galaxy... both in Canon and here on Chaos. Not to mention the other weaknesses that were added to ensure an RP fair balance, and narrative reverence to the source material(s) were maintained.

I'd very much like to keep the Moderate rating the TIE fighter's speed and agility, so if you believe that another 'credible' weakness is required, I will provide it in order to satisfy the balance. :)

Erasmus Tagge said:
Reflec Enamel Coating (Sensor Silhouette, Incoming Internal Scanning Difficulty.)

Erasmus Tagge said:
Redundant Armour Plating (Cockpit Module.)
These are what would necessitate an increase in defense rating from average to moderate. If you would like to retain these, your rating will need to reflect their inclusion. If you do increase your defense rating to moderate, however, your submission will need something to balance that out, which was what I was trying to convey in my previous post. Removing just one of these would be suitable to keep the average rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom