Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Past Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technical Issues

We've had numerous technical problems, even including a one day outage, but most if not all have since been resolved. Props to the Admin team for handling password changes during the Google blackout, that was a rough one.

One of the upsides to the maintenance involved is that we're now properly passing SSL certification. This improves end-user security and our google search ranking, so plus for that.

I'd like to personally thank the Chaos community for your patience in dealing with these issues.

Disciplinary Issues

We had an issue at the beginning of the month, which Staff has been watching diligently and have even urged me to "set the record straight". Again, guys, I won't be doing that. I don't mind what names they call me, or how many times. Given the debased, deplorable behaviors we've witnessed, it is easy to forget that one of my primary duties is to protect the privacy of others - even when you don't want to.

I have chosen as of now, however, to follow Staff's advice and stop employing "half-measures." Here is a list of this month's permanent bans, some of which have been upgraded from temporary as of this posting:

Katya Shorn
Tanomas Graf
Aycin
Samka Derith
Saka Amara
Kerchinhof

1. To those of you who are learning about this for the first time, and those who have befriended and or support these people, we're no longer indulging your behavior. Your deceit, manipulation, toxicity, and complete disregard for our rules and structure is not welcome here. These were your actions, nobody else's.

Please leave gracefully, or you will be forcibly shown the door.

2. I'm further empowering Major Faction Leaders to report any incidents in their discords directly to an Administrator no matter the cause, and I'm empowering Administrators to now employ permanent bans based on reasonable suspicion. Before this, only I or the Head Admin could employ a permanent ban.

3. For that silent majority of you that offer us no problems and just enjoy writing Star Wars, thank you. As always, your time and place here at Chaos will remain unaffected, just report problems where you see them and let us sort the rest.

Furthermore, we'll go easy on Invasions. It's my understanding sometimes things can get heated there, so don't think you'll get banned just for having a disagreement with another writer over if Greedo shot first or not.

Looking Forward

Holidays are coming!

I'm very busy this next following month, including taking vacation and attending a wedding. As the sole manager of our Server, I'm always on watch - and still planning our long awaited upgrade.

We have most of the pieces already in place, and the final one is in reaching distance - there will be more on that at a later time.

See you at the theaters in December. Go for Papa Palpatine.

To the guy I just banned who posted a Charles Dickens novel of explanation, including talking about this "Church":

This community is moving on. There is a large majority here that just wants to write Star Wars, not dwell in your fabricated Discord drama.

Your "church" group is not the hokey pokey, you are not what it's all about. Yes, I will ban a "not so significant portion of this community", if all of them come forward. Please either abide by our rules, or leave gracefully.

If all of you would like to just PM me so we can come out of our holes and make ourselves known, we can handle this pretty quickly. You are not recognized as serious, this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion by all of you, and you've debased yourselves by attempting childish threats at my team.

This is not a negotiation.

And it only ends one way.

e98397e6fd8667fb665bb838a415ae17.png
You didn't even bother sending it to me directly.​
Cowards behind monitors, children playing with fire.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom