Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Thyrsus Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thyrsus Heart

whitestar.jpg
All Babylon 5 Material is credit to Warner Brothers, and their respective companies.

Intent: To Provide ships for house Keth and fill a niche role in the army of light. Smaller than a corvette but bigger than a starfighter. If house Keth ever left the Army of light these craft would too.

Manufacturer: Cygnus Spaceworks and AoL's Arion R&D

Model: Thyrsus Heart

Affiliation: House Keth, and the Army of Light

Modularity: The weapons, but a development thread will be done if they are altered.

Production: Minor, if made major a development thread will be done.

Material:
I5, I7 - Double Insulated Armor - Link
Durasteel - Main Structure.
Turadium - Reactor Casing, Bridge Walls, Ship Consoles, Certain key structural points, Detention Cells, Security Doors to the Bridge etc.
Transparisteel - Viewports

Description:

White and purple, sleek design, fast moving and tough little ships if you do score a hit. They are not as fast as starfighters, but quicker than anything else you'll see, able to move inbetween capital ships doing daring runs with their side thrusters. In a group they would be very dangerous given their speed, but solo not much of a threat. At the same time they are vulnerable to waves of fighters or sustained fighting given their smaller size.

As house Keth is making a name for itself in the war against the Sith, its assets and backing from Thyrsians seeking a war with their age old enemies, have grown.

Strengths:
Fast for its size
Well Armored (Double Insulation)
Using side thrusters, can perform turns, while keeping the main direction of the craft going forward.

Weaknesses:
Almost all Forward Firing Weapons
Not much of a threat on its own, too big against a squadron of starfighters, too small against capital ships.
Virtually no Troop Compliment
No Passenger Compliment
Low Supplies and Cargo
No Hanger

Classification: Gunship - Small Corvette
Role: Strike Craft
Height: 40 Meters
Width: 60 Meters
Length: 90 Meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Cold Fusion
Hyperdrive Rating: 0.6
Minimum Crew: 15
Optimal Crew: 28

Armaments:

2 Laser Canons - Forward Firing
6 Turbo Lasers - Forward Firing
2 Missile/Mine Launchers - Forward Firing
4 Quad Lasers - Turreted

Storing 32 Torpedoes or 64 Bombs/Mines

Hangar: None

Non-Combative Attachments:

Side Thrusters
Standard Escape Pods
Standard Encryption Network
Standard Life Support Systems
Standard Deflector Shield
Standard Communications Array
Standard Navigation Array
Standard Sensor Array
Standard Targeting Systems
4 Detention Cells

Passenger Capacity/Troop Capacity: 15
Cargo Capacity: 75 Metric Tons
Consumables: 5 Months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83U5Oupj1RI[/youtube]​

@[member="Taiden Keth"]

First, I'll need a source for that image. Just post a link below it and tell us where you got it. I also want you to drop the Turbolasers by half if this is going to be a gunship. Granted, it's a lot bigger than the normal sized one, so I'll allow the passing of it.

@Me when done.

@[member="Darth Arcis"]

As per our conversation i've altered the size upwards, and I've decreased the lasers to 2. That's lasers 0.5 x 2 and turbo lasers 6 = 7 combined in total. At 90 meters that about fits as per the guide of corvettes maxing at 8 turbos at 100 meters. With the additional weakness of them required to be forward firing, I hope that fits enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom