Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Threat-Tracking Smart Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
VGcmMWj.png

fiuvdMn.png
vJGDH2o.png
MQFGMMY.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A 'smart' round, compatible with SV biotech's sensor package.
  • Image Source: Me, I made it!
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source:
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Sylva Arma
  • Affiliation: Jack Sandrow, Sylva Vitae
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: TTSR - Series: SASV-J1.1.9
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material:
    • Plant-Surged flora & fungi
    • Chitin exterior
    • Armor-cutting razorgrass 'filling'
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: 'Smart' slug
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Light
  • Explosive Type: N/A
  • Delivery Method: Fired
  • Effective Range: Battlefield
  • Area Of Effect: Pinpoint
  • Damage Output: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 'Smart' biotech allows close tracking of enemy targets
  • Razorgrass-based rounds slice through enemy armor with relative ease, providing deadly fire at most ranges
  • Compatible with Sylva Vitae biotech
STRENGTHS
  • Tracking rounds seek enemies regardless of cover or concealment
  • Aerodynamic design allows for long range fire as well as close-in fire
  • Quasi-ballistic design allows for long-range engagement by 'floating' across the air or through space
  • Organic design allows this to evade most detection methods
WEAKNESSES
  • Tracking rounds require threat marking first, otherwise they are quasi-ballistic and do not track targets.
  • Organic design is less durable than a durasteel-based design
  • Organic slugs do not have the 'punch' of contemporary armaments, and they are weaker to armor as a result
DESCRIPTION
The TTSR is designed to work in tandem with Sylva Vitae's Threat Marking systems; a specialized round capable of course correction mid-flight, it is able to track and hit marked targets regardless of cover or concealment. With a 35 meter turning radius (or greater), it is able to hit marked targets behind cover (with a minimum range). It is also capable of hitting targets at great range that may have moved from initial locations.

The round splits immediately upon exiting the barrel of the weapon, the chitinous shell twisting to spread the ailerons and 'sharpen' the slug. This spinning allows the round to remain stable in flight, and to use the air to 'float' to its designated target, or to use the Force to guide itself through a vacuum. By adjusting its control surfaces mid-flight, the TTSR can land hits against marked targets at most ranges. Its sharpened edges allow it to remain comparable to standard slugthrower rounds, though it loses penetration power due to its lighter mass.

Last edited:

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
Added link to my bio for Affiliation.

I wasn't aware that Plant Surge would be equivalent to Force Alchemy; I had assumed Force Alchemy was specific to imbuement & empowerment, whereas Plant Surge was more 'rapid duplication of regular plant matter'. Nevertheless, I will make sure to adjust this in the future, and across all submissions. Reduced Production to Semi-Unique.

Edited Effective Range to Battlefield.

Listib Hibin Listib Hibin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom