Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Tibanna Type 7 - Blaster Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Tibanna M7 - Blaster Mod

Intent: A Blaster Mod for all my characters and the Open Market.
Development Thread: None.

Manufacturer: Belfast Laboratory. Lake Eden, Fondor
Model: Type 7
Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Tibanna Gas Variant

Description:

Type 7 is a laboratory-constructed variant of the highly marketable Tibanna gas. Commonly used in blaster and firearm technologies around the galaxy as an ammunition type. Type 7 was designed as a low-density, high-science alternative and can achieve a number of new strengths on the battlefield. At the cost of some weaknesses and utility. It can be applied to any blaster weapon designed to take a gas cell.

The strength of Type 7 is a lighter more unstable ionized plasma bolt being fired from the weapon. Due to this scientific instability in the bolt's containment field, it will rupture violently upon contact with any solid matter. Creating a bolt incapable of being reflected, (though not blocked or dissipated), by lightsabers and ultrachrome. Noticeably, the weapon's damage potential is unaffected and remains constant, even against personal shields.

The weaknesses of Type M7 are a reduction of 25% in both weapon magazine size (gas only), barrel life, and effective weapon range. As well as the loss of weapon utility options, such as Stun or Sting. The last weakness of Type 7 is in it's laboratory nature. This gas modification costs twice as much in credits to acquire as it does normal Tibanna.

Again, these effects can be applied to any blaster weapon that was designed to take a gas call.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]
So all of what you are asking is possible, except the Tutaminis part.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Geonosian_sonic_blaster
These "pop" when contacting a Lightsaber, which I believe is what you are going for their. If you could edit the description to show this, that would be great. If I am wrong, tell me what you are going for with this.

In regards to the inability to be absorbed and recycled with Tutaminis, that isn't going to fly. Difficult I could live with if it were accompanied by a serious development thread.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Draco Vereen"]

That's fine. I've dropped the mention of Tutaminis. I've added the mention of Ultrachrome.

To magnify my intent, the reason I don't use common blasters on any of characters is because it is too easy to reflect the bolt. Negating all of it's damage potential completely and often sending that bolt right back at you. Blarg! This makes using blasters almost completely advantageous to your opponent. Even to the point of silliness against FUs. So this isn't really a buff mod. It's a please-stop-sucking mod. Lol.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Well the easiest way to explain why it isn't reflected it going to be that the containment field ruptures and pops upon contact with something. The low density of the gas could make this easier and allow for a weaker containment field, explaining the decreased range as well. And being lower density already explains why there is less of it.

If you have other explanations feel free to use them, but I do want people to know why it isn't capable of being reflected or bounced.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Draco Vereen"] Gotcha. Added a line explaining containment field 'instability'. Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom