Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is Not the Noob You're Looking For

Move along.

For those of you who managed to resist my trick....well that's all I got. You got me.

Seriously though, howdy! :p I'm pretty new, as you can probably already tell. I've decided to give this site a try. Not much else to say really (I'm horrible at introductions, sorry XD). Hopefully it proves fruitful, but we'll see what happens.

May the Force Be With You!

I do have one question: is there anywhere the site lore/backstory is recorded? I'm a bit confused on the actual setting in the Star Wars timeline.

From the presence of the Knights of Ren and the First Order, I surmise it's sometime after Jedi in the canon timeline (possibly long after The Force Awakens, because I doubt all these factions popped up and disappeared in the thirty years between Jedi and TFA).

Well, to get the basic gist of our timeline, I'd suggest heading on over here: clicky
This is the site's backstory, with a few entries on the site-wide events we've had. It doesn't go over everything that's happened, since we've been around for a few years, but it should help with understanding the general setting.

[member="Shadow Rider"]

Shadow Rider said:
I do have one question: is there anywhere the site lore/backstory is recorded? I'm a bit confused on the actual setting in the Star Wars timeline.

From the presence of the Knights of Ren and the First Order, I surmise it's sometime after Jedi in the canon timeline (possibly long after The Force Awakens, because I doubt all these factions popped up and disappeared in the thirty years between Jedi and TFA).
We're set at, currently, 845 ABY. From 425 ABY til 835 ABY there was a significant event called the Gulag Plague which depleted much of the galaxy's population and also plunged the galaxy as a whole into a "dark age" kind of era. While the plague was relatively inactive about 100 years prior to 835 ABY, the galaxy hadn't really recovered until then. Right now we're in a very tumultuous era of war and corporate growth.

Welcome to Chaos, by the way.

[member="Shadow Rider"]
Not sure if you've noticed or not, yet, but if you click the @Mention button below a character's avatar & tags it will insert @ThatPoster'sName into the post (like @Braith Achlys) which will then tag the other writer in your post and send them a notification. You can manually type in tag for a character/writer and it will perform the same process. Alternatively you can use the BBCode for it, which I've noted below.

[member="Braith Achlys"] or [member=Braith Achlys] or @Braith Achlys

All of the above will tag the person you want tagged (in the example, me).

Hmm. That was my instinctive thing to do, but I didn't think it worked. It's not unlike TheStarWarsRP's coding, it seems. (I'm from TheStarWarsRP, btw. Dunno if that's the equivalent of saying you're a Mexican Muslim in Trumplandtopia tho.)

Katelyn Feanor

Two sides of a singular coin
[member="Shadow Rider"]

giphy.gif

Welcome to Chaos, Darth Jar-jar! Have fun and enjoy your stay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom