Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tho Yor: I - Padawan Kesh

Levia strode through the shoreline and across to where Qae was standing. It had been several weeks since he had disappeared to answer the call, and since then he had returned a handful of times to resume his Water Shaping training with the man who was swiftly becoming his Master. When he halted across from him the young man tilted his head to one side and said, in a very quiet and placid tone, "Master Fish..." Inclining his head the way he had been shown, he then continued, "Come... With me." Gesturing behind his body to where his Space Mantra Ray Rocka awaited Levia then turned and walked away, just expecting the Nautolan to follow... Which he did, much the young man's gratitude.

When they wandered up the ramp to Rocka and into the main hull of the ship Flygare appeared. "Master Sol, our destination?" Turning his attention to the droid, the young man responded with a quiet "Orbit... Ship." Apparently that was sufficient information for the pilot droid to go off because he immediately wandered off to the cockpit, leaving the two men alone in the hull. "Come, Fish... Seats." Stepping up into the main gallery of the ship he led Qae to one of the recreational areas, little more than a seated room with various games set up. More often than not Levia would resort to playing them with Flygare, and truth be told he had no idea whether Qae liked to play or not.

Either way it was not a long journey from Da Soocha, their typical training grounds, to Aether Dreamer - Qae's flagship, which was luckily a stealthed cruiser. With a small knowing smile he then proceeded to lead Qae from the ship, not yet answering any question he might have, after it docked down in one of the flagship's hangar bays. When someone came to inquire of their destination, trusting that Qae was here to travel, Levia took control and said "Tython. Stealthed..." And then he strode off, to explore the ship, trusting that once again Qae would follow him. "Much to discuss, Master Fish" was all he had to say...

@[member='Qae Shena']

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Levia's method was simple, effective. Some might say brutally so, but Qae cared not for such things. He liked hi student, that they could learn and train underwater in ways that many of his others could not. It made him feel comfortable, at home, like someone who could be reassuring about their training. It had progressed. It was going well. Well enough that Qae was contemplating taking him on a mission.

Frankly, things were looking up.

However, the request was interesting. Tython? Stealthed, no less? Qae had been there. He could take Levia there, certainly, but taking a stealthed cruiser... well, admittedly, Qae knew a great place to park it; there were a couple safe spots out near the black hole cluster that he knew about. And, being a professional spacer, he could get his ship there no problem with some hyperjumps. Then it was just a matter of taking Rocka down-- Levia would want his ship-- and making some progress. Qae's order was obeyed. The Aether Dreamerwas headed, stealthed, to Tython.

When Levia began exploring, Qae was right there with him. "Talk to me, Levia. What's your plan?" Legitimately, Qae was curious. What did he have in mind?

@[member="Levia Sol"]

To have the Fish willing to follow meant a high level of trust, which in turn was highly reassuring for the young man. He did not say a word until they were well away from the landing-party and down some of the more quieter sections of the ship. It wasn't that they required privacy, merely that Levia thought much better, much clearer, without distractions. And considering Qae wanted to know what he had in mind, well Levia figured it would help that he could actually think.

"I... Met with someone" he began, looking across to the Fish at his side, "Well, some-bodies. They practise Balance, and used to reside on Tython in their first carnation. I would like to visit their former world, and the Temples which come along with it. Many are likely ruins, it's been millennia since, but... I'd still like to visit." With a small sigh he rubbed the back of his neck and looked away from Qae, falling silent for the time being as they ventured deeper into the ship to find somewhere to set up camp until they reached Tython's orbit.

Stepping into one of the many empty quarters, which contained ample space for them both, he slipped down to sit on the edge of a bed, and looked right at Qae. "And... I wanted you there with me, Master Fish. Am I still capable of learning from you whilst associating with them?" A frown crossed his face at the latter thought; did he have to give up his teachings in order to follow his path?

@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Levia Sol"]

"I... may know these people," Qae said, pausing. "The Je'daii. I felt their call when it was first put out to the Galaxy, but I ignored it for a time. My Master is one of them, and she is one of their most prolific voices. I know them well, Levia."

He was so busy when the callw ent out that he had not acted. Yet his student was wanting to go and learn the arts of balance from a Force tradition that truly could teach it. It was rather admirable. His mind was made up when Levia expressed his want to go and study with them. Frankly, he'd been toying with the idea. Inner balance, for himself, was most important in his teachings. Being good was independent of such a thing, as the Conclave practised. He knew that balance was key to his lifestyle and the way he taught one's ability to shape water. He knew that Spencer had taught him all this.

Qae offered Levia a smile, an honest one.

"We'll both go. Together. The Je'daii get two new students."

"Who is your Master, Fish?" he inquired as he took a seat and leant back, staring intently at his trainer. It was a curious idea to him that this man had been trained, but of course it made sense that he would have been - after all, knowledge did not come from the blue.

Rubbing his chin ever so slightly he gave some thought to what his Master said next; he was offering to go with him, which was what he had hoped for, yet more so than that he was willing to join the Je'daii themselves. His eyes widened when he realised what this meant, the implications, before a tiny grin appeared upon his lips. "I would like that, Master Fish; but we are not going to the Je'daii at present. We are going to Tython. I have a pilgrimage to settle."

Leaning back in the chair he thumbed what little of a beard he had, scratching at the stubble. "We're heading to Padawan Kesh to begin. You can join in."

@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
@[member="Levia Sol"]

"My Master goes by many names and many faces, Levia. She is one of the greatest mysteries of the Galaxy, and arguably the most powerful mentalist in existence - at once she is Sanctuary, and Yun-Harla the Yuuzhan Vong trickster goddess. To me, she is the centre of my world." A quiet smile. "My everything. I would be nothing without her guiding hand."

Not naming her was a habit, one that Qae had always maintained; Spencer Jacobs was a woman who loved her privacy, keeping her identity maintained. Who knew what face she wore, what masque she presented, to the Je'daii? Qae would find out when he got there, of course. And, of course, he loved her. Loved her unlike any other woman that roamed the stars; it was not romantic love. No, it was somewhere between the love one had for a best friend, for a teacher and for a sister; it was whole, unfettered by physical want or desire and utterly pure in its deliverance. It was the greatest bond he had. Even now, he could sense her halfway across the Galaxy, as they flew through hyperspace. His thoughts were forever with her.

"So, we will undertake the ancient Pilgrimage," Qae said, pondering. "One Temple at a time, yes? Start at the start, then follow it to the end. I see no problem with this. We're already en route to Tython."

He nodded his head in understanding - Qae wished to leave her name out of it, which was fine for him as he understood the necessity of secrecy around ones you barely knew, especially when the secret was not your own. "Very well" he said, leaning back on the seat to watch the Fish intently. while he raised a hand to rub at his chin in tender thought. When he saw that Qae had slipped into a thoughtful silence he allowed him the peace, remaining stoic and silent until he piqued up again.

"One Temple at a time" he agreed, thumbing the arm of the chair he was sat in for a moment, before standing. "We begin at Padawan Kesh, then." He had done his homework, so to speak, and knew the route they would take already. It would be far more difficult than the journey most new Je'daii took considering the necessity of travelling across Tython itself, with the resources they would require, through deserts - which would prove particularly difficult for them - and oceans and mountains and forests, they would visit Tython in its whole.

--

After resting and innumerable hours in hyperspace they finally came upon the Tython System, through which they passed stealthed and unseen. Travelling back through Qae's flagship he sought out the hangar which held his beloved space-mantra, and there he waited on Qae to appear - it had been their chosen meeting point for this adventure, and what an adventure it would be...

@[member="Qae Shena"]

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
The vast majority of the trip, for Qae, was spent in two ways: first in meditation with the Force, plumbing its depths for directions, for answers, for knowledge of Tython that would be pertinent to the trip the were making. Qae had been to Tython once. And, with the blessing of Ben Watts now, he would go there a second time on his own volition. To do that, he would need the knowledge of the Force in order to make good their trip and benefit the most from it.

The second thing he was doing was spent on the bridge of the Aether Dreamer, where he could naviate the ship around the clusters of black holes that surrounded the hidden Tython system, the way Jorus Merrill would have, but with far less expertise, profieincy, and with a lot less intuition required. He just needed to hit the sweet spots he already knew about and get aorund them. Certainly, for a ship with a good hyperdrive and a talented captain it was nothing, and Qae considered himself a good Captain as the Master-at-Arms of the Vagrant Fleet. It was just how it was, really.

When they eventually arrived over Tython, the task renewed itself. Back to Levia's ship, packed with a heavy backpack for a long adventure; plenty of survival gear stocked and ready. Tents, sleeping bags, food and water pellets, light, portable condenser and a micro-power generator for it all. All necessary gear. All things Qae knew they'd need for their journey, at the very least.

"Well, I'm ready," he said to his fellow aquatic. "Are you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom