Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts for Mara

So for a while now I've been pondering what direction to take Mara's skillset. Her bio has a list of what she knows and how well she knows it, and I've tried to keep her options open. She's decent at instinctive astrogation, healing, shields, projected fighting/TK, Makashi, and empathy. I've pondered about specializing her, and in the meantime I've just let things develop naturally. She's at a point where he skills could go in just about any direction. What do you guys think?

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]

Hmm... I've seen you move more towards healing stuff. But I think healing with a twist would be neat.

Nuns of G'aav'aar'oon - Gamorrean monastic tradition, Light oriented, apparently capable of bending probability (their enemies wind up with fungal infections and computer viruses). Based on a remote asteroid.

Would be really neat maybe?

And quite possibly.. something along the path of The silent? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Silent

Healer's Guild?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Healer%27s_Guild

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] - I personally think a Healer, done right, would be amazing for you/Mara. And by that I mean (no offense to our healers around here, or those who aren't like this) someone who doesn't just hand-wave and use the Force to make it all better with a clap of Light and a smile. But then again, I also really like the organic, almost Jack-of-all-trades vibe she has now too, so i'm torn.

I know you know Wheel of Time, so I picture Mara being almost Nynaeve like as a healer if you go that route. Still utterly capable of the same feats and derring-do she is now, but when the chips are down, she is the one to stack 'em high again and build them up. Not through vast mystical arcane knowledge of some sekrit force sect ( even though it is your schtick it seems ;) ), but through a practical knowledge of how the body works, combined with a practical knowledge of how the Force works, and in turn, the two combined lead to a bad-ass healer. And when those two fails, she uses that famed Merrill Fringe-knowledge to pull some obscure herbs and other cures.

I'd love to see a healer who doesn't just pour the Force into things to fix them, but uses the Force to help supplement and increase the natural healing. If a bone is broke, don't just handwave a scene where it's fixed. Again, like in WoT, if you just will it whole with the One Power, you could slice an artery with a bone shard! Set the bone, carefully, heal it, heal the muscle, then tendon and ligaments, then flesh from inside out, start to finish.

Barring healing? I could see her pulling off several things, but all of them are pretty typical and well-done archetypes or concepts, so I don't think they'd fit Mara, or what I know of her. Healing would be best, if you chose to specialize, I think.

Sorry if none of that makes sense... I've had 2 hours of sleep in about 48 hours, so i'm a bit loopy. Good luck in whatever you choose!

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"] That moment you look at the signature and go... o_0 that looks familiar...

Anyway.

Kira is literally about to blast back to Galactic Alliance space with a little rust bucket that is apparently a big deal ... Some alliance general and smuggler flew around with it for a while or something.

Through the underground and the Galactic Alliance she is hoping to use this ship as a sort of premier scout and the like, so she is in extension looking for training in astrogation. Being an explorer she already understands the basics, but she needs a master of the art to take her in the direction I'm aiming for. Who better than a Merrill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom