Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Through fire and storm

'I am known as Sadrion.' Examining him, he noticed for the first time a sense of confidence about the boy. Defiance. A perfect mix. 'Tell me, Xander, do you have a master?'

@[member="Xander Carrick"]

I shook my head to Sadrion's question. "No I do not have a Master, why do you ask?" If the man was implying that he wanted to teach me, then I would be fine. however, with him being on the Dark side, it was a Path that I did not want to take. There was no need for me to go there. Only to train in the Light is what I wanted.

@[member="Sadrion"]

No master.... interesting indeed. 'How would a young boy such as yourself think of tutelage under a more experienced mind of the force?' He offered his hand. 'I promise power and understanding of the force, as well as a deeper insight to lightsaber combat.'

I looked at the man as he spoke. He was clearly wanting to teach me for a reason. I nodded my head. Deactivating my saber and putting it back in my sleeve. "I would be greatfull to learn from you. Sadrion." I Looked at the man once more. "Where shall we begin?"

@[member="Sadrion"]

'Wherever you want. What do you wish to delve into first? We may begin here, but Coruscant has many more places that are optimal for training.' He continued to look the boy over, something inside wondering whether it was right to train him.

I looked at the man Seeing a question brew on his face after he had spoken about training me. I nodded my head. "I would like training in Soresu, if that is acceptable." I had heard that the form was very good for having very high protection rates. and seeing as how I had almost know knowledge in combat, other than training. I wanted to learn as much as I could. Maybe Master the art so I could protect myself from everything that came at me. With a combination of Shien and Soresu I would be a very tactful foe.

@[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion pondered for a moment. 'I do not know soresu, but I can teach you the first step to learning it, shii-cho. Once you learn that form, soresu will come easily.'

I nodded my head. As much as I wanted to learn the form in mind. I decided that learning one form, would help convert into the next. Nodding my head I raised my saber once more. "I accept." I thumbed the switch with the activation. The yellow blade flared to life in my hands.

@[member="Sadrion"]

(OOC: What is K doing all this time? lol)

Nodding, Sadrion did the same, and started out with his saber arm in front of him, and his free arm behind him. He waited for his new student to do the same, so they could initiate the duel.

As we were talking, I had not payed attention to K. But she had sat down and was watching everything. Probably watching the Shii-cho that was going to be shared so she would keep it for records later. Still she was silent as I took the same position as @[member="Sadrion"]. With my feet shoulder with apart and feet angled in a 45 degree angle. my right arm was out with my activated yellow saber while my left was out to help balance myself. "En guarde?"

Sadrion smirked under his mask, or at least tried to. 'Exactly.' Almost flying forward, he sent two light slashes followed by a high kick, a perfect opener for any force user just starting out. He wanted to teach, not obliterate. Once he had finished his maneuver, he watched to see how the boy would react.

With the twin swipes that came for me, My blade moved in what seemed its own accord. With a simple movement of my wrist and my forearm, I let his strikes slide past my own. And once the kick came for me, I smiled. Sidestepping, I thrust my left hand out to catch under the man's achelies tendon, and with one fluid motion pulled the man towards me by his leg, to be under my armpit, and sent my saber to fly past his neck line, yet not touching him. just to show that I could have made a fatal attack towards him.

If he was going to teach me, the it was my job to best him in saber combat. If I could beat him at it, then I would be considered higher than him, though with him having years of experience when I had probably had not even half of the time he had, for him, it could just be a slip up. But a fatal slip up all the same.

@[member="Sadrion"]

Easily dodging the strike to his neck, Sadrion parried with a stronger attack from his weapon. Following this, he brought his lightsaber down at Xander's for a saber lock. 'You do very well for a boy.'

With the man avoiding my attack that was not interning to actually kill him. He came forwards in for an attack. I smiled as I brought my blade up into and upper cut as he came down. Locking our blades with a flash of sparks and light directly into both of our visions. With my world having a slight yellow tint to it, I had to chuckle as he complimented me on being good for a boy. As we were saber locked I didn't say a word as I, with the force, Pulled him towards me.

Suddenly I was gone from where I was standing. Moving to the side I then brought the blade around to come and rest just at his neckline and me to the side left side of him, where his saber was away from me. "I should be after two years of training."

@[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion smirked at the boy's words. Two years. Perhaps his "training" would be more or less refining his already gained knowledge. He would still teach him some other moves, but it seemed h knew a good bit already. Now that he had proven himself in offensive tactics, it was time to put him on the defensive. Pressing forward, he gave three heavy slashes, putting about half of his strength into each hit.

I dropped my blade to allow Sadrion to have a chance to attack. He came at me with three hard strikes. And with the ready stance I moved my blade up to let the first attack slide away from me, the second to do the same, and the third to make full contact. Causing both of us into a saber lock. "anything else"

@[member="Sadrion"]

In response, Sadrion chuckled and put his weapon away. 'You have excellent agility and expertise. You're a quick learner, Xander, as was I. Would you like to continue tutelage under me?" He extended his hand toward the boy.

With Sadrion and his very tempting thoughts of teaching me further, He was a Dark user. and I was light. If I were to become tempted into becoming his apprentice, then there would be more than any chances of me turning to the dark side and I did not want that. I shook my head as I put my saber away. "I thank you for the offer, but I can not accept."

@[member="Sadrion"]

Sadrion had to admit, he was taken aback by the rejection. Turning down a chance at power... Strange indeed. Retracting his hand, he straightened up a little.'Very well. If you ever change your mind, know that I will be on Coruscant or Tython. I have... business to attend to on both worlds.' With that, he prepared himself for his leave. Nodding toward the droid, he turned around and began walking back the way he had come. Perhaps what he was looking for was not riches, but instead to give riches in the form of formal training. He would meditate on this.

I nodded my head as the man was slightly taken aback from my rejection of his teachings. I simply nodded my head to the information he had given me and walked towards K. "Alight, lets go try and find someplace to stay."

-FIN-

@[member="Sadrion"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom