Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those in Glass Houses

Unlike their previous match, where he'd favored not only a different weapon but an entirely different fighting style as well, his methods were far different. Instead of the wild swings that had been characteristic the last time, his movements were far more refined and controlled, packing a just as powerful punch. Contrary to how things had occurred previously he seemed to at least be making some attempt at utilizing a formal style, though it was made difficult to tell by his weapon choice. Blunt weaponry certainly wasn't the most graceful, but he did at least make it appear quite functional in his strikes. Avoiding them was the real test.

Ducking and weaving to dodge his wide swings, she didn't hesitate to put her acrobatics to use, flipping to keep just out of reach. Something told her the trick of landing behind him and attacking was a strategy he was beginning to suspect, therefore making any further attempts at the same unsuccessful. That would require some further thinking on her part. But for the moment the only thing on the forefront of her mind was not getting crushed or otherwise subdued by the Gen'Dai she was currently fighting. And that was proving to be a stretch at times.

Landing on her feet meters away she paused, panting softly, the only outward sign of her exertion. Now was the time to try something else. Perhaps the head-on approach, typically her least favorite method when she was the underdog, would reap the best reward. It was something he seemed to favor, and perhaps something he wouldn't expect. Taking that into consideration she ran directly at him once more, augmenting her speed slightly with the Force, jumping at the last second and bringing her blade down in a flurry towards his head.

Throughout this entire ordeal, for once in her life, she remained silent.

[member="Kezeroth the Malevolent"]

Dodge, dodge & dodge. It was getting tiresome and boring, Though partly Kezeroths own fault for attacking with a weapon that was large. The short swings saved him energy and did not need much strength to inflict damage, the power hammer function took care of that. The Gen'dai could press on for almost forever with his pace. His endurance and stamina was large along with his power, but he lacked speed unless augmented by the force. He was a predator waiting to snatch his prey and he would.

[member="Keira Ticon"] was very skilled but as the fight continued on at the same pace he noticed something, the force aided her already fast speed and that was all really. How would she defend against a force based attack? Could she even?! Searching for a opportunity to test his theory Kezeroth sudden got his chance when Keria got some distance and leaped in for a strike to the head. Watching his apprentice fall down towards him in his perception of time, this was the best time to test whatever he wanted to. Getting into a deep stance he held his hammer equally spaced apart and flexed his body in place. Thinking only about defense in the thought of a barrier around him. There was no other movement, no dodge, nothing.... Only a stationary Gen'dai. As her saber fell it glanced off 1ft away from Kezeroths body, It had made contact with his Force barrier. Glaring at [member="Keira Ticon"] with a smirk Kezeroth and stomped hard summoning and grunted. Lightning arced out of Kezeroths body in a repulse wave in all directions. It was a move he commonly used but so far never against his apprentice. Curious to see not only her reaction but more importantly her response he chuckled lightly to himself.

Just when Keira began to think they were settling into a rhythm the Gen'Dai launched an attack that caught her entirely off guard, its power daunting. There was no time to regard his skill with the respect and awe it likely deserved, as the lightning arced from his very body, crackling towards the air and hardly giving her time to process any type of defense. Adaptation had always been her strength, and now was the time to prove that and show Kezeroth just what she was capable of on the battlefield. Her talent was far from being perfectly refined, her focus being on lightsaber combat rather than that of the ethereal, but she was competent enough in the latter.

Surprise flashed briefly across her face when her saber didn't make contact, but quickly she recognized it as a barrier woven via the Force. One of her own would be required to deflect his attack, and she released the latent energy from her core, throwing up a crude shield of her own, though it was less effective in nature, sufficing to absorb the majority of the attack nonetheless. The electricity was dissipated, but the sheer wave of energy still hit her full force. She countered the energy with her own blast of the Force, turning in the air and hitting the ground meters away, rolling and eventually slowing her pace to stop in a crouch. If she'd learned one thing so far, it was how to take a hit gracefully.

For a time she remained still, statuesque, stunned beyond anything experienced before from the sheer power of the attack. Straightening, she remained decidedly, even carefully quiet, swaying slightly in one spot, her breathing audible and vaguely uneven. Her amber gaze smoldered with a newfound spark of determination, and something of an anger against her circumstances, her inability to alter them and most of all the towering hulk of a man that stood before her, smug smirk on his face. While normally she would have been inclined to return it, her countenance remained smooth, unaltered, that same glare in her eyes.

When she did speak, her voice was quiet, icily calm and calculated, "I'm not going to learn much by getting thrown across rooftops. As much as I enjoy it, I'd rather move on to a different lesson."

Standing up straight the Gen'dai deactivated his power hammer and rested it on his right shoulder while keeping one hand on the grip. " Your wrong, You can learn much from defeat, injury, Victory.... Conflict. Battle is not consistent, It can change in a second.... Life can change in a second. Excellent reaction by deflecting the lightning, Excellent lightsaber skills and acrobatics. But against someone that has Endurance and stamina you moves over time will become predictable, Keria." he paused " And it did... Not once did you attempt to lure me to an area that would work better to your advantage. But tell me what other lesson do you think your ready to move on to?" He asked her and walked towards her, meeting her halfway Kezeroth crouched down to her level examining her state listening to her heartbeat and body. Taking note of what attacks she needed to work on and build a resistance to as of now the Gen'dai became interest into how much training she now needed. His gaze and facial expression was like stone, returned to the state of calmness when a second ago he was angry. His gaze reflected his words, he spoke plainly to her.

[member="Keira Ticon"]

Momentarily surprised that he'd obliged with her request the muscles of her jaw ticced slightly, the orange blade of her lightsaber extinguishing in the next second. Where his close proximity would have unnerved others Keira was relaxed, or as relaxed one could be after the stressors of combat. Without complaint she listened patiently to observations, criticisms and even compliments, taking them into consideration to be developed and improved on at a later date. The fact that he'd praised her didn't go unnoticed, and it gave her pause, causing her to smile faintly despite the circumstances. "There isn't much for advantageous terrain on a rooftop. But I'll remember that for next time."

Exhaling shakily, she met his gaze easily now that the two of them were more or less at eye level. Slowly she clipped her lightsaber at her waist once more, seeing no further need for the weapon now that their sparring match had come to at least a temporary close. "If I had a grasp on other combat techniques, it would make my movements less predictable. I've been self-taught up until this point, more or less. No formal teacher, after I left the Jedi those years ago. Anything you think would be beneficial, I'm willing to learn it." Her smile widened. "Anything to finally win, right?" That was a goal for herself now, claiming victory against him.

While she didn't want to get ahead of herself and overestimate her own ability, a willingness to learn had the capacity to overpower her common sense when it came to certain individuals. "What of lightsaber combat? It might not be feasible for me to move onto Juyo just yet, but I know that I could use improvement in that area. What I can do when it comes to Ataru and Djem So isn't going to get me by forever." And if there was anywhere it had been proven, it was those moments ago. "You're the Master, so it's your choice in the end."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom