Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Threshold (PM to Join)

The Eternal Queen
One.... Two.... Three.... four...

Feena silently counted the seconds, minutes, until it was time to take her medicine again. She sat in her office, watching the chrono on her wall inch ever closer to the hour. It was almost time for her to go home too... well, home-ish. She often slept in her office, but she had a small apartment that she stayed in when she did not have time to travel all the way back home to Imerria.

twenty nine... Thirty.... Thirty one....

That was just how it had to be. She would sacrifice her health, her time and precious moments with her family for this project. It was so... important. More important than anything she had ever done in her life. Project Sanctuary- they called it the hope for the less fortunate. A charity of sorts, providing shelter, health care and education to those who have been displaced by war, corruption, disease... Anybody who needed it.

forty six... forty seven... forty eight....

But she was starting to feel the stress of keeping such a large project afloat. She had to keep collecting donations at all times. Convincing someone to donate to a cause that was not 'profitable' was nearly impossible. But she had to do it. And she had so many young healers to train. And so many patients...

And she hadn't spent a night with her husband in many months. And Felicity was starting to forget her face. And Celeste, the little six month old Celeste... she didn't know her mother at all. She cried when Feena tried to pick her up. She preferred the protocol droid over her. It broke her heart. Shattered it.

Fifty eight... Fifty nine...

Her wrist chrono beeped and she opened the little bottle on her desk. One green pill to fight the infection... And a blue one. For 'pain'. She still told herself it was for the pain. The truth was... she just could not stop herself from taking them.

After she swallowed the medicine, she packed the pill bottles away. It was time to go home. She would normally stay late and finish work, but she was feeling so tired tonight. She'd been pulling too many all nighters and her husband was worried. She could see it all over his face when she talked to him on the holocommunicator.

"I think... I think I'll go home tonight," she sighed, deciding then and there that she needed to see her girls again. Now. She could dip into her apartment, pack a bag and hire a pilot to fly her back home.
Yes. That was what she would do. She picked up her bag, stretched her tired muscles, and left her office.

She was, in all honest, a beautiful woman. Unassuming in the way she looked and elegant in the way she carried herself. Feena Mason was so unlike all the others. Varax observed the woman through his face-mounted macrobinoculars. She sat in her office in the building across the way, seemingly counting the moments as she popped the pills into her mouth. Her file said she was sick, and her seeming focus on the medicine made Varax inclined to believe it was more serious than her file portrayed. She was a sick, married woman with children and a penchant for charity. She was apparently at the helm "Project Sanctuary", some kind of charitable program for the poor and downtrodden. Overall, she seemed so unlike all the other individuals the Galactic Intelligence Agency assigned him to look into, but the director was very clear; Feena Mason had to die.

Varax had been watching her for almost a week now. Sometimes she would leave the office to stay in her apartment, but she would sporadically spend her nights in her office, engrossed in her work. It was in Varax's nature, when undergoing careful assassinations such as this, to gather information on the target's habits before actually engaging them. Subtlety was necessary and discretion was imperative. If his target got any inclination that she was being watched, her assassination would be more sloppy and less professional. The G.I.A. always sent Varax on missions such as these; sensitive missions where the local law enforcement would never know he was there.

Feena got up from her seat and gathered her things. Realizing that his target was about to leave, he swung his rifle over his shoulder and waited for her to leave the office. As she slid the door open and left her office, Varax sprung into action, running across the rooftop towards the street on the opposite side of the building he had been watching her from. Down below sat his speeder; he had found it in an empty lot a few miles from here and had made sure to remove any tracking devices or forms of identification. Propelling down with a grappling line, he plopped down into the seat of the speeder. Activating the vehicle, he breathed deeply before inconspicuously heading off in the direction of her apartment. He had planned to set up position before she got there. Today was the day.

Today was the day Feena Mason died.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
As she made her way out of the building, she stopped now and again to chat with friends, students, anybody who had a question or two for her, or simply just to wish someone a happy birthday or a pleasant evening. It was starting to get dark now. The sun was low on the horizon, deep red, paining the sky pink and purple and orange. Not like the sunsets on Immeria, but they did remind her of him, Keter. They would watch the sunsets together. Always. Every night that the storms had settled. She missed it.

She shivered in the dying daylight and hurried along, holding a hand out for a taxi to drive her back to the apartment. When it stopped and she got in, Feena glanced about behind her. She didn't feel... afraid. Just had the feeling like something was starting.

She gave the driver her apartment address, and leaned back in her seat, too sleepy to keep her eyes open, but not comfortable enough to sleep. She could sleep on the way to Immeria.

@[member="Varax Malchor"]

Varax set up by the window of an old droid factory. The building was disheveled and abandoned. Rust clung to the metals and the remnants and spare parts of old droids littered the room. Feena's apartment was about eight hundred yards and his vantage point gave him a perfect view into the window of her apartment. Ideally, the locale was remote enough that authorities wouldn't be able to trace the trajectory and the fact that it wasn't a blaster meant they wouldn't be able to trace a radiation trail. His speeder was parked on the roof and he had covered it with an old tarp he found in the factory. He didn't want any curious onlookers to see the vehicle if he had to make a run for it.

Now, all he had to do was wait. He would patiently await for her to walk into her bedroom and cuddle up into her bed. It would be easier and more expedient to just shoot her as soon as she entered the room, but he didn't want to risk the shot veering and hitting her in the head. She was, as far as her file said, a good woman and her family should be able to bury her without having to see her face so marred. A quick shot to the heart from his Verpine would be a quick, painless death. The shatter rifle's potency and the amount of damage it causes to a body (despite the size of the ammunition) meant that she would be dead before she even knew what hit her. Varax knelt at the window, holding his gun with its butt to the ground. He scanned with his macrobinoculars, waiting for her imminent arrival.

As he scanned, he heard a small rustle in the back of the room. He swung around with no small amount of agility, his Dissuader primed to fire at anyone foolish enough to try to sneak up on him. There was nothing. Varax lowered his guard, figuring it was probably just some vermin or the building settling. He returned to his vigil, confident that his initial survey of the factory was accurate; the place was deserted. All he had to do was wait to patient and wait for his target to arrive.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
When the taxi pulled up to the large apartment building, Feena got out, paid, and went inside. She had no reason to suspect any thing. Not even a small pang in the back of her mind that something might be wrong. All she could think about was getting inside, packing her things and calling her husband once before she left. It was polite to call ahead and let him know she was coming.

She walked inside, nodded to the woman at the front desk and entered the lift. Up fifty four floors, and she was there. With a keycard, the doors slid open, revealing a moderately sized, clean, apartment suite. She flipped on the lights, set her bag down and went right to the window. When she was home, it didn't matter for how long, she always wanted the curtains open. The skyline was always beautiful. And while she would only be here for perhaps twenty minutes, she preferred to be comfortable. She paused a moment, happy for the view. Hopefully, she would be able to spend some time at home, and this view could be forgotten in favor of the dusty landscape of Imerria.

She turned to the holocommunicator on the low table by the window and tried to call for her husband. If the wind storms had died down for the moment, she might be able to contact him before leaving. She did so want to hear his voice. She stood, hands clasped in front of her, warm smile on her face as she waited. After all these years, she was still a woman in love.

"Keke," she said, hoping that her message would get through, "I miss you."

@[member="Keter"] @[member="Varax Malchor"]

She stood in front of the window, seemingly unaware that she was being watched. Varax turned the audio pickup unit on his headpiece on, hoping to get some inclination as to why she had activated the holocommunicator on the adjacent table. "Keke, I miss you," she said. She was contacting her husband and it sent an uneasy shiver down Varax's spine. He had been contemplating how it was possible that such an intelligent and intellectual force-sensitive had remained so blissfully unaware that she'd been being watched for over a week. Was he really that good at his job or was she just playing him? The possibility entered his mind that she might be trying to leave the planet; that she knew he was after her and was going to try to get off-world, keeping a low profile to avoid his suspicion. Varax quickly dismissed the idea, but he realized there was a possibility she wasn't staying here for the night. As a precaution, he began to calibrate his weapon, raising it to the window and taking the woman in his sights.

The crosshairs were affixed upon her breast, ready to send a projectile that would bring his mark a swift death. Varax waited to hear the rest of her target's conversation before committing to discharging his weapon. The weapon an scope constantly recalibrated to inform him of shifting wind-patterns. Varax adjusted his weapon to match the changing calibration. He didn't want to have to take another shot. It would be one shot. One confirmed hit. One confirmed kill. He entered a state of complete focus when he took a target in his sights. It was as if there was nothing else in the world; there was just him, his rifle, and his target. Suddenly, he heard a groaning noise above him. Before he could react by looking up, the groaning became a loud crash that sent a pile of steel pipes and rubble crashing down on him. The detritus caused him to flinch briefly and in an instant, he knew his mission had just become a lot more complicated. His flinch caused him to accidentally squeeze the trigger of his rifle and fire off a round, sending a shot careening at the window.

"Blast it," Varax whispered, angrily.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Keter

The Renegade
The winds often caused havoc on Immeria, cutting the planet off from the rest of the galaxy as atmospherics wrecked anything close to resembling communications. It had been a problem Keter had sought to circumvent since the day he had settled on the planet. He had botched together a satellite of sorts with his retinue, and dragged it up into orbit with the Inferno Duo. There, it acted as a powerful reciever and transmitter, cutting down on the problems that the storms brought up. Keter was sat in his room...their room...when the call came in. The identifier marked the message as from his wife. The blond smiled slightly, glad to be recieving contact from her. SHe was working so hard, pouring her life into the Santuary project. All for the CIS. And in return the CIS made her Archon, and placed the entire fate of the project upon her. The blond frowned. He had had his doubts in the past, but had never dared voice them to his wife. The CIS never seemed to take the project seriously, leaving a lot of work to Feena. It was as if they wanted the benefits of the good press it would bring them, but were unwilling to commit the resources practically necessary to ensure it's success. Feena had had to resort to donations! The CIS was a union of hundreds of worlds, surely they could finance enough Sanctuaries to prove their worth?

He dismissed the thought as the channel stabilised, and the familiar face of his wife appeared. Keter smiled broadly. "Ah, MIstress FeeFee," he greeted back, using the name she had once told him in jest. "A pleasure as always. To what do I owe this call?"

@[member="Feena Mason"]

The Eternal Queen
She smiled. Really, honestly smiled when she saw his face. She wanted to reach out, touch his cheek, but they were forever away from each other.

"I'm coming home," she announced, "Tonight. I just need to get away for a bit. I miss you and the girls. I even miss Barnabus. How is every-"

She felt the bullet before she heard it break through the window. Her eyes still focused on the hologram of her husband, even after the bullet had nicked her left shoulder and went through his hologram into the wall. She almost didn't realize what had happend until she was grasping her shoulder. And Keter would have seen everything.

Time itself seemed to slow way down. She glanced down at the blood seeping through her hands over the wound.

I've been shot... I've been shot!

On instinct, she dropped close to the floor, just under the window. Safer. The sniper couldn't see her now.

"I-I'm under attack," she gasped, hissing in pain, "Keter-"

But she was losing him. The transmission ended.

"No.. no..." But there was no time to call him back. She needed help. In her pocket, she pulled out her comm link. She didn't know who she would call. Anybody. Anybody from the Confederacy. Anybody friendly.

"This is Archon Feena Mason. I am under attack. In immediate danger. If anybody can hear me, I am at the Coral Grove apartment complex on block 22564, Room 53. Please-"

Under her fingers, she was feeling her wound. Clean. The bullet had caused some damage, but it only grazed her, really. A bullet. That was new. Not a blaster. Something to keep in mind when she was filling out the report. Little by little, she was working to stop the bleeding. Just a little bit. She didn't have time to heal it completely. She eyed the door. She could make it out if she stayed low. She had to leave. Had to get home. Immeria was safe. Home was safe. But what if she was followed? What if they tried to hurt her family next?

"Breathe, Feena, breathe. Think. Wait for a response. Wait..."

@[member="Keter"] @[member="Varax Malchor"]

Vorhi was coming to visit Keter, oddly enough. No idea why, he liked the guy. Maybe it was just nice to see someone who could pull the stick out. Maybe it was interesting to see the psyche that could keep Feena's craziness in check. Hell, maybe it just gave him hope that if people like Keter and Feena could make things work, maybe he'd find the right one--or get blown to smithereens in a tomb.

And then, his com-link went off. Emergency channel? The hell?

"This is Archon Feena Mason. I am under attack. In immediate danger. If anybody can hear me, I am at the Coral Grove apartment complex on block 22564, Room 53. Please-"

Well, crap. He switched channels and got on. "This is Magus Vorhi Alestrani," he said calmly. "Maintain your position, and find cover, Archon. I'm en route...."

Vorhi focused the force energy on him. 50 floors up, half a block forward, in this wind. He sighed. Only one way...full force speed. He felt his body shake as he pushed his adrenals artificially, the force filling his body with a twitchy, unstable energy, his skin reddening as his body began to heat up, his steps increasing, a slightl force push from each step making skipping strides as he charged towards the building. "Emergency protocols, Templar code 9, I need a med-evac team on my position. Coral Apartments," he said as he ran to the door, "room 53, block 22564--hurry."

He kept charging as he leapt towards the building.

OOC: I didn't feel it made much sense for him to get up the building in one post. Even I'm not that good.

All had gone to hell. Even as he tossed the layers of rubble, he knew that that shot was going to mean an entire week's worth of preparation just went down the drain. He quickly focused his sights on the window to assess his screw-up, his audio pickup still active. "This is Archon Feena Mason. I am under attack. In immediate danger. If anybody can hear me, I am at the Coral Grove apartment complex on block 22564, Room 53. Please-" his target desperately called out. Varax was, to put it lightly, disappointed. He should have just taken the damn shot and been done with it. He let empathy for his target cloud his judgement and over-complicate a simple assassination and, now, he was paying the price for it. Zooming in, he could see that she had ducked behind the window, flashes of her scalp only appearing briefly over the wall. He could just barely make out the sound of another voice, presumably coming over his target's commlink; Varax could only assume she had someone coming for her.

At this point, Varax had two choices: His position was still hidden, meaning he could easily wait for her to get up when help arrived and deliver a kill shot to both her and her savior. The other option was that he leave and regroup, tracking her down at a later date. The first option meant drawing a lot of attention to the situation; more attention than either him or his higher ups would be comfortable with. The second option left the possibility open that she would be under protection when and if he found her again. He didn't even know if the accidental shot had hit her, though he'd be pretty proud if it did, considering what an awful shot it was. There was really no situation where this was a clean assassination, so Varax decided the best course of action would be to keep playing the waiting game. He made a quick check of the cielling above him, ensuring that that bantha fodder didn't happen again. Then, he raised his gun once more, calibrating it for a shot. "Come on out, little bird..."

@[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]
@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Keter"]

The Eternal Queen
The voice! She sighed, happy to hear a friendly voice.
"Vorhi," she breathed, hand glowing a faint blue under her hand, "Thank the Force!"

Even so, she had so hoped that someone with a little more... muscle might show up. Vorhi was not exactly the aggressive, body guard type. Not that she felt she needed it, still... she was a bit out of practice from all this. She hadn't even sensed the danger. She coughed, the alarm on her wrist chrono going off again. The medicine. It was time to take another dose. She needed it! She eyed the bag sitting on her end table across the room. She might be able to get to it if the sniper had stopped watching her. But if he was...

She coughed again, harder. It was already hard enough to concentrate while her shoulder felt... well, shattered. Healing the broken bones would be a chore in itself. But now she was getting sick on top of it.

"Vorhi, hurry," she quietly urged, "I'm going to try to make it across the room."

It was so risky, but she needed to get to the exit- and get to her medicine. If she didn't... well, then the sniper wouldn't have much to worry about in a few hours anyways.

@[member="Varax Malchor"] @[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] @[member="Keter"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Here he was, just sitting casually and sipping from his Moka Late. (Yes, sometimes a man needs a coffee.) When suddenly he gets a message on the emergency channel. "This is Archon Feena Mason. I am under attack. In immediate danger. If anybody can hear me, I am at the Coral Grove apartment complex on block 22564, Room 53. Please-" The message was disturbing and for some reason did not provide him with the satisfaction he thought he would get. Not that he disliked Feena, not at all. But sometimes she makes him want to strangle her, so the worry piqued inside of him was strange. No time to question it though, he gulped down the rest of his Late and then went off running towards the general direction of the apartment complex.

You would think Serock would be somewhere entirely else when he got the message, that it would be a chance of one in a million that he would be anywhere in the proximity of the complex. Sadly Serock wiped his ass with ratio and story logic, so he would be with Feena in five minutes or so.

@[member="Feena Mason"] @[member="Varax Malchor"] @Keter @Vorhi Alestrani​

Keter

The Renegade
He saw the spurt of blood from her shoulder. Saw the shock on her face as the link faded. He was rising from his chair, teeth clenched as his reactions kicked in, useless. "Feena! FEENA!" he shouted as the link sputtered and died, leaving him alone in his room. He stood there, frozen, before spinning on his heel and running out the room. He had to get to his ship He had to get to her. A part of him was already numb, lost to the overwhelming emotion swelling inside him. She was worlds away. By the time he got to her...she would already be...

The CIS was meant to be safe. She was meant to be safe. "Initiate Conatiment Alpha," he hissed, the communicator buiilt into his eyes transmitting the information to his retinue. They would secure Dis, keep the girls safe. This could have been a coordinated attack, but he doubted it. The shot hadn't killed Feena. Not the first shot at least. There could have been others.

If he lost her...

Keter stalked through the corridors of Dis to his ship, his shadow deepening with each step. He paused only long enough to seize some armour before storming onto the Inferno Duo. The galaxy had taken enough from him. If it dared ot take Feena as well...

...it would burn.

The Eternal Queen
She eyed the medicine across the room. Took several long moments to think. She was already feelings so weak. She couldn't just pull them to her with the force. How could she do this? How could she get to them without getting killed? Then she got the idea. With a much force energy as she could manage, she pushed as hard as she could, bringing everything on the end table to the floor, lamp, bag, medicine... She could sneak around behind the furniture. If she dodged behind the couch fast enough, he wouldn't have enough time to get her in his sights for an accurate shot. If she was fast enough. Could she be fast enough? When she was this sick?

Only one way to know. She could not stay here. Carefully, she crawled under the window ledge, low as she could. With any luck, she could maintain the illusion that she was too frightened to move and was still crouched under, waiting for help. She had no idea that her assassin could hear what she had been saying to Vorhi. How could she know that?

She was starting to hate her choice of apartments. She had chosen this one specifically for it's giant window, giving her such a brilliant view of the city. Now it was that giant window that took up her entire living area wall, that was going to get her killed! She stopped at the edge of the room, waited for a moment, and then, gathering all her courage, stood up and half ran, half dove for the space behind the first loveseat. One thing she WAS thankful for, was her taste in furniture. Plenty of seating. Plenty of places to hide behind.

A flash of movement caught his eye. Across the room, he saw the appliances and items on the end table fly to the ground, as if some ghost had pushed them off. Immediately, Varax recognized what it was. Clearly, his target had used the force to knock the items to the ground. But why? If she had used it as a distraction, she might have been successful, but her window of opportunity to make a break for it had passed now and he had not recognized any movement on her part.

He pondered for a moment what reason she might have been so keen on knocking the items onto the floor.. Then, it hit him; the medicine! As the realization popped into his head, he spotted another flash of movement as Feena dove behind the love seat near the end table. As she dove, Varax shot in the direction she was falling, hoping the shot would hit a vital spot. He contemplated unloading his clip on the love seat; with any small amount of luck, the sheer mass of fire was sure to hit its mark. However, he kept his cool; he wasn't going to make this sloppy. He would keep waiting until her support arrived. Their arrival was sure to prompt her to leave the safety of cover. They would make her feel safe.

She was far from safe.
@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Keter"]
@[member="Serock Hoath"]

Vorhi ran into the lobby and grabbed the nearest elevator. Fifty stories. He pushed the emergency bypass button, forcing the lift to speed as he glared. He checked through his belt. He had a few grenades, a few specialty blasts, two demolition charges. No blasters. No medkit. He'd have to improvise. He flipped a switch. Five. The lift stopped. He cursed. He ran to the door, jamming in the code and opening the door. "Keep your head down, boss-lady," He said as he threw his best munition.

A handful of rocks. Shot towards the ceiling with lightning precision of a force-wielding throwing arm, killing all the lights. Four. He'd have to play dirty, and the sniper wasn't ready to shoot in the dark-he hoped. "Get to the hallway, and stay low in the hallway. Do not go farther without me," He calmly walked into the room. Three. He had to time this well.

He tensed up, reaching into his pocket, pulling out his present. Two. It was obvious. Simple a basic plan. Kill the lights, and just when the sniper adapts to the light, one. He smiled. waving cheerily as the flash-bang flew out of his hand--and burst brightly in the dark room. Zero. If the poor sod had put on night vision to track the dark room, he'd be blind as Vorhi was now. Funny, how not relying on sight allowed you to find ways to exploit those who could.

@[member="Feena Mason"]@[member="Varax Malchor"] @[member="Keter"] @[member="Serock Hoath"]

The Eternal Queen
It missed. Barely. She only narrowly avoided, well, dying. She was normally not one to jump into the line of fire like this. Not for many, many years. It felt like a war zone. Like the old days.
Feena leaned with her back up against the backside of the couch, breathing deep, trying to get her shaky hands and pounding heart under control as best she could. Vorhi would be here. He would be here any second. She would be okay. She would see her husband. She would see her children again.

If only she could actually make herself believe it.

Her racing heart was not only the result of fear. She was feeling very ill. Gasping for air, her bright silver eyes slid to the side, studying the pill bottles that had tipped out of her bag. They were close. She could just reach out, grab them, but then he would know exactly where she was. He would see her grabbing under the table. She reached a shaking hand out, pulling, pulling.... One bottle flew to her hand. She smiled for the first time since the start of all this, popped it open.
Blue. She had grabbed the pain killers, not what she really needed. Still... Her shoulder was killing her. With a swift movement she popped a blue pill into her mouth, replaced the cap and reached out for the second bottle. She was so tired. So tired....

"Keep your head down, boss-lady,"

Feena looked up, shocked. With a series of cracks, the lights went out one by one, leaving the poor injured woman in pitch blackness. This might have been an issue.. if not for the fact that, like her husband, her eyes were anything but organic. She had designed them specifically for dangerous occasions like this. Her fingers went to touch the metal lenses, instantly switching to night vision. Finally able to see the bottle, she snatched it up, and hurried as fast as her tired legs could take her into the hallway. Barely in time to avoid the blinding effects of the flash.

Feena was not one to obey without question, however, in a situation like this, in her condition, Feena was willing to jump off the building if Vorhi told her to. As instructed, she kept low... very low. She fell to her knees, the pill bottle rolling out of her only working hand as she slumped over. It hurt so bad. Her shoulder- her left arm was basically useless now until she could find a competent healer. Her breathing was in short, ragged gasps, and her heart was racing, pounding in her ears so loud she couldn't even think. She wanted to cry. She wanted to cry so hard.

..This was a first. She was not really... used to this whole fearing for her life thing. Not because she had never been in a deadly situation before. Absolutely not that. But she had always just accepted the idea of death. She thought it was so normal. So natural. And it was, but, Feena had a baby waiting at home now. She hardly knew her. And Felicity was at such an important age. And she was just about to celebrate her wedding anniversary with Keter in a few weeks...
Dying now would be just so... inconvenient.

@[member="Vorhi Alestrani"] @[member="Keter"] @[member="Varax Malchor"] @[member="Serock Hoath"]

Varax barely got a look at her savior before the lights went out. This development signaled the end of this strategy. With the lights out, he knew his target was going to try and make a break for it and he wouldn't even have time to activate his night vision before she was already out of the apartment. Good thing, too, because the bright flash that just burst from the apartment would have blinded and incapacitated him. It was time for Varax to change position. Standing up and shouldering his rifle, he sprinted for the stairs. Jumping gracefully on top of one of the railings, he made a strong leap for the top rung of the next flight, gripping the edge of the opening and the ceiling and pulling himself onto the roof. He knew he had to be fast. Every second without Feena in eye shot was another second she could drop off his grid. He was an adept tracker, there was no disputing it, but with her now wise to the fact that there was a threat to her life, tracking her would only be more difficult.

The speeder sat there in the same spot he had left it on the factory's roof. On that fact, Varax was happy. After what had happened earlier, he was worried the speeder might have fallen through the damned roof. He tossed his rifle hurriedly to the passenger side, taking a seat and revving up the speeder and glancing at the clock. The vehicle roared to life and Varax immediately gunned it, zooming through the air. He had to approach this carefully. A random speeder approaching the apartment complex at high speeds was sure to alert not only his target & co., but the authorities who had no doubt been called as well. He had to blend in and avoid raising any suspicion. He went in the opposite direction of the apartment complex and continued for almost a mile. Then, he looped around to blend in with the oncoming speeder traffic that ran by the hotel. Checking the dash-mounted clock, he saw that about two minutes had passed since he got in the speeder, which means that a little over three minutes had transpired since he broke eye-contact with his target. He was cutting it close, he knew, but with the sight of police cruisers ahead, he knew that any effort they made to escape the complex was sure to be delayed by the growing presence of law enforcement at the site.

As Varax slowly approached the hotel, he slowed. He was two buildings down on the other side of the street when he slowed to a stop, parking. He took off his face mask. From this distance, he would be able to see if they left the complex without the aid of his goggles and he needed to take a breath that wasn't through his respirator. He took a deep, exhausted breath as he closed his eyes for a second before opening them again, slowly. He was fairly confident that this was the only way they could get out; they couldn't take the back entrance as the only way to get out through there was an elevator that had been out of service for almost a week. There were only three ways out, the back, the front, and out the window. Even if they did, for whatever reason, jump out of one of the windows, he had clear sight enough to see it happen. Varax was playing this by the metaphorical book. This was exactly his contingency plan for if the first shot failed; always have a Plan B. Of course, he didn't count on the presence of others to come to her aid so quickly, much less those with the foresight to knock out the lights immediately upon entering the building.

With the growing police and pedestrian presence around the complex, he knew that there was no chance he could take a shot from here. Even if she was only one hundred feet away, the amount of people that could get in the way of his shot reduced his chance of success drastically. Besides, even if he did deliver the kill shot, police presence was likely to pick him out; he'd never make it off-world. No, it was time to play the waiting game. It was entirely possible he wasn't going to complete the mission tonight, Varax knew that. However, he wanted to wait and see. Maybe they'd mess up and present an opportunity. Hell, if she was injured and they took her to a medical unit, he could easily walk into the hospital in the street clothes he packed. He was confident that his knowledge of his target would be sufficient enough to pass him off as a family member and he valued his martial skills enough to eliminate any bodyguards she might have quietly and efficiently. He toiled away with different scenarios in his head and what he would do if they happened as he waited for a new development outside the complex; hopefully this development would be better than all the others tonight...

@[member="Feena Mason"]
@[member="Keter"]
@[member="Serock Hoath"]

Keter

The Renegade
Keter was silent, standing on the bridge of his small ship, red eyes glaring at space. Only K-36215 was with him, piloting the ship far more efficiently than he himself ever could. The Fury was near silent and cold as it flew into hyperspace. Everything bar the endinges had been switched off. Hopefully they could shave time off their journey that way. The blond was clad in a full suit of sith commando armour, it's sealed environment keeping him alive in the airless interior of his own ship. No shileds, no weapons, no life support. Only speed mattered now.

Even so, it would take days.

And all Keter could do was stand and glare.

And think.

@[member="Feena Mason"]

Vorhi focused, grabbing multiple bottels of drugs and handing them to Feena, now sitting beside her. "How bad is the wound? No mincing words. I've got an ambulance on the way. I am going to follow you to the hospital. Until we've caught the psycho involved in this crap, or more Templars show up, I'm your bodyguard."

He hated this. Don't take charge, don't take command. He was a scholar. He needed Templar knights. He activate his commlink. "Roon, this is Seeker Alestrani. I need a security retinue for the Lady Archon. Someone tried to kill her, and we're finding out whom--send me a forensics team and a security retinue to protect her in the interim."

He slowly helped up Feena. At least she wasn't still pregnant--then the medical issues here would be an even worse nightmare. He smiled weakly. "Don't you even think about dying on me. If you croak, I'm taking over the Templar, and instituting clothing optional Fridays," He joked, "are we of an understanding, Archon? You drop here, I'm turning the Templar Headquarters into my personal hedonism dome. Now let's get to the elevator, before anything really ridiculous happens." It wasn't his best motivational speech, but it'd do. He heard sirens. Good. The emergency system was activated. If they tried holding him back on the ride-along in the ambulance, he'd flash a badge and start really yelling.

He sighed. focusing as he led her to the elevator and started heading down. With any luck the medical crew would already be down there. He input the emergency code again,bypassing all floors. Hooray for government commandeering. Kept him from dying nine times out of ten. The other time was usually a trick that involved a monkey and some stolen Lum. He smirked slowly. "How we doing?" He said as he handed her one of the med bottles she presumably would ask for by now. "Take what you need. I'll keep the press out of this for now. We can make a statement later."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom