Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is the end--The will reading of Nick Sept

Nick Sept

Worst Ghost in the Galaxy
@faith balor-organa [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

A man, covered in scars, sat at the head of the table, waiting for each person to gather. Well, each person save for Aleidis Ijet, because poet couldn't fething find her. That part of the estate would have to wait. The scarred soldier infrequently called poet let out a sigh. The skin grafts hadn't smoothly taken, and he still looked like hell from being lit on fire. That runty little Sith bastard had nearly killed all for of them. Sept sacrificed himself to get the rest of the squad out of there, and now, here they were, to execute his will and mourn his loss. He looked at those gathered around the table. "Everyone take a seat....we'll start shortly," he said, coughing out slightly. His voice was raspier than he would've liked. Ah, well. Not much to sing about today, any how.

Jack Sparrow, Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic (until the next election, at any rate), seated himself next to [member="Faith Organa"], and nodded to newlywed [member="Draco Vereen"] and likely new Chancellor [member="Caius Flavian"]. Jack rubbed his hands together beneath the table, wondering why they'd been called. It was likely that someone on his staff knew, but Jack hadn't bothered to inquire. He liked surprises, even though the expression on his host's face gave the impression that this wasn't meant to be a celebration.

[member="Nick Sept"]

Faith was quiet there was so much going on as of late recent marriage, impending birth and the continual rebuilding they were doing. War, crusades whatever they wanted to call it.

It was hard all of it to know that those she sat with in the Senate feth even poor Jack might be considered the enemy. Jack had wanted to make a lasting peace with the mando'ade that was now a pipe dream. There would be no peace.

She looked over to [member="Draco Vereen"] and then to [member="Jack Sparrow"].

"so do we know why we are here/"

Draco, shook his head. "I assumed you were invited, and I got the courtesy invitation because of you." He said with weak smile at Faith. He didn't know, and with everything going on, he wasn't in a place of friends, but Faith might be.

Despite everything, the Galactic Republic wasn't entirely evil, not even the majority was evil. It was only a handful of the people that were actually in charge. In the end, Jack was Supreme Chancellor, but he wasn't part of the oligarchy that ruled the Republic. Neither was Caius or Nick Sept. They could even be good souls who wanted what was best, but unfortunately, their government was stained, by Lasedri, who cost them every ally they had and installed the oligarchy that was still pulling strings. For a time, it looked like things would get better, but with Hadrix back in command and sponsored by the senate, in a very short vote most abstained from, there was nothing left to discuss between the Clans and the Republic.

But, that wasn't why they were here. They were here at the behest of the scarred man instead.

[member="Faith Organa"] [member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Nick Sept"]

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
I had arrived alongside the others.
Wearing my traditional ole Imperial Uniform and simple Senatorial regalia representing Carida.
I had arrived to this on the heels of attempting to corral the Senate into action which nowadays was becoming a significant challenge. Along with keeping the powers of constituency in check. On top of that being suddenly nominated to run for Supreme Chancellor had consumed my life.

Speaking of the Supreme Chancellor Office the present Incumbent, [member="Jack Sparrow"], was here. It was a tad strange I wasn't quite sure of the relationship between him and Senator Sept but I had heard rumor of them likely being drinking buddies of sort. Regardless it was another of the oddity moments to be sharing a room with a pirate who was also a government official. Celestials take me the Imperial in me felt very confused. Still though his administration had so far been fairly hands off and the Senate had been far more empowered under his leadership. He had inherited the mess that the predecessor to the now reformed executive office had left in almost complete ruination. The utter chaos during his tenure though on the foreign relations front though was something I did not at all look forward to inheriting. Plus I think an audit would be an ideal thing to perform, after all, he is a known pirate ;)

I was surprised to say the least to see [member="Faith Organa"] here. I had heard of her recent resignation from the post of Director of GRIM which was unfortunate. It was increasingly feeling as though the government was shrinking, at least of those who were giving it their all. A bit more surprised at her company. I was actually unaware of any such marriage or relationship with this particular Mandalorian ([member="Draco Vereen"]). However my intuition was enough to tell that aside from the obvious closeness between the two there was some sort of relationship. Either way I did not view the man with any disdain primarily out of respect to Faith. Especially in light of why we were all here.

[member="Nick Sept"] a man who held much respect. Soldier, Senator, and in many ways the guiding hand for the Clones who had been biologically manufactured to perform what was now called the Red Dawn. Aptly named for the amount of blood shed in the civil war and coup of the government under Lasedri. He was a man who was of proven loyalty to the cause of the Republic. Now though the future seemed a little dimmer with his untimely death. I sadly did not spend enough time outside of Senate with the man. It would be one of the growing list of regrets in life. Perhaps something in the future to honor him and the many others who had made the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty.

I took in the man who was to read us the will.
Another of the many common fighters in the republic's military who had done so much.
I gave a nod to the others along with greetings "Supreme Chancellor Sparrow and Princess Organa," I then extended my hand to the mandalorian and introduced myself "Senator Caius Flavian"

Nick Sept

[member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

The scarred man adjusted his tie as the others sat down and introduced themselves. "My apologies for the short notice, I'm afraid time wasn't on our side in getting this all sorted. I'm not sure how many of you are aware, so I'll start from the top," he said looking across the room. Some of them might have already heard, but frankly, he hadn't been explicit when he contacted them. This wasn't the sort of new you gave over the phone. He frowned slightly. "I'm PET-0254791, but most folks call me Poet," he said with a nod. "I'm an emancipated clone, and I served as chief of staff to Senator Nick Sept. Senator Sept," he said sadly, "Has died. He fought to protect innocent lives on Mimban during the terrorist attacks, and sacrificed his life so the rest of us could make it out in one piece, fighting a Sith sorcerer in a pitched battle in the capitol city. If this is the first you've heard, I am truly sorry."

He adjusted his seat slightly, giving everyone in the room time to adjust. "You have each been called here, " he continued in a raspy tone, "because you've been mentioned in Senator Sept's will. That is the purpose of this gathering. Well, actually," he said with a nod to Draco "You've been mentioned only in passing, and not by name. You're referred to as 'Faith's guy, the one with the long hair.' I'm assuming he meant you, but he didn't see you often, it seems," Poet shrugged slightly. "Still, you are all mentioned in Nick's will, and as the executor of his estate, I suppose it's my job to give you the short version of it. Is everyone ready?"

He waited for any responses. This was all quite a bit to process. He hadn't even mentioned the funeral arrangements yet. Or the actual content of the will. Or the pain-killers that were the only thing keeping him from spending the whole day in bed, whimpering. Although, in all fairness, the pain-killers were probably not necessary parts of the discussion. Still, he was on the verge of breaking down and crying any minute himself.

Jack wrinkled his nose. Nick Sept was dead? "Was it painful?" he asked aloud. "For him, I mean. Not you. Oh, and I'm ready, yes." He leaned over to whisper to Caius: "I've voted for you, by the way. Best man for the job, I think, and also, the only one who seems to want to work for it. Well, apart from the Gamorrean, but to be honest I'm not sure what his campaign platform is. Bit rusty on my Gamorrean. Sounded a bit like he wanted to do away with Pantsless Tuesdays and replace it with a weekly trough feed. Or increased spending on orbital defenses." Jack shrugged and turned his attention back to Poet.

[member="Nick Sept"] | [member="Faith Organa"] | [member="Caius Flavian"] | [member="Draco Vereen"]

[member="Caius Flavian"]

"Caius, how nice to see you, I wish for other circumstances though" She nudged Jack when she heard him talking to Caius, "Caius we can catch up later, there's much to know" She looked at Poet, "yes I'm ready"

Mentioned in Nick's will, Nick was gone, how terrible was that. Nick was gone, a member of the WolfCat Order was gone. She frowned, had it been so long since they had all had dinner and celebrated the Order, celebrated a bit of life.She looked down again.

She didn't know what else to say right now, "where will he be buried?" Was there a place for him, "if there isn't a place if he didn't have one, I can offer him a resting place" He had come to Alderaan, he could rest on Alderaan having aided in saving her life, it was the very least she could do for him.

[member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

Nick Sept

[member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Faith Organa"] [member="Caius Flavian"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

Poet coughed as Sparrow offered a question that he clearly didn't want to answer. "I'm...not...." he sighed. "Look, I've got a lot to do here. Can we keep the questions a bit less...harsh?" He seemed to almost have a pleading look in his eye for a brief moment as he returned to the tablet. Keep it together, keep it together.

Tigress sat beside Poet frowning slightly. "Breathe in, PT. You can do it, kay?"

Poet rubbed his eyes and nodded as Faith asked a question less inclined to make him want to punch someone. He sighed. "I'm afraid his body wasn't in sufficient condition for physical interment. However, a small grave site will be erected on Cartao, which you are all welcome to visit, after I've confirmed the cutting of the tombstone," he said with a sigh.

He then looked around the room. "Mr. Sparrow, on Cartao, near the Al-Mezzet Hangar, there is a small country house where Sena...where Nick made a habit of drinking and fishing. There's a little dock for boats. You are entitled to the deed, and and the boat, and the contents of he wine cellar. I recommend the Cartesian 629, as it was a a good year for bad decisions." He tossed the former supreme chancellor a set of keys. "Nick would've thanked you for putting up with a rather cantankerous and troublesome senator. His specific instructions were that the drinks and house were from one Scoundrel to another, not from one senator to another," he said with a laugh.

He turned to the couple. Vereen and Organa. Two houses, not particularly alike in any real respect. Still, sometimes love was a strange, strange sort of thing. He smiled wistfully. "Lady Organa, Mr....Vereen." He coughed slightly. What was the guy's title. A'lor? Dragon? He didn't really understand Mandalorians, save for their love of war shanties. He chuckled. "Nick wanted to thank you, both for your work in the senate, and your friendship. He also said that in the will that his gift for you was aimed at the future, not the present, just like you two are. North of the Spaarti cloning facility on Cartao, there's a range, a few thousand acres. Mostly woods. These lands are to be held in trust, until your children become of sufficient age to hold the property," he said with a nod. He brought up the tablet. "I'm just going to quote this exactly:"

"Hello, Faith. Sorry to have to leave you lot behind. Long story short, figured you and Draken--that was his name, right? We never really talked. Anyway, he seems like the type to teach kids how to hunt and survive off the land. He can probably handle the place where I trained a couple thousand clones to do it. There's a hunting shack, but it's kinda well-hidden, so I left you a map. Hunt and fish, but don't level the place. It's good land, and the deer and geese make for a decent stew, once you figure out which mosses aren't bad for seasoning. Oh, and if you decide to fly over the place on a thranta, wear a helmet. I am not coming back form the dead to prevent further concussions. Sincerely, Nick."

Poet smiled. "Even when dead, he's still as sarcastic as ever," he wiped his eyes slightly. "Sorry, it's just...well, this." Words rarely failed poet, but they did today.

Laughingstock raised an eyebrow. "I though he was gonna give them the ranch," she mused out loud.

"No, actually, we have equal ownership in the ranch, and Tigress is getting the bikes and the shuttle," Poet said with a nod.

He then walked up to Caius, lookign him dead in the eye. "Last but not least is your gift, Senator, or should I say, Chancellor? I will quote this directly as well:"

"Caius, more than anybody, you know where I've been. Military turned governor, man of war turned man of peace. If I die in office, I'm afraid I will have to ask you to pick up where I left off." Poet set down a data-crystal. "My staff will provide you with every file and record I have, including some intelligence I've gathered on extracurricular work. It ain't much, but every bit information is a tool. You've got a career ahead of you--might as well steal some of my notes, right? Do your damnedest to leave thing better than you found them. If I can do it for the clones, you can do it for the Pubs. Regards, Sept."

Poet looked gently at Caius. "Every file we kept in the office, is in there. The exception to this is a small safe in his office, to which none of us were given the combination. Whatever's in there, it's up to you to crack it. It's behind the painting of the Cartesian capitol building. That's also yours," he said calmly. "Sept had a great deal of faith in you. I wish you well on his behalf...." Poet then coughed a little, still obviously shaken. "I believe that covers everything. Are there any further questions?" He asked, hoping that the room could stay kind, if only to keep him from breaking down.

Faith nodded, "that's very generous of him. Draco, and I will be sure that the next generation sees it for the beautiful place he intended" Faith was very silent. So Nick was gone. Really gone.

Death had claimed another friend.

Feth.

She looked at [member="Caius Flavian"] they were friends too, no matter what. She'd make sure her friend were taken care of.

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Nick Sept"] [member="Jack Sparrow"]

Jack accepted the keys and bowed his head in thanks and quiet reflection. Once [member="Faith Organa"] and [member="Draco Vereen"] had accepted their gift as well, the pirate closed his eyes and quietly sang:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1se8_-fcxZs[/youtube]

[member="Nick Sept"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom